7.3

1. Oct 4, 2011
    "Flushed Away" isn't a great claymation movie. It kinda 'flushs' down the plot with revolving characters and settings. Nevertheless, the film still is a entertaining movie to watch (especially those 007 fans).
  2. BrianS.
    Feb 11, 2007
    I loved it! Following this May's dissapointment of Over The Hedge I thought this film was awesome.I love all the crude jokes , but mainly those screaming and singing slugs, auhhhhhhhhhhhhh,! When I first saw the trailers I thought it would stink, but I was wrong it rocked. The sewer rat was wareing a pair of upside down undearware how crazy is that? I love it and I hope you too.
  3. Nov 4, 2011
    Overall I Loved It! I Just Bought It On DVD Today... I Think More People Should Really Sit Down And Watch It... It's Genuis!
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    A movie about rats flushed down a toilet can only go so far without straying from the point. This movie does nothing for me, or film in general, and what is fresh and exciting in "Finding Nemo" and "Ratatouille" (which has rats, too!) is bland and recycled here.
  5. PabloR.
    Nov 3, 2006
    Trash!!!!!!! I mean come on.... the beginng is so long, that the actual adventure is about an hour... GARFEILD! This movie wasnt even funny, other movies have done the same things...but better! TRASH!
  6. MarkK.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Snoooooze. Borrrrinnnggg. Your kinds will like while you sleep away the minutes. SKIP THIS ONE PARENTS.
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    A hilarious movie, a must see for fans of comedies, seriously go out and watch this it's fantastic, you can and will not be disappointed at all, a must see.
  8. Jul 6, 2014
    You'll enjoy it while you watch it; it has enough wit and slapstick to keep it running on its own motor. After you exit the theatre, you'll think of how idiotic and crude it was. At least the British/Australian accents made things funnier, as they always do/
  9. MichelleC.
    Nov 1, 2006
    This was fairly entertaining and quite funny. Jackman and Winslet have awesome chemistry just with their voices. Not sure why frogs are chasing rodents???
  10. AndrewR.
    Nov 3, 2006
    One of the best animated movies I have ever seen. Right up there with the Incredibles. Truly hilarious. I just came from the movie and I want to see it again right now.
  11. PeteT.
    Nov 6, 2006
    The fast paced nature of this movie does not make it a classic or anything close but the ingenious script and the hilarious and orginal soundtrack covers and intellegent design make the movie worth appraise. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet are of course funny to see as clay figures but they are very cute and well cast. The underworld adventure and funny jokes make this cute movie lovable The fast paced nature of this movie does not make it a classic or anything close but the ingenious script and the hilarious and orginal soundtrack covers and intellegent design make the movie worth appraise. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet are of course funny to see as clay figures but they are very cute and well cast. The underworld adventure and funny jokes make this cute movie lovable and at times joyous. A great family film to see when your bored, but still short of classics like The Incredibles and Shrek. Expand
  12. AlisonL.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Cute and Funny. Not unforgettable or brillant just...cute and funny .
  13. CollinW.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Never too annoying so the adults can get some laughs too. It has some european joke references and some moments in which the characters open up and come alive. The movie as a whole is very enjoyable despite its fast paced flaws it is still very brillant in its diverse character arrangement and its strange and annoying jokes. I would recommend it for a family viewing but not for a birthday Never too annoying so the adults can get some laughs too. It has some european joke references and some moments in which the characters open up and come alive. The movie as a whole is very enjoyable despite its fast paced flaws it is still very brillant in its diverse character arrangement and its strange and annoying jokes. I would recommend it for a family viewing but not for a birthday party when the kids want to watch a classic. Stick with Shrek but make sure you rent this one along the way for a look. Expand
  14. CollinW.
  15. HannahB.
    Nov 6, 2006
    The Best Animated Movie of 2006. Should get the oscar in that catagory. My cousin and I could not stop laughing. Smart Story and really intresting as well as overall brilliant humor that relates to a diverse array of people and generations to come.
  16. DrakeD.
    Dec 1, 2006
    Wow. what a great movie!!! reccomend it to everyone. i usually HATE movies in this category, im more into gory-horror, but i LOVED this film. awesome. 10/10 great story, awesome comedy.
