8.4

1. Sep 14, 2014
    The only Rambo movie with a real story. I own them all and i like them all, but Rambo 2-4 are just "Lets Rambo kill hundreds of bad guys" without a real story. Rambo - first blood, shows a vietnam vet mocked without a reason by some Polivemen. Because of his experience during his prison in vietnam he starts raging and runs away from the cops and hides in the woods. The Cops start to actThe only Rambo movie with a real story. I own them all and i like them all, but Rambo 2-4 are just "Lets Rambo kill hundreds of bad guys" without a real story. Rambo - first blood, shows a vietnam vet mocked without a reason by some Polivemen. Because of his experience during his prison in vietnam he starts raging and runs away from the cops and hides in the woods. The Cops start to act violently against him, until he starts to return the favour. In this movie Rambo avoids violence for a long time. Its not a blood and gorefest like the other parts. Thumbs up for one of the best true action movies. Good storytelling and good entertainement, without CG Explosions and stuff, needed in todays movies. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    I agree with Roger Ebert on his review. First Blood is certainly interesting and well acted but during the last 30 minutes, It takes a bit of a nose dive. Still, It's a good film and worth watching.
  3. Mar 20, 2013
    It's one of the few perfect movies I've seen in my lifetime
  4. Apr 18, 2012
    this is the best action thriller movie of all times, the best performance of Sylvester Stallone in my opinion the best of the trilogy. First Blood should win an oscar
  5. Nov 26, 2011
    It was ok. It was interesting at first but then it just turned into a full fledged action film that was rather pointless and unrealistic (plot wise). Overall it was decent.
  6. May 23, 2011
    In three words - my favourite film. I mean what's to not like here? Awesome acting, a believable character (much more than in the future istallments) and a tragic story.

Until the last twenty or thirty minutes, however, First Blood is a very good movie, well-paced, and well-acted not only by Stallone (who invests an unlikely character with great authority) but also by Crenna and Brian Dennehy, as the police chief.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Director Ted Kotcheff has all sorts of trouble with this mess, aside from credibility. Supposedly, the real villain here is society itself, which invented a debacle like Vietnam and must now deal with its lingering tragedies. But First Blood cops out completely on that one, not even trying to find a solution to Stallone's problems.
  3. Reviewed by: Bruce McCabe
    Ted Kotcheff's First Blood is a cute, slick anti-Vietnam war film carefully treated to go down for the pro-war constituency it's made for. [23 Oct 1982]