Freaky Friday

8.3

1. Apr 3, 2012
    Another dumb comedy involving Lindsay Lohan. It has a lame story involving dumb scenes between the characters. We have seen these kinds of movies before. Very perdictable.
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    The remake of Freaky Friday is terrible, crude, and contributes nothing extra to the movie everyone loved in '76. The casting of the two leads is a mistake, and the script is unfunny and uncomfortable. Watch the original, which is actually a good movie.
  3. MichelleP.
    Sep 10, 2003
    First of all, this movie was never meant to be logical. Then again, it seems every comedy is like that. I'm sorry, but giving this movie a 1 just because the rooms are too big or something like that. This isn't a sci-fi movie. In fact, the purpose of seeing movies isn't to point out their mistakes or how they aren't politically correct. It's to ENJOY them. The First of all, this movie was never meant to be logical. Then again, it seems every comedy is like that. I'm sorry, but giving this movie a 1 just because the rooms are too big or something like that. This isn't a sci-fi movie. In fact, the purpose of seeing movies isn't to point out their mistakes or how they aren't politically correct. It's to ENJOY them. The show, "Seinfeld", has situations that are SO exaggerated that it's obvious; yet I hear NO ONE complain about that. So why is everyone picking on this film when there are plenty of comedies out there that have things that aren't logical happen in them? Anyways, I found this movie a huge improvement for Disney (since so far, their animated movies [not including the ones by Pixar] are flopping as well as some of their live-action ones, with the exception of Holes). It had some flawless acting from not only the two lead actors but from the little brother, the grandfather, the dad, and (of course) the Chinese restraunt ladies. I was also pleasantly suprised to find no gross-out bathroom humor. The movie was very moving and feel-good with nice character development and a great way of showing the bonding between a mother and her daughter. Let's hope Disney makes more movies like this one. Expand
  4. HaleyM.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This was a hilarious movie that had many detailed hooks! It was so funny....Go see it! :) I loved the actuality of the little brothe in the movie...perfect resemblance of most siblings!
  5. ChadS.
    Aug 13, 2003
    "Freaky Friday" shouldn't work. We wait for Ryan (Mark Harmon) to say, "That's not my fiance(wife)," like the old man Donald Sutherland encounters in Phillip Kaufman's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Yes, it's just a comedy, but broad comedy usually gets greeted by stony silence. But since Jamie Lee Curtis gives the best comic performance since Steve Martin in "All "Freaky Friday" shouldn't work. We wait for Ryan (Mark Harmon) to say, "That's not my fiance(wife)," like the old man Donald Sutherland encounters in Phillip Kaufman's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Yes, it's just a comedy, but broad comedy usually gets greeted by stony silence. But since Jamie Lee Curtis gives the best comic performance since Steve Martin in "All of Me", you wish some of the scenes were more plausible. Since nobody notices the switch, why does "Tess" hide behind the curtain during "Anna's" guitar solo if the rules of the film dictate that nobody acknowledge the personality quirks of both parties? It should be obvious to everyone in the crowd and the band that "Anna" isn't playing. Curtis should be out there shredding in the spotlight and bring both concert and movie audience alike, down. But the screenwriters are lazy. They need to reunite Lohan and her potential beau. He's attracted by Anna's ability to handle a Stratocaster, but she's playing it like "The Singing Nun". This makes his redirection of ardor towards Anna all the more unconvincing. These lapses in intelligence would matter if the actors(Lohan is good too) didn't pull off this comic alchemy. But we're forgiving because "Freaky Friday" has a lot of heart and a lot of laughs. If it had the same brain as "Holes", this might've been something truly special. Expand
  6. RajS.
    Aug 6, 2003
    Liked this film a lot more than I thought I would. It's not perfect...but it's a fun little movie.
  7. Tara
    Aug 7, 2003
    This movie was enjoyable. I din't waste my money nor waste 2 hours of my life. It's a must see. Don't judge this movie by it's "cover" - give it a try. You know you'll enjoy it in the end.
  8. PeterW.
    Aug 9, 2003
    This is a very good "walk a mile in my shoes" movie. It also shows how easily families can be pushed to separation-possibly dysfunction-without coming together.
  9. XiongChangnian
    Sep 5, 2003
    If your vision is narrow enough, this will entertain you. The performances are fine, if the formula is stale. But the worst thing about this is not the wine, but the glass it comes in. All the principal characters (with two exceptions) are white, upper-middle-class, suburban. Mom is a shrink, with huge house, nice big car, luxy office. Kid's room is bigger than my apartment. I can If your vision is narrow enough, this will entertain you. The performances are fine, if the formula is stale. But the worst thing about this is not the wine, but the glass it comes in. All the principal characters (with two exceptions) are white, upper-middle-class, suburban. Mom is a shrink, with huge house, nice big car, luxy office. Kid's room is bigger than my apartment. I can forgive a movie for a claustrophobically bland milleu, but those two exceptions have me climbing the walls. The instigator of the magical body-switch is the owner of a Cantonese-American restaurant. She and her daughter, compared to the rest of the cast, look funny, act funny, dress funny, and talk funny. I can't decide if being invested with the magical power to alter fate with a pair of fortune cookies is also demeaning, but the mother's impulsive use of it certainly does her no credit. By the way, fortune cookies are not Chinese; they were invented by a Japanese businessman living in San Francisco. Most viewers will not conciously notice the parallel between mother and daughter, and mother and daughter. They will not be surprised that one family has a rich and complex life, full of love, humor, and also real pain -- while the other family, like a warped reflection in an ethnic funhouse mirror, pratfalls through roles one step up from Charlie Chan and Fu Manchu. Expand
