7.2

1. Jul 23, 2014
    Flight is a cinematic masterpiece - it is emotionally captivating, a superb plot, and two oscar-worthy performances from its two oddly likeable leads.
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    My issue with this movie is how terribly anticlimactic it was. Several times you feel build up but it just get's squandered away.
    I feel like it was such a good story line to start with but slowly deteriorates, and becomes another hallmark movie.
    On a positive note it was interesting to watch, but I felt no real resolve at the end of the film, and I felt like it was just a little too
    stereotypical.
    It could've been timeless easily, but instead they chose things to go into like him meeting a girl who might I say in my opinion is and was a terrible actor, emphasize it to the point that it's "cheesily" dramatic. I wanted to roll my eyes into the back of my head. Yet another disappointment with some of the way over dramatic and in style over dramatized but lacking meaning religious references, it's incomplete to me.
    Throughout the movie Denzel does a spectacular job, the base story itself is compelling, but gets muddied up and trampled on throughout the film.
    If you're not into movies that end in and non-deep and hallmark way, with a personal meaning and motivating cause, this isn't the best movie for you.
    Cinematically, decently set up. I'd give it a 6.
  3. Apr 28, 2014
    A pretty well acted movie but I didn't enjoy the storyline to much. The characters in this movie were great and they were usually really funny. And I did really enjoy the plane crash and a couple other scenes but the movie wasn't amazing by any means. A couple and in particular one scene could have been removed and it could have lost its 18A rating and they were kind of un needed. A ok movie with good acting Expand
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    Flight just might be one of the best dramas of 2012. Denzel Washington plays a pilot who was able to save many people in a plane failure by pulling an amazing stunt. The plane was consisted doomed along with everyone aboard due to a mechanical malfunction. Denzel’s character was able to gain enough control resulting in the safety of many of the passengers on board. The crash scenario the film portrays acts as only the driving point and set up for the following events. We soon find out the pilot may not be as heroic as the public views him, as information surfaces proving that the pilot was intoxicated. This leads to a very realistic series of events that builds tension and raises questions. Denzel Washington’s performance in Flight was spectacular and the way he unveiled his emotions was perfect. The cast was packed with excellent talent from John Goodman, Don Cheadle, and Bruce Greenwood all of whom played entertaining roles. The soundtrack was different than most dramas, but worked really well with the way it was edited together. My only major gripe with the film is the time taken to introduce characters that in the end didn’t really matter. Flight did an exceptional job of dealing with some heavy content, intense moments and heartfelt scenes. In the end, Flight soared. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chris Hewitt (1)
    Jan 28, 2013
    A welcome return to live-action filmmaking for Zemeckis, who hasn't lost his knack for a brilliant shot or for extracting great performances. It may not exactly be a first-class experience throughout, but there's nothing wrong with premium economy.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Nov 7, 2012
    We get tired of watching Whip fail, and we're caught between dismayed pity and a longing to see him punished. Only a great actor could have pulled off this balancing act. [12 Nov. 2012, p.94]
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Nov 4, 2012
    It may not be frivolously engaging but it is compelling.