8.1

1. Apr 14, 2014
    Crap. Frozen crap.

Just another brainless copy paste movie by disney. I watched for an hour and a half and yet at the end of the movie, I actually felt depressed.
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    So overrated. I swear to god, this movie is tedious and mediocre at it's finest. It's bland, boring, predictable, and the songs suck. I'm sorry Frozen fans, but I can never "Let It Go" (Get it???). The only good thing I can say about this movie is that it looks nice and flashy, but so does EVERY ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!! I seriously think that Planes is better than this, and that sucked. This is a pure example of my conspiracy theory that DISNEY IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!! (or at least entertainment) I mean, people are saying this movie has the "Classic Disney Magic " that all the others did, and that's complete garbage, and they know it. Disney bribed all of those reviewers to give an average movie amazing scores so they wouldn't give it the scores it deserves. However, that isn't stopping me! (Haha I won't blame you if you don't believe my theory; but you can't deny this film sucks) I must tell the truth! I must show the world what a crappy movie this is! The "Melted" Campaign will begin! (OK, I have gotten way off topic). The point is, this film is overrated, and there is nothing anyone can say that will change my mind. THERE! Expand
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    With all the praise Frozen had been getting, I decided to go and watch it. From the trailers, it seems pretty terrible, some story about a snowman and a reindeer. But when I sat down to watch it, I was completely blown away. It's other-wordly good. I've really got no words to describe how much of an impact this movie can have. It's so emotional and so perfectly executed. I've never watched a movie so many times before, and yet it gets better and better every time. It's truly once in a lifetime that something can have such an effect on you. I was expected much, but the animation, the storyline, the drama, the RIDICULOUSLY GOOD musical numbers make it not the best disney animation I've seen, but by far the best animated movie I've ever seen and ever will see. Expand
  4. Apr 12, 2014
    Disney's latest animated princess tale feel different from their past works. It feels like a more mature work thanks to it's sadder and somewhat darker tale than the average animated Disney movie. While this will help it become one that older audiences can enjoy just as much as the younger ones, it also leads to a lot of slow and sometimes boring moments. Truly this leads to the movie having a noticeable slow start, but it does pick up fairly quickly. There are also a lot more musical numbers than I was expecting. The first half of the movie ends up coming off as a musical until the songs almost completely disappear from the second half. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is one of the factors that lead to the movie feeling somewhat disjointed.

That being said the typical Disney magic does help the movie succeed in the end. With it's great story, charming characters, funny moments, and top-notch animation, the movie does prove to be an enjoyable experience. Not all of it's parts come together well in the end, but overall I did enjoy it. It personally will never stand among one of Disney's best movies in my eyes, but the moments where it's tale defies what you would expect form it make it enjoyable and occasionally impressive. You would also have to be dead not to laugh at Olaf. So in the end this is yet another animated Disney movie that proves to be worth the watch, even if it does have it's flaws.
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen takes me back to the days of the Disney Renaissance with it's music, imagery, and the magic of fantasy and fairy tales. The two stars, Anna and Elsa, are wonderfully played by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, respectively. Love is provided a different meaning this time around compared to previous Disney films and its not just about love between a princess and prince or anything related to that. Of course, there is a eventual relationship between one of the main girls and one of the main guys. However, that is besides the point. The film shows that there is more to true love than we usually think of, which is pretty nice. There is a lot of examples of girls feeling empowered, besides the obvious one when Elsa sang "Let It Go" after running away from Arendelle after exposing her ice powers to the public. There's a lot of likable characters in this movie, including Olaf who provides most of the humor along with the clumsy Anna. The music is wonderful and it re-creates that Disney magic that I have not seen in a while, in terms of Disney animated musicals. The atmosphere and imagery of the film is incredible and makes the area of Arendelle vast. The animation is pretty cool, especially the snow effects, which proves central to the film's story and characters. Overall, very good movie and for those who have questioned whether Disney Animation Studios has lost its magic, here's your answer (along with Tangled). Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm a HUGE Disney fan, but this movie is the worst! I was so disappointed when I walked out of the theater in December that I haven't seen it again since. The movie and its songs are so overrated. "The best Disney movie since The Lion King"???? Yeah, right! It wasn't even the best movie of 2013!! Absolute trash. And don't even get me started on the terrible morals in this movie. Encouraging girls to cheat on their boyfriend/fiancé? Stay classy, Frozen. Expand
  7. Apr 8, 2014
    For me it's the best Disney film in a long time. The music is great, the characters are memorable and it just has that feel of magic that the Disney films of old had. The fact I've had it less than a a week and watched it a few times already says a lot about it, again I haven't done this with a Disney film for years and years. Really wished I'd have caught this one at the cinema. The only small complaint I have is that I wish there would have been a memorable villain in there!

A great film kids will no doubt enjoy the most but also for fans of Disney films everywhere as this is a welcome return to form.
  8. Apr 8, 2014
    Some absolutely gorgeous visuals and some of Disney's best music in a long time. Aside from that there really isn't much else that special about this movie.

While all the character are well designed and acted, they are simply not as developed as they could be. Even the two protagonists feel a little shallow in their development. Plot is extremely flimsy and what little there is is over
    shadowed by one musical number after another.

The music, while gorgeous, is just too prominent and makes this feel more like an over budgeted sing along.

Overall:
    Criticisms aside, Frozen is still allot of fun to watch and does live up to Disney's high standards, it's just a shame as there clearly was greater potential here for something greater.
  9. Apr 8, 2014
    Frozen has fun songs, and an exciting and lovable snowman. That is unfortunately all the animated film delivers. More of the same. The writers devious attempt to disguise the plot with catchy tune didn't work on me. The 'Classic Disney Magic' that i have seen in the past is repeated again in this pathetic plea by Disney Animation Studios to make a modern movie musical. They fail. The reason is in the past. Why use the same plot twist more than once. Does Disney Animation Studios think i'm an idiot. The ending didn't seem to go anywhere. It seemed that all people hated the queen because she had powers. By the end for some odd reason, they all loved her. Nothing occurred to give them a reason to love her. The creators of this film oddly decided to combine Shrek and Tangled. They took the plot of Magical spells, and "true loves kiss" from Shrek. Just about everything else from Tangled, musical edition. Anthropomorphism of horses and reindeer, and love found in unusual places. This film is the epitome of unoriginal. It had the potential to be good. If it wasn't so good at being a copy cat. Expand
  10. Apr 7, 2014
    I was really excited to see this movie. I thought it would have elements from Tangled (which I really enjoyed) but with really cool effects, more battles, and maybe a darker and more emotional story. But after seeing it, I really don't get the hype behind it. I mean, the animation is amazing, but that's the same with all big animated movies. The music is BEAUTIFUL. But the story and pacing are messy, and the characters are just not very well created.

Story: there is a very cool and interesting premise, about a girl (Elsa) who has magic powers, but an accident that they cause makes her try to keep away from everyone else- including her sister, Ana. This is kind of like Tangled, but where she doesn't WANT to be kidnapped (which is a twist that I actually would have liked). But the terrible pacing makes the whole story fall short. And the music- while very good- is probably one of, if not the biggest, cause of this. A lot of major conversations between characters that should just be dialogue are done in songs. Songs should be used to express a character's emotions when he/she is alone. Also, there are so many subplots- there's a betrayal, people are trying to kill Elsa, Ana gets cursed and has to find true love, etc. It would have been okay to have a few subplots, but there were just too many. There were some emotional scenes, but they weren't really enough to make up for all the other issues.

The characters: The characters in this movie make way too rash decisions, and they do things and know things that don't make sense for them to know. And a lot of them aren't as fleshed out as they could be. For example, there is a betrayal with one of the characters, when there was NO indication that he was bad in any way. And there is one character who is introduced to be a bad guy, but only does one thing that is really evil. Even Elsa isn't given enough screen time to make us truly understand her- I mean, we understand that she is going through a lot, and has had to since she was a child. But could we not have a few more emotional scenes with her
    But I will give props to the snowman- he was quite likable and funny.

