8.3

1. Nov 26, 2011
    It was ok. It was interesting at first but then it just turned into a full fledged action film that was rather pointless and unrealistic (plot wise). Overall it was decent.
  2. Apr 18, 2012
    this is the best action thriller movie of all times, the best performance of Sylvester Stallone in my opinion the best of the trilogy. First Blood should win an oscar
  3. May 23, 2011
    In three words - my favourite film. I mean what's to not like here? Awesome acting, a believable character (much more than in the future istallments) and a tragic story.
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    I agree with Roger Ebert on his review. First Blood is certainly interesting and well acted but during the last 30 minutes, It takes a bit of a nose dive. Still, It's a good film and worth watching.
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    It's one of the few perfect movies I've seen in my lifetime

Until the last twenty or thirty minutes, however, First Blood is a very good movie, well-paced, and well-acted not only by Stallone (who invests an unlikely character with great authority) but also by Crenna and Brian Dennehy, as the police chief.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Director Ted Kotcheff has all sorts of trouble with this mess, aside from credibility. Supposedly, the real villain here is society itself, which invented a debacle like Vietnam and must now deal with its lingering tragedies. But First Blood cops out completely on that one, not even trying to find a solution to Stallone's problems.
  3. Reviewed by: Bruce McCabe
    Ted Kotcheff's First Blood is a cute, slick anti-Vietnam war film carefully treated to go down for the pro-war constituency it's made for. [23 Oct 1982]