9.0

1. Jun 30, 2014
    One of best movie in Hollywood ever filmed.A brilliant narrated by a man with simple pleasures.Tom Hanks is great and unbelievable actor.Robert Zemeckis deserved an Oscar award for the best director
  2. Apr 26, 2014
    This is a good film that is unbelievably overrated. Gets a 7 for Tom Hanks' performance and the one admittedly hilarious scene where Bubba and Forrest are asked whether they are twins. The rest of the film is cartoonish, pretentious and overly-sentimental bull****. How this beat the Shawshank Redemption, or even worse Pulp Fiction, arguably the best movies of the 90s is beyond me.
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    "Pulp Fiction" is better. "The Shawshank Redemption" is better. But nonetheless, I love "Forrest Gump". I fully understand why some may not like it, but I love it. I love its acting, I love the way in which it is rendered, I love its scope. I love its seamless combination of comedy, drama, romance and, to a degree, fantasy, to produce such a story so dazzlingly endearing you almost don't want the film to end. Tom Hanks is a marvel to behold, playing our protagonist across multiple decades of monumental importance to American history with an endearing simplicity and charm. And I think Gary Sinise delivers some of the best supporting work in any film I've ever seen. Sentimental to a fault it may be, but "Forrest Gump" encapsulates the ideal of the American dream unlike any other film I've ever watched. It is the feel-good film of the decade, of any decade. Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2014
    The very definition of epic. This is the greatest movie of all time in my opinion. It has everything, comedy, romance, tragedy, and spans the globe in this epic fiction tale that ties in with real world events. The music has to be the best in any movie ever. It's moral is great too, it's about a man who wasn't given anything and had to fight for everything. He came from almost nothing and became the most influential and morally upright person ever born. He is everything I wish I could be, the greatest man to ever walk to the Earth. The Dos Equis guy doesn't have anything on Forrest Gump. Forrest is the most interesting man in the world, just ask the people at that bus stop. I've seen the movie at least a dozen times and I still cry when his Momma dies, when Bubba dies, and when Jenny dies and he's at her grave talking about their son. I don't understand why this movie is so low on the rating scale. It's much better than pulp fiction and better than Shawshank Redemption. I read a review where some guy said those movies are way better and I almost laughed. Expand
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    A movie having all the essence for entertainment whether it is romance, comedy, war, adventure or drama. The film is absolutely magical and fun to watch.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    .Great, entertaining and wonderful, with great music and a very interesting story. Deserves 9, so I think, for what duration was grounded, because in my opinion not have lasted long, as he ran the risk of being boring. But otherwise perfect, my final word.
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    Tom Hanks really killed it as Forrest Gump. This excellent movie touches on everything you expect: love, emotion, humor, and even action. Honestly, if you haven't seen this film, you're doing yourself a disservice.
  8. Mar 7, 2014
    “Forrest Gump” (1994) is an American classic that takes us on a journey through a very unique man’s life who is involved in very important events throughout our history. Every aspect of this movie shows different points on very controversial moments. Everything from how Forrest got his name to interracial integration in schools and even touches base on the disease we now know as HIV or AIDS. Forrest, whose adult actor was played by the award winning actor Tom Hanks, grows up as a special needs child who is befriended by a young girl named Jenny. Jenny was Forrest’s only friend all through high school and they were always side by side until college when Jenny went on to lead a not so glamorous in life of drugs and all that goes along with it, while Forrest took the direction of the military. After the war, Forrest followed a very versatile life of being a Medal of Honor holder, a national ping pong ball champion, a billionaire, a shrimp boat caption, an infamous jogger, and eventually a widowed father to his long lost son from none other than his long time friend and love, Jenny.
    The movie Forrest Gump can be a tear jerker for many and ultimately hold very valuable points to apply to your life regardless of your situation. The most commonly known quote from the movie is, “My momma always said, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” While many may mock this statement, I do hope they see its truth. Always be ready for whatever is thrown at you, and roll with the punches. You definitely cannot plan every detail in life, but as Forrest displays over and over again to just embrace it. Regardless of his endeavors he was always successful because he gave it his all. He did not make excuses and took pride in his actions.
    In my eyes this will always be a “go-to” movie to watch as you can always discover new meaning on scenes that you may have not notice before and really reflect on what America has gone through to get where we are at today. This movie speaks to you a lot about destiny, mainly from the character of Forrest’s mom, Mrs. Gump played by Sally Fields. But, it ultimately reinforced by the reality of each and every character in this movie. Destiny brought all of these characters together and through each event making them into the people they were meant to be.
    I would recommend this film to everyone. It will always be my favorite movie and just by watching it, it also allows me to step back and re-evaluate my life and where it is going. It reminds me to be more humble and always appreciate everything I have today, not only possessions, but the people in my life and experiences I have endured.
  9. Mar 4, 2014
    An incredibly touching film with a great cast, excellent choice of music and a thoroughly pleasing storyline. Some of the dialogue in this film is now commonly quoted in everyday life which is a great achievement. It was a teeny bit long though, otherwise this film would have probably scored more, maybe even a 100.
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    I have finally seen this in its entirety (I had seen parts of it, but most of it was new). There isn't much to be said about this one since it's such an iconic film that most people have in fact seen it already, but it certainly lives up to the enormous hype it has and more.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    I was almost crying when i saw the end of the movie. Warm, beautiful, heart-touching, Forrest Gump is what I will recommend that you watch, for this movie is worth 2 hours spending on
  12. Dec 5, 2013
    What a great movie that summarize Life, that film give you hope and it's a feel good film. If forrest gump, this not intelligent guy, make things in his life that a genius can't make it, so why we lose hope for what we are or underrate ourselves.This masterpiece gives you the best meaning of life between all movies ever, a great acting,directing,screenplay and much more. I think Tom Hanks in this film gives the best performance not only in 1994, but in all-time in my opinion. 10/10 Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2013
    Forrest Gump runs to gold.
    Forest Gump is a tear jerking story with incredible acting and good directing. An instant classic with a beautiful message.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    The worst film ever made. How could it be consider better then "The Shawshank Redemption" No sense at all. How could it be better then Pulp Fiction No, not at all. I prefer "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" then "Forest Dumb"!
  15. Oct 31, 2013
    Forest Gump maybe long and for some promote ignorance but that does not stop it from being a straight up wonderful film. Forest Gump has a likeable character, a story that while a tad unrealistic is inspiration, and so many feels! If you haven’t seen this movie yet than check it out because there is some great stuff here. I just love it through and through. Forest Gump is a wonderful film that pulls at your heartstrings with its likeable character and emotional story making it a film that everyone should see. Expand
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    A beautiful movie, overall. Tom Hanks plays the character so well, that the seemingly impossible events in this movie transform into somewhat realistic coincidences. He really was "at the right place, at the right time", or the "wrong place at the wrong time."