Overall, I give it a 6 because of those emotional scenes and the beautiful music mixed with very animation.
  11. Apr 6, 2014
    The best animated movie I've seen so far, "hands down"! It's not just the great music, super voice acting, amazing animation, and well developed story, it's more than that. It's the true realization of disney's vision of children movie.
  12. Apr 4, 2014
    Certainly one of the better movies Disney has made, in a long time. There is a great mix of all the emotions throughout the film, which really keep you hooked, right until the end. The sound track is also excellent, I would happily listen to it all day long!
  13. Apr 2, 2014
    Stopped this movie at 45min in and probably will never see the end. As a big time fan of animated motion pictures this made me sad (probably because it got a lot of hype), because I hate musicals and basically this movie is made around one song. The first animated movie that adults probably won't enjoy in my opinion. If this gets a 8.2 i give the musical mama mia a 10, because at least I could finish the movie... maybe a 0 isn't suited either but that score has to go down, it's very misleading

again, just my opinion
  14. Apr 2, 2014
    Frozen starts very well, is easy to get interested in the story that is presented, and is unique among animation (its premise, out of which is shown), the aesthetic is very pretty and the characters that drive the plot seem well developed and solids.
    Turns out, Frozen at first establishes itself as a tale of fantasy that seems to have a premise and different from other teaching, and in
    the course of the narrative proves more a Disney movie, it's weird, because it would not be a problem if, Frozen dont build an impression that is broken throughout the film. Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen wins the award for the most overrated animated movie to be ever be created, probably the only award it should win. The plot in Frozen is shallow, and not very well thought it. This is probably due to the directors deciding to change the entire story because "Let It Go" seemed too positive of a song to be sung by a villian. The pacing is also all over the place. For example: we go from a talking snowman, to Elsa cowering in fear inside her castle, to a horrible song sung by trolls, to an attempted assassination and near impalement by icicles. The subversion of tropes at the end of the movie isn't even very clever, but for some reason everybody seems to be praising Frozen as the first Disney movie to teach little girls that they don't need a man to save them. Hey guys, remember when Belle saved the Beast, and when Pocohontas saved John Smith, and when Meg saved Hercules, and when Mulan saved everyone, and when Rapunzel saved Flynn? I would bring up Ariel saving Eric, but that movie is pretty bad in the feminism department, so I won't go there. Where to now? Oh the characters, of course. Each and every single character in this movie is underdeveloped and poorly written. Anna is Rapunzel 2.0, but instead of being an improvement over the previous model, Anna is a disaster. Where Rapunzel was sweet and charming, Anna is annoying and foolish. Elsa is a mix of a protagonist and antagonist. Some of her traits from the previous script was obviously carried over and the writers didn't do a good job of hiding it. This can be seen by her wanting nothing more than to be left alone in her ice castle while people are dying of frostbite. She doesn't want people to die of frostbite, but frankly she'd rather not worry about it. Kristoff's only purpose is to say something sarcastic and stare at Anna afterwards. He exists solely for the "twist" ending. Hans is also a victim of script re writing. I can only assume the writers realized that they were missing a villain so they pulled a piece of scrap paper out of a hat to decide who they would choose in Elsa's place. Hans would have been an interesting villain, if his character was fleshed out at all. Instead he is reduced to a one dimensional mustache twirler. Olaf, is really rather annoying. I assume he's meant to represent the bond between Anna and Elsa but he doesn't have any of the two sister's personality traits, and he doesn't help them mend their broken relationship. Olaf doing something like this would have given purpose to the character, instead he is reduced to simple comic relief and stating plot points out loud because apparently children are too dumb to know what's going on in a movie. Finally the songs in Frozen really just average themselves out. Frozen Heart is probably the best written song in the movie. Not because it sounds the "best", but because it cleverly foreshadows the entire plot. Do You Want to Build a Snowman is cute, and it shows the audience that Anna is lonely and Elsa can't control her powers. For the First Time in Forever is unfortunately rendered a completely useless song because it basically restates what we already know from Do You Want to Build a Snowman. Anna is lonely and wants to connect with people, and Elsa can't get it together. Love is an Open Door is catchy but it's unnecessary. If we just had another five minutes of Anna and Hans talking, we would've taken a hint and it would have given us more character development to boot. Let It Go is easily the best sounding song in the movie, and this is mainly due to Idina Menzel's vocal power. While the sequence during the song is cool (ba dum tss), it really makes no sense that Elsa has such master over her powers after hiding them for her whole life. Olaf's song In Summer is funny the first time you see it, but it doesn't add anything to the movie or the plot. It's just there, for no other reason that to be "cute". Fixer Upper is the last song in the movie, and probably the weakest. The message of Fixer Upper is to accept people for their faults, but it also has some disconcerting lines in there. Such as "I don't see no ring" and "get the fiancee out of the way". Umm, this is a children's movie guys. Not a good message at all. Hell, as soon as Hans leaves Anna for dead, she automatically decides that Kristoff is her true love. Anyway Fixer Upper is the worst song in the movie, and it's pretty clear that the trolls exist to sell plush toys as merchandise. So in summary, Frozen Heart, Do You Want to Build a Snowman and Let It Go are all important to the story. For the First Time in Forever, Love is an Open Door, In Summer, and Fixer Upper are all filler. After Tangled, Winnie the Pooh and Wreck It Ralph I thought we were heading for a new Disney Renaissance. I seem to have been mistaken. Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is for the people without a brain, pretty colours and sing song all the way though. No real plot, conflict or climax. In the end there was no moral to be learned. Overall a Disney failure.

It's a bad case of stupid teenagers. Anna meets a guy and a couple hours later she intends on marrying him. She gets told that its a dumb idea yet it's partially suggested that the new guys she meets might be her true love. What's the point of that?

Elsa's big song "Let It Go" had great lyrics - the singer was annoying. BUT what exactly was she letting go? Her parents obviously loved her. Her dad consoled her when she was scared and they kissed her good night every night. Now say if she was locked in a tower her whole life and her parents hated her, then maybe she would have a reason to let it go. She is the one who refused to come out of her room. Sorry Elsa didn't realize you were so oppressed.

Not to mention the little troll guy had told them she was supposed to learn to control her magic. His warning went completely regarded.

Worst part of the movie was that they sung the plot every 5 minutes. Real Disney only add a song in to a moment of importance, not when there is supposed to be dialogue. It's supposed to be like an aside for a movie.

Worst Disney movie so far, and judging by the amount of people who like it I'm afraid there will be more like this to come.
  17. Mar 30, 2014
    Disney’s “Frozen” tells the tale of two royal sisters, a younger, rambunctious Anna, and her regal older sister, Elsa, who possesses magical icy powers. As children, they share a close bond, but one night, after Elsa strikes her sister with her powers, they are separated. When Elsa is coronated, she reveals her powers to the public, and runs away to the North Mountain. Princess Anna, with the help of a visiting prince, a tough ice-harvester, and a talking snowman, discovers that love will thaw a frozen heart.

It’s not uncommon to see good animation, but luckily, Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) does their homework when it comes to movies; “Frozen” is no exception. Staff travelled to an ice hotel and walked through snow in dresses. After all that, four programs were developed specifically for “Frozen”. Adding to the realism of this fantastical movie, the colours and graphics bring the detailed environment to life. Emotion is conveyed especially well thanks to detailed facial animation.

The movie’s first act is highlighted by a short montage that almost manages to reach the standard set by Pixar’s Up. The second act is typical of adventure-themed movies, although it lags in a few places. The action scenes are disconnected from the rest of the movie, boring viewers instead of keeping them on the edge of their seats. There’s also a major plot point that may leave eagle-eyed viewers confused – how can a visiting prince hold more power than the reigning monarch? . Sadly, the musical is relatively front-heavy, which occurs due to the action picking up drastically in the much-too short final act. Some arcs are wrapped up quickly, while a few are left hanging. Although its flow and plot are of passable quality, “Frozen” relegates the common “good versus evil” theme to the backseat, replacing it with the much more effective and relatable one of “fear versus love.

