7.7

1. Nov 27, 2013
    Frozen is fantastic. Flawless animation and terrific songs combine to make it the best Disney movie in a decade, as well as one of the funniest. This is one I will watch over and over.
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    While we all love Disney and the happiness it brings to everyone, sometimes it over-shows ideals to young girls that might not come true in reality. "Frozen" addresses the meaning of love right from the start, with an adult Anna, who being separated from reality for her entire life has no idea what love truly means. .As an avid Disney fan, and as someone with two sisters, this is a movieWhile we all love Disney and the happiness it brings to everyone, sometimes it over-shows ideals to young girls that might not come true in reality. "Frozen" addresses the meaning of love right from the start, with an adult Anna, who being separated from reality for her entire life has no idea what love truly means. .As an avid Disney fan, and as someone with two sisters, this is a movie that people of all ages will love to see. Expand
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    Stunning exploding-ice visuals that renew your faith in computer animation. Soul-rousing musical numbers that you've likely heard at least one hundred times already. A compelling story that sends an honest message about the nature of love. Quite possible Disney's best movie yet (Not counting Pixar). Well done.
  4. May 13, 2014
    The theme of Treason in Disney Frozen - A major imporatance.

The theme of Treason in Disney Frozen - A major imporatance.

Among others, Treason is a major theme of the movie. It has a tad of importance in bringing tension to the story. It is the gateway used to captivate and avails the audience attention. There are three main causes of treason in Frozen; Elsa’s ambiguous treason to the sisterly love between her and Anna, Arendelle’s miscomprehension of Elsa’s attitude, and Hans’s treason towards Anna.

The first impression of treason in Frozen plays an important part by which the story unfolds to the climax as it helps the audience to better understand Elsa’s fear, overprotective character and personality. It happens at the end of the coronation day when Elsa neglects Anna’s pretense of true love and asks her to leave Arendelle. At this moment, we are able to better understand the gap in the relation they share since Anna’s childhood accident. This is in fact the result of the translucent but real love that Elsa has for her younger sister. Her excessive want of protecting Anna from her powers makes her the reckless, inappropriate and non-caring sister for Anna especially at this moment of the film.

The most important act of treason which hovers around the climax of the movie though is Arendelle’s miscomprehension and reject of their newly coronated Queen whom they consider as a terrible monster and threat for the Kingdom. The way Arendelle responds to Elsa adds up to her fear which causes her to escape the Kingdom, to settle and alone herself on the North Mountains where she believes to be free and evacuates her long concealed fear. This feeling of treason continues to exist till the end of the sequel when she is imprisoned and sentence to death by Prince Hans.

Further in treason, Hans clearly shows his real motivation of loving Anna when he refuses to kiss the latter in hope that she will die since she has been struck to the heart by Elsa. By this means would make him heir, hope and King of Arendelle. This act of treason helps to expand before its conclusion one of the major theme which is Love. It gives much more meaning to Anna and Hans’ song “Love Is An Open Door.” Anna’s quest for affectionate love and Hans’ who seeks only in establishing himself in a Kingdom completely outmatch the audiences’ hope of true love one might thing the two of them would be sharing. Hans’s treason also provides scope for the newly discovered but early developing true love between Kristoff and Anna.

Treason is not only a theme which covers the plot but also an important feature which makes the conclusion of the movie much more beautiful as it is said that “Love will thaw.” Certainly, at the end Love prevails upon treason which seems more like a mere oblivion in the conclusion of the movie.
  5. May 30, 2014
    Let It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updatesLet It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updates the Disney formula to the modern age..the princesses are definetelly more independent, not relying on their Prince Charming to save the day. Great entertainment. Expand
  6. Jul 22, 2014
    All I got to say, watch this movie. You will not regret it. The songs are great, the characters are great, the story is one of Disney's best and the animation in smooth and nicely styled like Pixar movies. It sure teaches little girls not to be blind about love and such. Not going to spoil anything though. And for the first time in forever, you should watch this movie.
  7. Sep 5, 2014
    I didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie itsI didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie its probably the best I've ever seen this movie would be worth watching just to see how visually impressive it is Elsa is probably the prettiest of all the Disney princesses and the most unique making her my favorite of the Disney female characters overall Frozen is my favorite animated film and gets a very rare 10. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2014
    Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level.Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level. Unlike most musicals, there was not an overuse of songs. In fact, they were strategically placed to evenly break up the movie. Also, it was easy to follow the plot line, without being predictable. Through out the entire movie, your interest is captured. Although Frozen had an intended audience for children, when people saw the movie it was hard not to fall in love with the characters and the message of sisterhood.

This movie revamped the term “princess” by giving us two independent and headstrong young ladies. Sisters Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, were in conflict for a majority of the movie. By making the journey of these two princesses the main focus, Buck and Lee made the movie less about the romantic aspect between Elsa and Hans, voiced by Santino Fontana, which I think puts a refreshing spin on Disney movies. Instead of creating another movie about a princess needing a hero to rescue her, we have been given an animated film where the princess saves not only herself, but her sister and the city of Arendelle as well.

While Frozen did teach the audience about the love between sisters, it also sent out an important message about self-acceptance. Throughout the movie, Elsa struggled to come to terms with who she truly was. She was so afraid of anyone knowing the truth about her icy powers that she shut out her friends and family. Anna strived to prove to Elsa that she can conquer what she thinks is impossible. She made Elsa feel like she had someone on her side no matter what happened. This sent a very powerful message to the audience, especially for children at an impressionable age; everyone should learn to accept who they truly are because to live a life in hiding is not a good one.

People of any age could enjoy Frozen. The intended audience for this film was for children, but many teenagers and adults have found this move in their hearts. For the children in the audience, Frozen was a magical movie with fun songs to sing along to and clumsy characters, like Olaf, to laugh at. This movie also taped into the older generations’ childhood and their love for Disney movies. Anyone who loved Disney movies as a child could have seen this movie and been brought back to that time in their life. As for the adults with children, it was hard not to love a movie that taught the importance of family and self-acceptance.

Major criticism for this movie was that the songs were not inspiring and did not leave a memorable impression. I disagree. I found that the songs were catchy, fun, and easy to sing along to. The songs varied in topics, moods, and messages. Some songs rhymed, others did not, but all contained remarkable lyrics. With such a wide variety, at least one song could of found its way stuck inside someone’s head. Going beyond what the songs were about, the placement of these songs played a huge role in the success of them. Each song was carefully placed in order to break up key moments in the movie. Without any of these memorable songs, especially “Let It Go” by Idina Menzel, this movie would not have reached it’s full potential.

Another major criticism for this movie was that Olaf, the talking snowman voiced by Josh Grad, was an extraneous character and did not add to the plot and was therefor useless. Olaf’s role in the movie was very legitimate and necessary. When Anna first came across Olaf, she was looking for her sister in the mountains. Since Olaf was a native of the land, he helped her find the way. For the rest of the movie he was her friend and helped her save Arendelle. He was no more important that Rajah for Jasmine or Flounder for Ariel; they were characters that became the princess’ companion and helped guide them along. Olaf also added a humorous element to the movie; he was by far the most comical character and brought a necessary element that none of the other characters could provide- innocence. He was childish at heart, and therefor had a major impact in the mood of the story. Whenever something started to become too serious, Olaf jumped in and automatically brought the story back to what the audience can relate to. Without Olaf, the movie would of felt very incomplete.

