7.7

1. Nov 27, 2013
    Frozen is fantastic. Flawless animation and terrific songs combine to make it the best Disney movie in a decade, as well as one of the funniest. This is one I will watch over and over.
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    While we all love Disney and the happiness it brings to everyone, sometimes it over-shows ideals to young girls that might not come true in reality. "Frozen" addresses the meaning of love right from the start, with an adult Anna, who being separated from reality for her entire life has no idea what love truly means. .As an avid Disney fan, and as someone with two sisters, this is a movieWhile we all love Disney and the happiness it brings to everyone, sometimes it over-shows ideals to young girls that might not come true in reality. "Frozen" addresses the meaning of love right from the start, with an adult Anna, who being separated from reality for her entire life has no idea what love truly means. .As an avid Disney fan, and as someone with two sisters, this is a movie that people of all ages will love to see. Expand
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    Having loved Tangled, and seeing all those glowing reviews for Frozen I fully expected to enjoy this one, but alas I was severely let down by it.

I have two major problems with Frozen: the story and the characters. Simply put, they're mediocre. Where Tangled had a very funny and well developed heroin, Frozen tries to juggle two heroins and fails miserably at it. None of them end up

Where Tangled had a very funny and well developed heroin, Frozen tries to juggle two heroins and fails miserably at it. None of them end up being developed at all, they come across as very generic and forgettable, which is not what you would want in a movie centered on characters. Same thing with the supporting characters, all very bland and generic except for Olaf, he's hilarious.

Next the story, it's an absolute mess. In the first 20 mins, we experience three major dramatic moments and a 15 year time jump. Only to then have the rest of the movie with NOTHING going on until the last 20 mins. There's also zero world building, we see nothing of the world or the people inhabiting it, whereas in Tangled we did get to travel across the world and go on an exciting adventure with our characters. Here we see a castle and a mountain, and that's it. The themes of the story are also muddled and don't come through at all like in Brave for example.

In the end Frozen felt rushed, unfocused and boring. A major step backward for Disney.
  4. Nov 10, 2014
    Despite its conclusion which doesn't reach its potential,Frozen remains a rock solid addition to the Disney canon with a handful of memorable songs, interesting characters and a refreshing tale of love.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've read some critics of the movie and I must say there's a bit of everything here. It's true that the constant singing gets annoying after a while, but there's actually a lot of merit with the villain turning out to be prince Hans. Plus, the love between Anna and Kristoff doesn't get to be the most important relationship in the movie which is quite an achievement for Disney movies. At the end, the little princess and the ice trader end up being just a normal couple which will not necessarily become a marriage. So, despite the recoil with the singing, this movie brings a lot of new things, and breaks with many of Disney's patterns. A great movie without doubt. Expand
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    Stunning exploding-ice visuals that renew your faith in computer animation. Soul-rousing musical numbers that you've likely heard at least one hundred times already. A compelling story that sends an honest message about the nature of love. Quite possible Disney's best movie yet (Not counting Pixar). Well done.
  7. Apr 27, 2014
    Not a fan of Disney films or musicals, so this was a surprise. Great visuals, animation, humor, and soundtrack. Right up there with Wall-E. Highly recommend.
  8. May 6, 2014
    Overall it was a decent Disney movie that I believe will become a Disney classic. The only issue I really had was there was too much singing but besides that it was a great movie. Great plot that kept you involved until the end. This movie shows the power of Disney and how relevant they still are. Even though there are too many songs I still believe the song choice is great. BesidesOverall it was a decent Disney movie that I believe will become a Disney classic. The only issue I really had was there was too much singing but besides that it was a great movie. Great plot that kept you involved until the end. This movie shows the power of Disney and how relevant they still are. Even though there are too many songs I still believe the song choice is great. Besides all that this movie has a great comic twist that is regressing to the movie itself. Not the best Disney movie but one that will go down as a classic. Expand
  9. May 13, 2014
    The theme of Treason in Disney Frozen - A major imporatance.

The theme of Treason in Disney Frozen - A major imporatance.

Among others, Treason is a major theme of the movie. It has a tad of importance in bringing tension to the story. It is the gateway used to captivate and avails the audience attention. There are three main causes of treason in Frozen; Elsa’s ambiguous treason to the sisterly love between her and Anna, Arendelle’s miscomprehension of Elsa’s attitude, and Hans’s treason towards Anna.

The first impression of treason in Frozen plays an important part by which the story unfolds to the climax as it helps the audience to better understand Elsa’s fear, overprotective character and personality. It happens at the end of the coronation day when Elsa neglects Anna’s pretense of true love and asks her to leave Arendelle. At this moment, we are able to better understand the gap in the relation they share since Anna’s childhood accident. This is in fact the result of the translucent but real love that Elsa has for her younger sister. Her excessive want of protecting Anna from her powers makes her the reckless, inappropriate and non-caring sister for Anna especially at this moment of the film.

The most important act of treason which hovers around the climax of the movie though is Arendelle’s miscomprehension and reject of their newly coronated Queen whom they consider as a terrible monster and threat for the Kingdom. The way Arendelle responds to Elsa adds up to her fear which causes her to escape the Kingdom, to settle and alone herself on the North Mountains where she believes to be free and evacuates her long concealed fear. This feeling of treason continues to exist till the end of the sequel when she is imprisoned and sentence to death by Prince Hans.

Further in treason, Hans clearly shows his real motivation of loving Anna when he refuses to kiss the latter in hope that she will die since she has been struck to the heart by Elsa. By this means would make him heir, hope and King of Arendelle. This act of treason helps to expand before its conclusion one of the major theme which is Love. It gives much more meaning to Anna and Hans’ song “Love Is An Open Door.” Anna’s quest for affectionate love and Hans’ who seeks only in establishing himself in a Kingdom completely outmatch the audiences’ hope of true love one might thing the two of them would be sharing. Hans’s treason also provides scope for the newly discovered but early developing true love between Kristoff and Anna.

Treason is not only a theme which covers the plot but also an important feature which makes the conclusion of the movie much more beautiful as it is said that “Love will thaw.” Certainly, at the end Love prevails upon treason which seems more like a mere oblivion in the conclusion of the movie.
  10. May 30, 2014
    Let It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updatesLet It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updates the Disney formula to the modern age..the princesses are definetelly more independent, not relying on their Prince Charming to save the day. Great entertainment. Expand
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    Many of the movies I saw in 2013 were epic Sci-Fi adventures, with battles and stuff. Even though I saw Frozen in April (and have been obsessed with it ever since), I still count it as 2013. But anyway, the music was amazing, Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel were beautiful, and...yeah, that concludes it.

By the way, did I mention I loved Kristen Bell's performances?
  12. Jul 22, 2014
    All I got to say, watch this movie. You will not regret it. The songs are great, the characters are great, the story is one of Disney's best and the animation in smooth and nicely styled like Pixar movies. It sure teaches little girls not to be blind about love and such. Not going to spoil anything though. And for the first time in forever, you should watch this movie.
  13. Sep 5, 2014
    I didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie itsI didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie its probably the best I've ever seen this movie would be worth watching just to see how visually impressive it is Elsa is probably the prettiest of all the Disney princesses and the most unique making her my favorite of the Disney female characters overall Frozen is my favorite animated film and gets a very rare 10. Expand
  14. Oct 12, 2014
    Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level.Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level. Unlike most musicals, there was not an overuse of songs. In fact, they were strategically placed to evenly break up the movie. Also, it was easy to follow the plot line, without being predictable. Through out the entire movie, your interest is captured. Although Frozen had an intended audience for children, when people saw the movie it was hard not to fall in love with the characters and the message of sisterhood.

This movie revamped the term “princess” by giving us two independent and headstrong young ladies. Sisters Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, were in conflict for a majority of the movie. By making the journey of these two princesses the main focus, Buck and Lee made the movie less about the romantic aspect between Elsa and Hans, voiced by Santino Fontana, which I think puts a refreshing spin on Disney movies. Instead of creating another movie about a princess needing a hero to rescue her, we have been given an animated film where the princess saves not only herself, but her sister and the city of Arendelle as well.