As much as it’s mentioned, “Frozen” is not the first Disney film to show that women can be independent. “Frozen” subverts many traditional “Disney themes” – “love at first sight” or a prince/princess relationship. While “Frozen” evolves themes, it stops short of revolutionizing them. Even though a relationship can’t happen after one hour, it can still happen after one day apparently. Regardless, “Frozen” does well with its roots growing from familial, not romantic love. Its heartwarming themes are accompanied by meaningful symbols – doors, gloves, and Olaf. He evolves from the all-too-overused comedic relief to an important, epiphany-inducing character who symbolizes the bond between the two sisters.

Aside from an adorable snowman, “Frozen” features not one, but two princesses as its lead characters. Both are multi-faceted and have a tragic background that will quickly evoke sympathy from the audience. Anna is clumsy, joyful, and entirely un-princess-like, a Disney Princess that young girls can relate to. Her sister, Queen Elsa, is far from perfect as well. Accompanying the two female leads are three main males: Olaf, a talking snowman, Hans, a model prince, and Kristoff, a bulky, pragmatic ice harvester. These unconventional characters make “Frozen” what it is – a ground-breaker of animation.

The voice actors of “Frozen” are not well known in the film industry, but rather at Broadway. Luckily for everyone, “Frozen” is a Disney musical. Their voices shine in their respective roles, each voice fitting their character perfectly. Emotion is conveyed excellently, with each character’s nervousness and fear coming through – a common trait of the heroes.

Thanks to song composers George and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, as well as score composer Christophe Beck, “Frozen” is accompanied with a glorious soundtrack. While Menzel’s leading song, “Let It Go”, is a defining power ballad, the reprise of “For the First Time in Forever”, shows off its own literary power and keeps Disney tradition in mind, driving a significant amount of character development and plot. Although most songs are amazing, two songs – “Fixer Upper” and “In Summer” could have been removed in order to cut down on its 102-minute runtime. The movie has an excellent score, but the “Epilogue” track stands out from the bunch, reprising both “Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” and “For the First Time in Forever”. It’s one of the tracks that can be listened to without context, a property that few scores possess.

“Frozen” earns its place amongst the magical movies of the Disney Animated Canon by proving that “the power of family is the strongest magic of all”.
  18. Mar 28, 2014
    I enjoyed Frozen a lot, but I don't think that it's as great as some may say. It does have great characters, beautiful animation and some good songs (especially Let if Go) and I do like that it goes down some routes and uses some formulas that have a nostalgic feeling to them. However, to all those "die-hard" Frozen fans who think that Frozen is the best Disney movie since The Lion King, I have to disagree. For example I do think that a couple of the songs are a little forgettable and not to mention I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending. But Frozen still does impress me, it's a good Disney movie and I thought it was probably better than Tangled, but not as good as Wreck-It Ralph. Expand
  19. Mar 28, 2014
    Never have I been so shocked an appalled at a film. The advertisements displayed a lovely little romp involving a snowman trekking through the ice mountains in order to find his elderly mother named "Kristoff" (a total milf btw).

The reality was a movie which droned on for all eternity and was insanely as interesting as my seventh grade history teacher. Instead, the story was about two
    high-pitched prepubescent imbeciles who live in Chicago during the great depression, and like to sing depressing songs of the absence of their mother.

Safely, I can say I have never EVER walked out on a film 3 minutes after it had begun.
  20. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the best animated films out there I have seen a lot of animated films I'm a big fan of Disney films because of that and let me tell you I went into this film with high expectations from what I heard from a lot of people and was not disappointed in fact I was surprised by the unexpected plot twists and was also surprised by the beauty of the ice powers that the ice queen used (it was pretty bad a** even by my standards I'm also a big fan of action and superhero movies) and even more so the emotion that was present in this movie its easy to become attached to the funny likeable characters and also easy to hate the hateful characters and although like a regular human being I wanted the bad guy to get killed his conclusion that only a Disney movie could pull off left me laughing and grinning those are all the positive elements and as for the negative there really isn't any except one and that's a personal opinion the only thing I thought was a little negative was the many songs they had and I would be more concerned if they were bad songs but the fact is they weren't they were catchy some were funny and others were cute all in all Frozen is definitely going to be watched by me again and gets a 10 out of 10 Expand
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    In particular, I really like the animation is of high quality and has good music, and that's why he won two Oscars, and did not see anything wrong, except the songs. Personally, I did not like the letter, why do not they care disney lyrics of his songs? problem that did not affect too but this detail does not give you 10, but it is a great movie and I recommend it to fans of adventure.
  22. Mar 24, 2014
    ''Dazzling.'' ''Breathtaking.'' ''Stunning.'' ''Phenomenal.'' & ''Unforgettable.'' Disney Animation's Best since The Lion King. The Best Animated Film of 2013.
  23. Mar 23, 2014
    Beautifully animated, gorgeous visuals as well as amazing vocal performances by the cast. Definitely would put it amongst the best Disney films ever made.
  24. Mar 22, 2014
    "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and sky, let it go, let it go, you'll never see me cry, here I stand, and here I'll stay, let the storm rage on"

This beautiful song truly represents how wonderful and touching Frozen is, no need to say more!
    Frozen gets a 8,5/10
  25. Mar 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is absolutley fantastic. It's hilarious, heart-warming, and beautifully done. Disney defenitly made a different kind of princess movie- the princess falls in love with an ice picker... Instead of the traitor prince. I love the characters, Olaf is funny, Anna is silly, Elsa is like the mysterious one, Christoph is the shy guy, Hns is the traitor, and Sven is the animal friend.
    The whole story line I feel is great. It's quite interesting and I've watched the movie 5 times and I'm still intrigued. I love how they incorporate the songs into the scenes. The songs are absolutely amazing- Let it Go even won an Oscar! Their songs hit home and you can feel the emotion from the characters.
    Disney does a very good job of making Hans sound truthful. I love this movie for the fact that the protagonist doesn't end up falling in love with a prince. It makes it stand out amongst the other disney princess movies, along with Tangled and Brave. Overall, I think this is an amazing movie and people of all ages would enjoy it :).
  26. Mar 19, 2014
    This movie will be one of those classic Disney films that you can watch all over again. The character animations and art are beautiful, the music is some of the best I've heard from Disney! It's a fun, feel-good movie for the family to watch, especially sisters :) keep it coming Disney! A must-buy for Blu-Ray
  27. Mar 17, 2014
    I am a fan of Disney films and even musicals, and this is in a way the best of both worlds. This film is kind of overrated being called "The Best Film of the Decade" but even if it is, that by all means doesn't make it a bad movie. I enjoyed the different approach that Disney took with this film and even how they wrote the characters. My only complaint is that the villain was kind of stale and predictable from the beginning but it doesn't taint the film in the slightest. The soundtrack is outstanding and so is the animation and storytelling and I defiantly recommenced it for ANY fan of musicals or animated films. Expand
  28. Mar 17, 2014
    An Outstanding Animated Movie With Beautiful Girls (;D) !!! ** Frozen ** * This is an outstanding animated movie with amazing visual effects and wonderful story packed with adventure & humor that gives fun and excitement which delivers in grand scale making this movie easily stands as one the best in animated movies of all time !! . * The story mainly surrounds about the relationship and adventures between two sisters Anna& Elsa in which they go through with series of hardship to achieve what they seek ! . A wonderful story with good characters that influence this movie with a huge clarity the story is one of the main features that gives this movie a grand success !! .

* The characters in this movie are very like-able their interaction gave this movie lot of humor that we enjoy by watching the screen play they were well developed and were perfectly presented in screenplay beautiful manner .

* The most of the Disney movies are like Les Misérables style like singing and dancing with musical themes ! this movie has the same style with good songs and music which is done wonderfully with humor and great visual effects ! .