Overall, the directors and the voices behind the characters did a great job with this Disney film. The fact that this was a non-traditional princess movie is what set it apart from the rest. This movie can bring a smile to anyone’s face, regardless of age. Frozen had all of the qualities of a 5-star movie: catchy songs, powerful messages, and personable characters.
  9. Feb 4, 2015
    I agree the storyline is unique and creative the songs had original melody and the characters had original personalities however the chink in it was that olaf is a trying hard comedian at least in my opinion...
  10. Dec 1, 2013
    "Frozen" is a fantastic story about two sisters and the power of the love between them. It is about letting go, being yourself, and having faith in someone even though they don’t have faith in themselves. All great messages for people to live by. The themes and moral are handled well through the film and not once does it become preachy or grating.

The film is superbly directed with

The film is superbly directed with great attention to the script and character development. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee keep us on our toes by slipping in some smart humor and just as intelligently placed moments of true emotions. The film is paced pretty well, but in certain key moments, particularly the ending, it tends to rush through it. However, it’s not rushed in a jarring way, but I did wish the film would slow down at certain points. A sharp script gives us well rounded characters and themes that we can all learn from. The two leads are given equal attention to and their relationship is handled incredibly well, especially in the intro of the film. The beginning of the film does a great job of introducing the characters and setting up their relationship. I was literally tearing up because of how real and honest the bond between the sisters were in the beginning and throughout the rest of the movie.

Characters are great in this film. Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, is one of the two leads. She’s probably the most awkward and quirky Disney princess we’ve ever had. She’s a bit of a spazz, always tripping or bumping into things and fumbling over her words when she’s nervous. It’s quite cute and a joy to watch such an honest and real character. A lot of her flightiness comes from her being sheltered in a castle for such a long time with little interaction with other people. However, she’s also determined and very open to meeting new people and helping her friends. Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, the other lead is the complete opposite of Anna. She’s more reserved and her actions are always calculated to a tee. She has magical powers, but due to an incident that happened when she was younger, she fears that people will loath her for her gift. She doesn’t talk as much and usually prefers to be alone. The relationship between the two is really the highlight and it is heart breaking to see them rift away. One last character that I want to mention is Olaf. This character is probably the most worrisome part about the film for most people as Disney can sometimes be hit or miss with their side characters. However, here we have a huge hit with Olaf. He’s a bit oblivious, but he’s also incredibly likable and sweet. He gets some of the best lines in the movie and he’s just a joy to watch because he doesn’t try to steal the spot light from what’s actually important. The rest of the characters are great and defined very well.

The animation in the film is gorgeous. The characters move fluidly and the expressions on their faces are where some of the most intense emotions of the film come from. Elsa’s magical powers are used well and there is both beauty and danger to it. The colors are vibrant and the use of blues and other colder colors really makes us feel the chills of the eternal winter.

Like many classic Disney movies, this one is also a musical and a great one at that. The musical numbers are some of the best since the 90s films. Robert and Kristen Lopez did an amazing job with the soundtrack. The songs range from ballads to showstoppers to sincere to fun, but not one song feels out of place or stops the movies progression. My two favorite songs are “For the First Time In Forever” and “Let It Go,” both are powerful ballads that really give us a sense of what the characters are like and what they want. “For the First Time In Forever” is a duet between Anna and Elsa. I enjoy the contrasting lyrics as Anna is excited and Elsa is more afraid of her inauguration. “Let It Go” is the big showstopping ballad about Elsa, finally liberating herself from her frustrations. Idina Menzels’s voice is so powerful that I had goosebumps by the end of it. The rest of the songs are great as well and quite memorable with strong lyrics and powerful accompanying music. I bet you’ll be humming and singing the songs long after watching the film.

Overall, “Frozen” is a magnificent film filled with gorgeous animation, relatable and well-defined characters, toe tapping music, and a story that will melt even the coldest of hearts. Some people might be upset that their isn’t a strong central villain in this film, but I think it is a plus because then we can focus on the struggles and strains between Anna and Elsa. It is easily the best animated film of 2013 and a future classic that we’ll all watch over and over again. I give it 4.5/5, beautiful movie from start to finish.
  11. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is exactly what a Disney film should be, cheesy, cute, beautiful and charismatic with a collection of fantastically catchy songs, lovable characters and a moral at the end.
    It's a refreshing plot with a satisfying ending and though i went into the movie fearing the worst considering recent animated films that have come out, i was happily shown i had nothing to fear.
    I love Disney, but i have to say this is perhaps their best musical film since Beauty and the Beast and i can easily see it becoming a classic.
    Whether you have kids, are a kid, or just have a kid in your heart you need to see this film.

Couple of notes, this film is stunning to look at, with some of the best digital snow you'll ever see. Also the character models are wonderful managing the style of Disney whilst looking like completely original designs. The casting is phenomenal with no weak performances to be found.

THIS IS WHERE THE SPOILERS KICK IN:

People have written some negative reviews challenging these aspects of the plot and i want to put right what they said.

Elsa is not cursed, she was born with her magic, it is never 'explained' because no one in the film understands it themselves. The simple fact is the worlds that Disney create are magical.

Also Elsa does not ignore her sister for no reason, she distances herself to avoid hurting her again like she does at the start of the film.

Of course there are small plot holes around the place, but none that in any way effect the enjoyment of the film.

The ONE complaint i have is that they didn't utilize having Jonathon Groff in the film nearly enough, give him more songs!!!!
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Frozen is Disney's best animated movie since The Lion King with its refreshing musical numbers, funny yet touching script and its likable characters.o
  13. Nov 28, 2013
    What is perfect about "Frozen" is that it brings back the classic Disney Magic, phenomenal music and great script that warms the heart. The opening song immediately grabs audiences attention, similarly the same effect as in "The Lion King." The soundtrack is flawless, the characters are fun and relatable and the overall design is stunning.
  14. Jan 19, 2014
    Quite possibly the best regular Disney movie ever made. This is a groundbreaking movie for Disney and not only is the story fun and creative, but the music is amazing itself. You may find yourself singing the songs long after you've left the theater.
  15. Jan 21, 2014
    It is an amazing movie for any age. Good story, good characters, and amazing songs. Notice how every single bad review about this movie has been about it being a "musical". Personally I loved every song and think they were beautifully done. Not to mention that the animations for the movie are amazing. As an 18 year old male I can honestly say that I loved the move and would love to see itIt is an amazing movie for any age. Good story, good characters, and amazing songs. Notice how every single bad review about this movie has been about it being a "musical". Personally I loved every song and think they were beautifully done. Not to mention that the animations for the movie are amazing. As an 18 year old male I can honestly say that I loved the move and would love to see it again before it leaves theaters. Expand
  16. Dec 10, 2013
    I thought Frozen was a great experience in the cinema. The journey that Elsa and Anna go through is worthwhile trip after an arguably shaky first twenty minutes

