7.9

1. Sep 21, 2014
    not bad, may be good enough to produce a blockbuster. but nothing great or extraordinary. over-rated frankly speaking.
    And seriously this wins Academy Award over 'The Wind Rises'. Oscar has just became a joke with this.

Typical disney princess story. The ost 'Let it go' was good though. I would give it 5 or 6 out of 10. [5-6/10]
  2. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is going to end up as one of Disney's movies that's really big for a good while it first comes out...then it will disappear into obscurity. Once the Let It Go flames die out it will too. Of course with that I will say it's not the worst of the worst, but it's not grand either. It's actually soooooo bad in the beginning that it's painfully bad. The first 20 minutes of the movie made me want to die a death so bad that Diablo himself can come and skip rope with my god damned intestines then make me suffer those beginning 20 minutes again.

The only way Frozen got a 4 is that at least (when everyone is singing like morons and generally out of tune) it's at least enjoyable. Anna isn't enjoyable though...ever...ever...never. She is full of derp. Of course suffering through her complete inability to use her brain there is something under the surface of the ice.

The story is at least intriguing. Given I don't see why you'd force your child to hide her super awesome ice control abilities. Especially when the rest of the kingdom seems completely fine with it by the end of the film. (No freaking clue there.) Also it did get hit by the generic Disney story of..."Ey, yo!! Yo parents done died foo'!!" Which of course leads into exposition, which then leads into fourteen more pointless songs from people who can't sing and this is what drags down any fun you can have with Frozen. As stated before however...when everyone shuts the **** up, the story moves on and the movie feels fun. Until the next song.

The songs in this movie suck. All of them...end of this segment.

The characters are all derpy idiots, the worst being Anna by far. I'm most assured she just recently learned how to breath through her mouth as previously she did not breath at all. The lame, generic, bad guy prince that Disney has been shoveling out like it's going out of style is just that. Lame...annnnd generic. Sven and his reindeer sex partner are also...pretty derp. Sven is less derpy then Anna and Prince Whatshisface but not by much. The only characters I honestly liked were Elza and the damned snowman. I liked...the stupid talking snowman more then the humans. That's pretty bad. There is a reason for this however.

It is, to me, near impossible to ever get connected to a character who can only speak...IN SONG!!! Therefore since the snowman has 1 song, and the rest of the time is him being funny, I kinda like him. I think I only like Elza for cool character design and the fact that Let It Go was in fact the best song in the entire movie, and it's not even that amazing of a song. The characters are near impossible to make any sort of human connection to.

In the end when everyone is not singing terrible songs and being cliche as **** it's enjoyable. When they're doing what was previously stated, it's agonizing. Sadly most of the time they're being the former which just leaves for one big let down. Therefore I think for this movie we should just...let it go. (Punny...I know.)
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen é um filme criativo e chamativo, mas eu pensei que seria melhor. Claro, o filme é bom e foi um sucesso de bilheteria, mas esperava algo mais. É muito tempo de duração,e não precisava disso tudo. Tem algumas coisas interessantes, como Olaf, mas a Elsa não é o protagonista? Isso me deixou um pouco confuso. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2014
    I didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie its probably the best I've ever seen this movie would be worth watching just to see how visually impressive it is Elsa is probably the prettiest of all the Disney princesses and the most unique making her my favorite of the Disney female characters overall Frozen is my favorite animated film and gets a very rare 10. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Good points about this title is the indepth character design paired with a massive 64 multiplayer experience.
    However there are weak points such as the stale singleplayer and a badly optimised graphics engine that requires the best hardware to run.
    Overall 9/10 great multiplayer experience.
  6. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is the biggest-earning animated film of all time. It is full of excellent songs, great animation, and a plot more mature than the usual family flick. Put simply, it is honest, enjoyable, and beautiful to watch. But it falls short of its highly regarded reputation in quite a few areas.
    You can really sense the effort that the filmmakers at Disney have put into this movie, however it doesn't always seem like they've focused it in the right areas. Frozen is frankly better at starting plot and character arcs than it is at tying up all the loose ends left over. The characters seem more distant and less involving than those of past Disney hits. And for a movie called "the most feminist and progressive", the more major of the two heroines (Anna) spends a lot of time relying on the men to help her.
    But Frozen is by no means a bad movie. Olaf and Sven are hilarious to watch. The songs are superb, especially Let It Go. And the movie successfully challenges the old Disney formula of true love at first sight. Frozen is not the biggest or the best animated movie, but it is certainly good quality family entertainment for all.
  7. Sep 2, 2014
    Frozen has already become a winter classic--this Disney tale is much more than a children's story. To know that Frozen may never have been completed is devastating to think about.
  8. Aug 20, 2014
    People have so over rated it. It's just another movie which is easily forgettable ..!!
    Music was good(not the starting 10 min.), story was different but not great, characters were good but not well built.
    The only character i really loved in the movie is that cute little talking snowman, he was the best built character in movie..!!
    I give it 5, one extra for snowman..!!
  9. Aug 19, 2014
    Ok, so i'm 15. I play lots of games with killing in them. I get that i'm not the movies target audience. That being said, I like Disney movies. I watched that one with the little Irish girl, the one with the Indian girl, the one with the Lion. Anyway, the movie. Its ok, I guess...I mean, there isn't anything really good here. I forgot the soundtrack already, keep in mind i watched it about 12 hours ago, and well...em...the story is Disney, the voices are good...and well...meh...not good, not bad. Its kinda just...there... Expand
  10. Aug 18, 2014
    Okay so I went in with low expectations because the commercials just gave me that feeling it wasn't going to be good. Granted it did say musical so when I finally sat down to watch it I forced myself to be optimistic thinking it might be like a typical disney musical which end up good (ex: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc) but I was let down and if I could give a negative score I would. I have no idea how so many people like it but whatever.

Although the animation is decent (it's pixar) and the scenery is nice those are its only saving graces and it's not enough. The constant singing by people who can't sing and the songs about nothing important are grating and annoying. In the opening sequence of about 20 minutes (there are three dramatic moments in this amount of time btw) into the movie there are 4 songs and only one of them should have been there. Due to being annoyed I can't find myself able to care about the characters and although I ended up turning it off after 20 minutes I am going to force myself to watch it until the end. I can tell right now however that the characters will be severely under-developed due to all the singing which will prevent you from getting to know them and feel for them. As for the story.... from what I've heard it's very bland and the supporting characters that have been introduced already are forgettable....

In short, I would not recommend this movie to anyone unless they're up for a bit of torture...especially if they're a musician as the songs compared to the normal quality of Disney songs are very poor and a major step backwards. Of course the whole thing seems like a major step backwards for Disney.
  11. Aug 14, 2014
    This movie is so overrated. The pilot make me confuse. I just don't get it: how did Elsa get her power, how can the rocky -thingies talk and have magical power , why can Olaf talk. This movie is all about the music.
  12. Aug 5, 2014
    Frozen has great music,superb animation,a horrible story,horrible character stories(If there was any that is),and of course horrid Characters.Disney desperately tries to make another classic musical,succeeded on the music department,but fails in everything else.How Frozen won an Academy Award is beyond me. One thing is clear though,Frozen would of made a good Fantasia(without the ridiculous story and characters that is). Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2014
    This movie is just boring i love Disney and their classic character's like Mickey Mouse Donald Duck and Goofy and the rest but this is just **** torture.
  14. Jul 26, 2014
    I love Frozen so much its the best movie ever besides wreak it ralph is my fav moie whats yours mine is wreak it ralph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye !!!
  15. Jul 25, 2014
    Frozen es una película que aunque tiene buena animación, es muy infiel a la verdadera historia, por lo tanto no logra cumplir un buen estándar y deja algo que desear.
  16. Jul 22, 2014
    All I got to say, watch this movie. You will not regret it. The songs are great, the characters are great, the story is one of Disney's best and the animation in smooth and nicely styled like Pixar movies. It sure teaches little girls not to be blind about love and such. Not going to spoil anything though. And for the first time in forever, you should watch this movie.
  17. chw
    Jul 19, 2014
    Frozen was an alright children's film. It's also a musical, and I'm not to fond of them, but Frozen did have a good story, although there were too many songs.
  18. Jul 19, 2014
    Gracias a esta obra, se confirma que a Disney le gusta arruinar las historias divertidas y entretenidas de los hermanos Grim, aunque posee una buena banda sonora y animación, escuchar tantas canciones tontas fastidia, solo puedo rescatar algunas que me gustan, ya estoy arto de su Let It Go.
  19. Jul 15, 2014
    Very overrated. Sure, the animation and visuals are great; but it's not as funny as it should be (there is like only one scene when i actually laughed), the characters and plot are nothing original (love conquers and stuff like that), and most of the songs are pretty boring (i only liked the one by the trolls).

I was expecting something worthy of all the critical and commercial success
    this movie has enjoyed, but i didn't. Expand
  20. Jul 12, 2014
    This is a good story that is focused on a sibling relationship first and a romance second, which I find refreshing. The two lead female characters are unique and strong (no dainty princess tripe), and the music is great. Overall, I found this to be a very good animated movie...
  21. Jul 10, 2014
    Great story, greats songs, Great characters, Great message. Great animation movie.Disney has added another classic to it`s collection of great movies.
  22. Jul 8, 2014
    By now, if you aren’t a three-year-old – in which case I would be puzzled to see you reading this –, you know what to bargain for when watching a Disney production: ravishing animations, a feel good story teaching morals, more or less fun for the whole family, but also a rather unoriginal script abounding with clichés. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee’s Frozen preserves the modus operandi, but is one of the most exciting and entertaining features the film studio has forged in recent years nevertheless. Expand
  23. Jul 6, 2014
    This is probably the best Disney animated film for the last 20 years, since "The Lion King"! I must say that I'm very impressed. The songs are lovely and memorable, the music is great, the plot is interesting and quite unusual for Disney, the characters are very nice. I'm really looking forward for a sequel.
  24. Jul 4, 2014
    I do admit that Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" was powerful and amazing, but maybe it was too powerful and amazing, because after that sequence, everything seemed a little less exiting. Nevertheless, "Frozen" as a whole is still fun and entertaining, so I don't see why You shouldn't give it a try.
  25. Jun 29, 2014
    I thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since The Lion King! Elsa and Anna were all true to there selves. It wouldn't be a the movie it was without the silly snowman, Olaf. I give this movie a 9 out of 10! Expand
  26. Jun 28, 2014
    The movie was different from what I was expecting - although at the start it felt rushed, in a sense, everything was happening too fast without much back story, later on it eventually continued in a normal pace. As a whole, the movie has a few ignorant mistakes such as constant and overwhelming musical numbers, which are fairly common. It's not that they themselves are bad in terms of quality, however their quantity easily averts attention away from the plot/scene at hand. Another let-down for me is how short the film felt. Don't get me wrong - there's enough to go on, but it still felt as if something could be something more added. People tend to dislike the film because it doesn't meet the standards of a Disney tittle, which is not in any way fair - the entire project should be considered as a whole, that is, Frozen is a wonderful film for people of all ages and will most certainly leave you misty-eyed at the end. I would definitely recommend watching it. Expand
  27. Jun 28, 2014
    Generally bad, predictable, unoriginal storyline. After the brilliance of Tangled, Frozen really disappointed me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it was over-hyped and wasn't good enough for many. However, I think that everyone who pretends to like this film is only doing it because they expected it to be better.
  28. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: Disney animations from the past 10 years have been poor but they have been improving. Of the much more recent ones, I have seen Meet the Robinsons, Bolt and Wreck-it-Ralph. Had a terrible experience with Enchanted. Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey...urrgh! in any film.
    Review:
    Pros: I liked the change from the polygonal characters we often get with Pixar's films.
    This has a great X-Men mutant type story with great songs and comedy bits and a very good twist at the end.
    Cons: Slightly let down by lack of realism in how the two princesses go around with so little clothing in the cold and with some of the ice structures.
    4.5/5 - Good enough to pay to watch it in the cinema and perhaps buy the DVD.
  29. Jun 20, 2014
    Ok first off let me get one thing straight, people really need to shut the f***k up about this movie! It's really not as "amazing" as almost everyone is making it out to be. I mean the Animation is incredible, the songs are indeed good, and the characters are likable, but people are not realizing how many problems there were with the story and plot. Was it an amazing movie?: no. Was it a terrible movie?: no. The most the movie really was was just "good." Expand
  30. Jun 12, 2014
    Though the animation is arguably Disney's best yet, the story falls short of its expected standard. The characters are stock and hollow with no real personality. The story is heartfelt at times but is overshadowed by the plot's lack of logic. Fun and enjoyable, but not a Disney classic despite its inexplicable box office success.
  31. Jun 10, 2014
    This film made 1.2 Billion? I'm not into musicals, so I thought hey maybe the storyline is great which is why its so popular... But no. The film has the most typical boring cliché storyline, and you know whats going to happen 30-40 mins into the film. I wasn't expecting the best storyline in the entire world on a scale of The Matrix or anything like that. But they could have done a lot more. Not to mention the overall animation could had been a slightly better as well.

The characters aren't interesting either, nothing really appeals to me about this film. But hey, if you like musicals then you'll love this film to death I guess.
  32. Jun 5, 2014
    to all the people that think frozen is bad. you are all very bad people. frozen is awesome...........................................................
  33. Jun 5, 2014
    Many of the movies I saw in 2013 were epic Sci-Fi adventures, with battles and stuff. Even though I saw Frozen in April (and have been obsessed with it ever since), I still count it as 2013. But anyway, the music was amazing, Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel were beautiful, and...yeah, that concludes it.

By the way, did I mention I loved Kristen Bell's performances?
  34. Jun 3, 2014
    A good but SUPER-OVERRATED movie! The story is the same as other Disney movies. Something tragic happens to their family and then they grow up to be princesses. But, the animation is top Notch and the characters, especially Olaf, are heartwarming.
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    This was a fairly average movie. The animation was beautiful, but the plot and pacing weren't quite up to snuff. However, the biggest detracting feature was probably the songs, oddly enough - there were a LOT of them, especially towards the start of the movie, but they weren't especially good by and large, with only two which were really any good. It was a very nice idea for a movie, but the execution just wasn't there on it, and the first half of the movie kind of dragged. Only towards the end did it really start to pick up, but the fact that I never really identified with the characters in the movie at all kept me from really enjoying the ending all that much.

Definitely not Disney's best, and I'm quite confused why people were so blown away by it - it was pretty, but nothing special. The LEGO movie, for all its silliness, was far better.
  36. Jun 1, 2014
    Frozen was definitely a cute and well made movie. The voice animations were fantastic and Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel did an incredible job as Anna and Elsa. I thought some of the spontaneous outbursts of song were a bit forced and took away from the moments a bit and I thought they could've made some of the emotional elements a bit deeper. That last part is what tends to separate Pixar from the rest of the bunch but Frozen still mostly delivered. I thought it was a bit overhyped because I don't think it's the greatest animated film ever but it's still a great film and definitely the best of the past year or two. Expand
  37. May 30, 2014
    Let It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updates the Disney formula to the modern age..the princesses are definetelly more independent, not relying on their Prince Charming to save the day. Great entertainment. Expand
  38. May 27, 2014
    Frozen is overrated, yes, but two things I've seen it's bugging some people. 1) Why would you watch a musical if you don't like musicals and then say "I didn't like it because it has many songs? I mean... Does MUSICAL says anything to you? and 2) Many people say it's a "copy" from the Lion King don't realize that if we compare all the movies the way they do, 99% of the movies ever made will be a "Copy". Please don't use that argument, it's just dumb.