* This movie has the wonderful and amazing visual effects some of it seems is being influenced by the movies such as Tangled and Wreck it Ralph but still its more Bright & Colorful it literally glitters and sparkles through out the whole movie giving its beauty and brilliance .

* The Director of this movie deserve a great appreciation for making this animated movie successful they did great job managing screen play, character development and visual effects perfectly with out any mismatch .

* This whole movie feels like a fun winter with lots snow and ice !.

* The Movie is simply amazing with all the fun stuffs gathered with good story and wonderful visual effects it stands out one of the best in animated movies !!! .

Frozen : **********

(10/10) Stars
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    Even if the plot and both main characters are not quite develop as they have to be, the movie overall is great. The song "Let it go" won an Oscar not for nothing and it's in my mind for days!
  30. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent show, absorbing, entertaining, perfect animation, colors, and music. When it is needed to get away from tensions and dull movies there is no better than Frozen.
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    Before watching the movie, I knew this was going to be great. And it was. The film is hilarious, touching, beautiful and it touches on many different aspects. It's a very fast-paced and enjoyable animation. Oh, and the soundtrack and songs are just incredible.
  32. Mar 7, 2014
    Frozen had magnificent music, lovely art, a fantastic story, and a really good humor which isn't appealing to only a certain age group. Overall, Frozen was easily one of my most favorite Disney movies.
  33. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't like Frozen as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because everyone hyped it up but honestly, there were too many plot holes and the characters really didn't change or develop. I was willing to let all that slide but when I heard someone said they thought Elsa was a strong princess that showed up all other Disney princesses, I lost it. I generally pretty forgiving when I'm giving a criticism of something (since I definitely couldn't have done a better job) but all I ask for is a somewhat believable plot and mediocre characters and I didn't find that. Elsa may be young but she was old enough to be a queen. She should have been smart enough to train and control her abilities or at least consider what she might do if she were discovered, seeing as how she couldn't even touch something for 3 seconds without revealing herself. She should have been mature enough not to run away from her responsibilities. Other Disney princesses may have had run away for love stories or adventure but I can understand that. They lived in an oppressive, patriarchal society filled with arranged marriages. Many of them even had admirable qualities like compassion, strong morals, humbleness, an fearless will, etc . They found and fought for their happy ending and, when they became queens, were loved by their people because they didn't hold any of their past fears or desires with them. Elsa was a queen from the start, not a young girl and not a princess. Her people are who she (should) be living for. She also had a younger sister to think of. Anna couldn't have possible taken over the throne with her inexperience and eagerness to please. As well, another thing that didn't seem real was the sudden shift in Hans character and the (almost forced) love between Anna and Kristoff. As if it were just a way to throw the audience with no reason other than to extenuate how they are trying to change their princesses. If that was the point, there are better ways to tell that kind of story (ex: harry potter or Mulan, where romantic love stories were a secondary focus). However, I have to admit the songs were great. That was certainly one redeemable quality. In the end, if the question was would I was it again, the answer is no. On the other hand, if you want to know if you should watch it for a first time, then yes it is worth it. My review may not be a positive one, but the movie really was not terrible, just frustrating. Expand
  34. Mar 5, 2014
    from the creators of tangled they present frozen this is wonderful movie and india menzel is amazing kristen bell not so much or the snowman not even close to great
  35. Mar 5, 2014
    A bravura and toasty comeback to the zenith of Disneyland, FROZEN, the freshly BEST ANIMATION PICTURE crowner in the Academy Awards, has already swept the globe with its colossal box-office gross and the ultra-appealing theme song LET IT GO, it also signals the first time for our beloved animation tentpole, a lovey-dovey boilerplate of a princess in the quest for her Prince Charming is preponderated by the bond between princess Anna and her sister, the Ice Queen Elsa, a more broad and wholesome act of true love.

Step into the shoes of the cutting-edge sub-brand Pixar, whose BRAVE (2012, 8/10) heralds a trend whereby a female heroine can break the shackles of looking for male suitor as the one and only goal for life. FROZEN goes for a more ambitious yet crucial route to accentuate the courage of embracing yourself as who you are, no matter how different you are from the rest, shut down your heart and lock yourself up in an isolated kingdom is not a way out. Such a valuable message can be widely assimilated among viewers while the roots remain Disney-esque, tuneful and catchy musical numbers with routine delivery, prominent sidekicks fittingly align with the protagonists, like Olaf, the snowman naively thirsts for summer and sunlight, the contribution of Josh Gad’s voice cannot go unnoticed.

Veteran animator Chris Buck teams up with the first-time director Jennifer Lee, together they construe Hans Christian Andersen’s popular fairytale (The Ice Queen) into a visually variegated adventure, minimize the cliché-ridden flourishes which commonly embellish the leitmotif (no redundant sub-plots to slow down the narrative pace). The story progresses in a wonted and linear approach, yet the whole journey is never in deficiency of enchantment, while the plot is fairly more twisty than Disney’s usual fare, a key revelation against the grain can blindside audiences without a hitch.

The voice-cast are enjoyable despite that Menzel’s voice is overtly too old for Elsa, it is also a plucky move to cast an openly out actor (Groff) to dub the valiant reindeer rider as Anna’s genuine soulmate and love-interest, along with the connotation for a more nondiscriminatory society extracted from the pith of its tale, FROZEN is a cinematic hero of our times, a film reaches a much broader demography and transcends its general raison d’ être, it may indeed positively refine our world into a more civilized tier and it is no end of virtuous achievements!
  36. Mar 4, 2014
    I love this movie. It's wonderful. The songs are beautiful (let it go) and the characters are unpredictable, which is something that no other disney movie has done. The humor is subtle but perfect, and the moral is great for kids. Definitely see this and bring your kids. One of the best Disney films to date.
  37. Mar 4, 2014
    The Disney studio should be in happy for this year’s Academy awards nominees. They got this movie in the short list of the best animated movie. The live shot ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ and ‘The Lone Ranger’ got nodes to compete with others in different categories. Whether they win it all or not Disney people will be more than satisfied for the nomination tag for their movies which will stay forever.

A decade ago, people called Disney is done and dusted but in recent couple of years, it was a great come back for them. ‘Tangled’ put them on the track, now with this wonderful family movie they are more confident. Yeah, I loved this movie a lot for many reasons. It was fast, sentimental, romantic and had adorable, cute 3D character models.

I think Disney studio is following on the footsteps of Studio Ghibli. I believe they found their strength in the name of the young girl’s role in their recent movies. Like Rapunzel for ‘Tangled’ this movie had Anna. Both the movies backed by pleasant music and admirable animal character with awesome facial expressions for humorous in parts of the storytelling.

I had seen all the nominees of this year’s animation movie, except Studio Ghibli's ‘The Wind Rises’. I liked ‘Monster University’, it was fun, but ‘The Croods’ attracted me a lot. I was hoping French animation ‘Ernest & Celestine’ could win, but after seeing it no doubt on why it got the honour. So I am happy for this movie's win at the big event.

9.5/10
  38. Mar 4, 2014
    Frozen is an enjoyable romp that left me feeling a bit empty. After watching it for the first time, I had difficulty pinning down what exactly the source of that feeling was but I did know that it didn't feel like a Disney movie. Upon a second viewing I confirmed suspicions and found other problems.

I think the language used by the characters would have been enough to prevent the film
    from becoming a classic. The characters speak with a lot of modern colloquialisms, particularly in the first half of the film, which really grates at times. For some reason the writers at Disney have decided that to have a ditzy, innocent female protagonist they have to start her off as an annoying tween. I understand that you want your audience to identify with the characters but it doesn't fit the setting and comes off as forced.

The Musical numbers are good but really lack the timeless quality of the Disney Renaissance musical numbers, in no small part because of the language but also due to having a young feel about them that I associate with some recent Broadway musicals. It's all very high energy, lacking the climaxes and the feeling of deliberate, thought-out pacing leaving the songs feeling a little forced. "Let it Go" has rightfully been getting praise and is definitely the highpoint of the score but even it fails to live up to the scores of "The Little Mermaid" through "The Lion King".