While Frozen did teach the audience about the love between sisters, it also sent out an important message about self-acceptance. Throughout the movie, Elsa struggled to come to terms with who she truly was. She was so afraid of anyone knowing the truth about her icy powers that she shut out her friends and family. Anna strived to prove to Elsa that she can conquer what she thinks is impossible. She made Elsa feel like she had someone on her side no matter what happened. This sent a very powerful message to the audience, especially for children at an impressionable age; everyone should learn to accept who they truly are because to live a life in hiding is not a good one.

People of any age could enjoy Frozen. The intended audience for this film was for children, but many teenagers and adults have found this move in their hearts. For the children in the audience, Frozen was a magical movie with fun songs to sing along to and clumsy characters, like Olaf, to laugh at. This movie also taped into the older generations’ childhood and their love for Disney movies. Anyone who loved Disney movies as a child could have seen this movie and been brought back to that time in their life. As for the adults with children, it was hard not to love a movie that taught the importance of family and self-acceptance.

Major criticism for this movie was that the songs were not inspiring and did not leave a memorable impression. I disagree. I found that the songs were catchy, fun, and easy to sing along to. The songs varied in topics, moods, and messages. Some songs rhymed, others did not, but all contained remarkable lyrics. With such a wide variety, at least one song could of found its way stuck inside someone’s head. Going beyond what the songs were about, the placement of these songs played a huge role in the success of them. Each song was carefully placed in order to break up key moments in the movie. Without any of these memorable songs, especially “Let It Go” by Idina Menzel, this movie would not have reached it’s full potential.

Another major criticism for this movie was that Olaf, the talking snowman voiced by Josh Grad, was an extraneous character and did not add to the plot and was therefor useless. Olaf’s role in the movie was very legitimate and necessary. When Anna first came across Olaf, she was looking for her sister in the mountains. Since Olaf was a native of the land, he helped her find the way. For the rest of the movie he was her friend and helped her save Arendelle. He was no more important that Rajah for Jasmine or Flounder for Ariel; they were characters that became the princess’ companion and helped guide them along. Olaf also added a humorous element to the movie; he was by far the most comical character and brought a necessary element that none of the other characters could provide- innocence. He was childish at heart, and therefor had a major impact in the mood of the story. Whenever something started to become too serious, Olaf jumped in and automatically brought the story back to what the audience can relate to. Without Olaf, the movie would of felt very incomplete.

Overall, the directors and the voices behind the characters did a great job with this Disney film. The fact that this was a non-traditional princess movie is what set it apart from the rest. This movie can bring a smile to anyone’s face, regardless of age. Frozen had all of the qualities of a 5-star movie: catchy songs, powerful messages, and personable characters.
  15. Oct 14, 2014
    A bit boring and pointless, the songs were sort of annoying. Although, the voices and the animation: brilliant! I would say this is an Okay movie! A great role model for kids, too!
  16. TSW
    Oct 28, 2014
    How do people like this film?! The character for Disney standard are abysmal. The humour is gross and trashy! And Let it go isn't good, it's incredibly annoying and teaches kids nothing!
  17. Feb 19, 2015
    This movie is ok, but some parts were just horrible. The worst line: Hey we just met, let's get married. I was like "bulls***!" I was like what the crap is with this we just met let's get married business?
  18. Dec 1, 2013
    "Frozen" is a fantastic story about two sisters and the power of the love between them. It is about letting go, being yourself, and having faith in someone even though they don’t have faith in themselves. All great messages for people to live by. The themes and moral are handled well through the film and not once does it become preachy or grating.

The film is superbly directed with

The film is superbly directed with great attention to the script and character development. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee keep us on our toes by slipping in some smart humor and just as intelligently placed moments of true emotions. The film is paced pretty well, but in certain key moments, particularly the ending, it tends to rush through it. However, it’s not rushed in a jarring way, but I did wish the film would slow down at certain points. A sharp script gives us well rounded characters and themes that we can all learn from. The two leads are given equal attention to and their relationship is handled incredibly well, especially in the intro of the film. The beginning of the film does a great job of introducing the characters and setting up their relationship. I was literally tearing up because of how real and honest the bond between the sisters were in the beginning and throughout the rest of the movie.

Characters are great in this film. Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, is one of the two leads. She’s probably the most awkward and quirky Disney princess we’ve ever had. She’s a bit of a spazz, always tripping or bumping into things and fumbling over her words when she’s nervous. It’s quite cute and a joy to watch such an honest and real character. A lot of her flightiness comes from her being sheltered in a castle for such a long time with little interaction with other people. However, she’s also determined and very open to meeting new people and helping her friends. Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, the other lead is the complete opposite of Anna. She’s more reserved and her actions are always calculated to a tee. She has magical powers, but due to an incident that happened when she was younger, she fears that people will loath her for her gift. She doesn’t talk as much and usually prefers to be alone. The relationship between the two is really the highlight and it is heart breaking to see them rift away. One last character that I want to mention is Olaf. This character is probably the most worrisome part about the film for most people as Disney can sometimes be hit or miss with their side characters. However, here we have a huge hit with Olaf. He’s a bit oblivious, but he’s also incredibly likable and sweet. He gets some of the best lines in the movie and he’s just a joy to watch because he doesn’t try to steal the spot light from what’s actually important. The rest of the characters are great and defined very well.

The animation in the film is gorgeous. The characters move fluidly and the expressions on their faces are where some of the most intense emotions of the film come from. Elsa’s magical powers are used well and there is both beauty and danger to it. The colors are vibrant and the use of blues and other colder colors really makes us feel the chills of the eternal winter.

Like many classic Disney movies, this one is also a musical and a great one at that. The musical numbers are some of the best since the 90s films. Robert and Kristen Lopez did an amazing job with the soundtrack. The songs range from ballads to showstoppers to sincere to fun, but not one song feels out of place or stops the movies progression. My two favorite songs are “For the First Time In Forever” and “Let It Go,” both are powerful ballads that really give us a sense of what the characters are like and what they want. “For the First Time In Forever” is a duet between Anna and Elsa. I enjoy the contrasting lyrics as Anna is excited and Elsa is more afraid of her inauguration. “Let It Go” is the big showstopping ballad about Elsa, finally liberating herself from her frustrations. Idina Menzels’s voice is so powerful that I had goosebumps by the end of it. The rest of the songs are great as well and quite memorable with strong lyrics and powerful accompanying music. I bet you’ll be humming and singing the songs long after watching the film.

Overall, “Frozen” is a magnificent film filled with gorgeous animation, relatable and well-defined characters, toe tapping music, and a story that will melt even the coldest of hearts. Some people might be upset that their isn’t a strong central villain in this film, but I think it is a plus because then we can focus on the struggles and strains between Anna and Elsa. It is easily the best animated film of 2013 and a future classic that we’ll all watch over and over again. I give it 4.5/5, beautiful movie from start to finish.
  19. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is exactly what a Disney film should be, cheesy, cute, beautiful and charismatic with a collection of fantastically catchy songs, lovable characters and a moral at the end.
    It's a refreshing plot with a satisfying ending and though i went into the movie fearing the worst considering recent animated films that have come out, i was happily shown i had nothing to fear.
    I love Disney, but i have to say this is perhaps their best musical film since Beauty and the Beast and i can easily see it becoming a classic.
    Whether you have kids, are a kid, or just have a kid in your heart you need to see this film.

Couple of notes, this film is stunning to look at, with some of the best digital snow you'll ever see. Also the character models are wonderful managing the style of Disney whilst looking like completely original designs. The casting is phenomenal with no weak performances to be found.

THIS IS WHERE THE SPOILERS KICK IN:

People have written some negative reviews challenging these aspects of the plot and i want to put right what they said.

