Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: November 27, 2013
7.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 1176 Ratings
WATCH NOW
NitishAug 20, 2014
People have so over rated it. It's just another movie which is easily forgettable ..!!
Music was good(not the starting 10 min.), story was different but not great, characters were good but not well built.
The only character i really loved
The only character i really loved in the movie is that cute little talking snowman, he was the best built character in movie..!!
I give it 5, one extra for snowman..!!
UncannyGarlicMar 4, 2014
Frozen is an enjoyable romp that left me feeling a bit empty. After watching it for the first time, I had difficulty pinning down what exactly the source of that feeling was but I did know that it didn't feel like a Disney movie. Upon aFrozen is an enjoyable romp that left me feeling a bit empty. After watching it for the first time, I had difficulty pinning down what exactly the source of that feeling was but I did know that it didn't feel like a Disney movie. Upon a second viewing I confirmed suspicions and found other problems.

I think the language used by the characters would have been enough to prevent the film from becoming a classic. The characters speak with a lot of modern colloquialisms, particularly in the first half of the film, which really grates at times. For some reason the writers at Disney have decided that to have a ditzy, innocent female protagonist they have to start her off as an annoying tween. I understand that you want your audience to identify with the characters but it doesn't fit the setting and comes off as forced.

The Musical numbers are good but really lack the timeless quality of the Disney Renaissance musical numbers, in no small part because of the language but also due to having a young feel about them that I associate with some recent Broadway musicals. It's all very high energy, lacking the climaxes and the feeling of deliberate, thought-out pacing leaving the songs feeling a little forced. "Let it Go" has rightfully been getting praise and is definitely the highpoint of the score but even it fails to live up to the scores of "The Little Mermaid" through "The Lion King".

This leads into the problem of pacing with the film in general, the film feels a bit frenetic. It throws in jokes wherever it can, much like Fox Animation and Dreamworks tend to, interrupting the scene it's trying to build. Olaf in particular simply destroys dramatic tension and pacing. That isn't to say that he brings in humor to take the edge off when things might be getting to intense for kids, he incessantly interrupts the process of building tension. Olaf seems to generally be a love or hate character, my girlfriend thought he was the best part of the movie and was less impressed with the film than I was. I simply felt that he was extraneous, Sven provides just the right amount of slapstick by himself and goofy characters and gags are liberally sprinkled in to create more than enough humor without an extra comedic sidekick.

Onto what the movie does really well, CGI. The movie is absolutely gorgeous. Characters are extremely emotive and the snow magic is breathtaking. The imagery of "Let it Go" was amazing and exciting. Watching Elsa explore her powers was a ton of fun and was excellently combined with the musical number. The fight scene with the snow monster was the height of the films animation. Movement was fluid, characters were full of emotion, and tension oozed out of the screen when it wasn't leaving you breathless from action.

There is something that itches about some of Elsa's animations though, I'm not sure if she reminds me of a character from something else or if her facial animations approach the uncanny valley at times but I get this uncomfortable feeling that she's from a direct to DVD movie at times and not because it's bad animation.

I fully recommend Frozen to families with children up to their tweens and to Broadway fans, especially younger ones. Don't go into Frozen expecting a classic Disney musical or another Wreck it Ralph and you'll be fine.
CriticzillaOct 14, 2014
A bit boring and pointless, the songs were sort of annoying. Although, the voices and the animation: brilliant! I would say this is an Okay movie! A great role model for kids, too!
BoogeeFilmGuyJul 14, 2015
Before I start this review, I would like to say that this is my opinion on the film, so don't get annoyed if you disagree with my opinion. Okay, lets continue:

Frozen is that kind of movie you feel bad about not liking. Everyone else says

Frozen is that kind of movie you feel bad about not liking. Everyone else says its the greatest thing to come to screen, then you're sitting there thinking 'its okay', or 'I didn't like it' and the audience throws 89% of the Rotten Tomatoes this film was rated for at you. Now, I didn't hate the film, but I didn't really like it either. The main reason probably was I just don't like musicals. I love animated films, but this just isn't my sort of movie. I didn't see this in theaters because when I heard 'Let it Go' I slumped in my chair and sighed. But, the animation is pretty freaking good and the actual film is tolerable, so I'll give it a 6. Again, not my type of film, so don't get too peed off at me for not giving it a 10/10.
JoesatmoesApr 7, 2014
I was really excited to see this movie. I thought it would have elements from Tangled (which I really enjoyed) but with really cool effects, more battles, and maybe a darker and more emotional story. But after seeing it, I really don't getI was really excited to see this movie. I thought it would have elements from Tangled (which I really enjoyed) but with really cool effects, more battles, and maybe a darker and more emotional story. But after seeing it, I really don't get the hype behind it. I mean, the animation is amazing, but that's the same with all big animated movies. The music is BEAUTIFUL. But the story and pacing are messy, and the characters are just not very well created.