This leads into the problem of pacing with the film in general, the film feels a bit frenetic. It throws in jokes wherever it can, much like Fox Animation and Dreamworks tend to, interrupting the scene it's trying to build. Olaf in particular simply destroys dramatic tension and pacing. That isn't to say that he brings in humor to take the edge off when things might be getting to intense for kids, he incessantly interrupts the process of building tension. Olaf seems to generally be a love or hate character, my girlfriend thought he was the best part of the movie and was less impressed with the film than I was. I simply felt that he was extraneous, Sven provides just the right amount of slapstick by himself and goofy characters and gags are liberally sprinkled in to create more than enough humor without an extra comedic sidekick.

Onto what the movie does really well, CGI. The movie is absolutely gorgeous. Characters are extremely emotive and the snow magic is breathtaking. The imagery of "Let it Go" was amazing and exciting. Watching Elsa explore her powers was a ton of fun and was excellently combined with the musical number. The fight scene with the snow monster was the height of the films animation. Movement was fluid, characters were full of emotion, and tension oozed out of the screen when it wasn't leaving you breathless from action.

There is something that itches about some of Elsa's animations though, I'm not sure if she reminds me of a character from something else or if her facial animations approach the uncanny valley at times but I get this uncomfortable feeling that she's from a direct to DVD movie at times and not because it's bad animation.

I fully recommend Frozen to families with children up to their tweens and to Broadway fans, especially younger ones. Don't go into Frozen expecting a classic Disney musical or another Wreck it Ralph and you'll be fine.
  39. Mar 3, 2014
    There is so much hype for this film. Everyone is singing the songs, everyone is quoting dialogue - and that isn't always the kids! So I had to get around to watching it at some point. The music is pretty top-notch and I'm not usually a fan of musicals. There is quite a lot of it though and some transitions into and out of them are a bit scruffy. It does also seem rather rushed overall with its rather odd pacing, but its charm should melt many a frozen heart Expand
  40. Mar 3, 2014
    I can't stop watching Frozen right now because this. This is the perfect icing on the cake and for so many years of fantastic animated work with a blend of unforgettable adventures, I'd say move over Simba because Queen Elsa and Princess Anna might get your number. Frozen is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time since the 1989-99 Disney Renaissance era and I couldn't be more happier than singing in the movie theater than listening to the song "Let It Go." Every time I listen to this song, it becomes a theme song for fans everywhere to see what magic lies ahead when fear and love meets adventure in so many places. That's what Disney is all about, keeping their promises and start rebuilding a new generation of Renaissance after a past decade of good and bad movies that almost ruined their reputation for success. But 5 years have come gone by since The Princess and the Frog and just like any movie musical has to offer. Disney, I hope you should make more animated musicals in the future. Kudos to both Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell for putting on a phenomenal performance as Anna and Elsa. I hope they should make a Frozen sequel or a short film really soon. The cold never bother me, anyway! Expand
  41. Mar 2, 2014
    This movie was apparently voted the best Disney movie of all time and I completely agree with it. Frozen was an incredible movie that taught its audience a great message.
  42. Mar 1, 2014
    A simple premise of an ice queen that is misunderstood with the support of her family, sprinkled with musical scenes throughout the movie. Entertaining watch for the whole family that adjust the Disney formula just slightly to stay fresh and current while wow the viewers with spectacular icy visuals.
  43. Mar 1, 2014
    Finally a Disney film not about being rescued by a prince. Very touching a beautifully done. Some of the songs are a bit cheesy but hey, that's the nature of this film.
  44. Feb 28, 2014
    Seeing this movie made me mourn the late Howard Ashman all over again. The lyrics in this film were so trite, the songs so mediocre (at best) I could hardly watch it. With the exception of the good (not great) "Let it Go", the songs are what kills the picture for me, though some annoying plot lines and story structure issues plague it as well. I know I'm in the minority, but we've grown to accept such low standards these days. The art direction, however, was stellar. It was just such a missed opportunity on many levels. It could have been great, it just wasn't. Expand
  45. Feb 23, 2014
    i hate to hate this movie. it's very good except for the comedy aspects. they tried to take a more mature and emotional but fail with its childish and unfunny jokes. i would watch this again for the really touching and deep parts of the movie witch it gets down pretty well. the movie lacked comedy, it goes from such a deep and compelling story to jokes that feel like they where meant for 5 year old's. i have to admit that some jokes in frozen where funny but most to all jokes made by the snowman (forget his name) feel very inmature and not funny. all in all i think it was a OK movie and if it kept with more mature jokes that where meant for kinds and adult it would have gotten a 8 or 9 out of 10 in my books Expand
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    One of my favorite Disney movies to date. Might sound blasphemous to say in this day & age for a new one but it really gets everything those classic movies did right & more. Not only that, but the characters are all likable & even realistic at times with how they interact. They even make fun of a couple Disney tropes, though in a loving way. Really the only thing keeping me from rating this a 10 is that there were a couple unnecessary scenes/songs that just slowed the movie down for me & took me out of it for a while. But this is still a great one.

(For my full review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, no spoilers.)
  47. Feb 23, 2014
    I really don't understand all the praise this movie is receiving. Good animation and music shouldn't be an excuse for a bad and poorly paced story. As Disney has matured over the years their story telling has improved greatly in their films. Though this is just an example of them dropping the ball. I fear that we are coming to a point where people are just simply giving out good rating because "Its a Pixar Film". Expand
  48. Feb 21, 2014
    Heartfelt, picturesque, surprisingly amazing, and filled with very memorable catchy soundtracks. This is what Disney's Frozen is made off. A newly engaging popcorn flick that tends not only visually but awesomely a fun time you will ever watched in this year.