Once it gets going it really takes off my two daughters (4 & 7) were transfixed throughout and discussed the sisters on the long journey home For my own tastes, I thought some of the musical numbers were a bit average

For my own tastes, I thought some of the musical numbers were a bit average (although a couple of great ones) but I can't remember the last time I was so entranced by truly wonderful animation
  17. dtl
    Dec 12, 2013
    One of the two best movies I've seen in quite a while (along with Catching Fire). It has spectacular visuals down to even the most minute details. The story was very well focused, without seeming rushed. The jokes were funny, but used in proper moderation. The voice acting perfectly conveyed the emotions of the piece, and so did the animation. The songs were frequently amazing, especiallyOne of the two best movies I've seen in quite a while (along with Catching Fire). It has spectacular visuals down to even the most minute details. The story was very well focused, without seeming rushed. The jokes were funny, but used in proper moderation. The voice acting perfectly conveyed the emotions of the piece, and so did the animation. The songs were frequently amazing, especially when Idina Menzel sang, but Kristen Bell did a shockingly good job singing as well. I loved both of them as fitting their characters as well. Elsa (Idina) and Anna (Kristen) are two of my favorite characters in an animated movie ever.

I only expected to see a pretty good movie, but even if I had sky high expectations, it would have exceeded them. This movie restores my faith in Disney's animated movies. I really can't say enough good things about it. Watch this movie.
  18. Dec 14, 2013
    Like vintage mythical animations of Disney had done, Frozen will gift a fond memory for audience long after they leave the cinema. It's filled with stuffs childhood memory is made of; loveable characters, witty humor, great soundtracks and pleasant graphic. A few 3D animations have seen success with the newer technology, but Frozen tops them all with near magical feel which is almostLike vintage mythical animations of Disney had done, Frozen will gift a fond memory for audience long after they leave the cinema. It's filled with stuffs childhood memory is made of; loveable characters, witty humor, great soundtracks and pleasant graphic. A few 3D animations have seen success with the newer technology, but Frozen tops them all with near magical feel which is almost forgotten in recent years. This is one movie that everyone, despite age and preference, can universally enjoy.

The art has certain Disney aesthetic look; it's the best fusion of the old 2D nuance in 3D setting they've created so far. Games and other movies have superior graphic prowess, but there's something subtly captivating about Frozen's art direction. With plenty purplish azure dye in the transparent ice and quite elaborate designs in its detail, it's easy to appreciate the soft yet intricate wintery nature. The use of 3D effect helps the surreal environment, as the movie progresses the visual adapts to its tricky details, such as the falling snow, into astute part of the story. Its ice castle and vast snowy plain give feeling of majesty and also a hint of loneliness.

Characters are simply loveable. Anna, the younger princess, is seriously lacking grace, but her brash and naive demeanor will surely captivate audience. She's downright adorable; it's a near impossible feat not to cheer for her. Elsa, the older one, is more mature and restricted. Her character has the most self-doubt and sadness; in a way the movie is about finding one self and acceptance from others, two things that might not go hand in hand, Elsa embodies the struggle perfectly. It's not often there are two princesses involved, however they have their own expressive personalities and their sisterhood bond is an uncanny delight.

Kristoff as the rugged stud provides some chuckles and rather odd pauper prince role. He appears to have the most common sense and it's pretty funny to see him interact with odder characters. Sven, the reindeer, and Olaf, the magical little snow man, have plenty of humor amongst them. Disney always has the humor relief role, this time the honor goes to Olaf, who is ridiculously naive down to a life threatening fault. His lines are full of puns, out of place clichés and awkward impeccable timing. He delivers more laughs than I expected his corny appearance could do.

The writing is absolutely superb, both for the tender moments, the humorous ones and also the musical soundtracks. Songs are beautifully made, they fit the moments amazingly and the cast deliver fantastic job performing them. It's been a while since an animated movie with such excellent heartwarming story, memorable characters and brilliant artwork grace the theater. If one compares Frozen to Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan or any other Disney classics, they wouldn't be wrong.

Frozen is a timeless journey.
  19. Dec 21, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of animated movies, and gone to cinema because friend told me so but I'm actually grateful.
    It's one of the best things I've seen ever. It deals with freedom, or rather lack of it, love, fear, loneliness, and duty. It's terrifingly deep even for disney.
    Moreover, a lot of great humor, catching songs, great visuals, and really, really good 3D effects. Full 10/10 I'd
    Full 10/10 I'd not change a thing in it. Watch it, you won't regret these few bucks.
  20. Dec 26, 2013
    Great animation and music, wonderful story. The song "Let It Go" is powerful and moving. This wasn't my first choice when my wife were deciding which movie to go to but I'm glad I saw it. Thoroughly enjoyable.
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    Long time since I got this kind of Disney feeling from a movie. Great animation, music, songs, characters, and overall atmosphere and character development.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    Excellent. The soundtrack was very memorable, the humor was well done and didn't detract from the plot, and the story was great. What more can be said? Disney has finally remembered how to make a good movie. Highly recommend this.
  23. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen oozes with fancy computer generated imaging and high detail close ups of crystal snowflakes. The amount of eye candy in this movie explodes as even the minute of details can be seen. Viewers will be in for a ride as Disney takes its watchers on a journey to a Scandinavian world where Princess / Queen Elsa has insurmountable power to create objects out of thin air with snow and ice but becomes lonesome and isolated due to her gifts and Princess Anna who can be seen as the cheerful gullible type that turns into a brave heroine.

The movie has a number of songs that makes Frozen a musical. They set the tone very well between the growing up scene of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman", to the fun and lackadaisical "In Summer" sang by Olaf. As well thought out as the pieces go, there were several places in the movie where the song's execution were awkwardly put in. Some examples of this would be when Anna reaches the ice castle and where it was a serious confrontation only to be changed forcibly by the introduction of a song. Those moments of confrontations where it should further develop the plot were stained by some of the song pieces. Otherwise, the vast majority of songs and their placements were well executed.

The story was also a nice change in pace from the modern Disney franchise movies. The movie sets a good tone that family, specifically sisterhood, is the most powerful force of all that can get through any hardships. If there was anything that can be felt out of equilibrium it would be the beginning wahere it felt rushed to establish why Elsa / Anna never grew up together for the vast majority of their childhood. The plot twists weren't that surprisingly and many scenes were "Disney-fied" (i.e.- person X doesn't get murdered even though they tried to murder person Y, or an impossible event happen where someone shouldn't be able to survive, survives). Overall it was still a very entertaining story.