Elsa is not cursed, she was born with her magic, it is never 'explained' because no one in the film understands it themselves. The simple fact is the worlds that Disney create are magical.

Also Elsa does not ignore her sister for no reason, she distances herself to avoid hurting her again like she does at the start of the film.

Of course there are small plot holes around the place, but none that in any way effect the enjoyment of the film.

The ONE complaint i have is that they didn't utilize having Jonathon Groff in the film nearly enough, give him more songs!!!!
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    Frozen is Disney's best animated movie since The Lion King with its refreshing musical numbers, funny yet touching script and its likable characters.o
  21. Nov 28, 2013
    What is perfect about "Frozen" is that it brings back the classic Disney Magic, phenomenal music and great script that warms the heart. The opening song immediately grabs audiences attention, similarly the same effect as in "The Lion King." The soundtrack is flawless, the characters are fun and relatable and the overall design is stunning.
  22. Jan 19, 2014
    Quite possibly the best regular Disney movie ever made. This is a groundbreaking movie for Disney and not only is the story fun and creative, but the music is amazing itself. You may find yourself singing the songs long after you've left the theater.
  23. Jan 21, 2014
    It is an amazing movie for any age. Good story, good characters, and amazing songs. Notice how every single bad review about this movie has been about it being a "musical". Personally I loved every song and think they were beautifully done. Not to mention that the animations for the movie are amazing. As an 18 year old male I can honestly say that I loved the move and would love to see itIt is an amazing movie for any age. Good story, good characters, and amazing songs. Notice how every single bad review about this movie has been about it being a "musical". Personally I loved every song and think they were beautifully done. Not to mention that the animations for the movie are amazing. As an 18 year old male I can honestly say that I loved the move and would love to see it again before it leaves theaters. Expand
  24. Dec 10, 2013
    I thought Frozen was a great experience in the cinema. The journey that Elsa and Anna go through is worthwhile trip after an arguably shaky first twenty minutes

Once it gets going it really takes off my two daughters (4 & 7) were transfixed throughout and discussed the sisters on the long journey home For my own tastes, I thought some of the musical numbers were a bit average

For my own tastes, I thought some of the musical numbers were a bit average (although a couple of great ones) but I can't remember the last time I was so entranced by truly wonderful animation
  25. dtl
    Dec 12, 2013
    One of the two best movies I've seen in quite a while (along with Catching Fire). It has spectacular visuals down to even the most minute details. The story was very well focused, without seeming rushed. The jokes were funny, but used in proper moderation. The voice acting perfectly conveyed the emotions of the piece, and so did the animation. The songs were frequently amazing, especiallyOne of the two best movies I've seen in quite a while (along with Catching Fire). It has spectacular visuals down to even the most minute details. The story was very well focused, without seeming rushed. The jokes were funny, but used in proper moderation. The voice acting perfectly conveyed the emotions of the piece, and so did the animation. The songs were frequently amazing, especially when Idina Menzel sang, but Kristen Bell did a shockingly good job singing as well. I loved both of them as fitting their characters as well. Elsa (Idina) and Anna (Kristen) are two of my favorite characters in an animated movie ever.

I only expected to see a pretty good movie, but even if I had sky high expectations, it would have exceeded them. This movie restores my faith in Disney's animated movies. I really can't say enough good things about it. Watch this movie.
  26. Dec 14, 2013
    Like vintage mythical animations of Disney had done, Frozen will gift a fond memory for audience long after they leave the cinema. It's filled with stuffs childhood memory is made of; loveable characters, witty humor, great soundtracks and pleasant graphic. A few 3D animations have seen success with the newer technology, but Frozen tops them all with near magical feel which is almostLike vintage mythical animations of Disney had done, Frozen will gift a fond memory for audience long after they leave the cinema. It's filled with stuffs childhood memory is made of; loveable characters, witty humor, great soundtracks and pleasant graphic. A few 3D animations have seen success with the newer technology, but Frozen tops them all with near magical feel which is almost forgotten in recent years. This is one movie that everyone, despite age and preference, can universally enjoy.

The art has certain Disney aesthetic look; it's the best fusion of the old 2D nuance in 3D setting they've created so far. Games and other movies have superior graphic prowess, but there's something subtly captivating about Frozen's art direction. With plenty purplish azure dye in the transparent ice and quite elaborate designs in its detail, it's easy to appreciate the soft yet intricate wintery nature. The use of 3D effect helps the surreal environment, as the movie progresses the visual adapts to its tricky details, such as the falling snow, into astute part of the story. Its ice castle and vast snowy plain give feeling of majesty and also a hint of loneliness.

Characters are simply loveable. Anna, the younger princess, is seriously lacking grace, but her brash and naive demeanor will surely captivate audience. She's downright adorable; it's a near impossible feat not to cheer for her. Elsa, the older one, is more mature and restricted. Her character has the most self-doubt and sadness; in a way the movie is about finding one self and acceptance from others, two things that might not go hand in hand, Elsa embodies the struggle perfectly. It's not often there are two princesses involved, however they have their own expressive personalities and their sisterhood bond is an uncanny delight.

Kristoff as the rugged stud provides some chuckles and rather odd pauper prince role. He appears to have the most common sense and it's pretty funny to see him interact with odder characters. Sven, the reindeer, and Olaf, the magical little snow man, have plenty of humor amongst them. Disney always has the humor relief role, this time the honor goes to Olaf, who is ridiculously naive down to a life threatening fault. His lines are full of puns, out of place clichés and awkward impeccable timing. He delivers more laughs than I expected his corny appearance could do.

The writing is absolutely superb, both for the tender moments, the humorous ones and also the musical soundtracks. Songs are beautifully made, they fit the moments amazingly and the cast deliver fantastic job performing them. It's been a while since an animated movie with such excellent heartwarming story, memorable characters and brilliant artwork grace the theater. If one compares Frozen to Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan or any other Disney classics, they wouldn't be wrong.

Frozen is a timeless journey.
  27. Dec 20, 2013
    Somehow Disney has made a throwback movie that felt both new and a classic at the same time. I was impressed with the simple nature of the characters and the heartfelt storyline. Although the scope gets rather big at the end, what I really liked about this movie was the absence of a truly evil main character. Having a character that is pure evil, driving the plot, often removes theSomehow Disney has made a throwback movie that felt both new and a classic at the same time. I was impressed with the simple nature of the characters and the heartfelt storyline. Although the scope gets rather big at the end, what I really liked about this movie was the absence of a truly evil main character. Having a character that is pure evil, driving the plot, often removes the feeling of hope and warmth that comes through clearly in Frozen. This is a great movie for all ages, fun, beautiful to watch and wonderful songs to top it off. Expand
  28. Dec 21, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of animated movies, and gone to cinema because friend told me so but I'm actually grateful.
    It's one of the best things I've seen ever. It deals with freedom, or rather lack of it, love, fear, loneliness, and duty. It's terrifingly deep even for disney.
    Moreover, a lot of great humor, catching songs, great visuals, and really, really good 3D effects. Full 10/10 I'd
    Full 10/10 I'd not change a thing in it. Watch it, you won't regret these few bucks.
  29. Dec 26, 2013
    Great animation and music, wonderful story. The song "Let It Go" is powerful and moving. This wasn't my first choice when my wife were deciding which movie to go to but I'm glad I saw it. Thoroughly enjoyable.
  30. Dec 30, 2013
    Long time since I got this kind of Disney feeling from a movie. Great animation, music, songs, characters, and overall atmosphere and character development.
  31. Jan 1, 2014
    A charming, delightful movie. Not in the same league as Beauty and Beast (what animated movie is?) but a solid addition to the Disney canon, which continues an interesting evolution in their approach.

The plot is little weak, but the characters are fine and the songs are good to excellent. Kristin Bell's Anna is a tsunami of adorableness I hope to see a lot more animation voice work

Kristin Bell's Anna is a tsunami of adorableness I hope to see a lot more animation voice work from her.