Rating: 3.5 / 4
  49. Feb 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've read some critics of the movie and I must say there's a bit of everything here. It's true that the constant singing gets annoying after a while, but there's actually a lot of merit with the villain turning out to be prince Hans. Plus, the love between Anna and Kristoff doesn't get to be the most important relationship in the movie which is quite an achievement for Disney movies. At the end, the little princess and the ice trader end up being just a normal couple which will not necessarily become a marriage. So, despite the recoil with the singing, this movie brings a lot of new things, and breaks with many of Disney's patterns. A great movie without doubt. Expand
  50. Feb 17, 2014
    mysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysysmysys
  51. Feb 13, 2014
    Frozen is the less Disney type movie from the Disney Animation Studios. As Wreck it Ralph this film breaks the Occidental paradigm of animated pictures, although in this case is not the idea of villain that is destroy; is one much more bigger and rooted, the true love. Which is achieve by breaking another archetype, the one of Prince Charming. Other thing that is important to mention is that Frozen explores a new relationship instead the typical of prince and princess, which is sister and sister. This is an innovation however different relationships have been explored in recent movies like Tangled and Brave, which are mother and daughter. With all these new things, the massages that are transmitted by the film are more rich and according to the current times, where the true love is a relative term and the happily ever after is a myth. The theme song Let it Go is really enchanting and the animation is excellent; only the character construction is not so good, making them bad defined. Expand
  52. Feb 11, 2014
    The character development, the finer and smaller details and the writing are what make this movie shine. It does what an excellent movie is supposed to do, make the characters and plot go by effortlessly to an untrained eye. The plot's also very good and suitable to children, while still being appealing to adults.
    If you have a kid under 16, watch this with them. If they're not
    interested, watch it alone. Expand
  53. Feb 11, 2014
    A fabulous film! Wonderfully crafted & beautifully animated! The story of Anna & Elsa is both beautiful & touching. "Frozen" assures the fans that disney still has the magic.
  54. Feb 9, 2014
    This could be the only Disney film that teaches you these two things.
    1. It takes a long time to know a man before marriage.
    2. You don't always need a man to save you! Your sister is the one that has your back no matter what!
    I believe the Oscar goes to this film for sure.
  55. Feb 9, 2014
    I love CGI animation movies since I saw Toy Story in 1995, and I must say this is by far the worst I've ever seen! After Pixar excellent pieces in the 90s and 00s, as well as the Shrek series, you would have thought that the era of purely child-oriented, one-dimensional, cheesy fairy tale princess stories interrupted by musical pieces is clearly over. Apparently not. I am frankly shocked how many raving reviews this calculated, heartless and unfunny movie got both from critics and users. Clearly something must be wrong with my taste. The initial premise of separating the sisters is totally stupid, the anticlimax in the middle feels forced and unbelievable, there is no real villain, the romance feels incredibly stale, and the music is annoying as hell (even though so forgettable I couldn't remember any of the tunes 30 min later). This is a huge step back for the genre of animated movies, and the saddest thing is that with these kind of reviews, we're gonna see more of this garbage in the future. Expand
  56. Feb 5, 2014
    The very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a mother tell her some "The Queen has come up age" and the kid reply's "Mom, that's not my fault". Expand
  57. Feb 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen, a story of family, love and beating the odds. The movie starts out with the loss of parents, a fight between sisters and a town cast into a perpetual winter. Elsa, the queen of Arendelle, has been trying to keep her magical powers a secret. When Anna, Elsa’s sister, and Elsa get into an argument over a potential engagement, Elsa’s secret becomes public to the whole kingdom. This leads Elsa to isolate herself in the forest in an attempt to “protect” those she loves. Anna bands with a mountain man named Kristoff and his reindeer Sven, in an attempt to protect the kingdom. With twists, turns, and adventure throughout the movie. With a race against time Anna proves that an act of true love is what is needed to end the winter. In an attempt to safe her sister Anna almost gives her life. This ultimately leads to end the curse of the perpetual winter and the restoration of unity between sisters.
    Even though the summary of the movie seems like it would be a heart wrenching classic, Frozen’s overall performance was quite mediocre. Starting with the positive aspects of the movie. One’s expectations with a Disney Film would be flawless animation, this is where Frozen delivered. Throughout the film you can see articulate buildings, houses and castles fitting the Scandavian region the movie is depicting. The buildings were not the only thing that caught my eye, the patterns and colors in the clothing each character was wearing were beautifully elaborate. One of the amazing scenes took place when Elsa was created her castle with her powers, as each spiral rose up from the ground it created a glow that was immaculate. If the castle was created in real life, it would be classified as one of the great wonders of the world. The animators had a task in front of them with variety of different characters that would be in this film such has a human with magical powers, talking snowmen, rock trolls, giant snow creatures and many more. With each character they were able to create flowing movement, facial emotions and real life actions to give it the appeal that this could be real.
    I grew up singing along Disney movies such as The Lion King, The Jungle Book and other classics which sometimes you can still catch me singing today. The music in Frozen was very catchy and upbeat just like the Disney classics. At the same time it was a little different, it almost had a Broadway or musical feel as Elsa, Anna and others sang solos and duets. With this style of music, it aloud a greater audience then just little children it appeal to those who are fond musicals. While I was watching the movie I saw this little six year old girl who was singing every song, I couldn’t help but smile and try to sing along. My girlfriend, who loves musicals like Wicked and Beauty and the Beast, loved the music so much that she went out at bought the sound track, she puts it in when she wants to be in a better mood or just to sing along. I believe that is what Disney is trying to get out of their movies, are happy feelings that make you want more.
    As in most Disney movies such as Finding Nemo, there seems to be a tragic start usually consisting of a death to a parent but this time it seemed to be almost wrong. Both parents were killed leaving behind two young girls to grow up in a castle by themselves due to Elsa’s fear of hurting others with her magical powers. The two girls become isolated from each other, which the depiction of being held captive against their will for different reasons. A plot of murder, greed and lust is underlying in the movie with one of the characters. Is something that children should be exposed to at such an early age? I think not! You might as well let them watch Lone Survivor at least it had some deep moral value to the plot.
    When we think of Disney we think of romantic princess love stories like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White to name a couple but Frozen’s love story was a disaster. Anna who wants nothing more to be in love, is betrayed by the man of her dreams. Not to mention that Elsa has no love romance in her life, even though she just became the queen of Arendelle. The end left you still sad about the whole situation there wasn’t a “Happily Ever After” ending that is Disney’s trademark.
    I would say that this will not be one of the great Disney classics that everyone cherishes and passes down to their children. I was left with a sense of emptiness towards the whole film. I would give this film 2 out of 4 stars because I know that Disney is capable of so much more. You don’t need to go to the movie instead go buy the soundtrack and sing out loud with you children, friends and even your girlfriend.
  58. Feb 3, 2014
    制作精良的动画音乐佳作,场景设计都很漂亮,歌都很棒,Let It Go百听不厌,故事虽然平庸了些但不影响这部影片的出色,冰雪特效做得很厉害,登峰造极的水准。
  59. Feb 2, 2014
    Amusing in its storytelling and rousing in its musical stylings, "Frozen" further hammers home Disney's absurdly satisfying understanding of the animated family comedy.
  60. Feb 1, 2014
    This is actually one of my favourite movies of the year. The music is some of the best Disney music since the Lion King the animation is beautiful and there's many lovable characters. Please go and see it.
  61. Jan 31, 2014
    One of the best Disney films. The songs are top-notched. The storyline was awesome. The characters are distinguishable, has its own role and fits perfectly to everything else. I would watch this several times again.
  62. Jan 30, 2014
    The hype is real.
    Nostalgia is a very strong thing..But if you remove it from your mind this might end up being your favorite Disney film ever. It blew me away. Worth the ticket for Elsa's 'Let It Go' alone, steals the whole show. Well done Jennifer Lee
  63. Jan 27, 2014
    excellent animated feature! It revives the traditional musical and fairy tale style of Disney but with unexpected unpredictable resolution to the story.
  64. Jan 27, 2014
    Wonderfully enchanting. The most amazing plot twist. Best movie Disney has made in FOREVER! The true definition of love. It was flawless (lots of singing lol) and fantastic graphics.
  65. Jan 27, 2014
    Really Good movie, one of the Best of Disney since a long time. It's a movie based on music, so there approximately 7-8 songs and they are all good. There are awesome. Only thing is there is no strong villain.

Fantastic movie I recommend to every person at every age !
  66. Jan 27, 2014
    Frozen is beautifully animated, full of heart, and laugh out loud funny in places. Idina Menzel knocks it out of the park with 'Let It Go' a more than worthy choice for best song of the year.
  67. Jan 27, 2014
    It's mostly traditional Christmas movie charm, and that's okay in controlled amounts each year. Frozen unfortunately, goes too far, to the point where there's not even an antagonist we can consistently loathe throughout the movie's duration.
  68. Jan 26, 2014
    My daughters enjoyed very much the movie, especially the music, my son was not as impressed with the movie. I think overall the movie is a good family movie, but maybe more for girls. The movie has a good storyline with entertaining characters, a good soundtrack and very good animation.
  69. Jan 26, 2014
    Frozen is by far the the best animated movie I have seen in a long time. They have blended music and action perfectly. The attention to detail is amazing. There are some predictable moments but over all it is amazing.
  70. Jan 26, 2014
    I thought the animation and design attention to detail was amazing. everything else was just meh. Possibly the only reason I will buy this later is because my daughter loved it.
  71. Jan 26, 2014
    Never before have I walked out of a film. I don't understand why this film is advertised and sold as yet another well rounded hallmark Disney animated film. Instead this is a female centric story focusing on sisterhood, aimed at a female demographic with unnecessarily long songs.

Instead of having a story focused upon on the ice queen or her sister, they try and do both. It fails
    especially because the sister, Anna, is a lonely young girl yet is well adjusted and unrealistically happy in her situation. Her clumsiness and the ridiculous timing of Prince Hans' interactions with her is exactly what we'd find in a romantic comedy; i.e. a cliched silly, clumsy girl being lovestruck with the perfect gentleman.

To top this off in the first 20 mins we have to endure 3 long songs, 3! As if 1 isn't enough. Admittedly I loathe singing in cartoons (because they are a distraction, elongate film, serve little purpose and/or are a cliched introspective moment where a character finds resolution in song) but I wished the trailer showed this film for what it really is.
  72. Jan 26, 2014
    An animated, amusing and delightful Disney musical.I really liked the songs, especially 'Let it Go'' performed by Idina Menzel.One of the good works by Disney but way behind Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.
  73. Jan 25, 2014
    I'll be brief here. What makes good movie a great one for me?
    Five things: good story, amazing characters, some well-timed pieces of comedy, beautiful visual appearance and most importantly, the music. With one of the greatest Disney soundtracks, this movie had it all. It was propably the best movie I've seen in years. Thank you, Disney.
  74. Jan 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is great, for a Disney film. It has likable characters, stunning visuals and great music. That's really all a Disney film needs, and it deserves an 8 for it.
    But the movie isn't superb because many parts of the story don't make sense. Why remove Anna's memory of Elsa's magic and keep the girls apart? Wouldn't Elsa hurt anyone else like her parents as well? Even so, the girls couldn't have become that estranged living under the same roof unless Elsa was locked in her room all the time, which isn't the case since Elsa was seen somewhere that appears to be a hallway. Also, you can't jump off a sled in the midair. In the real world, you can't marry into the throne. Anna would be the queen if Elsa died and if they both died, the crown would be passed on to their cousins. If that's how the fictional system works there would be people trying to do what Hans did the moment the King died. Anna wasn't the queen so she couldn't have left Hans in charge of the city and even if she could, people wouldn't be loyal to him enough to sentence the queen to death, which is plainly ridiculous. The part where Anna saves Elsa is even more absurd. Unless Elsa is deaf, Hans is deaf and blind, or Anna is Sonic the hedgehog, I don't see how that part works.
    As for the rest of the story, it's mostly OK. It's typical, but still enjoyable. I love how romance isn't the love that unfrozen Anna, and how Olaf was willing to melt for Anna probably because of how dedicated and fearless Anna was. Overall the movie is great.
  75. Jan 24, 2014
    Disney is back with "Frozen". I'm very glad with Walt Disney Pictures because they are showing us that they're working hard with a renewed face. "Tangled", "Winnie the Pooh" and "Wreck-It, Ralph!" are truly jewels but "Frozen" is The Jewel. It's a perfect cyrcle, "Frozen" seems a Broadway musical. Now, I hope with Disney.
  76. Jan 23, 2014
    Beautiful looking movie with very like-able characters. The biggest flaw of it though is that it was the most generic, predictable story of all time. You could accurate tell the entire film's plot within the first 5-10 minutes of it. That predictability definitely takes away from it but it was still a solid film overall.
  77. Jan 22, 2014
    I'm putting this down as the most overrated film of the year. It's a purely artificial film with a full collection of very forgettable musical pieces. It's like Disney thinks they can simply whip up a bunch of great singers, superb computer graphics, and whimsical characters and everything would work. It doesn't. You can't make me care about characters with no depth. If it wasn't for the Olaf character, this movie would easily get a big fat donut.

The only thing this film accomplished is making me want to go back and watch a masterpiece in Beauty and The Beast (10/10). After you watch this film, you'll see the similarities and why Frozen doesn't hold a candle to it.
  78. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a great movie worthy of being rated among the pantheon of Disney heritage such as Aladdin and Lion King. The main songs beautiful and well done, the animation is beautiful, the story is endearing and touching and a wonderful subversion of the normal true love trope. I have some minor gripes dealing with continuity, and a couple of the songs are actually pretty lame, so no 10/10, but this is a new classic to be sure. Expand
  79. Jan 21, 2014
    It is an amazing movie for any age. Good story, good characters, and amazing songs. Notice how every single bad review about this movie has been about it being a "musical". Personally I loved every song and think they were beautifully done. Not to mention that the animations for the movie are amazing. As an 18 year old male I can honestly say that I loved the move and would love to see it again before it leaves theaters. Expand
  80. Jan 20, 2014
    There are few movies I would give a 10 but Frozen definitely deserves it! Disney departs from their usual fairytale formula but unlike Brave, Frozen capitalizes on the change up. The movie looks absolutely stunning and is filled with humor and charm, courtesy of Olaf, from beginning to end.

The songs in Frozen are biased towards the first half of the movie and more duets between the
    sisters or another solo for Elsa would have been appreciated. With Idina Menzel offering a spectacular vocal performance it was too bad she only had one big number. Anna (Kristen Bell) and Olaf (Josh Gad) also stun with their vocal prowess in singing and character voices respectively.

In short, Disney has never filled a movie with more magic than they did with Frozen.
  81. Jan 19, 2014
    This movie is a magical, humorous, adventure that keeps the viewer usually at the edge of their seat. The songs are breathtaking and some are inspiring such as Let It Go. The characters are made with amazing qualities (Except Hans and such), this is the best Disney Movie ever made since the Lion King. And, it teaches you that you don't always need a man's help, just remember to hold on to your sister. You never know when she may leave. Expand
  82. Jan 19, 2014
    Quite possibly the best regular Disney movie ever made. This is a groundbreaking movie for Disney and not only is the story fun and creative, but the music is amazing itself. You may find yourself singing the songs long after you've left the theater.
  83. Jan 18, 2014
    Beautiful animation, a masterpiece. A very unique plot that is not cliche at all. The soundtrack is also fantastic! Disney has produced another ageless film!
  84. Jan 18, 2014
    The dialog are not and the jokes are too simple and mediocre, the only appreciable note on the story is the change of the previous Disney point of view: better not trust of the love of first sight, this is in my opinion a massive improvement of the message behind the story. Out of this is very disappointing, not so funny, and comparing to Croods for example or Despicable Me, Turbo, the dialog are not at the same level. Very disappointing Expand
  85. Jan 14, 2014
    Where i see this movie i discover a new tipe of movie...
    The animated good movie.
    This Is a diferent movie comparate with the other animated movie.
    Conclusions:Is a good movie
  86. Jan 13, 2014
    This is hands down, one of the best Disney movies of the decade. The animation is flawless, the music incredible and there are some really great moments that hit the heart.
  87. Jan 13, 2014
    It's one of the best Disney movies I've seen in years, since 'The Lion King' in 1994; And it deserves much better scores from the critics. It's an absolute must-see for anyone!
  88. Jan 12, 2014
    This movie was just...wow. Everything is simply perfect. The music is phenomenal, the voice-acting and singing is top-notch, the animation is incredible, there's a huge plot twist towards the end you won't see coming, and it's simply one of the most hilarious movies I've watched in the past 5 years. There's really not much else to say other than "go see it as soon as you can". I don't care how old you are; this movie is a must-see. Expand
  89. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen oozes with fancy computer generated imaging and high detail close ups of crystal snowflakes. The amount of eye candy in this movie explodes as even the minute of details can be seen. Viewers will be in for a ride as Disney takes its watchers on a journey to a Scandinavian world where Princess / Queen Elsa has insurmountable power to create objects out of thin air with snow and ice but becomes lonesome and isolated due to her gifts and Princess Anna who can be seen as the cheerful gullible type that turns into a brave heroine.

The movie has a number of songs that makes Frozen a musical. They set the tone very well between the growing up scene of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman", to the fun and lackadaisical "In Summer" sang by Olaf. As well thought out as the pieces go, there were several places in the movie where the song's execution were awkwardly put in. Some examples of this would be when Anna reaches the ice castle and where it was a serious confrontation only to be changed forcibly by the introduction of a song. Those moments of confrontations where it should further develop the plot were stained by some of the song pieces. Otherwise, the vast majority of songs and their placements were well executed.

The story was also a nice change in pace from the modern Disney franchise movies. The movie sets a good tone that family, specifically sisterhood, is the most powerful force of all that can get through any hardships. If there was anything that can be felt out of equilibrium it would be the beginning wahere it felt rushed to establish why Elsa / Anna never grew up together for the vast majority of their childhood. The plot twists weren't that surprisingly and many scenes were "Disney-fied" (i.e.- person X doesn't get murdered even though they tried to murder person Y, or an impossible event happen where someone shouldn't be able to survive, survives). Overall it was still a very entertaining story.