Frozen tops the chart of many modern animation movies. It excels not only in its graphical fidelity and the story telling; albeit, a little rough on some areas. It was still an excellent movie that shouldn't be missed on the 4K digital screens of movie theaters or IMAX/3D. Parsimony gives this movie a 9/10.
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    This movie was just...wow. Everything is simply perfect. The music is phenomenal, the voice-acting and singing is top-notch, the animation is incredible, there's a huge plot twist towards the end you won't see coming, and it's simply one of the most hilarious movies I've watched in the past 5 years. There's really not much else to say other than "go see it as soon as you can". I don't careThis movie was just...wow. Everything is simply perfect. The music is phenomenal, the voice-acting and singing is top-notch, the animation is incredible, there's a huge plot twist towards the end you won't see coming, and it's simply one of the most hilarious movies I've watched in the past 5 years. There's really not much else to say other than "go see it as soon as you can". I don't care how old you are; this movie is a must-see. Expand
  25. Jan 18, 2014
    Beautiful animation, a masterpiece. A very unique plot that is not cliche at all. The soundtrack is also fantastic! Disney has produced another ageless film!
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    I loved this movie & when I saw it I just had to write a review about. You can honestly go see this movie by yourself like I did or take your kids Either wa y you'll enjoy it and its amazing graphics. Not to mention the funny moments.
  27. Dec 3, 2013
    Disney has really out done themselves with this movie. Hands down one of the best films in a very long time from the studio. In my opinion, way better then The Lion King. One of the best animated films ever, really one of the best films of all time.
  28. Jan 10, 2014
    Simply a stunning movie! Easily the best Disney movie this decade. The animations are so well done and the songs are not forced and sound delightful. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell both did phenomenal jobs voice acting Elsa and Anna. Josh Gad's character Olaf, also added a nice infusion of comedy into this amazing movie.
  29. Dec 8, 2013
    Best Show of the Year. I can't blame those people who dislike this movie but this a message for those who dislike FROZEN is that they are trying to make it possible for kids and adults.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The prologue of the movie is the best piece of cinema in quite some time. It is well-paced, conveys lots of information to set up the story, and is a rollercoaster of emotions. Elsa injured Anna, Anna's memories erased, Elsa have to conceal her powers, the sisters grows apart, Elsa losing control of her powers, Anna growing lonely, their parents died; all that plot points happened in around FIVE minutes! and then there's that amazing music behind the sequence that made the experience so much better.

The animation is great, it's an improvement since Tangled and Wreck It Ralph. The voices were great. The music is great, some of the songs are really good (some layered with subtext which you could only understand on a second viewing), while some I just thought is a bit unnecessary.

The biggest problem of this movie is the inconsistency in quality. The first 30 mins of this movie is just superb, while the rest of the movie just couldn't live up to the expectations set by them. (Don't worry, they're still good; just not THAT good.) The beginning of a movie is supposed to set the tone of the entire movie; the first half hour is fast-paced, serious, dramatic, and wonderful, then you go from that to basically just two people walking in the snow. (I'll have to admit that I may be a bit biased on this, as I'm more concerned about Elsa than Anna; her story/character is just more interesting.) Also, due to the dramatic tone set by the beginning of the movie, some comedy (like Olaf's, even though how funny he is) feels a bit out of place.

Anyway, great movie. A bit inconsistent in quality/tone in some parts, but overall pretty good. The songs are really good and I end up listening to the soundtrack a lot soon after watching the movie.
  31. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie beautifully reflects elements of classic Disney movies, yet it also has that modern feel to it. Unlike many other Disney films, this one doesn't focus on fairytales or romance instead it focuses on more relatable and modern topics, such as fear, betrayal and family. The casting choices were amazing, and major props go to Idina Menzel, who steals the spotlight with her Broadway experience. I haven't seen a movie that I loved this much in YEARS.
    The music is beyond incredible rather than having the music there as an underscore, they add another dimension to the film. Having said that, "Let It Go" is undoubtedly the most beautiful moment in the film, when one of the film's protagonists finally accepts herself as who she is. Those disliking the input of music need to go and watch The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast; these movies along with Frozen are true Disney classics.
    Frozen will cater for all ages, and I highly recommend it.
  32. Jan 9, 2014
    Lovely, funny and solid. Includes animation and songs that combined make this movie one of the greatest in animation. Personally, I really appreciated Elsa's paper during the film. It just shows what Disney is all about.
  33. Jan 12, 2014
    Disney animation has done it again. Frozen is easily the best animation of 2013 and with Wreck-it Ralph from last year Disney not Pixar gets top billing. A
  34. Jan 19, 2014
    This movie is a magical, humorous, adventure that keeps the viewer usually at the edge of their seat. The songs are breathtaking and some are inspiring such as Let It Go. The characters are made with amazing qualities (Except Hans and such), this is the best Disney Movie ever made since the Lion King. And, it teaches you that you don't always need a man's help, just remember to hold on toThis movie is a magical, humorous, adventure that keeps the viewer usually at the edge of their seat. The songs are breathtaking and some are inspiring such as Let It Go. The characters are made with amazing qualities (Except Hans and such), this is the best Disney Movie ever made since the Lion King. And, it teaches you that you don't always need a man's help, just remember to hold on to your sister. You never know when she may leave. Expand
  35. Feb 1, 2014
    This is actually one of my favourite movies of the year. The music is some of the best Disney music since the Lion King the animation is beautiful and there's many lovable characters. Please go and see it.
  36. Feb 3, 2014
    制作精良的动画音乐佳作,场景设计都很漂亮,歌都很棒,Let It Go百听不厌,故事虽然平庸了些但不影响这部影片的出色,冰雪特效做得很厉害,登峰造极的水准。
  37. Nov 27, 2013
    Amazing animation, music, songs, characters, and story...all top notch.

Disney Renaissance 2.0

This film along with Tangled seals it. Disney is definitely back. Looks like a new generation gets to experience what the 90's brought us from the studio.
  38. Dec 5, 2013
    One of Disney's better "princess movies". The story is more interesting than most and, although everything is indeed set right in the end by "true love", it's not the true love you typically expect. The animation and 3-D effects are outstanding. The only weak spot was the score; the lyrics and melodies did not stay with me (unlike say The Little Mermaid).

My grandchildren (boys 7 and 9,

My grandchildren (boys 7 and 9, girl 14), my wife, and I all loved it. The grandchildren cannot stop talking about it. If you have children or grandchildren of an appropriate age, or if you just like good animation, I recommend Frozen very highly.
  39. Dec 28, 2013
    This movie restored my faith in animation.

This movie restored my faith in animation.

Before actually seeing the movie, I thought it was going to be a dumb flick about a snowman, just like every other pandering kids movie that has reared its ugly head lately. Thankfully, the advertisements were very inaccurate. Frozen follows the tale of two compelling and relatable sisters who are both struck by chaos when the older sister, Elsa accidentally freezes over the country with her ice powers. The younger sister, Ana, goes to break the curse and reunite with her sister.

