5.4

1. Jun 4, 2013
    For its first hour or so Flightplan makes for a suspenseful thriller with the always reliable Jodie Foster as good as ever in the lead role. It is let down slightly by its typical, and rather predictable, 'Hollywood' ending but makes a decent watch anyway.
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    The terrorist plan is so far-fetched and unbelievably ridiculous, it has to be a miracle that it worked. Not to mention, the first part of the movie is really boring.
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    In Flightplan we actually begin to believe we may be participating in a schizophrenic break from reality. Sadly, we are rapidly brought back into the reality of a predictable plot and "Hollywoodesque" ending. Although Jodie Foster does a really good job.
  4. Sep 3, 2012
    There are some questions to be answered in order to make this movie make complete sense, but I found it incredibly interesting to watch. Gripping and suspenseful. Even in doubt, you are on Foster's side. Finally a thriller mystery that doesn't end with the person being crazy!!!
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    "Flightplan" has a tense and intriguing start and slowly dissolves into a bunch of clich├ęs and loses its effective, suspenseful atmosphere. The acting is excellent, though, and both the directing and the screenplay are an accomplishment. It's just the ending that really bothered me.
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    Foster puts on a good show here, but Flightplan never really elevates beyond mediocre. Part of this is due to the fact that its plot is implausible to the extent where we don't trust anything in the movie anymore.

But coming on the heels of "Red Eye," which is nothing if not an efficient thrill machine, Flightplan can only look conspicuously flat by comparison.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    A thriller of passive virtues, the steely intensity of Jodie Foster notwithstanding. It's not too violent. It's not assaultive. Even James Horner's music plays it cool.
  3. Sean Bean makes a positive impression as the caring but puzzled captain of the flight, though Peter Sarsgaard flies at half-mast as a clumsy air marshal.