5.9

1. Oct 14, 2011
    When you think of Footloose, you canâ
  2. Oct 23, 2011
    The movie was very...so so with the dancing. In the beginning, there was way too much drinking, the language was bad a couple times, and the dancing was too sexy, and, as a breakdancer, their "sexy dancing" made me want the throw up. However, if they didn't drink, the language toned down to half, and the dancing was always like it was in the very last scene (which was absolutelyThe movie was very...so so with the dancing. In the beginning, there was way too much drinking, the language was bad a couple times, and the dancing was too sexy, and, as a breakdancer, their "sexy dancing" made me want the throw up. However, if they didn't drink, the language toned down to half, and the dancing was always like it was in the very last scene (which was absolutely amazing!!!), I would have given it a ten out of ten! Those three things were my only objections. The rest was great! I was glad to see a church in the movie. I don't believe the church and state should separate. Furthermore, like seen in this movie when trying to remove the ban on dancing publically, I believe that even though there is a "seperation", most good laws actually have christian/biblical morals. Dancing is a great way to show the world who you are, either a bad boy/girl (like the horrid dancers) or good and fun (like the breakdancers at the end). Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2011
    I was dragged to see this with my girlfriend. I did not know what I was getting into. I was impressed,(keep in mind I did not see the original movie) . The story line was unique and the dancing was mixed with old school and new school. Also the music was great. Good news is next the Girlfriend wants to watch one of her movies, there is one I like.
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    With a nice script and the mixer of dancing with a bit fight-racing Footloose comes with a total entertainment. Amazing set on a Cowboy tone and a charming cast Footloose is never boring. Kenny Wormald did good but I thought he would do better. Julianne with her pretty face, charming smile and those amazing hip movement kept me going. She was amazing and she should have more dance screenWith a nice script and the mixer of dancing with a bit fight-racing Footloose comes with a total entertainment. Amazing set on a Cowboy tone and a charming cast Footloose is never boring. Kenny Wormald did good but I thought he would do better. Julianne with her pretty face, charming smile and those amazing hip movement kept me going. She was amazing and she should have more dance screen time. Most of all the movie is not some lame dance movie. It had those action scenes with a bit drama.
    Direction was good but More Dance scenes would be better.
    One of the most amazing thing about the movie was the Soundtracks . It was really awesome and every track was surprisingly perfect.
    Didn't saw the original one but it was worth a shot to made a re-make and they did it perfectly.
  5. Oct 21, 2011
    I joined metacritic to write this review. I loved this movie, and I don't typically like chick flicks. If you were expecting a classic, then you didn't see the original, and a remake is never going to be a classic if the original wasn't in the first place. This was a great tribute to the original footloose - it was fun, exciting and had great dancing and great music! Julianne was hot, RenI joined metacritic to write this review. I loved this movie, and I don't typically like chick flicks. If you were expecting a classic, then you didn't see the original, and a remake is never going to be a classic if the original wasn't in the first place. This was a great tribute to the original footloose - it was fun, exciting and had great dancing and great music! Julianne was hot, Ren was even hotter, everyone loved Willard so I won't compliment him again, and Ren's uncle and aunt were my favorite. If you didn't like it then I'm guessing you identified a little too much with Chuck...either that or you don't know how to dance your *** off!! See it. Expand
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    An interesting case in Footloose, I believe in other trama, but I found other, and is an incredible trama, I don't watch the original, and this new version is excellent, the dance scenes are fantastic, the music are fabulous, the performance of Kenny, Julianne and Dennis are fantastic. This Footloose is a new classic. I love it.
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    this movie was very gory it was like war between jack and joey the 3rd the gunbattles were gorylicious i cant wait till i see it again so i can have more fun listening to shakespere in the backround!
  8. Nov 12, 2012
    A very worthy remake of a classic. Wormald, taking on an important and risky role, nails it. And Dennis Quaid, though I am not a fan, delivers the human aspect of the Reverend far better than Lithgow did.
  9. Feb 4, 2015
    I was surprised with this remake. The only median performance was Julianne. All others are well and Kenny is great. And the script was well adapted to the present day.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Oct 14, 2011
    This same premise holds for the remake, and it seems more pandering (and dated) than ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Oct 14, 2011
    Plotwise, though, Brewer's Footloose is anything but loose. In fact, it's rigidly loyal to the original, to the point of slavishness.
  3. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Oct 14, 2011
    Footloose won me over early, with a sequence in which the hero gets all heavy metal while restoring his badass ... VW Bug.