Everything about this movie hits the right chords with me. There are nostalgic nods to previous Disney movies through subtle pieces of background music and through the animation itself. It also provides fantastic musical numbers that perfectly convey the tone they try to provide. While I'm more of a 2-D animation fan, this movie perfectly displays what can be done in a 3-D structure that couldn't be done in a 2-D movie.
  40. Nov 30, 2013
    An amazing addition to the Disney movie collection. With love, betrayal, humor, and a fantastic soundtrack. The plot-twist leaves you wanting to yell at the screen and throw a fit. Absolutely flawless.
  41. Jan 4, 2014
    Frozen is a great movie, the visuals are amazing, the story are not so predictable, the movie surprised me, and it's very fun, a great movie, the songs are great, it's one of the best animations movie that I have ever seen.
  42. Dec 11, 2013
    Great movie. I especially loved the twist at the end. Disney sure has their together in the animated movie department. I never write reviews for movies, and this is the first movie that has compelled me to write a review because it was THAT good.
  43. Jan 24, 2014
    Disney is back with "Frozen". I'm very glad with Walt Disney Pictures because they are showing us that they're working hard with a renewed face. "Tangled", "Winnie the Pooh" and "Wreck-It, Ralph!" are truly jewels but "Frozen" is The Jewel. It's a perfect cyrcle, "Frozen" seems a Broadway musical. Now, I hope with Disney.
  44. Jan 26, 2014
    Frozen is by far the the best animated movie I have seen in a long time. They have blended music and action perfectly. The attention to detail is amazing. There are some predictable moments but over all it is amazing.
  45. Dec 21, 2013
    I want to give this movie an 8 because this has not really given a solid plot or at least a storyline that is as epic as most Disney films. However, I will give it a 9 because of the musicality. Everything else about the movie is very refreshing and delightful. It may not be perfect but this is truly an unforgettable film.
  46. Jan 13, 2014
    This is hands down, one of the best Disney movies of the decade. The animation is flawless, the music incredible and there are some really great moments that hit the heart.
  47. Jan 20, 2014
    There are few movies I would give a 10 but Frozen definitely deserves it! Disney departs from their usual fairytale formula but unlike Brave, Frozen capitalizes on the change up. The movie looks absolutely stunning and is filled with humor and charm, courtesy of Olaf, from beginning to end.

The songs in Frozen are biased towards the first half of the movie and more duets between the sisters or another solo for Elsa would have been appreciated. With Idina Menzel offering a spectacular vocal performance it was too bad she only had one big number. Anna (Kristen Bell) and Olaf (Josh Gad) also stun with their vocal prowess in singing and character voices respectively.

In short, Disney has never filled a movie with more magic than they did with Frozen.
  48. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a great movie worthy of being rated among the pantheon of Disney heritage such as Aladdin and Lion King. The main songs beautiful and well done, the animation is beautiful, the story is endearing and touching and a wonderful subversion of the normal true love trope. I have some minor gripes dealing with continuity, and a couple of the songs are actually pretty lame, so no 10/10,This is a great movie worthy of being rated among the pantheon of Disney heritage such as Aladdin and Lion King. The main songs beautiful and well done, the animation is beautiful, the story is endearing and touching and a wonderful subversion of the normal true love trope. I have some minor gripes dealing with continuity, and a couple of the songs are actually pretty lame, so no 10/10, but this is a new classic to be sure. Expand
  49. Jan 27, 2014
    excellent animated feature! It revives the traditional musical and fairy tale style of Disney but with unexpected unpredictable resolution to the story.
  50. Jan 30, 2014
    The hype is real.
    Nostalgia is a very strong thing..But if you remove it from your mind this might end up being your favorite Disney film ever. It blew me away. Worth the ticket for Elsa's 'Let It Go' alone, steals the whole show. Well done Jennifer Lee
  51. Jan 31, 2014
    One of the best Disney films. The songs are top-notched. The storyline was awesome. The characters are distinguishable, has its own role and fits perfectly to everything else. I would watch this several times again.
  52. Feb 5, 2014
    The very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a motherThe very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a mother tell her some "The Queen has come up age" and the kid reply's "Mom, that's not my fault". Expand
  53. Feb 21, 2014
    Heartfelt, picturesque, surprisingly amazing, and filled with very memorable catchy soundtracks. This is what Disney's Frozen is made off. A newly engaging popcorn flick that tends not only visually but awesomely a fun time you will ever watched in this year.

Rating: 3.5 / 4
  54. Mar 3, 2014
    I can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happierI can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happier than singing in the movie theater than listening to the song "Let It Go." Every time I listen to this song, it becomes a theme song for fans everywhere to see what magic lies ahead when fear and love meets adventure in so many places. That's what Disney is all about, keeping their promises and start rebuilding a new generation of Renaissance after a past decade of good and bad movies that almost ruined their reputation for success. But 5 years have come gone by since The Princess and the Frog and just like any movie musical has to offer. Disney, I hope you should make more animated musicals in the future. Kudos to both Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell for putting on a phenomenal performance as Anna and Elsa. I hope they should make a Frozen sequel or a short film really soon. The cold never bother me, anyway! Expand
  55. Mar 4, 2014
    I love this movie. It's wonderful. The songs are beautiful (let it go) and the characters are unpredictable, which is something that no other disney movie has done. The humor is subtle but perfect, and the moral is great for kids. Definitely see this and bring your kids. One of the best Disney films to date.
  56. Apr 27, 2014
    Not a fan of Disney films or musicals, so this was a surprise. Great visuals, animation, humor, and soundtrack. Right up there with Wall-E. Highly recommend.
  57. Dec 4, 2013
    The animation was amazing and I really just loved the characters, songs and, well, the entire film. I saw it in 3D and really felt immersed in the ice and snow.
  58. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful music, animation, plot, characters, story and clean humor! My favorite movie of 2013. Tangled is one of my favorite newest Disney films and Frozen is now the best. Highly recommend. Great movie for the family! Expand
  59. Dec 13, 2013
    One of my favorite. Ignore the hatters! Haters be hating! The characters and music are awesome. I'm going to defiantly buy the music. I know people who have already seen it 4 times, and are still not bored of it!
  60. Jan 7, 2014
    Frozen is a beautifully animated film by Disney about two sisters, Princess Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), whose kingdom has been unintentionally trapped in an eternal winter by Elsa and her snowy powers. Anna joins Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an ice harvester, Sven, his reindeer, and Olaf (Josh Gad), a talking snowman who dreams of summer, in a hunt to findFrozen is a beautifully animated film by Disney about two sisters, Princess Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), whose kingdom has been unintentionally trapped in an eternal winter by Elsa and her snowy powers. Anna joins Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an ice harvester, Sven, his reindeer, and Olaf (Josh Gad), a talking snowman who dreams of summer, in a hunt to find her sister and end the winter before it is to late. The most memorable scene in the movie was when Elsa sang "Let it Go" on top of the mountain, after leaving her kingdom for what she believes will be forever. I loved this film because it is a heartwarming story with lovable characters and an amazing soundtrack. I would recommend this to people of all ages because it is an inspiring movie that is sure to capture the hearts of the entire family. Expand
  61. Jan 27, 2014
    Really Good movie, one of the Best of Disney since a long time. It's a movie based on music, so there approximately 7-8 songs and they are all good. There are awesome. Only thing is there is no strong villain.

Fantastic movie I recommend to every person at every age !
  62. Jun 5, 2014
    to all the people that think frozen is bad. you are all very bad people. frozen is awesome...........................................................
  63. Jan 13, 2014
    It's one of the best Disney movies I've seen in years, since 'The Lion King' in 1994; And it deserves much better scores from the critics. It's an absolute must-see for anyone!
  64. Jan 14, 2014
    Where i see this movie i discover a new tipe of movie...
    The animated good movie.
    This Is a diferent movie comparate with the other animated movie.
    Conclusions:Is a good movie
  65. Nov 30, 2013
    This movie impacted me in a way that tangled, and princess and the frog, and every movie since beauty and the beast could not. It was absolutely phenomenal. The music (which is the best since the lion king), the humor (funniest disney movie of all time), and the not so typical ending. I was expecting it to be cliche, but it was truly a story of family, and how the greatest love of allThis movie impacted me in a way that tangled, and princess and the frog, and every movie since beauty and the beast could not. It was absolutely phenomenal. The music (which is the best since the lion king), the humor (funniest disney movie of all time), and the not so typical ending. I was expecting it to be cliche, but it was truly a story of family, and how the greatest love of all comes from family (In this case anna, and elsa). The music, the beautiful animation, the laughter, and the amazing story all help FROZEN to be one of my favorite movies this year. You would be more than sorry if you missed seeing this on the big screen. Expand
  66. Dec 28, 2013
    This movie is awesome if we are looking at it through a child eyes. Finally this Disney movie doesn't try to concentrate only for beauty and marriage. This is not about getting a husband, this is about family which makes it a lot better than other Disney movies.
  67. Jan 25, 2014
    I'll be brief here. What makes good movie a great one for me?
    Five things: good story, amazing characters, some well-timed pieces of comedy, beautiful visual appearance and most importantly, the music. With one of the greatest Disney soundtracks, this movie had it all. It was propably the best movie I've seen in years. Thank you, Disney.
  68. Feb 11, 2014
    A fabulous film! Wonderfully crafted & beautifully animated! The story of Anna & Elsa is both beautiful & touching. "Frozen" assures the fans that disney still has the magic.
  69. Mar 4, 2014
    The Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stayThe Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stay forever.

A decade ago, people called Disney is done and dusted but in recent couple of years, it was a great come back for them. ‘Tangled’ put them on the track, now with this wonderful family movie they are more confident. Yeah, I loved this movie a lot for many reasons. It was fast, sentimental, romantic and had adorable, cute 3D character models.

I think Disney studio is following on the footsteps of Studio Ghibli. I believe they found their strength in the name of the young girl’s role in their recent movies. Like Rapunzel for ‘Tangled’ this movie had Anna. Both the movies backed by pleasant music and admirable animal character with awesome facial expressions for humorous in parts of the storytelling.

I had seen all the nominees of this year’s animation movie, except Studio Ghibli's ‘The Wind Rises’. I liked ‘Monster University’, it was fun, but ‘The Croods’ attracted me a lot. I was hoping French animation ‘Ernest & Celestine’ could win, but after seeing it no doubt on why it got the honour. So I am happy for this movie's win at the big event.

9.5/10
  70. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent show, absorbing, entertaining, perfect animation, colors, and music. When it is needed to get away from tensions and dull movies there is no better than Frozen.
  71. Jun 29, 2014
    I thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since TheI thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since The Lion King! Elsa and Anna were all true to there selves. It wouldn't be a the movie it was without the silly snowman, Olaf. I give this movie a 9 out of 10! Expand
  72. Jan 27, 2014
    Wonderfully enchanting. The most amazing plot twist. Best movie Disney has made in FOREVER! The true definition of love. It was flawless (lots of singing lol) and fantastic graphics.
  73. Feb 9, 2014
    This could be the only Disney film that teaches you these two things.
    1. It takes a long time to know a man before marriage.
    2. You don't always need a man to save you! Your sister is the one that has your back no matter what!
    I believe the Oscar goes to this film for sure.
  74. Mar 2, 2014
    This movie was apparently voted the best Disney movie of all time and I completely agree with it. Frozen was an incredible movie that taught its audience a great message.
  75. Mar 7, 2014
    Frozen had magnificent music, lovely art, a fantastic story, and a really good humor which isn't appealing to only a certain age group. Overall, Frozen was easily one of my most favorite Disney movies.
  76. Mar 8, 2014
    Before watching the movie, I knew this was going to be great. And it was. The film is hilarious, touching, beautiful and it touches on many different aspects. It's a very fast-paced and enjoyable animation. Oh, and the soundtrack and songs are just incredible.
  77. Mar 19, 2014
    This movie will be one of those classic Disney films that you can watch all over again. The character animations and art are beautiful, the music is some of the best I've heard from Disney! It's a fun, feel-good movie for the family to watch, especially sisters :) keep it coming Disney! A must-buy for Blu-Ray
  78. Mar 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is absolutley fantastic. It's hilarious, heart-warming, and beautifully done. Disney defenitly made a different kind of princess movie- the princess falls in love with an ice picker... Instead of the traitor prince. I love the characters, Olaf is funny, Anna is silly, Elsa is like the mysterious one, Christoph is the shy guy, Hns is the traitor, and Sven is the animal friend.
    The whole story line I feel is great. It's quite interesting and I've watched the movie 5 times and I'm still intrigued. I love how they incorporate the songs into the scenes. The songs are absolutely amazing- Let it Go even won an Oscar! Their songs hit home and you can feel the emotion from the characters.
    Disney does a very good job of making Hans sound truthful. I love this movie for the fact that the protagonist doesn't end up falling in love with a prince. It makes it stand out amongst the other disney princess movies, along with Tangled and Brave. Overall, I think this is an amazing movie and people of all ages would enjoy it :).
  79. Mar 23, 2014
    Beautifully animated, gorgeous visuals as well as amazing vocal performances by the cast. Definitely would put it amongst the best Disney films ever made.
  80. Mar 24, 2014
    ''Dazzling.'' ''Breathtaking.'' ''Stunning.'' ''Phenomenal.'' & ''Unforgettable.'' Disney Animation's Best since The Lion King. The Best Animated Film of 2013.
  81. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the best animated films out there I have seen a lot of animated films I'm a big fan of Disney films because of that and let me tell you I went into this film with high expectations from what I heard from a lot of people and was not disappointed in fact I was surprised by the unexpected plot twists and was also surprised by the beauty of the ice powers that the ice queen used (it wasOne of the best animated films out there I have seen a lot of animated films I'm a big fan of Disney films because of that and let me tell you I went into this film with high expectations from what I heard from a lot of people and was not disappointed in fact I was surprised by the unexpected plot twists and was also surprised by the beauty of the ice powers that the ice queen used (it was pretty bad a** even by my standards I'm also a big fan of action and superhero movies) and even more so the emotion that was present in this movie its easy to become attached to the funny likeable characters and also easy to hate the hateful characters and although like a regular human being I wanted the bad guy to get killed his conclusion that only a Disney movie could pull off left me laughing and grinning those are all the positive elements and as for the negative there really isn't any except one and that's a personal opinion the only thing I thought was a little negative was the many songs they had and I would be more concerned if they were bad songs but the fact is they weren't they were catchy some were funny and others were cute all in all Frozen is definitely going to be watched by me again and gets a 10 out of 10 Expand
  82. Apr 4, 2014
    Certainly one of the better movies Disney has made, in a long time. There is a great mix of all the emotions throughout the film, which really keep you hooked, right until the end. The sound track is also excellent, I would happily listen to it all day long!
  83. Apr 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a 90’s child, I have grown up watching all of the Disney movies. All of the princess movies are the same as in they all convey a message that true love exists and that it is okay to give everything to a guy you just met. This message has harmed my generation, but Frozen changes that idea. Yeah, I know, I am a guy and I will admit . . . I watched the princess movies. In all honesty, Frozen is one of the best ones yet and I am now 19 instead of 7. Frozen, the most recent Disney success is meant to redefine the definition of “true love” that all the other Disney films have created. It also teaches hidden lessons to children such as: get to know someone before making any big decisions, a disability is not a curse no matter how bad it seems, and that hiding from your problems does not make them any easier to deal with. This movie was extravagant and included some of the best songs I have heard in all my years of watching Disney films.
    The movie is based on a fictional location called the kingdom of Arendelle. Arendelle is ran by a family of four a king, queen, and their two daughters Elsa and Anna. Elsa, the older sister, has this magical ability to create ice and snow. Anna is the younger sister who is very energetic and full of life. The kids begin their childhood not knowing anything but each other, and then the two are forced to spend time apart out of a fear of Elsa’s powers harming her sister. The two girls reunite at Elsa’s coronation about ten years after they are split up. The two girls are excited to see each other, but Elsa is still fearful and Anna is ready to explore and rebuild a relationship with her sister. The two girls get in an argument and Elsa flees to the mountains. Anna goes after her and meets a mountain man Kristoff, who guides her up the mountain to her sister’s hideaway. Anna reaches Elsa, but Elsa’s fear of harming her sister becomes reality. Anna becomes ill and goes back down the mountain to get to her kingdom. Elsa is captured and brought back to Arendelle as a criminal. Elsa gets scared and escapes captivity using her skills. The main characters find themselves out on the frozen water searching for one another. By the end Elsa figures out how to control her powers and the hope of the sisters’ relationship is restored. I’m going to be honest, I’m a guy in college and Frozen seemed a little too childish for me to go see, so I waited till my little sister made me watch it with her. The film immediately captured my attention with a heart-wrenching backstory and I soon realized that this film was much deeper than the commercials and advertisements. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Even on parts that were not meant to be so exciting I was captivated by some aspect of the film. This film was all inclusive and politically correct as well as telling a deep story. The political correctness comes from an encounter Anna has with the store owner and his family on her journey up the mountain. The store owner was a bit feminine and when the film flashed to give the viewer of his family, the viewer saw another big guy surrounded by little girls. The older audience caught on that the big guy in the back was his husband and the girls were “their” children. There is no other film that is this deep, politically correct, and this sound. Frozen is also one of a kind when it comes to the expertise in the musical soundtrack to the film. The film always had a song to go with the emotional parts and kept the audience’s attention by captivating them with songs.
    The film taught many lessons, but there are three in which I personally found. The lesson of getting to know someone before making any decisions comes with Anna and Prince Hans “falling in love”. Anna became really upset with Elsa when she said no to their marriage, but by the end, Anna had fallen in love with a completely other man. Another lesson that came to my mind was that a disability is not a curse no matter how bad it seems. This lesson is learned throughout the movie as Elsa learns to use her “powers” to her advantage and figures out how to control them. Just as if a man with a vision impairment was not able to see, but when he learns to use his other four senses in a way in which others cannot, then he is at an advantage to normal people versus being able to use all five in the average way. The last lesson I obtained in my time watching this film would be that hiding from your problems does not make those problems any easier to deal with. As Elsa was locked in her room for over 10 years she was unable to find out how to control her powers around others because she was afraid of hurting anyone. That is like a kid being afraid of a roller coaster but will not try it to see what it is really like. In all, there are many lessons taught throughout this movie and this is barely a scratch upon the surface.
    Frozen is a fantastic and lesson-filled film that is perfect for people of all ages! Personally, I h
  84. Jun 28, 2014
    The movie was different from what I was expecting - although at the start it felt rushed, in a sense, everything was happening too fast without much back story, later on it eventually continued in a normal pace. As a whole, the movie has a few ignorant mistakes such as constant and overwhelming musical numbers, which are fairly common. It's not that they themselves are bad in terms ofThe movie was different from what I was expecting - although at the start it felt rushed, in a sense, everything was happening too fast without much back story, later on it eventually continued in a normal pace. As a whole, the movie has a few ignorant mistakes such as constant and overwhelming musical numbers, which are fairly common. It's not that they themselves are bad in terms of quality, however their quantity easily averts attention away from the plot/scene at hand. Another let-down for me is how short the film felt. Don't get me wrong - there's enough to go on, but it still felt as if something could be something more added. People tend to dislike the film because it doesn't meet the standards of a Disney tittle, which is not in any way fair - the entire project should be considered as a whole, that is, Frozen is a wonderful film for people of all ages and will most certainly leave you misty-eyed at the end. I would definitely recommend watching it. Expand
  85. Jul 10, 2014
    Great story, greats songs, Great characters, Great message. Great animation movie.Disney has added another classic to it`s collection of great movies.
  86. Jul 12, 2014
    This is a good story that is focused on a sibling relationship first and a romance second, which I find refreshing. The two lead female characters are unique and strong (no dainty princess tripe), and the music is great. Overall, I found this to be a very good animated movie...
  87. Nov 30, 2013
    wonderful story line, great animations, graphics and characters. The only negative thing here is that there was to much music. If there was less music in the movie, I would have rated it a 10, but it is a 9 due to the amount of music.
  88. Dec 2, 2013
    Great movie for girls, really positive messages, that is why I gave it a 9. For myself, I doubt I would have given it above a 3.

As a father of two girls, I was very glad that it was a story about two sisters. **minor SPOILERS in the next few lines** I actually had to talk with my daughters (both under 10) to make sure they got that it was an 'act of true love' that saved the

**minor SPOILERS in the next few lines**

I actually had to talk with my daughters (both under 10) to make sure they got that it was an 'act of true love' that saved the day, and not the true love's kiss. I don't think they fully got it that it was the relationship between the two sisters that was essential. Hopefully they will see it again (probably a few times) on video and that message will fully sink in, but I am glad they saw it in the theatre.

For me it was something very different. I am a huge fan of animated movies that can entertain both adults and children, Pixar being my favorite. I dragged my wife to see Pixar movies before our children were born. But this movie did not work for me, I might have enjoyed a few moments here and there, but otherwise I was bored.
  89. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was surprisingly good and to me was not like other predictable Disney movies. IT had a lot of singing but I really enjoyed watching it. Olaf the snowman was my by far favorite character. Expand
  90. Dec 7, 2013
    This movie with out a doubt was an amazingly fond film. Disney did a great job. Aside from some of the "musical" elements in the beginning it was very good but a very predictable story though with a twist. I really enjoyed and I think you would too. It's great and touching too. I give Frozen a 9.8/10. -.02 for musicals. So overall a 10.
  91. Mar 17, 2014
    An Outstanding Animated Movie With Beautiful Girls (;D) !!!

** Frozen ** * This is an outstanding animated movie with amazing visual effects and wonderful story packed with adventure & humor that gives fun and excitement which delivers in grand scale making this movie easily stands as one the best in animated movies of all time !! . * The story mainly surrounds about the
    An Outstanding Animated Movie With Beautiful Girls (;D) !!!

** Frozen **

* The story mainly surrounds about the relationship and adventures between two sisters Anna& Elsa in which they go through with series of hardship to achieve what they seek ! . A wonderful story with good characters that influence this movie with a huge clarity the story is one of the main features that gives this movie a grand success !! .

* The characters in this movie are very like-able their interaction gave this movie lot of humor that we enjoy by watching the screen play they were well developed and were perfectly presented in screenplay beautiful manner .

* The most of the Disney movies are like Les Misérables style like singing and dancing with musical themes ! this movie has the same style with good songs and music which is done wonderfully with humor and great visual effects ! .

* This movie has the wonderful and amazing visual effects some of it seems is being influenced by the movies such as Tangled and Wreck it Ralph but still its more Bright & Colorful it literally glitters and sparkles through out the whole movie giving its beauty and brilliance .

* The Director of this movie deserve a great appreciation for making this animated movie successful they did great job managing screen play, character development and visual effects perfectly with out any mismatch .

* This whole movie feels like a fun winter with lots snow and ice !.

* The Movie is simply amazing with all the fun stuffs gathered with good story and wonderful visual effects it stands out one of the best in animated movies !!! .

Frozen : **********

(10/10) Stars
  92. Nov 30, 2013
    A very fun and imaginative movie; Frozen manages to tell a nice story with likable characters, compelling scenarios and top quality animation... its downside is the fact that, in typical Disney fashion, it doesn't take any risks due to their target audience but is still a fun movie to watch, it's a shame that the best elements of the story are downed in favor of being more family friendly...
  93. Apr 6, 2014
    The best animated movie I've seen so far, "hands down"! It's not just the great music, super voice acting, amazing animation, and well developed story, it's more than that. It's the true realization of disney's vision of children movie.
  94. Apr 27, 2014
    What can I possibly say about Frozen?!? It is one of my favourite animated movies. The music is everlastingly catchy and I now sing the songs constantly. I also refer to lots of quotes in every day life. Why? Because they are brilliant of course! This movie is a must see for Disney lovers, musical adorers and children everywhere. It is light and heartwarming. The characters are beautifulWhat can I possibly say about Frozen?!? It is one of my favourite animated movies. The music is everlastingly catchy and I now sing the songs constantly. I also refer to lots of quotes in every day life. Why? Because they are brilliant of course! This movie is a must see for Disney lovers, musical adorers and children everywhere. It is light and heartwarming. The characters are beautiful and the scenery is so well done. The story line is beautiful and shows that true love conquers all and not always in the way you expect. The plot twist was great! No spoilers though. So watch it! Expand
  95. Mar 5, 2014
    from the creators of tangled they present frozen this is wonderful movie and india menzel is amazing kristen bell not so much or the snowman not even close to great
  96. Apr 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen takes me back to the days of the Disney Renaissance with it's music, imagery, and the magic of fantasy and fairy tales. The two stars, Anna and Elsa, are wonderfully played by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, respectively. Love is provided a different meaning this time around compared to previous Disney films and its not just about love between a princess and prince or anything related to that. Of course, there is a eventual relationship between one of the main girls and one of the main guys. However, that is besides the point. The film shows that there is more to true love than we usually think of, which is pretty nice. There is a lot of examples of girls feeling empowered, besides the obvious one when Elsa sang "Let It Go" after running away from Arendelle after exposing her ice powers to the public. There's a lot of likable characters in this movie, including Olaf who provides most of the humor along with the clumsy Anna. The music is wonderful and it re-creates that Disney magic that I have not seen in a while, in terms of Disney animated musicals. The atmosphere and imagery of the film is incredible and makes the area of Arendelle vast. The animation is pretty cool, especially the snow effects, which proves central to the film's story and characters. Overall, very good movie and for those who have questioned whether Disney Animation Studios has lost its magic, here's your answer (along with Tangled). Expand
  97. Apr 12, 2014
    With all the praise Frozen had been getting, I decided to go and watch it. From the trailers, it seems pretty terrible, some story about a snowman and a reindeer. But when I sat down to watch it, I was completely blown away. It's other-wordly good. I've really got no words to describe how much of an impact this movie can have. It's so emotional and so perfectly executed. I've never watchedWith all the praise Frozen had been getting, I decided to go and watch it. From the trailers, it seems pretty terrible, some story about a snowman and a reindeer. But when I sat down to watch it, I was completely blown away. It's other-wordly good. I've really got no words to describe how much of an impact this movie can have. It's so emotional and so perfectly executed. I've never watched a movie so many times before, and yet it gets better and better every time. It's truly once in a lifetime that something can have such an effect on you. I was expected much, but the animation, the storyline, the drama, the RIDICULOUSLY GOOD musical numbers make it not the best disney animation I've seen, but by far the best animated movie I've ever seen and ever will see. Expand
  98. Apr 16, 2014
    It's a very good movie to watch. Your can watch it with your family's, friends, or anyone. Two sisters were the queen and the prissiness in there country named Erindale. The queen was Elsa and her little sister was Anna. When they were kids Anna was hit by Elsa power. Elsa power was frozen power. That can frozen anything that she hold. That day they made there own cute snowman named Olaf.It's a very good movie to watch. Your can watch it with your family's, friends, or anyone. Two sisters were the queen and the prissiness in there country named Erindale. The queen was Elsa and her little sister was Anna. When they were kids Anna was hit by Elsa power. Elsa power was frozen power. That can frozen anything that she hold. That day they made there own cute snowman named Olaf. He wanted it to be summer but he didn't know is that he would melt. Ten he became alive and started to talk with everyone plus he is A VERY CUTE SNOWMAN!!! Expand
  99. Apr 16, 2014
    It's been 3 years since the last Disney movie and 18 years since a good one. This is probably the best Disney movie anyone could ever ask for. This has also been the fist time that Disney if not working by the book! This is a must see movie!!!
  100. Apr 27, 2014
    frozen movie its the best , amazing , fantastic.
    animation and musical very very good, i like it......................................................

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 13, 2013
    The film transcends its various borrowings and occasional stumblings with a modern, exuberant spirit that draws heat from Broadway-style musical numbers and, before and after everything else, from marvelous 3-D animation
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Dec 9, 2013
    Not quite up there with "Tangled," but a solid addition to the canon. Catchy tunes will have you humming, but the hunt for the next "The Little Mermaid" continues...
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin