6.6

1. Oct 26, 2011
    This film is amazing crazy. When everything goes out of control, goes not by plan. When almost everyone around is involved in what is happening somehow. Or might be it was planned by someone?
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    This is one of the strangest films I have ever seen and I really liked it. When Flypaper first started, it was absolutely ridiculous, to a point where I almost turned it off. If it wasn't for a huge cast I really like, I would have. The story starts off simple enough, a man is making a deposit at a bank and hitting on the pretty young teller, when armed men attempt a robbery, which is halted by another crew robbing the same bank at the same time. Suddenly, a customer is murdered by a mysterious third party and chaos ensues. From there the film is broken into three parts, including the hostages trying to figure out what's going on, the trained crew trying to break into the vault, and the redneck crew trying to get into the ATM's with massive amounts of plastic explosives. The story is crazy and hard to follow at first, but then it actually becomes pretty funny. Tripp (Patrick Dempsey) is convinced that something strange is going on and decides to investigate. Dempsey's OCD personality and crazy antics are funny, but the way the rest of the cast responds to him is what's really funny. As for the two crews they each have problems of their own, which also leads to some funny moments. The rest of the cast is full of stars, something you wouldn't expect in a film like this. Ashley Judd, Octavia Spencer, Jeffery Tambor, John Ventamiglia, and Mekhi Phiffer all have bit parts that in the end turn out to be important to the story, because as it turns out, Tripp is right, there is something really up going on. The weirdness and hilarity build to an Ocean's Elevenesq ending that was a pretty surprising twist. Right from the beginning, Flypaper seemed like an absolute bomb, but I stuck with it and it resulted in a ton of laughs, a somewhat interesting mystery, and an unexpected ending that will leave you speechless. Expand
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    An amazing movie! I really thought this would be the kind of film the critics would enjoy, funny, dramatic, and clever in every sense of the word. However it does not contain a sentimental relationship with a horse, so you might want to look out!
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a quirky film with a completely eccentric front man.
    However do not come into this movie expecting a succinct genre fit. It's too elaborate for a regular robbery movie, yet pulls thematically from Murder on the Orient Express.
    Watch this at least 3 times for the full effect.

1. Reviewed by: Una LaMarche
    Aug 24, 2011
    Every once in a while a movie comes along that is so bad it makes you feel terrible for everyone involved. Flypaper, a new indie that's little more than a haphazard assemblage of clich├ęs, clunky camera tricks and cringe-worthy dialogue, is just such a film.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Aug 20, 2011
    One thought that occurred to me while pacing myself through Flypaper: With the economy being what it is, will there be a rash of bank robbery movies?
  3. Reviewed by: Rachel Saltz
    Aug 19, 2011
    Full of indie mannerisms - compulsive swearing, jokey violence, quirk-laden characters - Flypaper can't quite manage to find a style or a comic groove of its own.