7.9

1. ChadS.
    Feb 4, 2005
    "Flight of the Phoenix" never convinces us that a second plane can be cobbled together because the story scrimps too much on details. Building the plane is your movie but the filmmakers evidently felt their premise was too boring to take seriously. The drama should've came from the threat of starvation and dehydration, and not some "Raiders of the Lost Ark" pulp element like desert "Flight of the Phoenix" never convinces us that a second plane can be cobbled together because the story scrimps too much on details. Building the plane is your movie but the filmmakers evidently felt their premise was too boring to take seriously. The drama should've came from the threat of starvation and dehydration, and not some "Raiders of the Lost Ark" pulp element like desert mauraders. What makes "Flight of the Phoenix" watchable is the best screen performance to date by Giovanni Ribisi. Expand
  2. booby-beew.
    Mar 14, 2005
    Pros: enjoyable at times, the screenplay writer did some of thier homework. cons: way toooooooo predictable, weak introduction overview: yet another flimsy action movie that has little to get excited over.
  3. Tony
    Dec 24, 2004
    Good movie.
  4. MichaelD.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This is not a great movie, but it certainly is a good one. I am usually very snobbish about movies, and in particular, action-adventures, but this one didn't phase me too badly. Great music, visuals, and acting. Weak script at times, and sometimes the plot didn't seem too logical. It lacked some dramatic tension. But overall, its fun and exciting, though not at all intellectual.
  5. Dec 19, 2015
    "The Flight of the Phoenix" , was a little interesting , so better to be the plot has been good, but do not rule out the reluctance of the movie, but it is the fact.

1. Refreshingly, it's actually about action, albeit arbitrary action, and how it defines us and keeps us alive.
    This half-hearted, half-witted remake of Robert Aldrich's compelling 1965 tale of survival, ingenuity, and teamwork generates no heat.
    This remake replaces suspense with boredom and witty dialogue with lame lines any self-respecting actor should be embarrassed to utter.