Her character has a delightful song-and-dance number early on that is staged exactly like in a 1940s romantic comedy (I suspect it was actually performed that way live and shot in motion capture).

One bit that is extremely effective, but also an obviously calculated central element of the project, was Idina Menzel's Elsa delivering a knock-em dead, show stopping, power ballad "Let it Go". The parallels to her "Defying Gravity" in Wicked are blatant, the theme of the song is identical (a magical girl deciding not to hide her power any longer and let the chips fall as they may). Clearly the whole project was built around her and this song.

But if you don't see the movie watch "Let it Go" on YouTube. Its that good.

Disney's evolution away from the old-fashioned (and tired, out-dated) girl-seeking-true-love story line continues. In Brave we saw the princess reject the need for romance (at least, right away). Here they tease and confuse the audience with TWO possible love interests for Anna, while in the end going in an entirely different, and emotionally satisfying direction.

The goofy animated snowman Olaf, whom I had sort of dreaded from the promotions, turned out to be delightful with a very funny song, and the source of some good lines from other characters.

(The Mickey Mouse short before the film... ran too long. Once the 3-D gimmick was revealed it got old fast, very fast, with a surprisingly unimaginative stagnant repetitive action sequence. I hope these shorts become standard with the regular feature, there are few showcases for short films, but I hope in the future they are up to the standard of the positively stellar Paper Man.)
  32. Jan 2, 2014
    Excellent. The soundtrack was very memorable, the humor was well done and didn't detract from the plot, and the story was great. What more can be said? Disney has finally remembered how to make a good movie. Highly recommend this.
  33. Jan 12, 2014
    'Frozen' reminds you of what cinema is about: an original, dramatic story, loveable characters who almost come to life and beautiful images that make you wish you were there.
    argonautis.eu
  34. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen oozes with fancy computer generated imaging and high detail close ups of crystal snowflakes. The amount of eye candy in this movie explodes as even the minute of details can be seen. Viewers will be in for a ride as Disney takes its watchers on a journey to a Scandinavian world where Princess / Queen Elsa has insurmountable power to create objects out of thin air with snow and ice but becomes lonesome and isolated due to her gifts and Princess Anna who can be seen as the cheerful gullible type that turns into a brave heroine.

The movie has a number of songs that makes Frozen a musical. They set the tone very well between the growing up scene of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman", to the fun and lackadaisical "In Summer" sang by Olaf. As well thought out as the pieces go, there were several places in the movie where the song's execution were awkwardly put in. Some examples of this would be when Anna reaches the ice castle and where it was a serious confrontation only to be changed forcibly by the introduction of a song. Those moments of confrontations where it should further develop the plot were stained by some of the song pieces. Otherwise, the vast majority of songs and their placements were well executed.

The story was also a nice change in pace from the modern Disney franchise movies. The movie sets a good tone that family, specifically sisterhood, is the most powerful force of all that can get through any hardships. If there was anything that can be felt out of equilibrium it would be the beginning wahere it felt rushed to establish why Elsa / Anna never grew up together for the vast majority of their childhood. The plot twists weren't that surprisingly and many scenes were "Disney-fied" (i.e.- person X doesn't get murdered even though they tried to murder person Y, or an impossible event happen where someone shouldn't be able to survive, survives). Overall it was still a very entertaining story.

Frozen tops the chart of many modern animation movies. It excels not only in its graphical fidelity and the story telling; albeit, a little rough on some areas. It was still an excellent movie that shouldn't be missed on the 4K digital screens of movie theaters or IMAX/3D. Parsimony gives this movie a 9/10.
  35. Jan 12, 2014
    This movie was just...wow. Everything is simply perfect. The music is phenomenal, the voice-acting and singing is top-notch, the animation is incredible, there's a huge plot twist towards the end you won't see coming, and it's simply one of the most hilarious movies I've watched in the past 5 years. There's really not much else to say other than "go see it as soon as you can". I don't careThis movie was just...wow. Everything is simply perfect. The music is phenomenal, the voice-acting and singing is top-notch, the animation is incredible, there's a huge plot twist towards the end you won't see coming, and it's simply one of the most hilarious movies I've watched in the past 5 years. There's really not much else to say other than "go see it as soon as you can". I don't care how old you are; this movie is a must-see. Expand
  36. Jan 18, 2014
    Beautiful animation, a masterpiece. A very unique plot that is not cliche at all. The soundtrack is also fantastic! Disney has produced another ageless film!
  37. Dec 30, 2013
    Frozen is a solid step forward for Disney with a strong plot, great characters, memorable songs, and impressive animation despite its reserved climax.
  38. Dec 1, 2013
    I loved this movie & when I saw it I just had to write a review about. You can honestly go see this movie by yourself like I did or take your kids Either wa y you'll enjoy it and its amazing graphics. Not to mention the funny moments.
  39. Dec 3, 2013
    Disney has really out done themselves with this movie. Hands down one of the best films in a very long time from the studio. In my opinion, way better then The Lion King. One of the best animated films ever, really one of the best films of all time.
  40. Jan 10, 2014
    Simply a stunning movie! Easily the best Disney movie this decade. The animations are so well done and the songs are not forced and sound delightful. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell both did phenomenal jobs voice acting Elsa and Anna. Josh Gad's character Olaf, also added a nice infusion of comedy into this amazing movie.
  41. Dec 8, 2013
    Best Show of the Year. I can't blame those people who dislike this movie but this a message for those who dislike FROZEN is that they are trying to make it possible for kids and adults.
  42. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The prologue of the movie is the best piece of cinema in quite some time. It is well-paced, conveys lots of information to set up the story, and is a rollercoaster of emotions. Elsa injured Anna, Anna's memories erased, Elsa have to conceal her powers, the sisters grows apart, Elsa losing control of her powers, Anna growing lonely, their parents died; all that plot points happened in around FIVE minutes! and then there's that amazing music behind the sequence that made the experience so much better.

The animation is great, it's an improvement since Tangled and Wreck It Ralph. The voices were great. The music is great, some of the songs are really good (some layered with subtext which you could only understand on a second viewing), while some I just thought is a bit unnecessary.

The biggest problem of this movie is the inconsistency in quality. The first 30 mins of this movie is just superb, while the rest of the movie just couldn't live up to the expectations set by them. (Don't worry, they're still good; just not THAT good.) The beginning of a movie is supposed to set the tone of the entire movie; the first half hour is fast-paced, serious, dramatic, and wonderful, then you go from that to basically just two people walking in the snow. (I'll have to admit that I may be a bit biased on this, as I'm more concerned about Elsa than Anna; her story/character is just more interesting.) Also, due to the dramatic tone set by the beginning of the movie, some comedy (like Olaf's, even though how funny he is) feels a bit out of place.