Frozen tops the chart of many modern animation movies. It excels not only in its graphical fidelity and the story telling; albeit, a little rough on some areas. It was still an excellent movie that shouldn't be missed on the 4K digital screens of movie theaters or IMAX/3D. Parsimony gives this movie a 9/10.
  90. Jan 12, 2014
    'Frozen' reminds you of what cinema is about: an original, dramatic story, loveable characters who almost come to life and beautiful images that make you wish you were there.
    argonautis.eu
  91. Jan 12, 2014
    Disney animation has done it again. Frozen is easily the best animation of 2013 and with Wreck-it Ralph from last year Disney not Pixar gets top billing. A
  92. Jan 10, 2014
    Simply a stunning movie! Easily the best Disney movie this decade. The animations are so well done and the songs are not forced and sound delightful. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell both did phenomenal jobs voice acting Elsa and Anna. Josh Gad's character Olaf, also added a nice infusion of comedy into this amazing movie.
  93. Jan 10, 2014
    Lame songs, Cliche after Cliche, been there done that story.... Shut me out, good prince, bad prince, talking animalt-hings, TRUE LOVE.... blah blah blah....
  94. Jan 9, 2014
    Lovely, funny and solid. Includes animation and songs that combined make this movie one of the greatest in animation. Personally, I really appreciated Elsa's paper during the film. It just shows what Disney is all about.
  95. Jan 9, 2014
    In un momento di scarsa ispirazione complessiva per quanto riguarda il genere, la Disney va sul classico per il suo nuovo cartone animato affidandolo al regista di ‘Tarzan’ a alla sceneggiatrice di ‘Ralph spaccatutto’. E’ il primo film della premiata ditta scritto completamente da una donna, circostanza da cui proviene con ogni probabilità l’accento sulla sorellanza (ma anche l’aria che tira, visto che anche ‘Ribelle The Brave’ della rivale Pixar ha una protagonista fenninile), e ritorna a basarsi su una fiaba classica dopo ‘Rapunzel L'intreccio della torre’, del quale però non riesce a raggiungere il livello qualitativo. La pellicola uscita nel 2010 mostra infatti una brillantezza e un’inventiva maggiori, oltre ad essere parecchio più divertente: sicuramente la cupa favola che qui fornisce l’abbastanza libera ispirazione (‘La regina dei ghiacci’ di Andersen) non aiuta, ma lo sviluppo della storia patisce la mancanza di coerenza dal punto di vista dello stile narrativo e non sempre le singole situazioni sono davvero convincenti. La prima parte quasi un musical con il parlato ridotto rispetto alle molte canzoni, alcune delle quali assai valide (la musica di Robert Lopez e le parole inglesi sono di Kristen Anderson-Lopez, peccato per il doppiaggio) poi, da quando Elsa si ritira nel suo castello sul picco più alto intonando la coinvolgente ‘Let it go’ (in italiano ‘All’alba sorgerò’, vabbè…) e congelando tutto, lo svolgimento si concentra quasi in esclusiva sull’azione. Anna va alla ricerca della sorella supportata dal commerciante di ghiaccio Cristoph e dalla sua renna, vivendo un’avventura nella neve con qualche momento insipido (il mostro a difesa del castello) e un bel finale che supera la trita convenzione del ‘bacio d’amore’: soprattutto, però, i due incontrano il pupazzo di neve Olaf che ravviva l’atmosfera essendo protagonista di un discreto numero di gag riuscite, a partire dal suo amore per il caldo che, ovviamente, non conosce. La voce di Enrico Brignano si rivela una scelta azzeccata (quella originale di Josh Gad) per un personaggio che contribuisce non poco a recuperare l’interesse che almeno per lo spettatore adulto stava un po’ andando a scemare. Detto che Elsa all’inizio del progetto doveva essere una cattiva a tutto tondo e che la sua posizione stata modificata in corso d’opera, va infine sottolineato che tra i pregi del film stanno sicuramente il disegno e l’animazione: l’accurata documentazione sull’architettura norvegese per la città di Arendelle e lo studio attento dei fiocchi di neve servono da base alla creatività degli artisti dello studio Disney che raggiungono il loro massimo nella costruzione, libera e di notevole potenza immaginativa, del castello della regina delle nevi. Infine, va anche sottolineato come, sebbene i più piccoli possano spaventarsi un po’ in qualche passaggio, il film sia soprattutto un intrattenimento destinato ai bambini che si va a inserire nel grande filone che comprende, ad esempio, titoli come ‘La bella e la bestia’: per una volta gli adulti, blanditi in questi anni con ogni sorta di ammiccamenti e citazioni, ritornano al loro ruolo di semplici accompagnatori. Expand
  96. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie beautifully reflects elements of classic Disney movies, yet it also has that modern feel to it. Unlike many other Disney films, this one doesn't focus on fairytales or romance instead it focuses on more relatable and modern topics, such as fear, betrayal and family. The casting choices were amazing, and major props go to Idina Menzel, who steals the spotlight with her Broadway experience. I haven't seen a movie that I loved this much in YEARS.
    The music is beyond incredible rather than having the music there as an underscore, they add another dimension to the film. Having said that, "Let It Go" is undoubtedly the most beautiful moment in the film, when one of the film's protagonists finally accepts herself as who she is. Those disliking the input of music need to go and watch The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast; these movies along with Frozen are true Disney classics.
    Frozen will cater for all ages, and I highly recommend it.
  97. Jan 8, 2014
    I felt the beginning was clumsy and cliché, but once the movie starts going it is good. Not the greatest songs, but the main princess character was funny and enjoyable. I was trying to find out why people say Frozen stands out amongst other Disney film, and by the end I see why.
  98. Jan 8, 2014
    I didn't like Frozen one bit. The movie progresses very slowly and unless your a little kid, it won't keep your attention for more than a few minutes. None of the songs were good and the story has been done over and over again. Even with Pixar stubbing the last few years, Disney has yet to make an animation film worthy to stand amongst Pixar.
  99. Jan 7, 2014
    Frozen is a beautifully animated film by Disney about two sisters, Princess Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), whose kingdom has been unintentionally trapped in an eternal winter by Elsa and her snowy powers. Anna joins Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an ice harvester, Sven, his reindeer, and Olaf (Josh Gad), a talking snowman who dreams of summer, in a hunt to find her sister and end the winter before it is to late. The most memorable scene in the movie was when Elsa sang "Let it Go" on top of the mountain, after leaving her kingdom for what she believes will be forever. I loved this film because it is a heartwarming story with lovable characters and an amazing soundtrack. I would recommend this to people of all ages because it is an inspiring movie that is sure to capture the hearts of the entire family. Expand
  100. Jan 7, 2014
    I took my 5 year old son to see Frozen and he loved it, because it's animated. He loves anything animated. I love animated movies but I hate musicals, and this was unfortunately a musical.

I simply cannot understand why Disney would force this movie as a musical. The best animated movies of our time has demonstrated that singing and dancing simply doesn't add any value. Every moment
    they can, someone bursts out in a song. Why? Why does someone have to sing how they feel. This seems to be a lazy person's strategy to tell a story. It is lame and outdated. This movie could have been done without it.

Otherwise, the animation was good, story line was average but movie was far from edgy. Only for kids really.

Pixar has mercifully shown us that the Disney classical animated musical is dead and useless, and that animated movies can be for adults too. Disney, please tell your story without some lunatic bursting out in a song.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 13, 2013
    The film transcends its various borrowings and occasional stumblings with a modern, exuberant spirit that draws heat from Broadway-style musical numbers and, before and after everything else, from marvelous 3-D animation
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Dec 9, 2013
    Not quite up there with "Tangled," but a solid addition to the canon. Catchy tunes will have you humming, but the hunt for the next "The Little Mermaid" continues...
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin