5.8

1. Oct 21, 2011
    I joined metacritic to write this review. I loved this movie, and I don't typically like chick flicks. If you were expecting a classic, then you didn't see the original, and a remake is never going to be a classic if the original wasn't in the first place. This was a great tribute to the original footloose - it was fun, exciting and had great dancing and great music! Julianne was hot, Ren was even hotter, everyone loved Willard so I won't compliment him again, and Ren's uncle and aunt were my favorite. If you didn't like it then I'm guessing you identified a little too much with Chuck...either that or you don't know how to dance your *** off!! See it. Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    An interesting case in Footloose, I believe in other trama, but I found other, and is an incredible trama, I don't watch the original, and this new version is excellent, the dance scenes are fantastic, the music are fabulous, the performance of Kenny, Julianne and Dennis are fantastic. This Footloose is a new classic. I love it.
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    this movie was very gory it was like war between jack and joey the 3rd the gunbattles were gorylicious i cant wait till i see it again so i can have more fun listening to shakespere in the backround!
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    A very worthy remake of a classic. Wormald, taking on an important and risky role, nails it. And Dennis Quaid, though I am not a fan, delivers the human aspect of the Reverend far better than Lithgow did.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Oct 14, 2011
    This same premise holds for the remake, and it seems more pandering (and dated) than ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Oct 14, 2011
    Plotwise, though, Brewer's Footloose is anything but loose. In fact, it's rigidly loyal to the original, to the point of slavishness.
  3. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Oct 14, 2011
    Footloose won me over early, with a sequence in which the hero gets all heavy metal while restoring his badass ... VW Bug.