Story: there is a very cool and interesting premise, about a girl (Elsa) who has magic powers, but an accident that they cause makes her try to keep away from everyone else- including her sister, Ana. This is kind of like Tangled, but where she doesn't WANT to be kidnapped (which is a twist that I actually would have liked). But the terrible pacing makes the whole story fall short. And the music- while very good- is probably one of, if not the biggest, cause of this. A lot of major conversations between characters that should just be dialogue are done in songs. Songs should be used to express a character's emotions when he/she is alone. Also, there are so many subplots- there's a betrayal, people are trying to kill Elsa, Ana gets cursed and has to find true love, etc. It would have been okay to have a few subplots, but there were just too many. There were some emotional scenes, but they weren't really enough to make up for all the other issues.

The characters: The characters in this movie make way too rash decisions, and they do things and know things that don't make sense for them to know. And a lot of them aren't as fleshed out as they could be. For example, there is a betrayal with one of the characters, when there was NO indication that he was bad in any way. And there is one character who is introduced to be a bad guy, but only does one thing that is really evil. Even Elsa isn't given enough screen time to make us truly understand her- I mean, we understand that she is going through a lot, and has had to since she was a child. But could we not have a few more emotional scenes with her
But I will give props to the snowman- he was quite likable and funny.

Overall, I give it a 6 because of those emotional scenes and the beautiful music mixed with very animation.
Supersaiyan9000Jun 20, 2014
Ok first off let me get one thing straight, people really need to shut the f***k up about this movie! It's really not as "amazing" as almost everyone is making it out to be. I mean the Animation is incredible, the songs are indeed good, andOk first off let me get one thing straight, people really need to shut the f***k up about this movie! It's really not as "amazing" as almost everyone is making it out to be. I mean the Animation is incredible, the songs are indeed good, and the characters are likable, but people are not realizing how many problems there were with the story and plot. Was it an amazing movie?: no. Was it a terrible movie?: no. The most the movie really was was just "good." Expand
sanyrubApr 17, 2014
Animation is amazing and if it were for that I would give it a 8/9 out of 10. Unfortunately, that´s almost the only good thing about it. There are a couple of songs which are very good. But still have nothing on Disney´s true greatAnimation is amazing and if it were for that I would give it a 8/9 out of 10. Unfortunately, that´s almost the only good thing about it. There are a couple of songs which are very good. But still have nothing on Disney´s true great soundtracks and songs. The Lion King is so superior it is not even funny for example. The worst part is the lack of character development and story. The script is very poor and we don´t get to know the characters, except for Anna maybe. The film is full of silly plot holes and assumptions. Towards the end there is a very nice message about love not being only about lovers but also about between two girls who are sisters. But apart from that it is very bland and silly, with the dumbest Disney villain I´ve ever seen. Thankfully, despite the smoke and mirrors, if we adjust by inflation, Frozen is so far from being as successful as other Disney films, which proves many others Disney films have been way bigger phenomenons than Frozen. It is entertaining though. Expand
SpakinessFeb 23, 2014
I really don't understand all the praise this movie is receiving. Good animation and music shouldn't be an excuse for a bad and poorly paced story. As Disney has matured over the years their story telling has improved greatly in their films.I really don't understand all the praise this movie is receiving. Good animation and music shouldn't be an excuse for a bad and poorly paced story. As Disney has matured over the years their story telling has improved greatly in their films. Though this is just an example of them dropping the ball. I fear that we are coming to a point where people are just simply giving out good rating because "Its a Pixar Film". Expand
GarfoodleAug 19, 2014
Ok, so i'm 15. I play lots of games with killing in them. I get that i'm not the movies target audience. That being said, I like Disney movies. I watched that one with the little Irish girl, the one with the Indian girl, the one with theOk, so i'm 15. I play lots of games with killing in them. I get that i'm not the movies target audience. That being said, I like Disney movies. I watched that one with the little Irish girl, the one with the Indian girl, the one with the Lion. Anyway, the movie. Its ok, I guess...I mean, there isn't anything really good here. I forgot the soundtrack already, keep in mind i watched it about 12 hours ago, and well...em...the story is Disney, the voices are good...and well...meh...not good, not bad. Its kinda just...there... Expand
McgillacuddyApr 7, 2015
Beautiful animation and a seemingly promising film at the start, but it still leaves me unsatisfied. The content of the film is especially great for children, which is probably why so many people recommend it, but I am 17 years old (and I'm aBeautiful animation and a seemingly promising film at the start, but it still leaves me unsatisfied. The content of the film is especially great for children, which is probably why so many people recommend it, but I am 17 years old (and I'm a male) and the story just really took me away from my comfortable spot with cheesiness and childish setting. To be completely honest, the music wasn't all that great either. "Let it Go" was the only song in the entire film that caught my entire attention. As for the others, they're not going to be songs that even I'll be sitting in my room alone singing under my breath. It's a really great film to have if you were very young and growing up watching it, but as for the older people, we might as well just stick with our Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid. Expand
The_hamurMay 4, 2015
Was I really that stupid/naive when I watched the Disney renaissance movies or the world is different? Because come on, this movie is barely passable! I got angry watching this, simply because it's so stupid it hurts. Plot holes in children'sWas I really that stupid/naive when I watched the Disney renaissance movies or the world is different? Because come on, this movie is barely passable! I got angry watching this, simply because it's so stupid it hurts. Plot holes in children's movies are ok, but this movie takes it to another level. It's not a musical, it's a 100min videoclip with no sense at all. Expand
FeraldeathNov 28, 2013
Disney's "FROZEN"