Let's be critical here. I liked the movie, it's not awesome, but it's good, you can't say it isn't good or else you'll not be objective. Disney follows their predictable formula on story telling, yes, it has a nice final and different touch in message when the "charming prince" turns out to be the "bad guy" so that is new for Disney.

In characters, Elsa, it's probably one of the best characters ever created in a Disney movie (I'm talking about her as an individual character) and, as I said before, the Charming Prince being not so charming is a good addition. The characters I really dislike were the trolls, the design is just plain, they could have done something better with their story and design, I personally hated them, specially their song, it gives nothing to the storyline, the lyrics are not good, nor the composition, it's just basic.

Overall the songs are not iconic, except for the obvious two "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and "Let it Go", this last one having a great composition, you should listen to it with your best headphones to discover the greatness of this song and of course, the kinda cheesy, but empowering lyrics.

So if you like musicals and animated movies with good visual effects, watch Frozen. If you don't like musicals and Disney, just stay away from it.
  39. May 25, 2014
    I never really understood the infatuation with Frozen everyone seems to have, and I still do not, but it is a well executed movie and is extremely funny film for all ages. It strives without any headlining actors and is a very fun and new idea. The plot isn't developed ass much as other animated Disney films, and maybe that is a poor job on their part, but it doesn't affect the film at all as overall, it is a fun, entertaining, and feel good movie. Expand
  40. May 24, 2014
    Frozen is one of the best Disney releases in a long time and reminds you of what they are capable of. The story is interesting and the songs make the movie a delightful experience.
  41. May 21, 2014
    All Characters, Actors, and Music are good. But what's Wrong it's 80% Funny. Not Really Much Funny Stuff in the movie, but Olaf is not really a funny snowman.
  42. May 15, 2014
    This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little **** This movie is for little **** ass **** little ****
  43. May 15, 2014
    The only big positive thing I see in this movie is the beautiful animation. Other than that, the movie isn't very good, and it is highly overrated.
    The characters are not that notable; Anna is optimistic, but Elsa and Christoff are very bland characters. Plus, while searching for Elsa, the movie feels lonely when it should not have felt that way. Anna and Christoff felt like real
    characters, but Sven acts like a normal reindeer, making him seem more like a mode of transportation than a character. Sure, Sven can't talk, but Abu didn't talk in Aladdin, but they still gave him a personality by making him show emotions that were more human-like than animal-like. Lastly, Olaf seems to serve no purpose in this movie. Sure, he's a nice optimistic character, but we already had Anna, so he felt empty as a character.
    But, in my opinion, the worst thing about the movie is the plot. It starts off with no antagonist, making the movie feel pointless right from the start. Disney should've fixed this with Hans acting in ways that made characters suspicious that he was hiding something. The twist at the end wasn't enough to save this error; there is absolutely no way that Hans could act that perfectly without showing at least one trace of being evil. And the goal of the movie is to get Elsa back to the city, correct? She clearly didn't want to go back, so why do you even bother? The act of true love was stupid too. I'm actually not mad about the cliche, but more how Anna was unfrozen; a hug. A HUG? C'mon! Wasn't it an act of true love when Christoff took her to the castle, or when he tried to save her?
    Thus, with shallow characters and a bad plot, this movie gets a 4, only getting that high because of the amazing animation.
  44. May 15, 2014
    This movie is CRAP!!! It just goes through a bunch of deaths, and that dumb song, "Let it Go" Is so freaking annoying!!! If you're thinking about watching this, DON'T!
  45. May 13, 2014
    The theme of Treason in Disney Frozen - A major imporatance.

Among others, Treason is a major theme of the movie. It has a tad of importance in bringing tension to the story. It is the gateway used to captivate and avails the audience attention. There are three main causes of treason in Frozen; Elsa’s ambiguous treason to the sisterly love between her and Anna, Arendelle’s
    miscomprehension of Elsa’s attitude, and Hans’s treason towards Anna.

The first impression of treason in Frozen plays an important part by which the story unfolds to the climax as it helps the audience to better understand Elsa’s fear, overprotective character and personality. It happens at the end of the coronation day when Elsa neglects Anna’s pretense of true love and asks her to leave Arendelle. At this moment, we are able to better understand the gap in the relation they share since Anna’s childhood accident. This is in fact the result of the translucent but real love that Elsa has for her younger sister. Her excessive want of protecting Anna from her powers makes her the reckless, inappropriate and non-caring sister for Anna especially at this moment of the film.

The most important act of treason which hovers around the climax of the movie though is Arendelle’s miscomprehension and reject of their newly coronated Queen whom they consider as a terrible monster and threat for the Kingdom. The way Arendelle responds to Elsa adds up to her fear which causes her to escape the Kingdom, to settle and alone herself on the North Mountains where she believes to be free and evacuates her long concealed fear. This feeling of treason continues to exist till the end of the sequel when she is imprisoned and sentence to death by Prince Hans.

Further in treason, Hans clearly shows his real motivation of loving Anna when he refuses to kiss the latter in hope that she will die since she has been struck to the heart by Elsa. By this means would make him heir, hope and King of Arendelle. This act of treason helps to expand before its conclusion one of the major theme which is Love. It gives much more meaning to Anna and Hans’ song “Love Is An Open Door.” Anna’s quest for affectionate love and Hans’ who seeks only in establishing himself in a Kingdom completely outmatch the audiences’ hope of true love one might thing the two of them would be sharing. Hans’s treason also provides scope for the newly discovered but early developing true love between Kristoff and Anna.

Treason is not only a theme which covers the plot but also an important feature which makes the conclusion of the movie much more beautiful as it is said that “Love will thaw.” Certainly, at the end Love prevails upon treason which seems more like a mere oblivion in the conclusion of the movie.
  46. May 12, 2014
    I enjoyed Frozen a lot, but I don't think that it's as great as some may say. It does have great characters, beautiful animation and some good songs (especially Let if Go) and I do like that it goes down some routes and uses some formulas that have a nostalgic feeling to them. However, to all those "die-hard" Frozen fans who think that Frozen is the best Disney movie since The Lion King, I have to disagree. For example I do think that a couple of the songs are a little forgettable and not to mention I wasn't the biggest fan of the overall story. But Frozen still does impress me, it's probably about as good as Tangled and I would recommend it to Disney Die-hards. Expand
  47. May 7, 2014
    Frozen is a masterpiece in animation this was one of the best animated films I have ever seen. the musical moments was amazing the story is funny and charming all at once. This was truly one of the best films I have ever seen.
  48. May 6, 2014
    I love CGI movies, but this was a big disappointment! 1. The animations were nothing new, it seems like they haven't done anything new in over 5 years! Even some of the textures were low resolution! 2. The musical pieces seem, just like a filler in the movie. 3. Story? there was no story, it was a copy of the lion king. 4. This is another example of a Disney movie, that should of went straight to Blu-ray release! Expand
  49. May 6, 2014
    Overall it was a decent Disney movie that I believe will become a Disney classic. The only issue I really had was there was too much singing but besides that it was a great movie. Great plot that kept you involved until the end. This movie shows the power of Disney and how relevant they still are. Even though there are too many songs I still believe the song choice is great. Besides all that this movie has a great comic twist that is regressing to the movie itself. Not the best Disney movie but one that will go down as a classic. Expand
  50. May 5, 2014
    Perfectly formulaic no heart no brain a semblance of a strong female lead to inspire girls to buy fads . Not a single creative song full of negative stereotypes . universal acclaim no should be disdain. Let it Go starts empowering but ends in a negative passive aggressive manner .
  51. May 2, 2014
    This movie tries to make us have fun, but all that it delivers is a horrible script, boring musical numbers (except for let it go), and a plot that is so ridiculous that turns to be Disney's worst film till now.
  52. May 1, 2014
    First things first: this movie is NOT bad , not at all. It has nice characters, the story is pretty good and has nice twists that I actually didn't expect, the comedy is not invasive and the side characters are also very likeable. But it has 3 big major flaws that really drew me back and I couldn't enjoy it at all.

1) Too many songs! I grew up with Disney, so did a lot of people, so
    hearing songs in a Disney movies is nothing new and some of my favourites are actually from Disney....but here, it's just too much. I could count at least 3 or 4 useless song during the entire movie (even more, but I have a reason for that), and it slows the pacing of the movie instead of increasing it. Some songs are good at least and those few that fit DO really fit. But "Quality over quantity" next time please....oh, and "Let it go" is decent.

2)This should have been a 2D animated movie. I'm sorry, but it should have been, because the characters are obviously drawn for representing a 2D animated movie, not a 3D one. Don't take me wrong though the movie is FANTASTICALLY well done, GORGEOUSLY animated and has some amazing designs despite the lack of colors (It's mostly white). Still....I just couldn't stop thinking how better it could have been if it was a 2D cartoon, and not only because of the characters being just too similar to normal people, but mainly because it's not realistic and it's thought to be likelike that, yet it is 3D, very realistic, and in the end it's so unfitting I couldn't stop thinking about it...I mean, would you think the same of a movie such as The Little Mermaid or Aladdin, if it was remade entirely in 3D? Infact, this leads to my biggest flaw of the movie....

3)It.Is.Forgettable. I saw this movie yesterday and I already forgot about it...and that is the worst sin a movie could do nowadays: being "bad" that it's forgettable. But it's not a bad movie, so why did I forget it just after watching it? Because of the 3D graphics being boring...despite being VERY good. It's ironic I know but, like I said, this movie would have been so better if it was made in 2D, because the movie ITSELF is actually thought to be a 2D movie. Or, if they wanted to make it 3D, then make it completely realistic like The Polar Express or A Christmas Carol: those work, because characters aren't made to look like 2D animated characters, but thought to be actual people and that's why they impress people. Frozen instead just becomes a vague memory the moment you turn off your dvd reader, because you've seen the same 3D stuff everywhere (if not better), better jokes, better humour...and better stories.

Am I being unfair? Probably, but I was very curious about this movie and I'm sort of glad to have watched it...but I highly doubt that I'll watch it again in the near future, If you loved it, good for you and don't take my opinion as a personal matter: it's just opinion.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to watch some lion becoming a king or something....
  53. Apr 30, 2014
    Easily the worst Disney movie ever. It's like a hybrid of Tangled and some old Disney classics (not Pixar movies). Overloaded with the most annoying songs (especially Let it Go). But the snowman (he has a very weird name) is cute
  54. Apr 27, 2014
    Not a fan of Disney films or musicals, so this was a surprise. Great visuals, animation, humor, and soundtrack. Right up there with Wall-E. Highly recommend.
  55. Apr 27, 2014
    What can I possibly say about Frozen?!? It is one of my favourite animated movies. The music is everlastingly catchy and I now sing the songs constantly. I also refer to lots of quotes in every day life. Why? Because they are brilliant of course! This movie is a must see for Disney lovers, musical adorers and children everywhere. It is light and heartwarming. The characters are beautiful and the scenery is so well done. The story line is beautiful and shows that true love conquers all and not always in the way you expect. The plot twist was great! No spoilers though. So watch it! Expand
  56. Apr 27, 2014
    frozen movie its the best , amazing , fantastic.
    animation and musical very very good, i like it......................................................
  57. Apr 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a 90’s child, I have grown up watching all of the Disney movies. All of the princess movies are the same as in they all convey a message that true love exists and that it is okay to give everything to a guy you just met. This message has harmed my generation, but Frozen changes that idea. Yeah, I know, I am a guy and I will admit . . . I watched the princess movies. In all honesty, Frozen is one of the best ones yet and I am now 19 instead of 7. Frozen, the most recent Disney success is meant to redefine the definition of “true love” that all the other Disney films have created. It also teaches hidden lessons to children such as: get to know someone before making any big decisions, a disability is not a curse no matter how bad it seems, and that hiding from your problems does not make them any easier to deal with. This movie was extravagant and included some of the best songs I have heard in all my years of watching Disney films.
    The movie is based on a fictional location called the kingdom of Arendelle. Arendelle is ran by a family of four a king, queen, and their two daughters Elsa and Anna. Elsa, the older sister, has this magical ability to create ice and snow. Anna is the younger sister who is very energetic and full of life. The kids begin their childhood not knowing anything but each other, and then the two are forced to spend time apart out of a fear of Elsa’s powers harming her sister. The two girls reunite at Elsa’s coronation about ten years after they are split up. The two girls are excited to see each other, but Elsa is still fearful and Anna is ready to explore and rebuild a relationship with her sister. The two girls get in an argument and Elsa flees to the mountains. Anna goes after her and meets a mountain man Kristoff, who guides her up the mountain to her sister’s hideaway. Anna reaches Elsa, but Elsa’s fear of harming her sister becomes reality. Anna becomes ill and goes back down the mountain to get to her kingdom. Elsa is captured and brought back to Arendelle as a criminal. Elsa gets scared and escapes captivity using her skills. The main characters find themselves out on the frozen water searching for one another. By the end Elsa figures out how to control her powers and the hope of the sisters’ relationship is restored. I’m going to be honest, I’m a guy in college and Frozen seemed a little too childish for me to go see, so I waited till my little sister made me watch it with her. The film immediately captured my attention with a heart-wrenching backstory and I soon realized that this film was much deeper than the commercials and advertisements. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Even on parts that were not meant to be so exciting I was captivated by some aspect of the film. This film was all inclusive and politically correct as well as telling a deep story. The political correctness comes from an encounter Anna has with the store owner and his family on her journey up the mountain. The store owner was a bit feminine and when the film flashed to give the viewer of his family, the viewer saw another big guy surrounded by little girls. The older audience caught on that the big guy in the back was his husband and the girls were “their” children. There is no other film that is this deep, politically correct, and this sound. Frozen is also one of a kind when it comes to the expertise in the musical soundtrack to the film. The film always had a song to go with the emotional parts and kept the audience’s attention by captivating them with songs.
    The film taught many lessons, but there are three in which I personally found. The lesson of getting to know someone before making any decisions comes with Anna and Prince Hans “falling in love”. Anna became really upset with Elsa when she said no to their marriage, but by the end, Anna had fallen in love with a completely other man. Another lesson that came to my mind was that a disability is not a curse no matter how bad it seems. This lesson is learned throughout the movie as Elsa learns to use her “powers” to her advantage and figures out how to control them. Just as if a man with a vision impairment was not able to see, but when he learns to use his other four senses in a way in which others cannot, then he is at an advantage to normal people versus being able to use all five in the average way. The last lesson I obtained in my time watching this film would be that hiding from your problems does not make those problems any easier to deal with. As Elsa was locked in her room for over 10 years she was unable to find out how to control her powers around others because she was afraid of hurting anyone. That is like a kid being afraid of a roller coaster but will not try it to see what it is really like. In all, there are many lessons taught throughout this movie and this is barely a scratch upon the surface.
    Frozen is a fantastic and lesson-filled film that is perfect for people of all ages! Personally, I h
  58. Apr 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd heard all the glowing reviews about this film, which has done fantastically well both commercially and critically. However having watched it I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good film and ticks all the right boxes - the score is great and the animation is amazing. The lack of a proper villain or conflict and a few odd plotting moments spoilt it a bit for me. The queen's power was never explained and the snowman appeared from nowhere with no explanation. Nice to see a great animated Disney film with lots of songs - the things I miss from Pixar/Dreamworks films. Expand
  59. Apr 20, 2014
    Stunning exploding-ice visuals that renew your faith in computer animation. Soul-rousing musical numbers that you've likely heard at least one hundred times already. A compelling story that sends an honest message about the nature of love. Quite possible Disney's best movie yet (Not counting Pixar). Well done.
  60. Apr 17, 2014
    Animation is amazing and if it were for that I would give it a 8/9 out of 10. Unfortunately, that´s almost the only good thing about it. There are a couple of songs which are very good. But still have nothing on Disney´s true great soundtracks and songs. The Lion King is so superior it is not even funny for example. The worst part is the lack of character development and story. The script is very poor and we don´t get to know the characters, except for Anna maybe. The film is full of silly plot holes and assumptions. Towards the end there is a very nice message about love not being only about lovers but also about between two girls who are sisters. But apart from that it is very bland and silly, with the dumbest Disney villain I´ve ever seen. Thankfully, despite the smoke and mirrors, if we adjust by inflation, Frozen is so far from being as successful as other Disney films, which proves many others Disney films have been way bigger phenomenons than Frozen. It is entertaining though. Expand
  61. Apr 16, 2014
    It's been 3 years since the last Disney movie and 18 years since a good one. This is probably the best Disney movie anyone could ever ask for. This has also been the fist time that Disney if not working by the book! This is a must see movie!!!
  62. Apr 16, 2014
    It's a very good movie to watch. Your can watch it with your family's, friends, or anyone. Two sisters were the queen and the prissiness in there country named Erindale. The queen was Elsa and her little sister was Anna. When they were kids Anna was hit by Elsa power. Elsa power was frozen power. That can frozen anything that she hold. That day they made there own cute snowman named Olaf. He wanted it to be summer but he didn't know is that he would melt. Ten he became alive and started to talk with everyone plus he is A VERY CUTE SNOWMAN!!! Expand
  63. Apr 16, 2014
    Frozen is definitely entertaining with beautiful animation, a smart and innocent sense of humour and some nice song-and-dance numbers and will surely please both adult and younger viewers. But unfortunately the film is rather predictable, the plot feels a bit lacking and the comic relief is a bit annoying at times. Nevertheless the film is enjoyable, but for those who don't like films with musical numbers - this might not be the film for you. Expand
  64. Apr 14, 2014
    Crap. Frozen crap.