  17. MarkB.
    Dec 12, 2006
    Following the box office disappointment of this animated feature (you don't have to be Jimmy the Greek to correctly bet that viewers young and old would rather watch dancing penguins than rats flushed down toilets) it was announced that Aardman Animation would not be working with DreamWorks Pictures again. Here's one more example of a Hollywood breakup whose causes are so easy Following the box office disappointment of this animated feature (you don't have to be Jimmy the Greek to correctly bet that viewers young and old would rather watch dancing penguins than rats flushed down toilets) it was announced that Aardman Animation would not be working with DreamWorks Pictures again. Here's one more example of a Hollywood breakup whose causes are so easy to explain that almost any average, casual moviegoer and Entertainment Weekly reader can temporarily claim amateur divorce-lawyer status. Aardman's previous full-length features, Chicken Run and Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, succeeded beautifully with abundant charm, dry British wit, attention to character that was almost as painstaking as their shot-by-shot work with hand-crafted plasticine figures, and GENERALIZED observation and parody of specific movie genres (the P.O.W. escape movie, the horror film). DreamWorks, on the other hand, specializes in loud, often exhausting, frequently crass CGI jokefests that too often substitute for real humor or observation an endless fusillade of pop-culture references that serve no other purpose than to inform us that the writers watched the same TV and movies and listened to the same Top 40 radio that the rest of us did. (Their good stuff--the Shreks--still comes off as a bit forced and overbearing; Madagascar and Shark Tale are well-nigh unwatchable, and their lone gem, this year's earlier Over the Hedge, is either an example of its makers reining in their worst, most excessive impulses and genuinely learning from Pixar and Chuck Jones or the ultimate illustration of the spaghetti-on-the-wall theory.) When DreamWorks stays in the background and lets Aardman thematically and stylistically dominate, as happened with Chicken and Wallace, all is well and the Stars and Stripes and the Union Jack can fly side by side in peace and friendship; when DreamWorks takes over too much of the editorial content, which I strongly suspect happened here, you get this thing. Flushed Away, the story of a Roddy, a poor little rich rat who, when his owners go on holiday, inadvertently gets sucked into the sewers and discovers a whole community of one-liner-spouting creatures he never knew existed, works on the DreamWorks theory that no gag or background throwaway is too forced or unfunny to land on the cutting-room floor and adds a corollary of its own: when in doubt, slam the hero in his little tiny balls. (This movie is in doubt a LOT.) I wasn't surprised to learn, while watching the end credits, that Flushed Away's five (!!) writers included two sitcom pros, Frasier's Christopher Lloyd and Joe Keenan--in fact, that goes a long way toward explaining why one of the film's villains, the crude, lazy bully Sid, has a personality so similar to Daphne's worthless brother on that show. But then, even the stuff that works in Flushed Away is disappointingly derivative: the best gag, predicated on seeing something you think is something but is really something else, is a recycling of a convulsively funny sequence in Caddyshack, and even this movie's celebrated singing slugs call forth too many memories of the infinitely more charming singing mice in the original Babe. Speaking of which, even Aardman's trademark character design (give everybody big, bulging eyes and stereotypically British buck teeth) works against them here: if you're going to make an animated film about VERMIN, for crying out loud, you'd better make them cuter than Pixie and Dixie combined! The final, surprise bit involving Sid really DOES work, and it's hard to completely dislike any film whose suspenseful climax is built from the urban legend involving toilet use during the Super Bowl and other big sporting events, but overall, Flushed Away's failure was set long ago when Aardman made its Faustian decision to eschew its traditional, Harryhausen-like approach and hop on the CGI expresss. If they did it because, as some of their representatives have explained, water is too difficult to animate the old way, then let's hope Aardman's next project takes place in the Sahara Desert. As Flushed Away proves, their movies work when they're completely TOUCHED by human hands. Expand
  18. Marco
    Jan 4, 2007
    Brilliant masterpiece! One of the best animated picture of the last 5 years.
  19. ChristopherW.
    Feb 20, 2007
    I have not been remarkably impressed by any animated film since 'The Incredibles.' 'Cars' was good, but certainly the weakest entry from the highly regarded studio Pixar. I suppose it was too much to hope that Pixar would set a standard by which all other animation studios would seek to meet. This British/American hybrid has moments of wit and rib tickling humor, but I have not been remarkably impressed by any animated film since 'The Incredibles.' 'Cars' was good, but certainly the weakest entry from the highly regarded studio Pixar. I suppose it was too much to hope that Pixar would set a standard by which all other animation studios would seek to meet. This British/American hybrid has moments of wit and rib tickling humor, but as a whole, the plot just sort of meanders about aimlessly. Aspects of the story are quite original, but we have seen all of these characters before in other incarnations. The trend in animated films is moving ever so intentionally to an uncomfortable mishmash of potty humor and unintrusive unmemorable characterizations directed solely at young children. We get PG rated content that is neither completely appropriate for small children, and not at all satisfying or meaningful for adults. Is it any wonder that so many of these kind of films see tepid box office returns? 'Flushed Away' may be a slight step above most other recent films from this genre, but it could very well prove to be a disappointment nonetheless. Expand
  20. RodG.
    Feb 20, 2007
    It was okay. I enjoy watching my kids laugh and they did when they watched this movie.
  21. PatrickH.
    Feb 23, 2007
    Fun and Entertaining movie! Also well known actors and actress lend there voice for this fun movie.
  22. JeffC.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Pretty bland all in all, but the singing slugs are very funny. Another lameish kiddie viddie.
  23. ChadS.
    Mar 1, 2007
    "Flushed Away" gets it half-right. After making Billy Idol sound cool for the first time in two decades, the film does an adept job at showing how a feral rat(Andy Serkis as Spike) seems out of place in posh trappings. Because "Flushed Away" is aimed at kids, the film hides the truth about Roddy(Hugh Jackman); he's probably an awful snob. When our domestic rat is flushed into the "Flushed Away" gets it half-right. After making Billy Idol sound cool for the first time in two decades, the film does an adept job at showing how a feral rat(Andy Serkis as Spike) seems out of place in posh trappings. Because "Flushed Away" is aimed at kids, the film hides the truth about Roddy(Hugh Jackman); he's probably an awful snob. When our domestic rat is flushed into the sewer city(read: ghetto), Roddy encounters Rita(Kate Winslet) and never gets to interact with the wild rats. "Flushed Away" turns into a sort of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" adventure, and any examination of differing socio-economic classes are flushed away. The backstory for The Toad(Ian McKellen) has the sort of sophistication that's missing from the main narrative. The Toad is so obviously a basket case(and sympathetic, thanks to McKellen), you sort of wish his plan for a holocaust panned out. Expand
  24. StephenD.
    Mar 9, 2007
    This movie has more charm, imagination and funny jokes than recent animated adventures. Plus a little romance. It grows on you with repeated viewings, especially since there are lots of little details you notice for the first time.
  25. RubbaManisCool
    Mar 16, 2007
    Wasn't really funny. Used too many of the same jokes.
  26. Alex
    Apr 17, 2007
    Very, very funny. after about the third or fourth slug scene, i was loving Flushed Away. sure, there are the typical kiddie movie plot requirements, such as the cheesy (no pun intended) love story between the two main protagonists, but there is more than enough grown-up homor to keep adults, and even some jaded teens, entertained throughout. personally, i loved the French ninja frogs. theyVery, very funny. after about the third or fourth slug scene, i was loving Flushed Away. sure, there are the typical kiddie movie plot requirements, such as the cheesy (no pun intended) love story between the two main protagonists, but there is more than enough grown-up homor to keep adults, and even some jaded teens, entertained throughout. personally, i loved the French ninja frogs. they had the best scenes in the whole movie. overall, 8.0 out of 10. Expand
  27. SomeGuy
    Sep 2, 2007
    This was a very funny movie. Even though I'm not a child or anything, I found it enjoyable because of the dialogue (it was OK), and the animation, which was fantastic.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet have great chemistry together as Roddy and Rita, who make an unlikely friendship defending Rita's hometown in the sewers of England.
    As quoted by the many singing slugs, "Poor old Roddy, flushed down his own potty, Rita can't you find it in your heart to help him?"
  29. Nov 13, 2013
    Flushed Away suffocates nay say-ers.
    A very wacky, witty, and downright bizarre idea transformed into a very acceptable film. It's not pretty nor polite, but very watchable.
  30. Dec 18, 2013
    The story and characters are not the most deep or sophisticated as something like Chicken Run but this film is still a lot of fun. The characters are likeable and charming. The story is flowing and engaging with some nice humor. Additionally, there is tons of visual appeal and attention to detail. Aardman takes a simple and cliché story and makes a fun and enjoyable film that is definitelyThe story and characters are not the most deep or sophisticated as something like Chicken Run but this film is still a lot of fun. The characters are likeable and charming. The story is flowing and engaging with some nice humor. Additionally, there is tons of visual appeal and attention to detail. Aardman takes a simple and cliché story and makes a fun and enjoyable film that is definitely worth checking out. Aardman is studio miles ahead of Dreamworks, which makes it sad that this is their last film with Dreamworks as their films are rather enjoyable. While it’s a shame this film didn’t do well at the Boxoffice and ended Dreamworks’ partnership with Aardman it’s a good film to go out on. Flushed Away is a children’s film with a lot of heart and charm that will appeal to anyone especially animation fans and was more than deserving to get a nomination for best animated film as opposed to Happy Feet. Expand
  31. Mar 28, 2015
    It had a great cast and animation, but sadly after a while the dimness and the movie itself gets boring. It had a interesting idea, and it seemed to work for a while, and it was very funny and made me laugh, but it was weird near the end. I thought it was good, but could've been better.

1. Delicious slapstick, droll wit and terrific characters make Aardman's first venture in CG cartooning a great success.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Result is a kidpic long on invention but short on likability.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Though it lacks "Wallace and Gromit"'s charm, its mile-a-minute inventiveness is impressive.