The cast is great, and director Robert Zemekis' careful attention to detail is to be noted. Everything from his white suit to
    his shoes is right and simply true about Forrest Gump, and the movie is just that: right and simply true. Expand
  17. Aug 23, 2013
    Funny, heartwarming, and with editing so amazing you can't believe your eyes. And Tom Hanks departs from previous roles to play the loving but idiotic title character. You always learn to love him.
  18. Jun 28, 2013
    This movie is just all around awesome. Tom Hanks kills the role, portraying an interesting character with a colorful and detailed back story. Every flash back is detailed, well fleshed out, and occasionally inspirational. You really can't go wrong with this movie.
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    My best movie of all time! i like it when the movie tells a story of someone life adventures.. and yes Forrest tell me a great story about his life that full of chocolate.. A very good acting of Tom and Great story, all just perfect for me..
  20. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is really meaningful! It has all the american history of 20th century in it! For me it was more comedy. But trust me, "Forrest Gump" could be a lot better! Why that girl broke up with him 4 times? Why during his speech about the war in Vietnam, some guy plugged out the cables? I thought he realized something and was going to say a great speech, when he turned around after he ran million miles! And my biggest question is why this movie has won 6 oscars? I think it's a good movie, but i really believe it's overrated and if you're wondering to watch it or not, let me warn you. This movie is philosophical! "Forrest Gump" is really smart movie, but my personal score is 5/10, because i wasn't impressed from what i saw. Expand
  21. May 24, 2013
    Forrest Gump is without doubt my favourite movie of all time. I am rarely one to watch a film more than once but I must have now seen Forrest Gump at least 5 or 6 times over the years. Tom Hanks is at his brilliant best as the title character and it is a credit to the rest of the cast that they are not completely overshadowed by his performance.