Just another brainless copy paste movie by disney. I watched for an hour and a half and yet at the end of the movie, I actually felt depressed.
  65. Apr 12, 2014
    So overrated. I swear to god, this movie is tedious and mediocre at it's finest. It's bland, boring, predictable, and the songs suck. I'm sorry Frozen fans, but I can never "Let It Go" (Get it???). The only good thing I can say about this movie is that it looks nice and flashy, but so does EVERY ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!! I seriously think that Planes is better than this, and that sucked. This is a pure example of my conspiracy theory that DISNEY IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!! (or at least entertainment) I mean, people are saying this movie has the "Classic Disney Magic " that all the others did, and that's complete garbage, and they know it. Disney bribed all of those reviewers to give an average movie amazing scores so they wouldn't give it the scores it deserves. However, that isn't stopping me! (Haha I won't blame you if you don't believe my theory; but you can't deny this film sucks) I must tell the truth! I must show the world what a crappy movie this is! The "Melted" Campaign will begin! (OK, I have gotten way off topic). The point is, this film is overrated, and there is nothing anyone can say that will change my mind. THERE! Expand
  66. Apr 12, 2014
    With all the praise Frozen had been getting, I decided to go and watch it. From the trailers, it seems pretty terrible, some story about a snowman and a reindeer. But when I sat down to watch it, I was completely blown away. It's other-wordly good. I've really got no words to describe how much of an impact this movie can have. It's so emotional and so perfectly executed. I've never watched a movie so many times before, and yet it gets better and better every time. It's truly once in a lifetime that something can have such an effect on you. I was expected much, but the animation, the storyline, the drama, the RIDICULOUSLY GOOD musical numbers make it not the best disney animation I've seen, but by far the best animated movie I've ever seen and ever will see. Expand
  67. Apr 12, 2014
    Disney's latest animated princess tale feel different from their past works. It feels like a more mature work thanks to it's sadder and somewhat darker tale than the average animated Disney movie. While this will help it become one that older audiences can enjoy just as much as the younger ones, it also leads to a lot of slow and sometimes boring moments. Truly this leads to the movie having a noticeable slow start, but it does pick up fairly quickly. There are also a lot more musical numbers than I was expecting. The first half of the movie ends up coming off as a musical until the songs almost completely disappear from the second half. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is one of the factors that lead to the movie feeling somewhat disjointed.

That being said the typical Disney magic does help the movie succeed in the end. With it's great story, charming characters, funny moments, and top-notch animation, the movie does prove to be an enjoyable experience. Not all of it's parts come together well in the end, but overall I did enjoy it. It personally will never stand among one of Disney's best movies in my eyes, but the moments where it's tale defies what you would expect form it make it enjoyable and occasionally impressive. You would also have to be dead not to laugh at Olaf. So in the end this is yet another animated Disney movie that proves to be worth the watch, even if it does have it's flaws.
  68. Apr 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen takes me back to the days of the Disney Renaissance with it's music, imagery, and the magic of fantasy and fairy tales. The two stars, Anna and Elsa, are wonderfully played by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, respectively. Love is provided a different meaning this time around compared to previous Disney films and its not just about love between a princess and prince or anything related to that. Of course, there is a eventual relationship between one of the main girls and one of the main guys. However, that is besides the point. The film shows that there is more to true love than we usually think of, which is pretty nice. There is a lot of examples of girls feeling empowered, besides the obvious one when Elsa sang "Let It Go" after running away from Arendelle after exposing her ice powers to the public. There's a lot of likable characters in this movie, including Olaf who provides most of the humor along with the clumsy Anna. The music is wonderful and it re-creates that Disney magic that I have not seen in a while, in terms of Disney animated musicals. The atmosphere and imagery of the film is incredible and makes the area of Arendelle vast. The animation is pretty cool, especially the snow effects, which proves central to the film's story and characters. Overall, very good movie and for those who have questioned whether Disney Animation Studios has lost its magic, here's your answer (along with Tangled). Expand
  69. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm a HUGE Disney fan, but this movie is the worst! I was so disappointed when I walked out of the theater in December that I haven't seen it again since. The movie and its songs are so overrated. "The best Disney movie since The Lion King"???? Yeah, right! It wasn't even the best movie of 2013!! Absolute trash. And don't even get me started on the terrible morals in this movie. Encouraging girls to cheat on their boyfriend/fiancé? Stay classy, Frozen. Expand
  70. Apr 8, 2014
    For me it's the best Disney film in a long time. The music is great, the characters are memorable and it just has that feel of magic that the Disney films of old had. The fact I've had it less than a a week and watched it a few times already says a lot about it, again I haven't done this with a Disney film for years and years. Really wished I'd have caught this one at the cinema. The only small complaint I have is that I wish there would have been a memorable villain in there!

A great film kids will no doubt enjoy the most but also for fans of Disney films everywhere as this is a welcome return to form.
  71. Apr 8, 2014
    Some absolutely gorgeous visuals and some of Disney's best music in a long time. Aside from that there really isn't much else that special about this movie.

While all the character are well designed and acted, they are simply not as developed as they could be. Even the two protagonists feel a little shallow in their development. Plot is extremely flimsy and what little there is is over
    shadowed by one musical number after another.

The music, while gorgeous, is just too prominent and makes this feel more like an over budgeted sing along.

Overall:
    Criticisms aside, Frozen is still allot of fun to watch and does live up to Disney's high standards, it's just a shame as there clearly was greater potential here for something greater.
  72. Apr 8, 2014
    Frozen has fun songs, and an exciting and lovable snowman. That is unfortunately all the animated film delivers. More of the same. The writers devious attempt to disguise the plot with catchy tune didn't work on me. The 'Classic Disney Magic' that i have seen in the past is repeated again in this pathetic plea by Disney Animation Studios to make a modern movie musical. They fail. The reason is in the past. Why use the same plot twist more than once. Does Disney Animation Studios think i'm an idiot. The ending didn't seem to go anywhere. It seemed that all people hated the queen because she had powers. By the end for some odd reason, they all loved her. Nothing occurred to give them a reason to love her. The creators of this film oddly decided to combine Shrek and Tangled. They took the plot of Magical spells, and "true loves kiss" from Shrek. Just about everything else from Tangled, musical edition. Anthropomorphism of horses and reindeer, and love found in unusual places. This film is the epitome of unoriginal. It had the potential to be good. If it wasn't so good at being a copy cat. Expand
  73. Apr 7, 2014
    I was really excited to see this movie. I thought it would have elements from Tangled (which I really enjoyed) but with really cool effects, more battles, and maybe a darker and more emotional story. But after seeing it, I really don't get the hype behind it. I mean, the animation is amazing, but that's the same with all big animated movies. The music is BEAUTIFUL. But the story and pacing are messy, and the characters are just not very well created.

Story: there is a very cool and interesting premise, about a girl (Elsa) who has magic powers, but an accident that they cause makes her try to keep away from everyone else- including her sister, Ana. This is kind of like Tangled, but where she doesn't WANT to be kidnapped (which is a twist that I actually would have liked). But the terrible pacing makes the whole story fall short. And the music- while very good- is probably one of, if not the biggest, cause of this. A lot of major conversations between characters that should just be dialogue are done in songs. Songs should be used to express a character's emotions when he/she is alone. Also, there are so many subplots- there's a betrayal, people are trying to kill Elsa, Ana gets cursed and has to find true love, etc. It would have been okay to have a few subplots, but there were just too many. There were some emotional scenes, but they weren't really enough to make up for all the other issues.

The characters: The characters in this movie make way too rash decisions, and they do things and know things that don't make sense for them to know. And a lot of them aren't as fleshed out as they could be. For example, there is a betrayal with one of the characters, when there was NO indication that he was bad in any way. And there is one character who is introduced to be a bad guy, but only does one thing that is really evil. Even Elsa isn't given enough screen time to make us truly understand her- I mean, we understand that she is going through a lot, and has had to since she was a child. But could we not have a few more emotional scenes with her
    But I will give props to the snowman- he was quite likable and funny.

Overall, I give it a 6 because of those emotional scenes and the beautiful music mixed with very animation.
  74. Apr 6, 2014
    The best animated movie I've seen so far, "hands down"! It's not just the great music, super voice acting, amazing animation, and well developed story, it's more than that. It's the true realization of disney's vision of children movie.
  75. Apr 4, 2014
    Certainly one of the better movies Disney has made, in a long time. There is a great mix of all the emotions throughout the film, which really keep you hooked, right until the end. The sound track is also excellent, I would happily listen to it all day long!
  76. Apr 2, 2014
    Stopped this movie at 45min in and probably will never see the end. As a big time fan of animated motion pictures this made me sad (probably because it got a lot of hype), because I hate musicals and basically this movie is made around one song. The first animated movie that adults probably won't enjoy in my opinion. If this gets a 8.2 i give the musical mama mia a 10, because at least I could finish the movie... maybe a 0 isn't suited either but that score has to go down, it's very misleading

again, just my opinion
  77. Apr 2, 2014
    Frozen starts very well, is easy to get interested in the story that is presented, and is unique among animation (its premise, out of which is shown), the aesthetic is very pretty and the characters that drive the plot seem well developed and solids.
    Turns out, Frozen at first establishes itself as a tale of fantasy that seems to have a premise and different from other teaching, and in
    the course of the narrative proves more a Disney movie, it's weird, because it would not be a problem if, Frozen dont build an impression that is broken throughout the film. Expand
  78. Mar 30, 2014
    Disney’s “Frozen” tells the tale of two royal sisters, a younger, rambunctious Anna, and her regal older sister, Elsa, who possesses magical icy powers. As children, they share a close bond, but one night, after Elsa strikes her sister with her powers, they are separated. When Elsa is coronated, she reveals her powers to the public, and runs away to the North Mountain. Princess Anna, with the help of a visiting prince, a tough ice-harvester, and a talking snowman, discovers that love will thaw a frozen heart.

It’s not uncommon to see good animation, but luckily, Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) does their homework when it comes to movies; “Frozen” is no exception. Staff travelled to an ice hotel and walked through snow in dresses. After all that, four programs were developed specifically for “Frozen”. Adding to the realism of this fantastical movie, the colours and graphics bring the detailed environment to life. Emotion is conveyed especially well thanks to detailed facial animation.

The movie’s first act is highlighted by a short montage that almost manages to reach the standard set by Pixar’s Up. The second act is typical of adventure-themed movies, although it lags in a few places. The action scenes are disconnected from the rest of the movie, boring viewers instead of keeping them on the edge of their seats. There’s also a major plot point that may leave eagle-eyed viewers confused – how can a visiting prince hold more power than the reigning monarch? . Sadly, the musical is relatively front-heavy, which occurs due to the action picking up drastically in the much-too short final act. Some arcs are wrapped up quickly, while a few are left hanging. Although its flow and plot are of passable quality, “Frozen” relegates the common “good versus evil” theme to the backseat, replacing it with the much more effective and relatable one of “fear versus love.

As much as it’s mentioned, “Frozen” is not the first Disney film to show that women can be independent. “Frozen” subverts many traditional “Disney themes” – “love at first sight” or a prince/princess relationship. While “Frozen” evolves themes, it stops short of revolutionizing them. Even though a relationship can’t happen after one hour, it can still happen after one day apparently. Regardless, “Frozen” does well with its roots growing from familial, not romantic love. Its heartwarming themes are accompanied by meaningful symbols – doors, gloves, and Olaf. He evolves from the all-too-overused comedic relief to an important, epiphany-inducing character who symbolizes the bond between the two sisters.

Aside from an adorable snowman, “Frozen” features not one, but two princesses as its lead characters. Both are multi-faceted and have a tragic background that will quickly evoke sympathy from the audience. Anna is clumsy, joyful, and entirely un-princess-like, a Disney Princess that young girls can relate to. Her sister, Queen Elsa, is far from perfect as well. Accompanying the two female leads are three main males: Olaf, a talking snowman, Hans, a model prince, and Kristoff, a bulky, pragmatic ice harvester. These unconventional characters make “Frozen” what it is – a ground-breaker of animation.

The voice actors of “Frozen” are not well known in the film industry, but rather at Broadway. Luckily for everyone, “Frozen” is a Disney musical. Their voices shine in their respective roles, each voice fitting their character perfectly. Emotion is conveyed excellently, with each character’s nervousness and fear coming through – a common trait of the heroes.

Thanks to song composers George and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, as well as score composer Christophe Beck, “Frozen” is accompanied with a glorious soundtrack. While Menzel’s leading song, “Let It Go”, is a defining power ballad, the reprise of “For the First Time in Forever”, shows off its own literary power and keeps Disney tradition in mind, driving a significant amount of character development and plot. Although most songs are amazing, two songs – “Fixer Upper” and “In Summer” could have been removed in order to cut down on its 102-minute runtime. The movie has an excellent score, but the “Epilogue” track stands out from the bunch, reprising both “Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” and “For the First Time in Forever”. It’s one of the tracks that can be listened to without context, a property that few scores possess.

“Frozen” earns its place amongst the magical movies of the Disney Animated Canon by proving that “the power of family is the strongest magic of all”.
  79. Mar 28, 2014
    Never have I been so shocked an appalled at a film. The advertisements displayed a lovely little romp involving a snowman trekking through the ice mountains in order to find his elderly mother named "Kristoff" (a total milf btw).

The reality was a movie which droned on for all eternity and was insanely as interesting as my seventh grade history teacher. Instead, the story was about two
    high-pitched prepubescent imbeciles who live in Chicago during the great depression, and like to sing depressing songs of the absence of their mother.

Safely, I can say I have never EVER walked out on a film 3 minutes after it had begun.
  80. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the best animated films out there I have seen a lot of animated films I'm a big fan of Disney films because of that and let me tell you I went into this film with high expectations from what I heard from a lot of people and was not disappointed in fact I was surprised by the unexpected plot twists and was also surprised by the beauty of the ice powers that the ice queen used (it was pretty bad a** even by my standards I'm also a big fan of action and superhero movies) and even more so the emotion that was present in this movie its easy to become attached to the funny likeable characters and also easy to hate the hateful characters and although like a regular human being I wanted the bad guy to get killed his conclusion that only a Disney movie could pull off left me laughing and grinning those are all the positive elements and as for the negative there really isn't any except one and that's a personal opinion the only thing I thought was a little negative was the many songs they had and I would be more concerned if they were bad songs but the fact is they weren't they were catchy some were funny and others were cute all in all Frozen is definitely going to be watched by me again and gets a 10 out of 10 Expand
  81. Mar 24, 2014
    In particular, I really like the animation is of high quality and has good music, and that's why he won two Oscars, and did not see anything wrong, except the songs. Personally, I did not like the letter, why do not they care disney lyrics of his songs? problem that did not affect too but this detail does not give you 10, but it is a great movie and I recommend it to fans of adventure.
  82. Mar 24, 2014
    ''Dazzling.'' ''Breathtaking.'' ''Stunning.'' ''Phenomenal.'' & ''Unforgettable.'' Disney Animation's Best since The Lion King. The Best Animated Film of 2013.
  83. Mar 23, 2014
    Beautifully animated, gorgeous visuals as well as amazing vocal performances by the cast. Definitely would put it amongst the best Disney films ever made.
  84. Mar 22, 2014
    "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and sky, let it go, let it go, you'll never see me cry, here I stand, and here I'll stay, let the storm rage on"

This beautiful song truly represents how wonderful and touching Frozen is, no need to say more!
    Frozen gets a 8,5/10
  85. Mar 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is absolutley fantastic. It's hilarious, heart-warming, and beautifully done. Disney defenitly made a different kind of princess movie- the princess falls in love with an ice picker... Instead of the traitor prince. I love the characters, Olaf is funny, Anna is silly, Elsa is like the mysterious one, Christoph is the shy guy, Hns is the traitor, and Sven is the animal friend.
    The whole story line I feel is great. It's quite interesting and I've watched the movie 5 times and I'm still intrigued. I love how they incorporate the songs into the scenes. The songs are absolutely amazing- Let it Go even won an Oscar! Their songs hit home and you can feel the emotion from the characters.
    Disney does a very good job of making Hans sound truthful. I love this movie for the fact that the protagonist doesn't end up falling in love with a prince. It makes it stand out amongst the other disney princess movies, along with Tangled and Brave. Overall, I think this is an amazing movie and people of all ages would enjoy it :).
  86. Mar 19, 2014
    This movie will be one of those classic Disney films that you can watch all over again. The character animations and art are beautiful, the music is some of the best I've heard from Disney! It's a fun, feel-good movie for the family to watch, especially sisters :) keep it coming Disney! A must-buy for Blu-Ray
  87. Mar 17, 2014
    I am a fan of Disney films and even musicals, and this is in a way the best of both worlds. This film is kind of overrated being called "The Best Film of the Decade" but even if it is, that by all means doesn't make it a bad movie. I enjoyed the different approach that Disney took with this film and even how they wrote the characters. My only complaint is that the villain was kind of stale and predictable from the beginning but it doesn't taint the film in the slightest. The soundtrack is outstanding and so is the animation and storytelling and I defiantly recommenced it for ANY fan of musicals or animated films. Expand
  88. Mar 17, 2014
    An Outstanding Animated Movie With Beautiful Girls (;D) !!! ** Frozen ** * This is an outstanding animated movie with amazing visual effects and wonderful story packed with adventure & humor that gives fun and excitement which delivers in grand scale making this movie easily stands as one the best in animated movies of all time !! . * The story mainly surrounds about the relationship and adventures between two sisters Anna& Elsa in which they go through with series of hardship to achieve what they seek ! . A wonderful story with good characters that influence this movie with a huge clarity the story is one of the main features that gives this movie a grand success !! .

* The characters in this movie are very like-able their interaction gave this movie lot of humor that we enjoy by watching the screen play they were well developed and were perfectly presented in screenplay beautiful manner .

* The most of the Disney movies are like Les Misérables style like singing and dancing with musical themes ! this movie has the same style with good songs and music which is done wonderfully with humor and great visual effects ! .

* This movie has the wonderful and amazing visual effects some of it seems is being influenced by the movies such as Tangled and Wreck it Ralph but still its more Bright & Colorful it literally glitters and sparkles through out the whole movie giving its beauty and brilliance .

* The Director of this movie deserve a great appreciation for making this animated movie successful they did great job managing screen play, character development and visual effects perfectly with out any mismatch .

* This whole movie feels like a fun winter with lots snow and ice !.

* The Movie is simply amazing with all the fun stuffs gathered with good story and wonderful visual effects it stands out one of the best in animated movies !!! .

Frozen : **********

(10/10) Stars
  89. Mar 11, 2014
    Even if the plot and both main characters are not quite develop as they have to be, the movie overall is great. The song "Let it go" won an Oscar not for nothing and it's in my mind for days!
  90. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent show, absorbing, entertaining, perfect animation, colors, and music. When it is needed to get away from tensions and dull movies there is no better than Frozen.
  91. Mar 8, 2014
    Before watching the movie, I knew this was going to be great. And it was. The film is hilarious, touching, beautiful and it touches on many different aspects. It's a very fast-paced and enjoyable animation. Oh, and the soundtrack and songs are just incredible.
  92. Mar 7, 2014
    Frozen had magnificent music, lovely art, a fantastic story, and a really good humor which isn't appealing to only a certain age group. Overall, Frozen was easily one of my most favorite Disney movies.
  93. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't like Frozen as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because everyone hyped it up but honestly, there were too many plot holes and the characters really didn't change or develop. I was willing to let all that slide but when I heard someone said they thought Elsa was a strong princess that showed up all other Disney princesses, I lost it. I generally pretty forgiving when I'm giving a criticism of something (since I definitely couldn't have done a better job) but all I ask for is a somewhat believable plot and mediocre characters and I didn't find that. Elsa may be young but she was old enough to be a queen. She should have been smart enough to train and control her abilities or at least consider what she might do if she were discovered, seeing as how she couldn't even touch something for 3 seconds without revealing herself. She should have been mature enough not to run away from her responsibilities. Other Disney princesses may have had run away for love stories or adventure but I can understand that. They lived in an oppressive, patriarchal society filled with arranged marriages. Many of them even had admirable qualities like compassion, strong morals, humbleness, an fearless will, etc . They found and fought for their happy ending and, when they became queens, were loved by their people because they didn't hold any of their past fears or desires with them. Elsa was a queen from the start, not a young girl and not a princess. Her people are who she (should) be living for. She also had a younger sister to think of. Anna couldn't have possible taken over the throne with her inexperience and eagerness to please. As well, another thing that didn't seem real was the sudden shift in Hans character and the (almost forced) love between Anna and Kristoff. As if it were just a way to throw the audience with no reason other than to extenuate how they are trying to change their princesses. If that was the point, there are better ways to tell that kind of story (ex: harry potter or Mulan, where romantic love stories were a secondary focus). However, I have to admit the songs were great. That was certainly one redeemable quality. In the end, if the question was would I was it again, the answer is no. On the other hand, if you want to know if you should watch it for a first time, then yes it is worth it. My review may not be a positive one, but the movie really was not terrible, just frustrating. Expand
  94. Mar 5, 2014
    from the creators of tangled they present frozen this is wonderful movie and india menzel is amazing kristen bell not so much or the snowman not even close to great
  95. Mar 5, 2014
    A bravura and toasty comeback to the zenith of Disneyland, FROZEN, the freshly BEST ANIMATION PICTURE crowner in the Academy Awards, has already swept the globe with its colossal box-office gross and the ultra-appealing theme song LET IT GO, it also signals the first time for our beloved animation tentpole, a lovey-dovey boilerplate of a princess in the quest for her Prince Charming is preponderated by the bond between princess Anna and her sister, the Ice Queen Elsa, a more broad and wholesome act of true love.

Step into the shoes of the cutting-edge sub-brand Pixar, whose BRAVE (2012, 8/10) heralds a trend whereby a female heroine can break the shackles of looking for male suitor as the one and only goal for life. FROZEN goes for a more ambitious yet crucial route to accentuate the courage of embracing yourself as who you are, no matter how different you are from the rest, shut down your heart and lock yourself up in an isolated kingdom is not a way out. Such a valuable message can be widely assimilated among viewers while the roots remain Disney-esque, tuneful and catchy musical numbers with routine delivery, prominent sidekicks fittingly align with the protagonists, like Olaf, the snowman naively thirsts for summer and sunlight, the contribution of Josh Gad’s voice cannot go unnoticed.

Veteran animator Chris Buck teams up with the first-time director Jennifer Lee, together they construe Hans Christian Andersen’s popular fairytale (The Ice Queen) into a visually variegated adventure, minimize the cliché-ridden flourishes which commonly embellish the leitmotif (no redundant sub-plots to slow down the narrative pace). The story progresses in a wonted and linear approach, yet the whole journey is never in deficiency of enchantment, while the plot is fairly more twisty than Disney’s usual fare, a key revelation against the grain can blindside audiences without a hitch.

The voice-cast are enjoyable despite that Menzel’s voice is overtly too old for Elsa, it is also a plucky move to cast an openly out actor (Groff) to dub the valiant reindeer rider as Anna’s genuine soulmate and love-interest, along with the connotation for a more nondiscriminatory society extracted from the pith of its tale, FROZEN is a cinematic hero of our times, a film reaches a much broader demography and transcends its general raison d’ être, it may indeed positively refine our world into a more civilized tier and it is no end of virtuous achievements!
  96. Mar 4, 2014
    I love this movie. It's wonderful. The songs are beautiful (let it go) and the characters are unpredictable, which is something that no other disney movie has done. The humor is subtle but perfect, and the moral is great for kids. Definitely see this and bring your kids. One of the best Disney films to date.
  97. Mar 4, 2014
    The Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stay forever.

A decade ago, people called Disney is done and dusted but in recent couple of years, it was a great come back for them. ‘Tangled’ put them on the track, now with this wonderful family movie they are more confident. Yeah, I loved this movie a lot for many reasons. It was fast, sentimental, romantic and had adorable, cute 3D character models.

I think Disney studio is following on the footsteps of Studio Ghibli. I believe they found their strength in the name of the young girl’s role in their recent movies. Like Rapunzel for ‘Tangled’ this movie had Anna. Both the movies backed by pleasant music and admirable animal character with awesome facial expressions for humorous in parts of the storytelling.

I had seen all the nominees of this year’s animation movie, except Studio Ghibli's ‘The Wind Rises’. I liked ‘Monster University’, it was fun, but ‘The Croods’ attracted me a lot. I was hoping French animation ‘Ernest & Celestine’ could win, but after seeing it no doubt on why it got the honour. So I am happy for this movie's win at the big event.

9.5/10
  98. Mar 4, 2014
    Frozen is an enjoyable romp that left me feeling a bit empty. After watching it for the first time, I had difficulty pinning down what exactly the source of that feeling was but I did know that it didn't feel like a Disney movie. Upon a second viewing I confirmed suspicions and found other problems.

I think the language used by the characters would have been enough to prevent the film
    from becoming a classic. The characters speak with a lot of modern colloquialisms, particularly in the first half of the film, which really grates at times. For some reason the writers at Disney have decided that to have a ditzy, innocent female protagonist they have to start her off as an annoying tween. I understand that you want your audience to identify with the characters but it doesn't fit the setting and comes off as forced.

The Musical numbers are good but really lack the timeless quality of the Disney Renaissance musical numbers, in no small part because of the language but also due to having a young feel about them that I associate with some recent Broadway musicals. It's all very high energy, lacking the climaxes and the feeling of deliberate, thought-out pacing leaving the songs feeling a little forced. "Let it Go" has rightfully been getting praise and is definitely the highpoint of the score but even it fails to live up to the scores of "The Little Mermaid" through "The Lion King".

This leads into the problem of pacing with the film in general, the film feels a bit frenetic. It throws in jokes wherever it can, much like Fox Animation and Dreamworks tend to, interrupting the scene it's trying to build. Olaf in particular simply destroys dramatic tension and pacing. That isn't to say that he brings in humor to take the edge off when things might be getting to intense for kids, he incessantly interrupts the process of building tension. Olaf seems to generally be a love or hate character, my girlfriend thought he was the best part of the movie and was less impressed with the film than I was. I simply felt that he was extraneous, Sven provides just the right amount of slapstick by himself and goofy characters and gags are liberally sprinkled in to create more than enough humor without an extra comedic sidekick.

Onto what the movie does really well, CGI. The movie is absolutely gorgeous. Characters are extremely emotive and the snow magic is breathtaking. The imagery of "Let it Go" was amazing and exciting. Watching Elsa explore her powers was a ton of fun and was excellently combined with the musical number. The fight scene with the snow monster was the height of the films animation. Movement was fluid, characters were full of emotion, and tension oozed out of the screen when it wasn't leaving you breathless from action.

There is something that itches about some of Elsa's animations though, I'm not sure if she reminds me of a character from something else or if her facial animations approach the uncanny valley at times but I get this uncomfortable feeling that she's from a direct to DVD movie at times and not because it's bad animation.

I fully recommend Frozen to families with children up to their tweens and to Broadway fans, especially younger ones. Don't go into Frozen expecting a classic Disney musical or another Wreck it Ralph and you'll be fine.
  99. Mar 3, 2014
    There is so much hype for this film. Everyone is singing the songs, everyone is quoting dialogue - and that isn't always the kids! So I had to get around to watching it at some point. The music is pretty top-notch and I'm not usually a fan of musicals. There is quite a lot of it though and some transitions into and out of them are a bit scruffy. It does also seem rather rushed overall with its rather odd pacing, but its charm should melt many a frozen heart Expand
  100. Mar 3, 2014
    I can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happier than singing in the movie theater than listening to the song "Let It Go." Every time I listen to this song, it becomes a theme song for fans everywhere to see what magic lies ahead when fear and love meets adventure in so many places. That's what Disney is all about, keeping their promises and start rebuilding a new generation of Renaissance after a past decade of good and bad movies that almost ruined their reputation for success. But 5 years have come gone by since The Princess and the Frog and just like any movie musical has to offer. Disney, I hope you should make more animated musicals in the future. Kudos to both Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell for putting on a phenomenal performance as Anna and Elsa. I hope they should make a Frozen sequel or a short film really soon. The cold never bother me, anyway! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 13, 2013
    The film transcends its various borrowings and occasional stumblings with a modern, exuberant spirit that draws heat from Broadway-style musical numbers and, before and after everything else, from marvelous 3-D animation
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Dec 9, 2013
    Not quite up there with "Tangled," but a solid addition to the canon. Catchy tunes will have you humming, but the hunt for the next "The Little Mermaid" continues...
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin