6.0

1. DominickC.
    Sep 25, 2006
    I just want to say that I truly enjoyed myself at this movie. My wife and I came out with smiles on our faces and felt great! This movie had something that a lot of movies don't have much of anymore...and that is a good story. You care for these characters; care if they live or die. You feel afraid for them as they dogfight in those rickety planes. Elements like honor and country and I just want to say that I truly enjoyed myself at this movie. My wife and I came out with smiles on our faces and felt great! This movie had something that a lot of movies don't have much of anymore...and that is a good story. You care for these characters; care if they live or die. You feel afraid for them as they dogfight in those rickety planes. Elements like honor and country and compassion for others are seen throughout. A well-done treat! Don't miss it. Collapse
  2. guy!
    Jun 11, 2007
    This is almost better than Independence Day! must...buy...soooooooon.
  3. GrantC.
    Jul 29, 2008
    If you were a flight simulator ace, this is an excellent film. It truly picks out what it's like to go to war as a fighter pilot back in the early 1900's. Great Overall!
  4. TylerA.
    Feb 11, 2007
    This is a great action movie, the only reason I didn't give it a full ten is i think they could have made the part on the ground mare interesting than just prostitutes and kids.
  5. SteveC.
    Feb 17, 2007
    I thought it was a perfect WWI Flying movie...exactly what I was looking for and with excellent dogfight scenes and a much better than expected storyline as well.

1. Reviewed by: Bill Gallo
    Here is the War to End All Wars seen from on high--as it was way back when, in "Wings" or the Howard Hughes "Hell's Angels"--a world apart from the grim, futile slaughterhouses of Verdun and the Marne. Among these combatants, you won't find much "All Quiet on the Western Front"–style despair, and the paths of glory are unsullied by doubt or disillusionment.
  2. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirshling
    This is a lost opportunity on an epic scale. The actors are so styled and the dogfights so drippy with CG that, as a period piece, the movie almost looks like it's set in the future.
    A highly enjoyable programmer about those brave young men and their rickety flying machines.