7.3

1. Oct 6, 2012
    Yeah,the old Tim Burton is back with his best movie since Sweeney Todd.Frankenweenie is visually beautiful and very emotional,I have to say that what he done in Dark Shadows is forgiven here
  2. Jan 24, 2013
    Frankenweenie is the best animated movie from Tim Burton of all time, because apart from the typical gothic-expressionist environment and characters, we see that science is in between. First we have the signature character of this director, who in this case is a misunderstood boy without friends, although here is expanded to other people of the story, unlike most of Burton pictures. InFrankenweenie is the best animated movie from Tim Burton of all time, because apart from the typical gothic-expressionist environment and characters, we see that science is in between. First we have the signature character of this director, who in this case is a misunderstood boy without friends, although here is expanded to other people of the story, unlike most of Burton pictures. In addition to Victor, there is Elsa (animated Winona Ryder), Mr. Rzykruski (animated Vincent Price), Edgar, Weird Girl, Toshiaki, Bob and Nassor; all these characters are very well physically constructed and have a defined personality. Second, the vision of the science that brings Tim Burton to the plot is awesome, and it is defined by two things that are said by Mr. Rzykruski: people like what science gives them but not the questions that science asks; and, science is not good or bad, but it can be used in both ways. Third, the idea of gothic mixed with science gives the film a fresh air and it is reflected in the moment when the other boys have their experiments. The thing here is that with these series of creatures, we notice the different approaches to science: love of Victor, ignorance of Edgar, over-confidence of Toshiaki, superiority of Nassor, fear of Bob and accident of Weird Girl. Other great things on this movie are the use of Frankenstein elements and the outstanding application of camera, in the picture are noticeable transitions from one images to another, flip over (360 turn) and the famous vertigo effect, formed by simultaneously dolly in and zoom out. Tim Burton could have a perfect film, but the end should be different. Expand
  3. Oct 5, 2012
    Frankenweenie. One of my favorite animated movies of this year, I think that is fresh, original -yes I know that the movie is based on the Tim Burton's short-, the movie is really interesting, the development of the story is funny, and yes I think that is one of the best movies of this year.
  4. Oct 7, 2012
    Burton poured his heart and soul into this movie, and it shows. "Frankenweenie" is an entertaining, and emotionally resonant film that is a true return to form for Tim Burton. Although the plot is not seamless, this movie is appropriately atmospheric, meticulously detailed, and is filled with strange, quirky characters. A perfect movie for this time of year, "Frankenweenie" can be enjoyedBurton poured his heart and soul into this movie, and it shows. "Frankenweenie" is an entertaining, and emotionally resonant film that is a true return to form for Tim Burton. Although the plot is not seamless, this movie is appropriately atmospheric, meticulously detailed, and is filled with strange, quirky characters. A perfect movie for this time of year, "Frankenweenie" can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2012
    Long live Whiskers the cat! Loved that character! Sometimes Burton's comedies aren't funny enough. No problem with Frankenweenie. I laughed a lot. The stop motion animation is first rate. The story is clever, especially when the animals get morphed together. I like the decision to make it in black and white. Good enough for repeated viewings, so I will be purchasing the blu rayLong live Whiskers the cat! Loved that character! Sometimes Burton's comedies aren't funny enough. No problem with Frankenweenie. I laughed a lot. The stop motion animation is first rate. The story is clever, especially when the animals get morphed together. I like the decision to make it in black and white. Good enough for repeated viewings, so I will be purchasing the blu ray when it's released. This is my favorite Burton film since the underrated "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2012
    Tim Burton, you are the MAN!!! Franknenweenie is the greatest film of this year and of the decade, he has crafted this treat by throwing away Helena and Johhhhny deppp and and and and CHrsiwsatopher. HE has gone dark for the first time, its scary. He likes black.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    This was a great family film, appropriate for all ages. It was artistically laid out, but at the same time the animation and characters had that aesthetically predictable Burton style; yet I was anticipating this (as I'm sure most others seeing this would be), so prepare to be pleased if you enjoy Burton's style. The moral of the story was great, and there were a lot of funny andThis was a great family film, appropriate for all ages. It was artistically laid out, but at the same time the animation and characters had that aesthetically predictable Burton style; yet I was anticipating this (as I'm sure most others seeing this would be), so prepare to be pleased if you enjoy Burton's style. The moral of the story was great, and there were a lot of funny and heart-felt moments. Overall a great, quirky film! Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2012
    Great film! It has the tenderness of Manostijeras, is than macabe like Bitelchús and than original like Nightmare. Great autorreferencial work, is full of tributes to the movies that comprise of the imaginarium of this genial author.
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    I love Burton’s stop motion animation style; it really suits this type of tale. The fact it was in black and white was also a bonus for me; it made it look like the early horror films, many of which are referenced here. I also like that he made Mr. Rzykruski look an awful lot like Vincent Price; he was an early horror movie hero of mine. I haven’t seen the earlier 1984 film and so cannotI love Burton’s stop motion animation style; it really suits this type of tale. The fact it was in black and white was also a bonus for me; it made it look like the early horror films, many of which are referenced here. I also like that he made Mr. Rzykruski look an awful lot like Vincent Price; he was an early horror movie hero of mine. I haven’t seen the earlier 1984 film and so cannot make a comparison with that but I did like what I saw. Definitely well worth a watch for any horror fan; or even if you just want to be entertained; it’ll do that too!

SteelMonster’s verdict: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

My score: 8.7/10.
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    I loved this movie! From the stop-motion animation, to the classic Tim Burton atmosphere, to the great references to Universal Horror Classics and other cornerstones of the horror genre. This was my favorite animated film of 2012, and one of my favorite films of that year overall. If you like classic horror and Burton's quirkiness, this is among the best he has to offer!
  11. Nov 17, 2012
    I say that is a great animated movie.I think it'll be nominated to the Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature.The kids want to plagiarize the Victor's ''science project''?I don't know.
  12. Oct 15, 2012
    Frankenweenie is just in time for the Halloween season! I absolutely adored the animation, the storyline, and the outcome. T. Burton is has definitely made a rebound from Dark Shadows!! Frankenweenie is probably going to be the first animated movie I'll purchase on Bluray once it's available for purchase.
  13. Nov 2, 2012
    After watching the trailer i was afraid that a wonderful story had been ruined because of the other kids but in the end, it turned out i loved all of their characters.They all had likable personalities and i was excited to see what monster each of them would create. Tim Burton has done it again and created a masterpiece that is great for all ages!
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    one of the most weird , creative director tim burton presents " Franken weenie " . the movie presents it self in a creative weird way like most of his creepy animated movies like ( Corpses bride and nightmare before christmas.) but in the best way it has a very amazing imagination and good screenplay. Grade A+

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Oct 15, 2012
    Very sweet, very funny, really quite touching and exquisitely handmade, by a film lover with humour and a heart, for a like-minded audience.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    It's a likable film, though not a sensational development in Tim Burton's career.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Oct 7, 2012
    Frankenweenie is a love story between a boy and his dog. It is also a beautifully crafted homage to classic horror films, a study of grief and a commentary on the mysteries of science and those who narrow-mindedly fear its advances.