2.8

Aug 30, 2003
    I didn't see the movie even though i am a American IDol fan. it looked like crap. its probably the worst movie in history.
  2. Fantasy
    Jul 4, 2003
    Want cruel and inhuman punishment? Then go see this drek. Only if you are into S&M could you even consider liking this garbage. When did singers, amateurs at that, suddenly become actors? I can guarantee that neither Justin nor Kelly on't everl be featured again! Just awful and downright embarassing.
  3. smartypants1
    Jun 9, 2005
    Horrible, not even worth watching for the South Beach bodies.
  4. EricG.
    Feb 20, 2007
    CARS, one of the single most underrated films of all time, is my choice to represent my will to overcome my obsessive-compulsive disorder. Just as it surprises me that it hasn't gotten better reviews than it has, so does this movie surprise me that it hasn't gotten worse reviews. Because it represents the complete opposite. I hate this movie. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Only a CARS, one of the single most underrated films of all time, is my choice to represent my will to overcome my obsessive-compulsive disorder. Just as it surprises me that it hasn't gotten better reviews than it has, so does this movie surprise me that it hasn't gotten worse reviews. Because it represents the complete opposite. I hate this movie. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Only a person like Derek Malcolm could not think watching Lightning and Sally looking off into a beautiful canyon is at least slightly better than this piece of shit. Expand
  5. StevenK.
    Jul 16, 2003
    This movie really sucked. Kelly Clarkson, the winner of American Idol One might be turning into a loser after this film. I wasn't surprised if this film flopped because many are predicting on it. Many people can't act and Kelly's character is lacking as it goes. This is one of the time that I agree with the critics. And I thought glitter was better. One of the worst film of This movie really sucked. Kelly Clarkson, the winner of American Idol One might be turning into a loser after this film. I wasn't surprised if this film flopped because many are predicting on it. Many people can't act and Kelly's character is lacking as it goes. This is one of the time that I agree with the critics. And I thought glitter was better. One of the worst film of all time. Worst of the 2003 summer blockbuster. If I gave an advice to Clay Aiken or Ruben, (American Idol 2), act better if you get to star in a movie or don't star in a movie at all. But Clay or Ruben could act better. But who knows? Kelly Clarkson is a popular singer with a platinum album but a actress who might flop in the box office. Expand
  6. Matt
    Jul 9, 2003
    Crap, just crap.
  7. KenB.
    Aug 28, 2003
    Wow, what a stinker! This should definitly get a raspberry award!
  8. JackS
    Jul 26, 2007
    There are no negative numbers? Too bad, because this movie deserves a -5. I am a fan of b-rated movies, but this movie sank to new lows. This should be the de facto standard of what NOT to do when making a musical. From beginning to end, this movie will have you reaching for the Pepto. There is one good thing about the movie however. You can probably make some cash by betting how long There are no negative numbers? Too bad, because this movie deserves a -5. I am a fan of b-rated movies, but this movie sank to new lows. This should be the de facto standard of what NOT to do when making a musical. From beginning to end, this movie will have you reaching for the Pepto. There is one good thing about the movie however. You can probably make some cash by betting how long somebody can watch the film before wanting to scream in pure agony. Expand
  9. KatherineB.
    Nov 22, 2003
    I really don't understand how anyone could have given this movie any score other than 0! Since when has being able to sing equaled being able to act?
  10. RobertH.
    Jul 16, 2003
    This movie fits perfectly with summer blockbusters, the Hulk and The League of Extroadinary Gentlemen. If you want to punish someone for life, make them sit through these 3 movies. It is awful.
  11. JordynM.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Well, it was worse than i thought it would be. Neither Kelly nor Justin can act good and they need to cut down on the songs. Like every other scene is a dang song. But some of the songs were pretty good and they sang good. But Justin was kind of ugly.
  12. DevonN.
    Aug 28, 2003
    The movie was horrible. Bad acting, dumb plot, and stupid songs. Stay away....far away.
  13. AnnaB.
    Sep 13, 2003
    Brillient!!!!!