When the Mickey Mouse short "Get a Horse" before the film is more entertaining than the actual movie, you have a problem. What can I say about this movie? It is definitely Disney. Within the first five minutes...if
Disney's "FROZEN"

What can I say about this movie? It is definitely Disney. Within the first five minutes...if that, it is already plagued by the curse of Disney films.

We get the overall plot, introduction of main protagonist and antagonist, the death in the family, and a completely uncalled song all in the beginning. What comes after is simply a movie filled with matters of convenience and the not so original concept of "True love conquers all" theme.

What I liked The ice is very nice to look at. Also, I didn't mind this movie in 3D, I found it enhanced the graphic design instead of pulling you away with random over the top in your face moments. Kristoff the iceman, a down to earth character with an affection to his reindeer Swen was fun to watch at times, but Olaf, the snowman, I feel really stole the character spotlight for being of pure nativity and simplicity. Also, the humor hits at the right times. The best line, and the only laugh out loud moment for me is when Olaf, Kristoff, and Anna meet and Olaf finishes singing his song.

What I didn't like The story feels rushed if not even there at times. It feels like a movie where one guy said, "Hey, lets make a movie about Ice and princesses." And that is what you have. You're never really pulled into this movie, the characters are clearly developed past their shell, and the twist doesn't make you care. Again it feels like they have the twist just to have a twist. And don't get me started on the songs. Let's sing about how I feel and what is happening at this moment and let's really pull out all the stops for teen Disney. Finally I can't express the thought of "convenience" in this movie enough.

Originally I was going to say 4/10, 5/10. yet, despite the flaws I'm going to bump it up one notch 5/10-6/10 because after its all said and done, I somehow enjoyed it a little. Don't get me wrong, this is not a great movie, it is not even a good movie. But it has its moments.

5/6 outta 10 Kids will love it, parents will endure at least.
sabeaseyNov 27, 2013
After Wreck it Ralph and Tangled, I had high hopes for Frozen. While I did enjoy it, it does not live up to the standard set by those two movies.

The movie spends the first half trying to be a Broadway show, breaking into song in every seen. Then, about midway through the film, the songs virtually disappear. There seemed to be no real stand out track.

The story is good and most of the characters are interesting, except for Olaf the comic relief snowman. With the laughs my kids got from the reindeer Sven, Olaf just seems like a totally unnecessary character.

I was really ready to give the film a 5, but the visuals earn a point on their own. the film is stunning to look at.
SEROJDec 10, 2013
Decent Disney move with predictable ending, less action and good characters. I did enjoy it but the truth is that it's nothing special. Overall it's a great family movie. So 6/10 i think is fair
NixonOverObamaMay 15, 2014
The only big positive thing I see in this movie is the beautiful animation. Other than that, the movie isn't very good, and it is highly overrated.
The characters are not that notable; Anna is optimistic, but Elsa and Christoff are very bland characters. Plus, while searching for Elsa, the movie feels lonely when it should not have felt that way. Anna and Christoff felt like real characters, but Sven acts like a normal reindeer, making him seem more like a mode of transportation than a character. Sure, Sven can't talk, but Abu didn't talk in Aladdin, but they still gave him a personality by making him show emotions that were more human-like than animal-like. Lastly, Olaf seems to serve no purpose in this movie. Sure, he's a nice optimistic character, but we already had Anna, so he felt empty as a character.
But, in my opinion, the worst thing about the movie is the plot. It starts off with no antagonist, making the movie feel pointless right from the start. Disney should've fixed this with Hans acting in ways that made characters suspicious that he was hiding something. The twist at the end wasn't enough to save this error; there is absolutely no way that Hans could act that perfectly without showing at least one trace of being evil. And the goal of the movie is to get Elsa back to the city, correct? She clearly didn't want to go back, so why do you even bother? The act of true love was stupid too. I'm actually not mad about the cliche, but more how Anna was unfrozen; a hug. A HUG? C'mon! Wasn't it an act of true love when Christoff took her to the castle, or when he tried to save her?
Thus, with shallow characters and a bad plot, this movie gets a 4, only getting that high because of the amazing animation.
Zelda334Feb 17, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first act of the movie was amazing. They introduced their characters and the song weren't just there to be there. Everything had depth and you cared about the characters and their dilemma's. Then came the second half. Nothing made sense Everything was all around the place. One minute they said something and the next they said something completely different. Olaf was a terrible character and the movie was better off without him. He makes jokes at the completely wrong times. Kristoff and Hans were useless and the movie would've been better if Elsa was the villain and they would've had a better sisterly love message. Speaking of which there was no sisterly love. Anna and Elsa barely spoke to each other throughout the whole movie. There was no character growth at all, even though there had to be. They scotch taped the villain and the message to the movie, and overall the movie just got less enjoyable as we progressed. Expand
nafeesSep 21, 2014
not bad, may be good enough to produce a blockbuster. but nothing great or extraordinary. over-rated frankly speaking.
And seriously this wins Academy Award over 'The Wind Rises'. Oscar has just became a joke with this.
Typical disney

Typical disney princess story. The ost 'Let it go' was good though. I would give it 5 or 6 out of 10. [5-6/10]
Dane_CurseOct 12, 2014
This thing is a muddled mess with no cohesive plot, and a collection of overall likable but forgettable characters, and some catchy songs. But if you're looking for a descent animated film hit up Wreck It Ralph. However, if you just needThis thing is a muddled mess with no cohesive plot, and a collection of overall likable but forgettable characters, and some catchy songs. But if you're looking for a descent animated film hit up Wreck It Ralph. However, if you just need something to keep your kids quiet so you and your spouse can drink a bottle of wine and share some alone time, this movie is for you. Expand
MichaelDDec 23, 2013
I expected highly of this movie to be rated and remembered with the likes of Toy Story, Monsters Inc etc. But I had not expected the movie to be like a musical. The songs were not good at all, even if it's not my genre. But the animation wasI expected highly of this movie to be rated and remembered with the likes of Toy Story, Monsters Inc etc. But I had not expected the movie to be like a musical. The songs were not good at all, even if it's not my genre. But the animation was just beautiful. The scenery, characters and special effects were 10/10, the humor is decent and the snowman character can be irritating, depends on your view. If you liked Tangled, give this a shot, just don't expect this to be a masterpiece. Expand
zpj23Dec 26, 2013
For the most part ,it's a decent movie but i just thought it was boring. I saw it on Christmas Day with my family. Some parts were entertaining and and landscape visuals/CGI are amazing in this movie. I just thought the story was Just anotherFor the most part ,it's a decent movie but i just thought it was boring. I saw it on Christmas Day with my family. Some parts were entertaining and and landscape visuals/CGI are amazing in this movie. I just thought the story was Just another typical disney love story. Go and see it if you like Disney love stories. I guess it's a great children's movie as well. But if you're a male you'll most likely find this movie slightly boring. That's just my opinion, however. Expand
Goose0616Jan 26, 2014
I thought the animation and design attention to detail was amazing. everything else was just meh. Possibly the only reason I will buy this later is because my daughter loved it.
Calmaff11Sep 17, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is going to end up as one of Disney's movies that's really big for a good while it first comes out...then it will disappear into obscurity. Once the Let It Go flames die out it will too. Of course with that I will say it's not the worst of the worst, but it's not grand either. It's actually soooooo bad in the beginning that it's painfully bad. The first 20 minutes of the movie made me want to die a death so bad that Diablo himself can come and skip rope with my god damned intestines then make me suffer those beginning 20 minutes again.