Anyway, great movie. A bit inconsistent in quality/tone in some parts, but overall pretty good. The songs are really good and I end up listening to the soundtrack a lot soon after watching the movie.
  43. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie beautifully reflects elements of classic Disney movies, yet it also has that modern feel to it. Unlike many other Disney films, this one doesn't focus on fairytales or romance instead it focuses on more relatable and modern topics, such as fear, betrayal and family. The casting choices were amazing, and major props go to Idina Menzel, who steals the spotlight with her Broadway experience. I haven't seen a movie that I loved this much in YEARS.
    The music is beyond incredible rather than having the music there as an underscore, they add another dimension to the film. Having said that, "Let It Go" is undoubtedly the most beautiful moment in the film, when one of the film's protagonists finally accepts herself as who she is. Those disliking the input of music need to go and watch The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast; these movies along with Frozen are true Disney classics.
    Frozen will cater for all ages, and I highly recommend it.
  44. Jan 9, 2014
    Lovely, funny and solid. Includes animation and songs that combined make this movie one of the greatest in animation. Personally, I really appreciated Elsa's paper during the film. It just shows what Disney is all about.
  45. Jan 12, 2014
    Disney animation has done it again. Frozen is easily the best animation of 2013 and with Wreck-it Ralph from last year Disney not Pixar gets top billing. A
  46. Jan 19, 2014
    This movie is a magical, humorous, adventure that keeps the viewer usually at the edge of their seat. The songs are breathtaking and some are inspiring such as Let It Go. The characters are made with amazing qualities (Except Hans and such), this is the best Disney Movie ever made since the Lion King. And, it teaches you that you don't always need a man's help, just remember to hold on toThis movie is a magical, humorous, adventure that keeps the viewer usually at the edge of their seat. The songs are breathtaking and some are inspiring such as Let It Go. The characters are made with amazing qualities (Except Hans and such), this is the best Disney Movie ever made since the Lion King. And, it teaches you that you don't always need a man's help, just remember to hold on to your sister. You never know when she may leave. Expand
  47. Feb 1, 2014
    This is actually one of my favourite movies of the year. The music is some of the best Disney music since the Lion King the animation is beautiful and there's many lovable characters. Please go and see it.
  48. Feb 3, 2014
    制作精良的动画音乐佳作,场景设计都很漂亮,歌都很棒,Let It Go百听不厌,故事虽然平庸了些但不影响这部影片的出色,冰雪特效做得很厉害,登峰造极的水准。
  49. Aug 14, 2014
    This movie is so overrated. The pilot make me confuse. I just don't get it: how did Elsa get her power, how can the rocky -thingies talk and have magical power , why can Olaf talk. This movie is all about the music.
  50. Nov 27, 2013
    Amazing animation, music, songs, characters, and story...all top notch.

Disney Renaissance 2.0

This film along with Tangled seals it. Disney is definitely back. Looks like a new generation gets to experience what the 90's brought us from the studio.
  51. Dec 5, 2013
    One of Disney's better "princess movies". The story is more interesting than most and, although everything is indeed set right in the end by "true love", it's not the true love you typically expect. The animation and 3-D effects are outstanding. The only weak spot was the score; the lyrics and melodies did not stay with me (unlike say The Little Mermaid).

My grandchildren (boys 7 and 9,

My grandchildren (boys 7 and 9, girl 14), my wife, and I all loved it. The grandchildren cannot stop talking about it. If you have children or grandchildren of an appropriate age, or if you just like good animation, I recommend Frozen very highly.
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    This movie restored my faith in animation.

This movie restored my faith in animation.

Before actually seeing the movie, I thought it was going to be a dumb flick about a snowman, just like every other pandering kids movie that has reared its ugly head lately. Thankfully, the advertisements were very inaccurate. Frozen follows the tale of two compelling and relatable sisters who are both struck by chaos when the older sister, Elsa accidentally freezes over the country with her ice powers. The younger sister, Ana, goes to break the curse and reunite with her sister.

Everything about this movie hits the right chords with me. There are nostalgic nods to previous Disney movies through subtle pieces of background music and through the animation itself. It also provides fantastic musical numbers that perfectly convey the tone they try to provide. While I'm more of a 2-D animation fan, this movie perfectly displays what can be done in a 3-D structure that couldn't be done in a 2-D movie.
  53. Mar 4, 2014
    Frozen is an enjoyable romp that left me feeling a bit empty. After watching it for the first time, I had difficulty pinning down what exactly the source of that feeling was but I did know that it didn't feel like a Disney movie. Upon a second viewing I confirmed suspicions and found other problems.

I think the language used by the characters would have been enough to prevent the film from becoming a classic. The characters speak with a lot of modern colloquialisms, particularly in the first half of the film, which really grates at times. For some reason the writers at Disney have decided that to have a ditzy, innocent female protagonist they have to start her off as an annoying tween. I understand that you want your audience to identify with the characters but it doesn't fit the setting and comes off as forced.

The Musical numbers are good but really lack the timeless quality of the Disney Renaissance musical numbers, in no small part because of the language but also due to having a young feel about them that I associate with some recent Broadway musicals. It's all very high energy, lacking the climaxes and the feeling of deliberate, thought-out pacing leaving the songs feeling a little forced. "Let it Go" has rightfully been getting praise and is definitely the highpoint of the score but even it fails to live up to the scores of "The Little Mermaid" through "The Lion King".

This leads into the problem of pacing with the film in general, the film feels a bit frenetic. It throws in jokes wherever it can, much like Fox Animation and Dreamworks tend to, interrupting the scene it's trying to build. Olaf in particular simply destroys dramatic tension and pacing. That isn't to say that he brings in humor to take the edge off when things might be getting to intense for kids, he incessantly interrupts the process of building tension. Olaf seems to generally be a love or hate character, my girlfriend thought he was the best part of the movie and was less impressed with the film than I was. I simply felt that he was extraneous, Sven provides just the right amount of slapstick by himself and goofy characters and gags are liberally sprinkled in to create more than enough humor without an extra comedic sidekick.

Onto what the movie does really well, CGI. The movie is absolutely gorgeous. Characters are extremely emotive and the snow magic is breathtaking. The imagery of "Let it Go" was amazing and exciting. Watching Elsa explore her powers was a ton of fun and was excellently combined with the musical number. The fight scene with the snow monster was the height of the films animation. Movement was fluid, characters were full of emotion, and tension oozed out of the screen when it wasn't leaving you breathless from action.

There is something that itches about some of Elsa's animations though, I'm not sure if she reminds me of a character from something else or if her facial animations approach the uncanny valley at times but I get this uncomfortable feeling that she's from a direct to DVD movie at times and not because it's bad animation.

I fully recommend Frozen to families with children up to their tweens and to Broadway fans, especially younger ones. Don't go into Frozen expecting a classic Disney musical or another Wreck it Ralph and you'll be fine.
  54. Nov 30, 2013
    An amazing addition to the Disney movie collection. With love, betrayal, humor, and a fantastic soundtrack. The plot-twist leaves you wanting to yell at the screen and throw a fit. Absolutely flawless.
  55. Jan 4, 2014
    Frozen is a great movie, the visuals are amazing, the story are not so predictable, the movie surprised me, and it's very fun, a great movie, the songs are great, it's one of the best animations movie that I have ever seen.
  56. Dec 11, 2013
    Great movie. I especially loved the twist at the end. Disney sure has their together in the animated movie department. I never write reviews for movies, and this is the first movie that has compelled me to write a review because it was THAT good.
  57. Dec 28, 2013
    The early marketing made me think that Frozen was just a cash grab for Disney. While I thought the clip with the snowman and the reindeer was funny, it felt like Disney was making a B-Grade animation that would be good for kids, but no one else. Then the full trailers came out, and I heard the musical numbers, and I got a taste for the story, and suddenly, I was hooked. I could not waitThe early marketing made me think that Frozen was just a cash grab for Disney. While I thought the clip with the snowman and the reindeer was funny, it felt like Disney was making a B-Grade animation that would be good for kids, but no one else. Then the full trailers came out, and I heard the musical numbers, and I got a taste for the story, and suddenly, I was hooked. I could not wait for this movie.

The first two acts of this movie were amazing. I was brought into the world of Arendelle, and into the lives of estranged sisters Anna and Elsa, whom were compelling enough for me to really care about them, and what happens to them. The song "The First Time in Forever" really stood out to me as one of the highlights of the movie, but the real show stopper was the song "Let it Go", preformed by Idina Menzel (Elsa). It is a beautifully written, beautifully preformed song. Another high point for the movie was the snowman Olaf, who shows up during the second act, and brings most of the movie's humor.

The only problem I had with Frozen was it's third act, or more specifically, the second half of the third act seemed very rushed, and felt like a quick, easy wrap up to an otherwise great movie. Overall, Frozen is a very good animation, not just for kids, but for adults as well. It brings back some of that Disney magic you felt as a kid, and leaves you smiling.
  58. Jan 24, 2014
    Disney is back with "Frozen". I'm very glad with Walt Disney Pictures because they are showing us that they're working hard with a renewed face. "Tangled", "Winnie the Pooh" and "Wreck-It, Ralph!" are truly jewels but "Frozen" is The Jewel. It's a perfect cyrcle, "Frozen" seems a Broadway musical. Now, I hope with Disney.
  59. Jan 26, 2014
    Frozen is by far the the best animated movie I have seen in a long time. They have blended music and action perfectly. The attention to detail is amazing. There are some predictable moments but over all it is amazing.
  60. Dec 8, 2013
    This was amazing! Disney's "Frozen" had great music/songs, animation, characters, etc. But the story plot is kind of similar to "Tangled". But overall "Frozen" made me feel like I was there. The little Mickey Mouse short (before the movie) was actually pretty funny, just like "Frozen". Keep up the good work Disney. I'm giving this an 8.4/10 or a B.
  61. Dec 10, 2013
    Disney's latest takes place in the fjords, where the newly-crowned queen freezes the entire country with her powers. Her sister sets out with burly Olaf to save the day. The plot moves quickly with lots of action and a few short, tuneful songs. The characters have pluck and the wacky snowman (voiced by Josh Gad) is the latest delightful Disney sidekick. What stands out most is theDisney's latest takes place in the fjords, where the newly-crowned queen freezes the entire country with her powers. Her sister sets out with burly Olaf to save the day. The plot moves quickly with lots of action and a few short, tuneful songs. The characters have pluck and the wacky snowman (voiced by Josh Gad) is the latest delightful Disney sidekick. What stands out most is the animation: simply beautiful ice and snow design, lovely lighting and wonderful inventiveness. The story is romantic and adult, but the pace, visuals and personality may help it appeal to kids. There's a clever opening short featuring an early Mickey Mouse AND one last gag after the credits. Expand
  62. Dec 21, 2013
    I want to give this movie an 8 because this has not really given a solid plot or at least a storyline that is as epic as most Disney films. However, I will give it a 9 because of the musicality. Everything else about the movie is very refreshing and delightful. It may not be perfect but this is truly an unforgettable film.
  63. Jan 3, 2014
    It looks like the whole world wants to bring the kid out in me between Christmas, Hanukah, Santa Claus, “Elf” the touring Broadway musical, the touring company of “The Wizard of Oz” not to mention the gifts and all the good wishes. How could you walk around without a smile on your face? Should none of that help run to see Walt Disney’s “Frozen”

“Frozen” is loosely based on Hans

“Frozen” is loosely based on Hans Christian Anderson’s “The Snow Queen” going a few steps further with the modern animation available today. This is a movie ready for a big, wonderful Broadway stage. There are original songs written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez with “Let It Go” sung by Idina Menzel and “Tomorrow For the First Time Forever” sung by Menzel and Kristen Bell particular standouts.

The screenwriter Jennifer Lee, working on the story by her, Chris Buck and Shane Morris, present a princess, Elsa (Idina Menzel) who becomes a queen, and her sister Anna (Kristen Bell), adding two more memorable female figures to stand beside Cinderella, Snow White in the canon of Walt Disney’s loving, lovable and strong women.

What would a Disney film be without some lovable creatures? “Frozen” has them but I want my own Olaf the snowman (voiced by Josh Gad) and the reindeer Sven or I’ll even settle for one of the trolls.

The story is simple with Elsa having the power to freeze her country and Anna wanting to thaw her sister’s heart. Would it surprise you that love solves all the problems? I didn’t think so. We have a prince Hans (voiced by Santino Fontana) chasing after naïve Anna while Kristoff (voiced by Jonathan Groff), the youngest of 13 sons and owner of Sven, who is an ice dealer and will lose his income if everything is frozen.

The production rates in the same class as “The Little Mermaid”, “The Lion King” and “Beauty and the Beast” and it is not hard to see “Frozen” on stage. It is also not hard to imagine every little girl, and a few older ones, wanting Elsa’s blue ice gown.

This is an animated film for the whole family which will entrance the kids and hold the interest of the adults and more than one will be buying the soundtrack, including me, just to hear Idina Menzel belt out “Let It Go” along with her and Bell doing “Tomorrow For The First Time Ever” which is a song you sing walking out of the theatre and/or on the shower.

For the record Jennifer Lee is the first woman to direct an animated film, produced by Disney, along with co-director Chris Buck.
  64. May 24, 2014
    Frozen is one of the best Disney releases in a long time and reminds you of what they are capable of. The story is interesting and the songs make the movie a delightful experience.
  65. Jan 13, 2014
    This is hands down, one of the best Disney movies of the decade. The animation is flawless, the music incredible and there are some really great moments that hit the heart.
  66. Jan 20, 2014
    There are few movies I would give a 10 but Frozen definitely deserves it! Disney departs from their usual fairytale formula but unlike Brave, Frozen capitalizes on the change up. The movie looks absolutely stunning and is filled with humor and charm, courtesy of Olaf, from beginning to end.

The songs in Frozen are biased towards the first half of the movie and more duets between the sisters or another solo for Elsa would have been appreciated. With Idina Menzel offering a spectacular vocal performance it was too bad she only had one big number. Anna (Kristen Bell) and Olaf (Josh Gad) also stun with their vocal prowess in singing and character voices respectively.

In short, Disney has never filled a movie with more magic than they did with Frozen.
  67. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a great movie worthy of being rated among the pantheon of Disney heritage such as Aladdin and Lion King. The main songs beautiful and well done, the animation is beautiful, the story is endearing and touching and a wonderful subversion of the normal true love trope. I have some minor gripes dealing with continuity, and a couple of the songs are actually pretty lame, so no 10/10,This is a great movie worthy of being rated among the pantheon of Disney heritage such as Aladdin and Lion King. The main songs beautiful and well done, the animation is beautiful, the story is endearing and touching and a wonderful subversion of the normal true love trope. I have some minor gripes dealing with continuity, and a couple of the songs are actually pretty lame, so no 10/10, but this is a new classic to be sure. Expand
  68. Jan 27, 2014
    excellent animated feature! It revives the traditional musical and fairy tale style of Disney but with unexpected unpredictable resolution to the story.
  69. Jan 30, 2014
    The hype is real.
    Nostalgia is a very strong thing..But if you remove it from your mind this might end up being your favorite Disney film ever. It blew me away. Worth the ticket for Elsa's 'Let It Go' alone, steals the whole show. Well done Jennifer Lee
  70. Jan 31, 2014
    One of the best Disney films. The songs are top-notched. The storyline was awesome. The characters are distinguishable, has its own role and fits perfectly to everything else. I would watch this several times again.
  71. Feb 5, 2014
    The very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a motherThe very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a mother tell her some "The Queen has come up age" and the kid reply's "Mom, that's not my fault". Expand
  72. Feb 21, 2014
    Heartfelt, picturesque, surprisingly amazing, and filled with very memorable catchy soundtracks. This is what Disney's Frozen is made off. A newly engaging popcorn flick that tends not only visually but awesomely a fun time you will ever watched in this year.

Rating: 3.5 / 4
  73. Mar 3, 2014
    I can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happierI can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happier than singing in the movie theater than listening to the song "Let It Go." Every time I listen to this song, it becomes a theme song for fans everywhere to see what magic lies ahead when fear and love meets adventure in so many places. That's what Disney is all about, keeping their promises and start rebuilding a new generation of Renaissance after a past decade of good and bad movies that almost ruined their reputation for success. But 5 years have come gone by since The Princess and the Frog and just like any movie musical has to offer. Disney, I hope you should make more animated musicals in the future. Kudos to both Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell for putting on a phenomenal performance as Anna and Elsa. I hope they should make a Frozen sequel or a short film really soon. The cold never bother me, anyway! Expand
  74. Mar 4, 2014
    I love this movie. It's wonderful. The songs are beautiful (let it go) and the characters are unpredictable, which is something that no other disney movie has done. The humor is subtle but perfect, and the moral is great for kids. Definitely see this and bring your kids. One of the best Disney films to date.
  75. Apr 12, 2014
    Disney's latest animated princess tale feel different from their past works. It feels like a more mature work thanks to it's sadder and somewhat darker tale than the average animated Disney movie. While this will help it become one that older audiences can enjoy just as much as the younger ones, it also leads to a lot of slow and sometimes boring moments. Truly this leads to the movieDisney's latest animated princess tale feel different from their past works. It feels like a more mature work thanks to it's sadder and somewhat darker tale than the average animated Disney movie. While this will help it become one that older audiences can enjoy just as much as the younger ones, it also leads to a lot of slow and sometimes boring moments. Truly this leads to the movie having a noticeable slow start, but it does pick up fairly quickly. There are also a lot more musical numbers than I was expecting. The first half of the movie ends up coming off as a musical until the songs almost completely disappear from the second half. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is one of the factors that lead to the movie feeling somewhat disjointed.

That being said the typical Disney magic does help the movie succeed in the end. With it's great story, charming characters, funny moments, and top-notch animation, the movie does prove to be an enjoyable experience. Not all of it's parts come together well in the end, but overall I did enjoy it. It personally will never stand among one of Disney's best movies in my eyes, but the moments where it's tale defies what you would expect form it make it enjoyable and occasionally impressive. You would also have to be dead not to laugh at Olaf. So in the end this is yet another animated Disney movie that proves to be worth the watch, even if it does have it's flaws.
  76. May 2, 2014
    This movie tries to make us have fun, but all that it delivers is a horrible script, boring musical numbers (except for let it go), and a plot that is so ridiculous that turns to be Disney's worst film till now.
  77. Jun 29, 2014
    I thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since TheI thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since The Lion King! Elsa and Anna were all true to there selves. It wouldn't be a the movie it was without the silly snowman, Olaf. I give this movie a 9 out of 10! Expand
  78. Aug 5, 2014
    Frozen has great music,superb animation,a horrible story,horrible character stories(If there was any that is),and of course horrid Characters.Disney desperately tries to make another classic musical,succeeded on the music department,but fails in everything else.How Frozen won an Academy Award is beyond me. One thing is clear though,Frozen would of made a good Fantasia(without theFrozen has great music,superb animation,a horrible story,horrible character stories(If there was any that is),and of course horrid Characters.Disney desperately tries to make another classic musical,succeeded on the music department,but fails in everything else.How Frozen won an Academy Award is beyond me. One thing is clear though,Frozen would of made a good Fantasia(without the ridiculous story and characters that is). Expand
  79. Aug 18, 2014
    Okay so I went in with low expectations because the commercials just gave me that feeling it wasn't going to be good. Granted it did say musical so when I finally sat down to watch it I forced myself to be optimistic thinking it might be like a typical disney musical which end up good (ex: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc) but I was let down and if I could give a negative score IOkay so I went in with low expectations because the commercials just gave me that feeling it wasn't going to be good. Granted it did say musical so when I finally sat down to watch it I forced myself to be optimistic thinking it might be like a typical disney musical which end up good (ex: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc) but I was let down and if I could give a negative score I would. I have no idea how so many people like it but whatever.

Although the animation is decent (it's pixar) and the scenery is nice those are its only saving graces and it's not enough. The constant singing by people who can't sing and the songs about nothing important are grating and annoying. In the opening sequence of about 20 minutes (there are three dramatic moments in this amount of time btw) into the movie there are 4 songs and only one of them should have been there. Due to being annoyed I can't find myself able to care about the characters and although I ended up turning it off after 20 minutes I am going to force myself to watch it until the end. I can tell right now however that the characters will be severely under-developed due to all the singing which will prevent you from getting to know them and feel for them. As for the story.... from what I've heard it's very bland and the supporting characters that have been introduced already are forgettable....

In short, I would not recommend this movie to anyone unless they're up for a bit of torture...especially if they're a musician as the songs compared to the normal quality of Disney songs are very poor and a major step backwards. Of course the whole thing seems like a major step backwards for Disney.
  80. Dec 4, 2013
    The animation was amazing and I really just loved the characters, songs and, well, the entire film. I saw it in 3D and really felt immersed in the ice and snow.
  81. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful music, animation, plot, characters, story and clean humor! My favorite movie of 2013. Tangled is one of my favorite newest Disney films and Frozen is now the best. Highly recommend. Great movie for the family! Expand
  82. Dec 13, 2013
    One of my favorite. Ignore the hatters! Haters be hating! The characters and music are awesome. I'm going to defiantly buy the music. I know people who have already seen it 4 times, and are still not bored of it!
  83. Jan 7, 2014
    Frozen is a beautifully animated film by Disney about two sisters, Princess Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), whose kingdom has been unintentionally trapped in an eternal winter by Elsa and her snowy powers. Anna joins Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an ice harvester, Sven, his reindeer, and Olaf (Josh Gad), a talking snowman who dreams of summer, in a hunt to findFrozen is a beautifully animated film by Disney about two sisters, Princess Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), whose kingdom has been unintentionally trapped in an eternal winter by Elsa and her snowy powers. Anna joins Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an ice harvester, Sven, his reindeer, and Olaf (Josh Gad), a talking snowman who dreams of summer, in a hunt to find her sister and end the winter before it is to late. The most memorable scene in the movie was when Elsa sang "Let it Go" on top of the mountain, after leaving her kingdom for what she believes will be forever. I loved this film because it is a heartwarming story with lovable characters and an amazing soundtrack. I would recommend this to people of all ages because it is an inspiring movie that is sure to capture the hearts of the entire family. Expand
  84. Jan 27, 2014
    Really Good movie, one of the Best of Disney since a long time. It's a movie based on music, so there approximately 7-8 songs and they are all good. There are awesome. Only thing is there is no strong villain.

Fantastic movie I recommend to every person at every age !
  85. Apr 30, 2014
    Easily the worst Disney movie ever. It's like a hybrid of Tangled and some old Disney classics (not Pixar movies). Overloaded with the most annoying songs (especially Let it Go). But the snowman (he has a very weird name) is cute
  86. Jun 5, 2014
    to all the people that think frozen is bad. you are all very bad people. frozen is awesome...........................................................
  87. Jan 13, 2014
    It's one of the best Disney movies I've seen in years, since 'The Lion King' in 1994; And it deserves much better scores from the critics. It's an absolute must-see for anyone!
  88. Jan 14, 2014
    Where i see this movie i discover a new tipe of movie...
    The animated good movie.
    This Is a diferent movie comparate with the other animated movie.
    Conclusions:Is a good movie
  89. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm a HUGE Disney fan, but this movie is the worst! I was so disappointed when I walked out of the theater in December that I haven't seen it again since. The movie and its songs are so overrated. "The best Disney movie since The Lion King"???? Yeah, right! It wasn't even the best movie of 2013!! Absolute trash. And don't even get me started on the terrible morals in this movie.I'm a HUGE Disney fan, but this movie is the worst! I was so disappointed when I walked out of the theater in December that I haven't seen it again since. The movie and its songs are so overrated. "The best Disney movie since The Lion King"???? Yeah, right! It wasn't even the best movie of 2013!! Absolute trash. And don't even get me started on the terrible morals in this movie. Encouraging girls to cheat on their boyfriend/fiancé? Stay classy, Frozen. Expand
  90. Nov 30, 2013
    This movie impacted me in a way that tangled, and princess and the frog, and every movie since beauty and the beast could not. It was absolutely phenomenal. The music (which is the best since the lion king), the humor (funniest disney movie of all time), and the not so typical ending. I was expecting it to be cliche, but it was truly a story of family, and how the greatest love of allThis movie impacted me in a way that tangled, and princess and the frog, and every movie since beauty and the beast could not. It was absolutely phenomenal. The music (which is the best since the lion king), the humor (funniest disney movie of all time), and the not so typical ending. I was expecting it to be cliche, but it was truly a story of family, and how the greatest love of all comes from family (In this case anna, and elsa). The music, the beautiful animation, the laughter, and the amazing story all help FROZEN to be one of my favorite movies this year. You would be more than sorry if you missed seeing this on the big screen. Expand
  91. Dec 6, 2013
    Now while I do have problems with Frozen I really enjoyed it. It may not be their best but its one of their better ones. The story is cliché and slow at times but it makes up for it with a nice message and some nice twists on a story we’ve heard several times. The characters are likeable nothing amazing but I enjoyed them. The presentation is nice but nothing spectacular. What stands outNow while I do have problems with Frozen I really enjoyed it. It may not be their best but its one of their better ones. The story is cliché and slow at times but it makes up for it with a nice message and some nice twists on a story we’ve heard several times. The characters are likeable nothing amazing but I enjoyed them. The presentation is nice but nothing spectacular. What stands out in this movie are three amazing songs the best I’ve heard from Disney in years! I will admit it is not as iconic as The Lion King or Aladdin but hey it is hard to make a masterpiece and for what they did they did a pretty good job. It is hard to take the Disney formula and constantly make it feel fresh and new but they managed. The reason why some people may not like it is because they enjoy other variations of the story. Also, these guys aren’t Pixar nor do they have the original team that did the 90s Disney movies. I will admit it is not Disney’s best but it is still an enjoyable film the best of the year in fact and the best animated film of the year thus far (although The Wind Rises will probably win). If you are a Disney fan you’ll enjoy yourself and if you are along for the ride you’ll get through it ok. As for me this the best of the new age of Disney and it is a shame the film is being marketed as a dumb comedy. It may not be their best but has some great stuff in here that impressed we in ways that Tangled didn’t. Frozen didn’t have the greatest animation or funniest side characters but its story engaged and surprised me and had some fantastic songs and atmosphere. While Pixar’s films have declined in quality (from excellent to good/ok) Disney’s films have gotten better. They aren’t the greatest but it is enjoyable to see it done again and well if I might add. Really enjoyed this film and cannot wait for Disney’s next flick Big Hero 6. Expand
  92. Dec 28, 2013
    This movie is awesome if we are looking at it through a child eyes. Finally this Disney movie doesn't try to concentrate only for beauty and marriage. This is not about getting a husband, this is about family which makes it a lot better than other Disney movies.
  93. Dec 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is a movie about two sister-princesses named Anna and Elsa, who was inexplicably born with the power to manipulate ice. Whilst playing she accidentally injures her sister with her magic, causing her hair to gain a strip of white. The king and queen take her to the friendly trolls, who erase Anna's memory of Elsa's powers and tell the king and queen to make sure Anna is never struck in the heart in order to prevent her from freezing forever. Upon hearing this the royal parents isolate Elsa in order to help her learn to control and maintain her powers. This seems to be working out until the parents, in traditional Disney fashion, are tragically killed in a storm. Three years pass and Elsa is becoming queen of Arendelle, and Anna meets a man named Hans who appears to be the love of her life. The two wants to get married, but Elsa denies it because they met each other that day. Anna gets upset and yells at her sister about how she always shuts her out and is never there for her, and incidentally causes Elsa to expose her powers. Elsa runs away in shame, and Anna goes to find her. Besides the two princesses, there is a slew of side characters. One being a bland explorer named Kristoff who helps Anna get up the mountain, a comic relief-reindeer named Sven, and an actually funny talking snowman named Olaf. The story of this movie is very good, and it also throws traditional Disney fans a lot of curve balls. There are a lot of things you think will end up happening, when in the end they really don't. The story is essentially the bet part of the movie for me, while everything else is just mediocre. Besides Olaf the happy go lucky snowman and Anna being a bit of an awkward ditz, all the other characters were very bland. Hans turns into a stereotypical villain who just wants the throne, Kristoff is incredibly bland, and the reindeer is only there for comic relief. It does get a laugh here and there, but Olaf provides a lot more. Even Elsa is very boring, being really anti social and irrationally douchey to her sister. The voice acting on all the characters is great, except for Idina Menzel as Elsa. For me, she felt really disconnected from the animation, talking or singing. The songs in this movie are my biggest gripe. The lyrics are iffy, the transitions from talking to singing are awkward and poorly handled, and the pacing of all of them is very wonky. There are about three songs at the start and two in the middle, leaving the third act completely barren when it comes to songs. Animation is incredible, pairing classic Disney charm with modern animation techniques. Overall this film is great, but it's full of little nitpicks I have that really prevent me from enjoying the full experience. Here are a slew of nitpicks I had. Why does Anna sing the lines "Do you wanna build a snowman?" a scene after their parents die? Their parents just died! Why in the world would you ask if she wants to build a snowman!? The song "Reindeer Are Better Then People" is incredibly stupid and all for filler. The way Kristoff talks for Sven is dumb, but I'm trying to decide if that's better then Sven actually talking. The old man character from Wesselton was idiotic and for the most part unnecessary. Overall, Frozen has a good plot, funny moments, and strong themes, along with a feminist twist that will please many. On the other hand, there's awkward writing, some unimpressive characters, and poor song handling. However, it is a Disney movie, so you've probably already seen it regardless of things you've heard. Expand
  94. Jan 6, 2014
    Frozen from the creators of Tangled is amazing smart not really fun I mean this story is sad by the time "Do you want to build a snowman" is one of the sadist song's ever. The story those is so intense and Elisa is the most human villain I ever seen but I mean she is not the villain
  95. Jan 25, 2014
    I'll be brief here. What makes good movie a great one for me?
    Five things: good story, amazing characters, some well-timed pieces of comedy, beautiful visual appearance and most importantly, the music. With one of the greatest Disney soundtracks, this movie had it all. It was propably the best movie I've seen in years. Thank you, Disney.
  96. Feb 11, 2014
    A fabulous film! Wonderfully crafted & beautifully animated! The story of Anna & Elsa is both beautiful & touching. "Frozen" assures the fans that disney still has the magic.
  97. Mar 4, 2014
    The Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stayThe Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stay forever.

A decade ago, people called Disney is done and dusted but in recent couple of years, it was a great come back for them. ‘Tangled’ put them on the track, now with this wonderful family movie they are more confident. Yeah, I loved this movie a lot for many reasons. It was fast, sentimental, romantic and had adorable, cute 3D character models.

I think Disney studio is following on the footsteps of Studio Ghibli. I believe they found their strength in the name of the young girl’s role in their recent movies. Like Rapunzel for ‘Tangled’ this movie had Anna. Both the movies backed by pleasant music and admirable animal character with awesome facial expressions for humorous in parts of the storytelling.

I had seen all the nominees of this year’s animation movie, except Studio Ghibli's ‘The Wind Rises’. I liked ‘Monster University’, it was fun, but ‘The Croods’ attracted me a lot. I was hoping French animation ‘Ernest & Celestine’ could win, but after seeing it no doubt on why it got the honour. So I am happy for this movie's win at the big event.

9.5/10
  98. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent show, absorbing, entertaining, perfect animation, colors, and music. When it is needed to get away from tensions and dull movies there is no better than Frozen.
  99. Jun 28, 2014
    Generally bad, predictable, unoriginal storyline. After the brilliance of Tangled, Frozen really disappointed me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it was over-hyped and wasn't good enough for many. However, I think that everyone who pretends to like this film is only doing it because they expected it to be better.
  100. Jan 17, 2015
    This movie is god-awful. Seriously, the songs are so frigging annoying! The storyline is stupid. The characters are bad (except Olaf). The voice acting was terrible. This movie is one of the worst Disney movies of all time. It is so overrated. Don't watch it. Watch Alvin and the Chipmunks instead.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 13, 2013
    The film transcends its various borrowings and occasional stumblings with a modern, exuberant spirit that draws heat from Broadway-style musical numbers and, before and after everything else, from marvelous 3-D animation
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Dec 9, 2013
    Not quite up there with "Tangled," but a solid addition to the canon. Catchy tunes will have you humming, but the hunt for the next "The Little Mermaid" continues...
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin