5.8

1. Oct 21, 2011
    I joined metacritic to write this review. I loved this movie, and I don't typically like chick flicks. If you were expecting a classic, then you didn't see the original, and a remake is never going to be a classic if the original wasn't in the first place. This was a great tribute to the original footloose - it was fun, exciting and had great dancing and great music! Julianne was hot, RenI joined metacritic to write this review. I loved this movie, and I don't typically like chick flicks. If you were expecting a classic, then you didn't see the original, and a remake is never going to be a classic if the original wasn't in the first place. This was a great tribute to the original footloose - it was fun, exciting and had great dancing and great music! Julianne was hot, Ren was even hotter, everyone loved Willard so I won't compliment him again, and Ren's uncle and aunt were my favorite. If you didn't like it then I'm guessing you identified a little too much with Chuck...either that or you don't know how to dance your *** off!! See it. Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    An interesting case in Footloose, I believe in other trama, but I found other, and is an incredible trama, I don't watch the original, and this new version is excellent, the dance scenes are fantastic, the music are fabulous, the performance of Kenny, Julianne and Dennis are fantastic. This Footloose is a new classic. I love it.
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    this movie was very gory it was like war between jack and joey the 3rd the gunbattles were gorylicious i cant wait till i see it again so i can have more fun listening to shakespere in the backround!
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    A very worthy remake of a classic. Wormald, taking on an important and risky role, nails it. And Dennis Quaid, though I am not a fan, delivers the human aspect of the Reverend far better than Lithgow did.
  5. Feb 4, 2015
    I was surprised with this remake. The only median performance was Julianne. All others are well and Kenny is great. And the script was well adapted to the present day.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Oct 14, 2011
    This same premise holds for the remake, and it seems more pandering (and dated) than ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Oct 14, 2011
    Plotwise, though, Brewer's Footloose is anything but loose. In fact, it's rigidly loyal to the original, to the point of slavishness.
  3. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Oct 14, 2011
    Footloose won me over early, with a sequence in which the hero gets all heavy metal while restoring his badass ... VW Bug.