  10. JohnH
    Aug 1, 2009
    Hilarious. Great acting from everyone. You must see this! Appealing to all ages. I loved it!
  11. Edyta
    Aug 11, 2003
    This movie was the best shyt ever!!
  12. KennethB.
    Aug 5, 2003
    I loved this movie! Freaky Friday, the remake of the 1976 original is back on screen starring two wonderful actresses, Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Loahan who have a lot of charisma and make this movie worth the trip. It's a clever, witty and ingenious piece of work that it makes one smile.
  13. MonicaO.
    Oct 12, 2004
    Lindsay loahan did agreat job of acting in this movie and she was really fun to watch and i love the music in this film.
  14. KenG.
    Jan 19, 2004
    A genuinely funny family comedy, with a star-turning performance by Lindsay Lohan and an amazing performance by Jamie Lee Curtis, who should at least get an Oscar nomination (yeah, like that will happen).
  15. G.M.D.K
    Dec 3, 2004
    Jamie Lee Curtis is unforgettable,a perfect family movie with a charming story and a surprisingly good Lindsay Lohan.
  16. Em
    Jan 4, 2004
    Overall..AWESOME...if ur a teenage girl mostly lol.
  17. BettyS.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Hilarious movie with great acting!
  18. SaerA.
    Feb 15, 2004
    There was nothing wrong with this movie! From beginning to end this movie was funny and I think thisis Lindsay Lohan's best performance!
  19. AllieH.
    Feb 8, 2004
    I thought it was pretty good. Lindsay Lohan did a gr8t job! She's always good in the movies she plays in. It was also funny. I think you should see it!
  20. Zadie
    Jul 11, 2004
    Its a really good movie that i cant help to watch again and again.
  21. lindsayg.
    Nov 6, 2005
    I think that freaky friday was the best show that I've seen lindsay lohan be in! EVERYONE should like it! do you?
  22. DustinL.
    Aug 9, 2005
    This movie ROCKED keep it going Lindsay. You are better than Hilary Duff.
  23. Maddie
    Sep 28, 2005
    This was a seriously cool movie. Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis were very good.
  24. WAKOJAKO
    Dec 13, 2003
    Most enjoyable diversion with engaging characters played to hilt by Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. No, it's not perfect, but what comedy these days is? A real surprise, coming from Disney, best adept at sappy live action comedies that suck everything but the cheese out of its "better" films. OK, that might be a bit harsh, but Freaky Friday is actually good...and funny.
  25. PatrickH.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Totally awesome!!!
  26. BennettM.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Awesome-thats all i can say.
  27. AaronL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    This was unexpectedly smart, funny, and highly enjoyable. Jamie Lee Curtis was inspired and Lindsay Lohan was able to keep up and shine as well. But it is really Curtis' film and it is a shame that she will be overlooked at Oscar time. At least the Golden Globes were smart enough to give her a nomination.
  28. Kewlperson
    Mar 12, 2004
    Really awesome and fun.
  29. ArielD.
    Mar 23, 2004
    It was kool! i loved the music!
  30. RichardM.
    Dec 14, 2003
    The movie is brilliant and that LINDSAY LOHAN IS PURE STUNNING.
  31. Aug 14, 2012
    An excellent movie that shows precisely the conflict of the relationship between parents and children. And what child ever wished that his father was in his place so he could see what it is? Or even the opposite. A great film with good performances and an excellent script.
  32. Apr 3, 2012
    This was just a cool movie. The script was seriously funny and the acting was good. It was kind of a wild ride. It certainly appeals to everybody. Lindsay was good, but Jamie Lee Curtis was just hilarious.
  33. Nov 12, 2012
    Positively insufferable and almost arrogant in its persistent and formulaic tone. Even if it weren't a remake, Freaky Friday wouldn't be graced with the slightest ounce of originality.
  34. Mar 24, 2013
    Although the characters looked nothing like they were from 1984 (which was when the film took place), Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan give everyone plenty of laughs as their characters switch bodies momentarily and they have to figure out how to live the opposite's way of life the hard way. Mark Harmon is among the cast.
  35. May 20, 2013
    The film has two very funny and sympathetic main characters. Because of its good story it gets better from second to second and is the funniest teen comedy I've ever seen.
  36. Mar 17, 2014
    i can not believe they make a remake of freaky friday . Jamie Lee Curtis was great but why would they make a remake ? . the orginal freaky friday was much better . and lohan's performance was awful
  37. Sep 9, 2014
    Realmente um excelente filme. Divertido, descontraído, aborda várias questões sem perder seu humor impecável. Lindsay Lohan estava bem naquela época, e interpretou a personagem muito bem. Esse filme merece aplausos.

1. The movie is directed by Mark Waters (responsible for the indie black comedy, "The House of Yes") and mostly, he's workmanlike, but smart enough to get out of the way of the nicely balanced two lead performances.
  2. Turning ordinary life into movie magic is one of the most difficult, least-heralded challenges for any filmmaker. What makes Freaky Friday a charmer isn't how far-out things get for this mother and daughter, but how sweet and distinctly un-freaky a kid, her mom and their love for each other can be.
    Motion picture cotton candy - sweet while it lasts, easily disposed of, and insubstantial.