5.5

1. Sep 3, 2014
    Certainly watchable and occasionally entertaining, Nicole Holofcener is able to create a slightly above-average ensemble of ladies. Stand-outs: Jennifer Aniston and Catherine Keener.
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    This movie was shockingly awful. What a waste of a stellar cast. Ploddy, dull, lifeless dialogue. No wit, no insight, several unlikeable characters that did not engage whatsoever. I didn't care what happened to any of them. I didn't laugh once. At one point one of the characters says "I feel like we're just waiting to die". I couldn't have agreed more.
  3. Jul 7, 2011
    Such a boring movie. I wouldn't say it was awful, there are some good moments, but generally, this movie is a waste of time. I still liked Jennifer Aniston by the way, she's cute and funny as always.

1. Reviewed by: Don R. Lewis
    Entertaining and highly watchable but in the end, it just feels trite.
  2. A pitch-perfect ensemble comedy that burrows deep into the mind-set of white, upper middle-class Angelenos, anxious to strike the right balance among career, family, love life and money but never quite pulling it off.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Stealing the show is Jane, whose rage-fueled rants and scarcely concealed mutterings are loaded with sarcastic bon mots that are delivered to the hilt by McDormand.