Flicka

6.3

1. MaddieK.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Amazing movie, about being free, and a great lesson to anyone who does not respect the horse.
  2. C&SSeriousSisters
    Feb 19, 2007
    We didn't get it. Girl, unlikeable and lazy. Brother, likeable and lazy. Mother, out to lunch. Father, piece of wood. Horse, no appeal what so ever. Story line, non existent. Skip this one.
  3. AlT.
    May 21, 2007
    Another awe inspiring tale of how once again, your children as supposed to rebel against everything in the world so that they can become strong individuals and rule the world... But once again, we see all of the qualities needed for a strong individual in place only to be defiant, rebellious, and oh... did I mention lazy? Any ranch hand would roll their eyes and this and just agree that Another awe inspiring tale of how once again, your children as supposed to rebel against everything in the world so that they can become strong individuals and rule the world... But once again, we see all of the qualities needed for a strong individual in place only to be defiant, rebellious, and oh... did I mention lazy? Any ranch hand would roll their eyes and this and just agree that this is more what real life on the ranch is. Family that expects the hired hands to do their work, plus theirs and not gripe. First off, ya, smart, thanks to Mom and Dad's cash, which they sacrifice in order for her to get a decent education, is returned in appreciation by a doot da doo girl looking for nothing but a free ride and "understanding". But of course, we have all been there: We didn Expand
  4. GlueGuy
    May 21, 2007
    Guess someone forgot to mention that two horses died in this movie huh? Whinny brat, conspiring brother, give in mother, Father stuck with ranch hands to clean up mess. Slap the brats and talk some sense to the spouse and get this movie going with a decent plot already!
  5. SarahV.
    Sep 8, 2007
    i thought it was great and TIm McGraw did an amazing job. Great cast, great acting, beautiful setting, great story.
  6. Michellec
    Oct 16, 2006
    This is a wholesome family movie with heart. If you liked the book or the old "My Friend Flicka" you will sure to enjoy this splendid remake. McGraw shows off more of the acting chops we glimpsed in "Friday Night Lights."
  7. Steve
    Nov 9, 2006
    Well-done tweener movie. Enjoyable for adults also.
  8. StevenG.
    Oct 19, 2006
    Excellent film with surprisingly powerful and polished performances by Alison Lohman and Tim McGraw. Sophisticated family film that simply proves again the incompetence of our nation's pretentious and chowder-headed "professional" critical pontificators.
  9. DeannaM.
    Oct 26, 2006
    A great family film. I liked it so much I saw it twice. Great preformances. Would recommend for all family's. Go Tim McGraw!
  10. DrunkenF.
    May 21, 2007
    Serious right? Boring, kids control parents. Awful.
  11. RB.
    Oct 22, 2006
    This is not a family film, unless you want your family to learn that constant disobedience is the key to success.
  12. LewK.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Did I miss something? I went to see this because I remember so fondly the original "My Friend Flicka," and, of course, "Thunderhead." As I recall, when the rifle shot was heard in the distance--the intention being to put Flicka out of her misery--it was the mountain lion who was killed. A nice twist to the climax. Yet, in the new film I don't recall hearing anyone even ask about the Did I miss something? I went to see this because I remember so fondly the original "My Friend Flicka," and, of course, "Thunderhead." As I recall, when the rifle shot was heard in the distance--the intention being to put Flicka out of her misery--it was the mountain lion who was killed. A nice twist to the climax. Yet, in the new film I don't recall hearing anyone even ask about the shot and no mention of the big cat. Big dramatic opportunity missed here. Unless I fell asleep! Expand
  13. BillC.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Family film fare at as good a level as anything out there. It reminded me of the old Lassie TV shows of the 50's , but updated to a more honest level. Teenagers actually do argue with their parents sometimes and they don't always see eye-to-eye. They didn't allow for much of that in the 1950's TV Land, but it was happening then too. A film about Family, tradition, Family film fare at as good a level as anything out there. It reminded me of the old Lassie TV shows of the 50's , but updated to a more honest level. Teenagers actually do argue with their parents sometimes and they don't always see eye-to-eye. They didn't allow for much of that in the 1950's TV Land, but it was happening then too. A film about Family, tradition, conflict and resolution. It's not Mission Impossible 3, thank god! Expand
  14. MonikaC.
    Feb 19, 2007
    Flicka is the best movie on earth a LOVED that movie, Alison Lohman is an amazing actress!
  15. Dec 11, 2015
    it's a good movie,not much but it is a good movie,with the good characters,it evan has some tough image's to watch witch you doing get a lot of in horse movies.

1. A modernized version of that great sentimental horse movie, 1943's "My Friend Flicka," and it comes with the shiny trappings, high professionalism and glamorous accessories you might expect...Something is missing though.
  2. An entertainingly ridiculous update of Mary O’Hara’s 1941 children’s novel, “My Friend Flicka.”
  3. So those seeking a softer approach to the realities of both child- and animal-rearing should search elsewhere. The rest of us, meanwhile, are free to enjoy a well-made family drama pitched to young adults that's honest, tough and surprisingly engaging.