7.3

1. Feb 2, 2013
    Definitely a film for your pre-teen, nothing in it for adults, in fact, the signature line in it "Sometimes adults don't know what they're talking about" is what kids suspected all along. I feel sorry for all the parents whose young kid now wants to bring their dead pet(s) back to life with lots of electricity.
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    Tim Burton is so hit or miss and with Frankenweenie the best you can say is that at least he's not adapting another remake. This was a decent film, but it's not the Nightmare Before Christmas.
  3. May 28, 2013
    As a fan of Tim Burton, I was looking forward to Frankenweenie, but when I saw it, I hate to admit that I was unfortunately disappointing. The movie was good enough to keep me awake, but it just wasn't good, at all. It did have an interesting premise, but I didn't care about the characters, the movies script is a little on the generic side and it just BORED me to death. I seriously did notAs a fan of Tim Burton, I was looking forward to Frankenweenie, but when I saw it, I hate to admit that I was unfortunately disappointing. The movie was good enough to keep me awake, but it just wasn't good, at all. It did have an interesting premise, but I didn't care about the characters, the movies script is a little on the generic side and it just BORED me to death. I seriously did not like the movie, at all. And I know that people are going to give me heat for giving such an overrated movie a 4 out of 10, but it's my review. I just personally hated the movie, but I won't give it a negative rating because the acting was actually legitimately good, but other than that, the movie was not enjoyable, AT ALL. By far, Tim Burton's worst film. I don't know why its so overrated. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    I love Tim Burton, but this film isn't worthy of the ratings that it has been given. The film is somewhat likable but I have to say, Tim Burton wil eventually end up like Adam Sandler, he made some great movies before (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman [1989]) then he made some good or okay movies (Dark Shadows, 9) and now we have "Frankenweenie." For Tim Burton, thisI love Tim Burton, but this film isn't worthy of the ratings that it has been given. The film is somewhat likable but I have to say, Tim Burton wil eventually end up like Adam Sandler, he made some great movies before (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman [1989]) then he made some good or okay movies (Dark Shadows, 9) and now we have "Frankenweenie." For Tim Burton, this film seems like bottom of the barrel, he can do so much better than this. I didn't like "Frankenweenie," not just because I know that Tim Burton can do so much better, but the film just wasn't all that good. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    "Frankenweenie" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: Great animation and voice cast. Solid characterization and an amusing and cute idea. Essentially re-tells the story of Frankenstein's monster but with a boy and his dog, and you'd assume that the predictability would ruin the film. It doesn't. The Bad: Not quite as entertaining as I had hoped. While it is a great concept,
    "Frankenweenie" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Bad: Not quite as entertaining as I had hoped. While it is a great concept, Burton just didn't bring enough of his own unique ideas to add to the story. A little slower than I expected it to be.

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Oct 15, 2012
    Very sweet, very funny, really quite touching and exquisitely handmade, by a film lover with humour and a heart, for a like-minded audience.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    It's a likable film, though not a sensational development in Tim Burton's career.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Oct 7, 2012
    Frankenweenie is a love story between a boy and his dog. It is also a beautifully crafted homage to classic horror films, a study of grief and a commentary on the mysteries of science and those who narrow-mindedly fear its advances.