7.5

1. Dec 31, 2011
    Jason Segal and Mila Kunis have just enough chemistry to almost pull off this sporadically funny, raunchy comedy. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funny, but not on the verge of entertaining. I give this movie 58%.
  2. RalphhM.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Didn't really think the lead guy was funny.
  3. DanaM.
    Apr 21, 2008
    Borderline rental versus see-it-in-the-theatre movie. If you like numerous one-second flashes of Segals private part, and the incessant barrage of sex themes, then you might enjoy this movie. Otherwise, rent it.
  4. Walter
    Apr 22, 2008
    Very surprised at the score up there. This was very subpar as a comedy. I walked out on it, not because it was that dreadful, but rather because my expectations were set so high and I was gravely disappointed. This story is about as predictable as one can imagine. Beyond that, the Judd Apatow gang makes scoring incredibly beautiful women seem like anything a pasty, pale chubster can do Very surprised at the score up there. This was very subpar as a comedy. I walked out on it, not because it was that dreadful, but rather because my expectations were set so high and I was gravely disappointed. This story is about as predictable as one can imagine. Beyond that, the Judd Apatow gang makes scoring incredibly beautiful women seem like anything a pasty, pale chubster can do with ease. So why is this character so tortured to lose his hot girlfriend? He is shown in bed with a series of stunning women right after his breakup. I also found the repetition of cut shots of the main character weeping...on the balcony, on the floor, on his couch, as he slaughters a pig, etc. as being way too overused as a fallback joke when there was too much dead story-telling. Not only does our protagonist end up with an equally stunning new mate, he does so with ease and without missing a beat....so what is the title about again? Expand
  5. ShawnM
    Apr 22, 2008
    Kind of boring. Not funny enough for the theater. Rent it. Only gave 4 because his new girl is SO SEXY.
  6. Kevin
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ehh.... nothing special. Had a feeling it wasn't going to live up to Apatow's previous offerings. Definite rental material here. On the way out of the theater it will not be difficult to forget you saw "Sarah Marshall".
  7. GeorgeF
    Jun 15, 2008
    The movie was moderately entertaining but not worthy of the rave reviews. It is basically a romantic comedy for women with offensive material thrown in for the guys. It should be a big boost for Mila Kunis, but will damage Kristen Bell. The director must hate her.
  8. PaulB
    Oct 12, 2008
    If you're tempted to rent this move ... forget it. Not one character in the lot your can like. The main character is a whining slob.
  9. RickO.
    Apr 18, 2008
    It's ok...Nothing to laugh about really. For a comedy, it really lacks the yucks and laughs necessary to be a successful comedy. Not as good as Superbad, and better than knocked up. It's a definite rental.
  10. AMovieCritic
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm a huge Judd Apatow fan, I really liked Knocked up and Superbad, I think they've got a distinct style of humor and really just tell great and funny stories with excellent characters. Sarah Marshall's got a lot of that same humor in it but it's surrounded in a romantic comedy that just feels kinda...meh. Scenes seem to abruptly cut into the next ones, jokes happen I'm a huge Judd Apatow fan, I really liked Knocked up and Superbad, I think they've got a distinct style of humor and really just tell great and funny stories with excellent characters. Sarah Marshall's got a lot of that same humor in it but it's surrounded in a romantic comedy that just feels kinda...meh. Scenes seem to abruptly cut into the next ones, jokes happen with no real payoff, (the coral joke,) side characters (especially Jonah Hill as a stalker/waiter,) are entertaining but really serve no purpose.... It's a good movie, helped a lot by Mila Kunis (Meg from Family Guy,) who'se one of the hottest actresses I've ever seen (she proves she can really act, too) but it's a little slow-paced and the main character's depression starts to wear thin. It's a fun and funny movie and a good date movie but the script needed a bit of work and the movie felt like it was over-edited. A lot of the lines from the commercials, too, weren't in the movie. I hate it when that happens. Expand
  11. JenniferF
    Apr 23, 2008
    There is a great review of Forgetting Sarah Marshall by two old school Hollywood veterans in their 80's --they have different viewpoints but are smart funny and give a fresh perspective-check it out go to YouTube and type in Reel Geezers you'll find this and other reviews there
  12. AndrewH
    Apr 28, 2008
    To people who say things like "This seems like a very good movie" without actually seeing it. This is a REVIEW not a speculation. DON'T DO THAT. It is a good movie. Kinda. If you can get thru all the "man parts"

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Solid rom com finds another Judd Apatow acolyte moving into the spotlight.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Segel makes an engaging impression throughout Forgetting Sarah Marshall, gamely making himself the butt of many jokes that involve Peter's non-macho proclivities.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    If Forgetting Sarah Marshall doesn't reach the inspired heights of "Knocked Up" or "Superbad," it runs a very respectable second.