  14. AnonymousMovieLover
    Jul 6, 2004
    Why would you ever waste your time watching something like this? To see Kelly Clarkson? I guess that might be worth it, but their acting matches their songwriting ability... NONEXISTANT.
  15. MartyL
    Apr 30, 2005
    Ok, this is a horrible movie...I h8 Justin, I luv Kelly, but this movie is just horrible! O, by the way "Zack O.", Kelly HAS acted in her life-in highschool though, lol.
  16. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    I liked it ok, but it is pop-culture fecies none-the-less.
  17. CJ
    Feb 26, 2006
    Disgusting filth when compared with any other film ever made. Hilariously embarrassing when watched. It provided laughs...for all the wrong reasons.
  18. BendaS.
    Jul 12, 2006
    i love watching this movie,cuz it reminds me of wat me and my boyfriend do everynite.
  19. AshleyP.
    Jan 1, 2007
    If you want to see the worst acting ever, take a look at the actress playing Clarkson's best friend. Overacted, poorly written, and that's just the music.
  20. ZackO.
    Dec 4, 2003
    HMMMMMM.....i wonder why this is a bad movie? MAybe because it features people that have never acted in their lives. HMMMMM.......
  21. BartS.
    Jun 21, 2003
    Well I'd say this "movie" sucked; but that's a little soft. I didn't think it was physically possible, but this "movie" both sucks and blows. First off, Neither Justin or Kelly can act. In this-er-"comedy" Their poor acting skills far surpass their poor singing skills as they stumble through lame attempts to be funny. All these comedic attempts are ripped off from past Well I'd say this "movie" sucked; but that's a little soft. I didn't think it was physically possible, but this "movie" both sucks and blows. First off, Neither Justin or Kelly can act. In this-er-"comedy" Their poor acting skills far surpass their poor singing skills as they stumble through lame attempts to be funny. All these comedic attempts are ripped off from past movies, too. What were the people who created this smoking when they wrote the script for this "movie"? And The 20th Century Fox Film Corporation must've been smoking twice as much. The plot of this "movie" is like reading through a children's book. Nothing, not even a crazed psycho running on to the beach with a semi-automatic shotgun shooting everybody, could save this "movie" from falling into the land of misfit movies. And really, does this "movie" have a freakin' plot? Two semi-talented singers meet on beach in Miami, and fall madly in love at first sight, and finally get together in a fairytale ending that is suitable for the old and senile members of a retirement home. If there was a movie released worse than this, it would be a sequel to this hellish experience of a "movie." Expand
  22. NewMulroneycakesOnTheBlock
    Jul 15, 2003
    On behalf of the British nation, I feel I must apologise for this whole situation. We created Pop Idol; we spawned Simons Cowell and Fuller, and the latter's brother Kim, who "wrote" this bastard film. We started the chain of events which lead to the creation of something so horribly, unfeasibly, violently hideous that Hans Blix may need to be brought in to determine its status as a On behalf of the British nation, I feel I must apologise for this whole situation. We created Pop Idol; we spawned Simons Cowell and Fuller, and the latter's brother Kim, who "wrote" this bastard film. We started the chain of events which lead to the creation of something so horribly, unfeasibly, violently hideous that Hans Blix may need to be brought in to determine its status as a Weapon of Mass Destruction We, here in Britain, by watching Pop Idol in the first place, brought this horror upon you. Sorry. On the other hand, you brought George W. Bush on us. And everyone else in the world. So call it even. Expand
  23. Michelle
    Sep 24, 2003
    1 for good music.. the movie stinks otherwise..
  24. AlbertR
    Mar 26, 2005
    It would get my vote as the worst movie of all time.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

One of the worst movies you'll ever see -- but it's still not worth seeing.
  2. It's like ''Grease: The Next Generation'' acted out by the food-court staff at SeaWorld.
    They have the chemistry of step-siblings, so a movie that has them make out is, as the one of the few girls in the theater exclaimed, "so gross."