The only way Frozen got a 4 is that at least (when everyone is singing like morons and generally out of tune) it's at least enjoyable. Anna isn't enjoyable though...ever...ever...never. She is full of derp. Of course suffering through her complete inability to use her brain there is something under the surface of the ice.

The story is at least intriguing. Given I don't see why you'd force your child to hide her super awesome ice control abilities. Especially when the rest of the kingdom seems completely fine with it by the end of the film. (No freaking clue there.) Also it did get hit by the generic Disney story of..."Ey, yo!! Yo parents done died foo'!!" Which of course leads into exposition, which then leads into fourteen more pointless songs from people who can't sing and this is what drags down any fun you can have with Frozen. As stated before however...when everyone shuts the **** up, the story moves on and the movie feels fun. Until the next song.

The songs in this movie suck. All of them...end of this segment.

The characters are all derpy idiots, the worst being Anna by far. I'm most assured she just recently learned how to breath through her mouth as previously she did not breath at all. The lame, generic, bad guy prince that Disney has been shoveling out like it's going out of style is just that. Lame...annnnd generic. Sven and his reindeer sex partner are also...pretty derp. Sven is less derpy then Anna and Prince Whatshisface but not by much. The only characters I honestly liked were Elza and the damned snowman. I liked...the stupid talking snowman more then the humans. That's pretty bad. There is a reason for this however.

It is, to me, near impossible to ever get connected to a character who can only speak...IN SONG!!! Therefore since the snowman has 1 song, and the rest of the time is him being funny, I kinda like him. I think I only like Elza for cool character design and the fact that Let It Go was in fact the best song in the entire movie, and it's not even that amazing of a song. The characters are near impossible to make any sort of human connection to.

In the end when everyone is not singing terrible songs and being cliche as **** it's enjoyable. When they're doing what was previously stated, it's agonizing. Sadly most of the time they're being the former which just leaves for one big let down. Therefore I think for this movie we should just...let it go. (Punny...I know.)
SmeeJan 3, 2014
movie has really unpredictable ending and that terrific. Movie also had decent 3d effects ,Sad part is mediocre songs and commonly used jokes are hard to tolerate. Kids may be like it but adult viewers may had a tough time.
catcarloJan 9, 2014
In un momento di scarsa ispirazione complessiva per quanto riguarda il genere, la Disney va sul classico per il suo nuovo cartone animato affidandolo al regista di ‘Tarzan’ a alla sceneggiatrice di ‘Ralph spaccatutto’. E’ il primo film dellaIn un momento di scarsa ispirazione complessiva per quanto riguarda il genere, la Disney va sul classico per il suo nuovo cartone animato affidandolo al regista di ‘Tarzan’ a alla sceneggiatrice di ‘Ralph spaccatutto’. E’ il primo film della premiata ditta scritto completamente da una donna, circostanza da cui proviene con ogni probabilità l’accento sulla sorellanza (ma anche l’aria che tira, visto che anche ‘Ribelle The Brave’ della rivale Pixar ha una protagonista fenninile), e ritorna a basarsi su una fiaba classica dopo ‘Rapunzel L'intreccio della torre’, del quale però non riesce a raggiungere il livello qualitativo. La pellicola uscita nel 2010 mostra infatti una brillantezza e un’inventiva maggiori, oltre ad essere parecchio più divertente: sicuramente la cupa favola che qui fornisce l’abbastanza libera ispirazione (‘La regina dei ghiacci’ di Andersen) non aiuta, ma lo sviluppo della storia patisce la mancanza di coerenza dal punto di vista dello stile narrativo e non sempre le singole situazioni sono davvero convincenti. La prima parte quasi un musical con il parlato ridotto rispetto alle molte canzoni, alcune delle quali assai valide (la musica di Robert Lopez e le parole inglesi sono di Kristen Anderson-Lopez, peccato per il doppiaggio) poi, da quando Elsa si ritira nel suo castello sul picco più alto intonando la coinvolgente ‘Let it go’ (in italiano ‘All’alba sorgerò’, vabbè…) e congelando tutto, lo svolgimento si concentra quasi in esclusiva sull’azione. Anna va alla ricerca della sorella supportata dal commerciante di ghiaccio Cristoph e dalla sua renna, vivendo un’avventura nella neve con qualche momento insipido (il mostro a difesa del castello) e un bel finale che supera la trita convenzione del ‘bacio d’amore’: soprattutto, però, i due incontrano il pupazzo di neve Olaf che ravviva l’atmosfera essendo protagonista di un discreto numero di gag riuscite, a partire dal suo amore per il caldo che, ovviamente, non conosce. La voce di Enrico Brignano si rivela una scelta azzeccata (quella originale di Josh Gad) per un personaggio che contribuisce non poco a recuperare l’interesse che almeno per lo spettatore adulto stava un po’ andando a scemare. Detto che Elsa all’inizio del progetto doveva essere una cattiva a tutto tondo e che la sua posizione stata modificata in corso d’opera, va infine sottolineato che tra i pregi del film stanno sicuramente il disegno e l’animazione: l’accurata documentazione sull’architettura norvegese per la città di Arendelle e lo studio attento dei fiocchi di neve servono da base alla creatività degli artisti dello studio Disney che raggiungono il loro massimo nella costruzione, libera e di notevole potenza immaginativa, del castello della regina delle nevi. Infine, va anche sottolineato come, sebbene i più piccoli possano spaventarsi un po’ in qualche passaggio, il film sia soprattutto un intrattenimento destinato ai bambini che si va a inserire nel grande filone che comprende, ad esempio, titoli come ‘La bella e la bestia’: per una volta gli adulti, blanditi in questi anni con ogni sorta di ammiccamenti e citazioni, ritornano al loro ruolo di semplici accompagnatori. Expand
RhythmicReviewJan 27, 2014
It's mostly traditional Christmas movie charm, and that's okay in controlled amounts each year. Frozen unfortunately, goes too far, to the point where there's not even an antagonist we can consistently loathe throughout the movie's duration.
maekomaiDec 26, 2013
This would be a great movie for everyone 10 and under (and it was marketed that way), but I would not count this movie among the many recent clever movies, friendly for all ages (like Wreck it Ralph, Monsters University, or Tangled). It feltThis would be a great movie for everyone 10 and under (and it was marketed that way), but I would not count this movie among the many recent clever movies, friendly for all ages (like Wreck it Ralph, Monsters University, or Tangled). It felt very dumbed-down to me. It was gorgeous to look at, but the music was very obnoxious, and the story was very anti-climactic. Expect to hear more adults saying animated films are "just for kids" with more movies like this. Expand
RuggineJan 18, 2014
The dialog are not and the jokes are too simple and mediocre, the only appreciable note on the story is the change of the previous Disney point of view: better not trust of the love of first sight, this is in my opinion a massive improvementThe dialog are not and the jokes are too simple and mediocre, the only appreciable note on the story is the change of the previous Disney point of view: better not trust of the love of first sight, this is in my opinion a massive improvement of the message behind the story. Out of this is very disappointing, not so funny, and comparing to Croods for example or Despicable Me, Turbo, the dialog are not at the same level. Very disappointing Expand
franissavioDec 1, 2013
Animation 3D story was very good. But it was too loud, annoying vocals and leaves big headache earache. Mickey mouse clip at the beginning was unnecessary and stupid.
TitaniumDragonJun 2, 2014
This was a fairly average movie. The animation was beautiful, but the plot and pacing weren't quite up to snuff. However, the biggest detracting feature was probably the songs, oddly enough - there were a LOT of them, especially towards theThis was a fairly average movie. The animation was beautiful, but the plot and pacing weren't quite up to snuff. However, the biggest detracting feature was probably the songs, oddly enough - there were a LOT of them, especially towards the start of the movie, but they weren't especially good by and large, with only two which were really any good. It was a very nice idea for a movie, but the execution just wasn't there on it, and the first half of the movie kind of dragged. Only towards the end did it really start to pick up, but the fact that I never really identified with the characters in the movie at all kept me from really enjoying the ending all that much.

Definitely not Disney's best, and I'm quite confused why people were so blown away by it - it was pretty, but nothing special. The LEGO movie, for all its silliness, was far better.
adhamhanyJul 15, 2014
Very overrated. Sure, the animation and visuals are great; but it's not as funny as it should be (there is like only one scene when i actually laughed), the characters and plot are nothing original (love conquers and stuff like that), andVery overrated. Sure, the animation and visuals are great; but it's not as funny as it should be (there is like only one scene when i actually laughed), the characters and plot are nothing original (love conquers and stuff like that), and most of the songs are pretty boring (i only liked the one by the trolls).

I was expecting something worthy of all the critical and commercial success this movie has enjoyed, but i didn't.
khutchApr 2, 2014
Frozen starts very well, is easy to get interested in the story that is presented, and is unique among animation (its premise, out of which is shown), the aesthetic is very pretty and the characters that drive the plot seem well developed andFrozen starts very well, is easy to get interested in the story that is presented, and is unique among animation (its premise, out of which is shown), the aesthetic is very pretty and the characters that drive the plot seem well developed and solids.
Turns out, Frozen at first establishes itself as a tale of fantasy that seems to have a premise and different from other teaching, and in the course of the narrative proves more a Disney movie, it's weird, because it would not be a problem if, Frozen dont build an impression that is broken throughout the film.
MudgeeNov 24, 2014
As a 25 year old male, it's fair to say I didn't want to watch this movie in the first place. Being the sweet boyfriend I am, I did however and sadly wish I had stuck with my original instincts. There is enough there to make you keepAs a 25 year old male, it's fair to say I didn't want to watch this movie in the first place. Being the sweet boyfriend I am, I did however and sadly wish I had stuck with my original instincts. There is enough there to make you keep watching, but it doesn't have any of the lure or charm of true Disney classics of old. A good round the board kids movie I suppose, but if your a grown adult with no children - what the hell are you doing? Expand
deborahyeeMar 6, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't like Frozen as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because everyone hyped it up but honestly, there were too many plot holes and the characters really didn't change or develop. I was willing to let all that slide but when I heard someone said they thought Elsa was a strong princess that showed up all other Disney princesses, I lost it. I generally pretty forgiving when I'm giving a criticism of something (since I definitely couldn't have done a better job) but all I ask for is a somewhat believable plot and mediocre characters and I didn't find that. Elsa may be young but she was old enough to be a queen. She should have been smart enough to train and control her abilities or at least consider what she might do if she were discovered, seeing as how she couldn't even touch something for 3 seconds without revealing herself. She should have been mature enough not to run away from her responsibilities. Other Disney princesses may have had run away for love stories or adventure but I can understand that. They lived in an oppressive, patriarchal society filled with arranged marriages. Many of them even had admirable qualities like compassion, strong morals, humbleness, an fearless will, etc . They found and fought for their happy ending and, when they became queens, were loved by their people because they didn't hold any of their past fears or desires with them. Elsa was a queen from the start, not a young girl and not a princess. Her people are who she (should) be living for. She also had a younger sister to think of. Anna couldn't have possible taken over the throne with her inexperience and eagerness to please. As well, another thing that didn't seem real was the sudden shift in Hans character and the (almost forced) love between Anna and Kristoff. As if it were just a way to throw the audience with no reason other than to extenuate how they are trying to change their princesses. If that was the point, there are better ways to tell that kind of story (ex: harry potter or Mulan, where romantic love stories were a secondary focus). However, I have to admit the songs were great. That was certainly one redeemable quality. In the end, if the question was would I was it again, the answer is no. On the other hand, if you want to know if you should watch it for a first time, then yes it is worth it. My review may not be a positive one, but the movie really was not terrible, just frustrating. Expand
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
Frozen es una película que aunque tiene buena animación, es muy infiel a la verdadera historia, por lo tanto no logra cumplir un buen estándar y deja algo que desear.
elsylorenaJul 19, 2014
Gracias a esta obra, se confirma que a Disney le gusta arruinar las historias divertidas y entretenidas de los hermanos Grim, aunque posee una buena banda sonora y animación, escuchar tantas canciones tontas fastidia, solo puedo rescatarGracias a esta obra, se confirma que a Disney le gusta arruinar las historias divertidas y entretenidas de los hermanos Grim, aunque posee una buena banda sonora y animación, escuchar tantas canciones tontas fastidia, solo puedo rescatar algunas que me gustan, ya estoy arto de su Let It Go. Expand
papeadojhonNov 8, 2014
Visualmente encantadora y acompañada de espléndidas canciones sing-along. Pero, sinceramente, Frozen es algo más que visto y más que predecible. Siguiendo así, la interminable y tediosa esencia de Disney.
FuturedirectorMar 18, 2016
Of course, Frozen is the most successful in money animated film in history, but just for his masterpiece of original song, animation and unforgettable characters. But the plot may be a bit gloomy, just saved because of its great direction andOf course, Frozen is the most successful in money animated film in history, but just for his masterpiece of original song, animation and unforgettable characters. But the plot may be a bit gloomy, just saved because of its great direction and music, of course. So sadly, Frozen is just another animated film in cinema history, naturally, winner of many awards that it really deserves, despite the many kinds that it has. Expand
Crane2003Apr 14, 2016
sometimes i hate disney. Another Disney movie of "princess". dances and songs, ridiculous characters trying to be funny (and even hate) the typical argument, "if I wish with all my heart, i will fulfill that dream." When I went to the cinemasometimes i hate disney. Another Disney movie of "princess". dances and songs, ridiculous characters trying to be funny (and even hate) the typical argument, "if I wish with all my heart, i will fulfill that dream." When I went to the cinema to see it with my family, my father and me, we tired of the Songs, like the summer of olaf. Zootopia and big hero 6 is much better than this crap of princesses called "movie". I do not know how there can be women who love this **** and even men. If some friend is going to see this movie, Kill him, would you do something good for the world. Expand
Jamison12May 25, 2014
I never really understood the infatuation with Frozen everyone seems to have, and I still do not, but it is a well executed movie and is extremely funny film for all ages. It strives without any headlining actors and is a very fun and newI never really understood the infatuation with Frozen everyone seems to have, and I still do not, but it is a well executed movie and is extremely funny film for all ages. It strives without any headlining actors and is a very fun and new idea. The plot isn't developed ass much as other animated Disney films, and maybe that is a poor job on their part, but it doesn't affect the film at all as overall, it is a fun, entertaining, and feel good movie. Expand
chwJul 19, 2014
Frozen had only one thing going for it, as the story is the same archetype we've heard our whole lives and the acting and dialogue as a whole was corny. The one thing I mean is animation. And then Disney missed their mistake when Elsa flippedFrozen had only one thing going for it, as the story is the same archetype we've heard our whole lives and the acting and dialogue as a whole was corny. The one thing I mean is animation. And then Disney missed their mistake when Elsa flipped her hair in a way physically impossible unless there's a giant whole in her shoulder. So ya, 6/10 because it had mostly decent animation. Expand
diegonelliSep 13, 2015
I think that the film is nice, but people think is woooow the best film, it's normal. I watched it at the cinema on Jan 2014 and I laughed many times because it's funny, but it's a film I would see once.
CriticFerJun 25, 2016
Many do not understand why they loved this film when they know that is another cliche movie princesses. The script was a little mediocre and there are some pointless scenes. It has good animation, good characters, some good songs, good comedyMany do not understand why they loved this film when they know that is another cliche movie princesses. The script was a little mediocre and there are some pointless scenes. It has good animation, good characters, some good songs, good comedy and production design, but I do not think that is the great masterpiece that everyone spoke. Frozen is not "The Best Animated Film of 2013", but is enjoyble for kids, girls and probably adults. Expand
HideybearOct 30, 2015
Good movie and the animation was good too but there were too many songs in the movie and I think they should take out one. +1 for the snowman too because it was very funny!
SomePersonaFeb 9, 2017
This movie just felt very uninspired when I first watched it; it really felt like they just put in whatever the audience wanted in the screenplay and complimented it with a great soundtrack and great animation. It really falls flat,This movie just felt very uninspired when I first watched it; it really felt like they just put in whatever the audience wanted in the screenplay and complimented it with a great soundtrack and great animation. It really falls flat, especially in the third act where the movie is at its ultimate worst. The voice acting is okay, especially since the characters are already so unoriginal. Expand