At times this movie is able to make you
    laugh one minute and almost cry the next ("I miss you Jenny").

A must see.
  22. Apr 30, 2013
    My favorite movie ever! Its simple, beautiful, happy, sad... Every thing together.
    The story show how life cam be complex and simple at same time, i like it. I have fun with this movie.
  23. Apr 13, 2013
    Forrest Gump is a truly remarkable film with a magnificent performance by Tom Hanks. The story is simple and when watching the film you will be taken on a journey into the life of a fascinating character. The film has a bit of everything humour, sadness, uplifting moments, great acting and a whole host of characters that you will not only care for, but also take an interest in aswell. Whilst we are all aware that Forrest Gump is not an intelligent man, by the end of the film you will realise what a remarkable person he is and will have an insight into the astonishing life that he led. Expand
  24. Mar 31, 2013
    is a beautiful film where a man with IQ below 75,
    politician, soldier, father, millionaire Lawnmower shows you that no matter your personality tells the president to be urinating, survives the Vietnam war and fellow looks like he hates going bye, millionaire and does not care, mowing works in a school and great father of his love of life and intelligent child. teaches us that if you have
    a default no matter just have to move on and succeed in life as well. Expand
  25. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is a great service for movie buffs on the web called Flickchart. It's premise is simple. It presents you with two movies, and you click which of the two you prefer. The movies can be similar or wildly disparate, and there are no stated criteria to select--you simply pick whichever you feel is the better of the two, wherever and however that may be. Since their are no stated criteria, the choice is instinctual and emotional rather than calculated and intellectual. Forrest Gump is number one on my chart. Citizen Kane is number ten. Doubtless, should I ever be asked to contribute to the Sight and Sound poll, I will have a hard time explaining my choices, but that's okay. I love this movie. But just in case, here's my head start: 1. As an exploration of the theme of unconditional love, there is none better. "You have to stop rescuing me!", implores Jenny, to which Forrest responds, "I can't, Jenny. I love you." Sick, well, degraded, alone, with cads, with child--Forrest loves Jenny. Period. He knows what love is.

2. It's very, very funny and uses humor to address issues such as segregation and the Vietnam conflict that not only are inherently not funny but that have left deep scars on the American psyche.

3. The special effects are fantastic. Has any movie before or since so effectively integrated news clips the way this one did to give the film its heightened sense of authenticity? Not to mention the alterations to Gary Sinise, which in my book are way more impressive than, say, what was done in Avatar.

4. Maybe this one's a stretch, but it seems to me not incredulous to say the themes of chance and destiny are reminiscent of classical Greek theater and that the soundtrack is not entirely dissimilar in function to that of a Greek chorus.

5. And finally, "Stupid is as stupid does" works perfectly as a summation of existential philosophy. After all, who is Forrest? Is he an idiot? Or is he a world class athlete, war hero, shrimp boat captain, and millionaire? Well, it depends on how we define him. But if we define him through his actions, which is, after all, how he defines himself, it's clear he is the latter. Throughout the movie, other characters underestimate Forrest, thereby defining him. The principle thinks he will not make it through public school, yet he makes it through college. Lt Dan worries he will do something stupid and get himself killed, yet he saves not only Lt Dan but several others as well and becomes a medal of honor recipient. Jenny thinks he doesn't know what love is, and yet he becomes the great love of her life.

Okay, I'm waiting for my call from Sight and Sound now.
  26. Mar 24, 2013
    This charming and wondrous film is hilarious and at the same time, touching. Exceptional cast.
  27. Feb 24, 2013
    A beautiful movie. Loved every single character in the movie and it gets real emotional as you progress through the movie. I could re-watch it infinite times and still shred a few tears and enjoy it.
  28. Feb 11, 2013
    "My Momma always said that life was like a box of chocolates. You ever know what you are going to get." Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks)

Forrest Gump is an absolutely amazing film that was nominated for and won many academy awards. Tom Hanks won the Golden Glove for best actor, and Robert Zemeckis won the olden Globe for best director. Gary Sanise won a few awards for best supporting actor,
    and was nominated in the same category for a few other awards. It won so many prestigious awards besides Golden Globes too. It truly is one of the greatest and my highly praised films of all time, and it deserves all of it. The film is creative as it gets, and an absolute masterpiece. Part of it's brilliance is how historically accurate it is. Forrest Gump is a perfect mixture of an epic drama, romance, and a drama-comedy. Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) is a slow-witted man that happens to witness and influence important parts of American history in the 2nd half of the 20th century. Forrest has influenced parts of American history such as teaching Elvis the "Elvis Pelvis" dance. His legs were in braces when he was a boy, and he couldn't move them. Elvis was playing a song for him, and he started dancing, but he could only move his pelvis because of the braces. Elvis liked the dance and started to use it. That is the first example of something he influenced in the story.

The most important part of the story was when he became a war hero. There were a few people that became part of his life that he would influence history with. His friend Bubba who died in the war, who was his best friend he named his shrimp company after. He started the shrimp company "Bubba Gump" with Lieutenant Dan (Gary Sinise).

Dan had a family member from every generation fight and die in a war, so he feels like that is his destiny. When Forrest saves him he feels like he was cheated out of his destiny. He wanted to die and be honored, but now he doesn't have any legs. He starts to live off of the government, and has lost all faith in God. There is a scene where he is telling Forrest that you cheated me out of my destiny. He was being irrational because it is impossible to be cheated out of a destiny, if God has an exact one planed for you. What Forrest should have said to him is that you are wrong you were destined to survive that war, and in the future you will learn why when all of your pain has passed. I for one don't believe everything is planned. I believe only some things happen for a reason. Certain things I think don't happen for a reason. There is a mix of both, and if everything was planned you wouldn't actually be in control of your life. That is one lesson that Forrest learned at the end.

The film is also a beautiful romance. Forrest has been in love with his childhood friend Jenny (Robin Wright) ever since he first saw her when he was little. Now that they are adults he wants to be with her, but she is really disturbed. She has become part of the hippy crowd, and she takes a lot of hallucinogens. She gets into many abusive relationships partly because of the damage done from the abusive relationship she had with her father. Her father ruined her life, and everything was sour because of him. She won't be with Forrest because she hates herself, and she loved Forrest too much to hurt him. He doesn't have the intelligence to see that she isn't perfect, or to even see that she is completely flawed. That is the really emotional part of the film, and the romantic part. I like romance in movies as long as it isn't really cheesy stuff, and it is actually deep and emotional. That type of stuff I think is really well acted, and hard to do.

The film is a hard one to make and to be in, and it is total genius. One of the most creative masterpieces of all time. A classic that will never die.
  29. Feb 9, 2013
    It has everything you could ever want in a movie. Friendship, adventure, silliness, romance. Forrest Gump is a fantastic American landmark we should look back on.
  30. Dec 26, 2012
    A hilarious and touching comedy and one of the greatest films of all time. Forrest Gump is the kind of movie that you simply can not miss. It's a must watch.
  31. Nov 28, 2012
    Bewitchingly acted, well-written, and hauntingly affecting, "Forrest Gump" is a perfectly graceful and earnest story with some truly compelling thematic elements all throughout.
  32. Nov 9, 2012
    One of the most heartfelt, warm spirited, and touching American movies ever made.
  33. Sep 29, 2012
    In my opinion, Forrest Gump is the greatest film in American history. It makes clear references to historical events, but seen through the eyes of a mentally-handicap man. I am a history buff, so I loved it. Forrest is such a likeable character and it makes it hard not to like him.
  34. Sep 7, 2012
    "Forrest Gump" is just an epic movie that touches people throughout all ages and generations. The simplicity of this film is the main reason to love it. Everyone can lern something from this movie.
  35. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this movie.
    No No, this is not movie; this is life and love... and stupid :D
    this movie brougth my tears :(
    I love you Forrest, Forrest Gump!
    a beautiful beginning, and end the tragic and very beautiful.
    the best movie for all times...
    if you did not see it, See it!

"Mama says: Stupid is as stupid does."
  36. Jul 22, 2012
    One of the best movies I've ever seen! Tom Hanks Performance is incredible. It made me look at some stuff in a whole new perspective. Forrest Gump is autistic and the way he sees life and understands it is so optimistic and different from what we see it like when he's sent with the army to Vietnam and the shooting and bombings begin he goes back to rescue everyone and he is like "Bubba is my best friend I had to make sure he was ok" most people wouldn't even have a thought like that and that what makes him so amazing. The movie is charming and fantastic, the actors are great, the scrip is fantastic... The movie created a great balance between the whole emotions: one scene I can find myself laughing so hard and the next crying or feeling sad. I highly recommend this movie to everyone! it's a movie you must watch. Expand
  37. Jun 17, 2012
    This is my all-time favourite film. It shows how a man can make the best of his life no matter what struggles he goes through. It shows how all you need is one good friend. It is filled with heart-warming moments. The ending of the film really brings the story full-circle and doesn't leave you wondering "what if".
  38. Apr 9, 2012
    This is a masterpiece! It makes you laugh and cry, but especially makes you think about how the dumbest people can make the difference. Tom Hanks proves that he's one of the greatest actors of all time as Forrest Gump proves he's the greatest hero in USA history.
  39. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. It's also really good. Well acted most of the time. Also an unbelievable story, but some things in the story will sound just plain stupid. Still score and acting is great. Don't get me wrong this is a great film, but I just think shawshank redemption was better. Overall, great film. Highly recommend.
  40. Mar 12, 2012
    I hate this movie with all my life.
  41. Mar 6, 2012
    This film has everything, love, conflict, drama, humor, unforgettable characters, an amazing script, revolutionary effects, funny moments, touching moments, values, teachings, Robert Zemeckis spectacular address the outstanding performance of Tom Hanks, was a overwhelming box office success, won the Oscar for Best Picture, is in Congress, is loved by millions of people around the world, what more could you want. Expand
  42. Feb 5, 2012
    You can reach everything if you only want to!
    Emotional and funny at the same time. A Masterpiece in movie history that no one should miss to watch. 10/10 Points!
  43. Dec 27, 2011
    People often mistake nostalgia for sentimentality, as is the case with Forrest Gump, which exudes nostalgia. It is also easy for the cynic to scoff at the manipulative innocence of such a character as Forrest Gump. However, its effectiveness is undeniable. Forrest overturns every cornerstone in modern American history and allows us to rediscover what a wonder it was to live in 20th century America. All the while, Forrest takes no sides, judges no one, and holds no grudges. Of course, this does not make him a saint, because he appears to not have the mental capacity for such actions. Consequentially, he only has the capacity to see things in terms of those he loves rather than those he hates. Ideologically, he is a simpleton, but can anyone argue with the tangible results? Half of the comedic irony lies in the fact the he survives and lives to tell his story, with no regrets, despite being "slow". The films power lies in notions of right and wrong. In that regard, Forrest is a reflection of those he loves, namely Jenny and his Momma, and they are the ones who influence him. Because those who influence him are benevolent, he turns out to be what we all wish we could be; a lover rather than a hater, candidly honest rather than a liar, all the time. It's tough to imagine a world where everyone always chooses the alternative to malevolent hatred and deception. Whether out of pure righteousness, or because his "Momma" told him, Forrest gives us a glimpse of at least a microcosm of that world through his actions, and it is an experience I will never forget. Expand
  44. Dec 25, 2011
    Wouldn't it have been better if Forrest had been shot to death in Vietnam? Too many good things happen to this righteous character. For those of us cynical and in need of any intensity, it's too hard on the brain to see this nitwit who you know nothing bad is going to happen to him, just the way more interesting characters around him.
  45. Dec 15, 2011
    Its a great film, While there maybe a few parts that annoy you or make you lose interest, Its still worth the watch. Tom Hanks is amazing in this film.
  46. Nov 20, 2011
    This film is amazing. Tom Hanks was great in it and played the role perfectly. I think it also did a funny re-telling of some historical events. You cant help but love this film.
  47. Oct 3, 2011
    You will cry tears of sadness. Tears of depression. Tears of hope. Tears of joy. Tears of optimism.. you will cry every possible way your tear ducts can cause, can make, and will do... God bless you Gump.. you lovable idiot..
  48. Sep 5, 2011
    It is very easy to understand that I haven't read the novel in which this film was based on, but that doesn't take away anything about how much I liked this film.

I liked the whole story about Forrest Gump's life as it revolves around him and his personalities which makes it one of the best ones yet.

I'm telling you, this film is not only one of the finest movies ever made, but one of
    the greatest masterpieces of all time with great comedy, a very nice concept, amazing emotional sad moments, good development, and Tom Hanks' wonderful performance. Thumbs up from me.

49. Aug 28, 2011
    Tom Hanks Delivered the best performance of his career by portrying Forrest Gump. The idea of the movie was just amazing. "Run Forrest Run", this film was so inspirational, when I watched i couldn't believe it, I mean Forrest never stopped, we always had to do something, and he chased for things, he wasn't waiting for them to fall off the sky, so for me that was special. The Relationship of Forrest & Jenny, and they encounters after years and stuff like that gave a original flavour to the whole movie. The Directing was awesome, this was truly the best film that Robert Zemeckis ever made. Expand
  50. Aug 27, 2011
    If you've seen THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON (a life story made 14 years after this movie), think of that, then add some humor. I still don't see why this would win Best Picture, though...
  51. Aug 25, 2011
    A thought crossed my mind many years after viewing this picture: Forrest Gump cannot succeed as a sentimental message picture, because it's message is irresponsible. It is a message of ignorance through bliss, the idea that life would be inherently easier without our pesky brains and ideas. Hanks plays his role as best he could, but the film mistakes a remarkably sad existence for a happy one.
  52. Aug 4, 2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The perfect film, Tom Hanks at his finest.
  53. Aug 2, 2011
    For me this movie is just Tom Hanks. The story is there and it is fine, but everything depended on the 1st role actor. I hear often that is is easy for an actor to play an imbecil but I sure doubt that anyone could play it as well as Hanks. At first I did not find the character believable. It seemed to have Hanks in the wrong flick. After like 15minutes of dubbing I found myself totally submerged in the story. A young, stupid boy who somehow managed to live his life with honor and without hurting anyone else. Everything thanks to his mother who loved him so much. This movie sneaks up on us like we never seen it and a simple little chain of events becomes a huge story of a man and life and what it is all about. Serious, funny and dramatic at the same time. Expand
  54. Jun 26, 2011
    One of the best movies of all time. A must-see. Tom Hanks is simply fantastic. Everyone must see this film once in their lives, it's a real masterpiece.
  55. May 29, 2011
    Beautiful, charming, a ironic and fantastic story told with big passion, a script which verge the surreal, but does the retract of a charismatic character, a anti-hero with charisma of a hero, a story which bring us to get enamored by the meter of the story. And the soundtrack? Damn straight, really flawless! A movie with Doors' music in the soundtrack already deserves my respect, and plus more than one, really impressive. Tom Hanks, really, embodies the character so exceptional! Very well directed too, might say in passing. I can't believe that I took so long to watch this film. I didn't know what I was losing. This movie is one of those which makes me remember why do I love so much movies. Expand
  56. Feb 23, 2011
    This is one of the few non-summer blockbusters that I love. Tom Hanks did an incredible job here. And this movie definitely deserved its Oscar for Best Picture.
  57. Jan 23, 2011
    Great movie in every way from the actors to the story and the meaning behind the whole thing... A movie deffenatly worth watching if you havent yet...
  58. Aug 24, 2010
    Weird bloke at a bus stop relays his story to other people waiting by a series of flashbacks.
    Very tongue-in-cheek piss take of American history & goes for the sentimental jugular throughout the film.
    Tom Hanks & Robin Wright are good & the soundtrack is decent despite being a bit obvious.
    Also seems like Gump has a bit of curse with him as most people he meets tend to die!
    And surely the
    worst John Lennon impression ever! Expand
  59. Aug 17, 2010
    One of the most American movies ever made. A brilliant tale of the American Dream narrated by a simple man with simple pleasures. Hanks is at his stunning best here, and Zemeckis proved that he's more than just a technological wizard when it comes to making movies. A classic that deserves to be adored for decades to come.

Zemeckis, an undisputed master of film technology, shows off an equal aptitude for vivid storytelling.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Manages the difficult feat of being an intimate, even delicate tale played with an appealingly light touch against an epic backdrop.
  3. It's most successful when it is being off-center, a state of grace it doesn't quite have the nerve to maintain. [6 July 1994, Calendar, p. F-1]