Frozen

7.6

1. Jan 25, 2016
    Frozen is an appropriately measured modern classic;

Frozen is an appropriately measured modern classic;

it is the type of movie which takes on a fairy tale induced historic setting, but adds modern mannerisms, dialogue, and inside jokes to connect you with the characters and their journey. There is a lot of originality with the story arch, but at the same time the conflict does not dip down as low into fathomless peril as some of the prior Disney classics have led you on.

All in all, however, Frozen makes for an enjoyable movie full of laughs, heart aches, and maybe something that just might warm you up inside.
  2. Jan 19, 2016
    It's a descent movie a good girls movie but I got bored of it after 10 months still a good movie though and I would recommend it to girls over 3 under 10
  3. Jan 17, 2016
    I can pull out such a giant list to prove why this movie is bad. Don't you just hate it when they repeat the same old repetitive songs such as.. "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" or "Let it Go!" and man, I sure wish I had some of those equipments such as headphones so I don't have to hear them singing those songs ever again.

Disney sure did the worst mistake in 2013, but hey, it isn't a 0.
  4. Jan 3, 2016
    After looking forward to seeing both "Epic" by Blue Sky Studios and "Frozen" by Disney, I saw both of them this weekend.

The main character of "Epic" looks like a twin of the main character of "Frozen". Also, one movie deals with cold vs warm and the other deals with decay vs growth. Finally, both movies rely a lot on beautiful nature shots. For these reasons, I felt I should review both together.

"Frozen" was much better than I expected. Frozen reminded me a lot of traditional Disney classics like Snow White, Dumbo or Bambi. Yes there was singing, but the singing was surprisingly traditional without sounding corny and outdated. Unlike in most cartoons that involve singing, in "Frozen" it enhanced the experience rather than being a turn-off.

"Frozen" also had a rather well-developed story. It wasn't a traditional good-vs-evil story where the good were perfect and the bad haven't got a single redeeming quality. It also wasn't yet another generic "we must remain ourselves and fight tradition" story like Mulan, Brave and so many others out there. The characters felt more real than I'm used to in a Disney flick and combined with some humor that actually works, that makes "Frozen" one of the most entertaining animations I've seen in a long time.

"Epic" was an "epic failure" in all of these area. The characters were bland and generic. The story was bland and generic and felt like they mixed "Arthur and the Minimoys", "Antz" and "Ferngully" together, then filtered until nothing interesting was left.

The humor didn't work either. As silly as the talking snowman in "Frozen" may look, he actually did work as a comic relief. His actions were funny, his words were funny and he complemented the heroes of the movie well. In "Epic", a snail and a slug served the very same purpose, only they were annoying as h***. Think Jar Jar Bing annoying and worse.

The only thing that works in "Epic" are its visuals. If I just wanted to look at pretty pictures, both "Frozen" and "Epic" would be equally beautiful. The problem is that a movie is more than pretty pictures. A movie is entertainment and needs to entertain. While "Frozen" was much better than I expected, "Epic" was much worse.
  5. Dec 24, 2015
    Frozen não é essa Coca-Cola toda não. Tem uma história interessante e um roteiro bom. Só. Acho que o filme só fez sucesso por causa de Let It Go. Posso estar enganado, mas é isso que aparenta ser.
  6. Dec 19, 2015
    This movie is obnoxious. I liked it at first(kind of), but looking back on it I do not understand why I ever watched it.It is one of the most overrated crap ever. come on disney your better then that.
  7. Dec 13, 2015
    A great family movie for everyone that will surely enjoy. It also offers a good moral lesson

Watch it here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-2a0561-Frozen-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  8. Nov 28, 2015
    I love this movie the animation is so beautiful. the songs are terrific.Olaf and Elsa have to be the favourites. If you have kids and love Disney this movie is a must see
  9. Nov 26, 2015
    Okay, I'd precisely give this about a 68/100, but since that isn't an option I'll just go 7. The movie isn't very original, and the music is overrated, but the animation is wonderful to look at, it's colourful, and there are likeable characters, especially Olaf the snowman. Although not as good as many people say, Frozen is still enjoyable and fun for kids.
  10. Oct 30, 2015
    Good movie and the animation was good too but there were too many songs in the movie and I think they should take out one. +1 for the snowman too because it was very funny!
  11. Sep 27, 2015
    Sure, it was good but also a bit overrated. The best part of the movie was Olaf the snowman who was able to keep me interested. He was just too darn CUTE. But there were some flaws too. "Let it Go" was good when it first came out but it's so overplayed now, I'm getting rather annoyed by it now. "In summer" is a better song anyway. Still, it has more charms than just a funny snowman- theSure, it was good but also a bit overrated. The best part of the movie was Olaf the snowman who was able to keep me interested. He was just too darn CUTE. But there were some flaws too. "Let it Go" was good when it first came out but it's so overplayed now, I'm getting rather annoyed by it now. "In summer" is a better song anyway. Still, it has more charms than just a funny snowman- the characters are mostly likeable and the music is quite good. If you like Disney Musicals, you'll probably enjoy this. Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2015
    The entire story of Frozen is lazy and inconsistent. There are massive holes in the story that could have otherwise helped the entire story. The characters are lazy and completely forgettable.

The Ice Queen could have easily learned how to control her powers, instead she was locked up. She shows she already has major control when she freezes an entire kingdom and makes a castle out of ice. Wouldn't it have been easier to teach her self control?

The snow man is the worst example, being there specifically for comic relief. No one really knows where he came from, even the Ice Queen is surprised the stupid character is "alive". Yeah, we get it, he represents their lost childhood or whatever, but there still wasn't any attempt to make this character any more deeper then a puddle of water. It's painfully obvious he was designed to sell toys.

Frozen is bad, it's bad for everyone and I hate it.
  13. Sep 13, 2015
    I think that the film is nice, but people think is woooow the best film, it's normal. I watched it at the cinema on Jan 2014 and I laughed many times because it's funny, but it's a film I would see once.
  14. Aug 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I only watched “Frozen” a few months ago but I almost cried during the movie. The story was amazing, the performances of it’s voice actors were outstanding and the songs took my breath away. Expand
  15. Jul 14, 2015
    Beautifully animated, wonderfully crafted music, great voice work, and also intensely re-watchable, Disney's "Frozen" is a brilliant, brilliant movie.
  16. Jul 14, 2015
    Before I start this review, I would like to say that this is my opinion on the film, so don't get annoyed if you disagree with my opinion. Okay, lets continue:

Frozen is that kind of movie you feel bad about not liking. Everyone else says its the greatest thing to come to screen, then you're sitting there thinking 'its okay', or 'I didn't like it' and the audience throws 89% of the Rotten Tomatoes this film was rated for at you. Now, I didn't hate the film, but I didn't really like it either. The main reason probably was I just don't like musicals. I love animated films, but this just isn't my sort of movie. I didn't see this in theaters because when I heard 'Let it Go' I slumped in my chair and sighed. But, the animation is pretty freaking good and the actual film is tolerable, so I'll give it a 6. Again, not my type of film, so don't get too peed off at me for not giving it a 10/10.
  17. Jul 7, 2015
    Prior to watching this: Disney animations from the past 10 years have been poor but they have been improving. Of the much more recent ones, I have seen Meet the Robinsons, Bolt and Wreck-it-Ralph. Had a terrible experience with Enchanted. Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey...urrgh! in any film.

Premise: A princess struggles to control her freezing powers and decides to leave her kingdom and sister so as not to hurt them but that turned out to be the wrong way out.

Pros: I liked the change from the polygonal characters we often get with Pixar's films. This has a great X-Men mutant type story with great songs and comedy bits and a very good twist at the end.

Cons: Slightly let down by lack of realism in how the two princesses go around with so little clothing in the cold and with some of the ice structures.

5/5 (No half scores) - Good enough to pay to watch it in the cinema and buy the DVD.
  18. Jul 6, 2015
    Too be honest I was looking forward to watching this but Disney, how did you win a Oscar? the story was just the same as lion king which was a great film but with princesses and everything was predictable. the only thing I liked was some of the songs but some like first time in forever was terrible!!!!
  19. May 28, 2015
    Frozen is an adaption of the Hans Christian Andersen story, The Snow Queen, however since it's a Disney film you know it's going to stray from it's source material. But that's not a bad thing because Frozen is still an entertaining film for what it is, however I didn't really find this film to be as enjoyable in comparison to some of Disney's other films. But I will still give my verdictFrozen is an adaption of the Hans Christian Andersen story, The Snow Queen, however since it's a Disney film you know it's going to stray from it's source material. But that's not a bad thing because Frozen is still an entertaining film for what it is, however I didn't really find this film to be as enjoyable in comparison to some of Disney's other films. But I will still give my verdict on the film. First off, the animation is great as always even though I will still forever miss the charm that traditional animation has. The characters are enjoyable and I like how they are fairly relatable when compared to some Disney characters in the past, despite some characters being good I also think there were some characters that we could have done well without; In fact the main villain of this movie was very disappointing and probably my least favorite Disney villain of all time now. The story is also fairly good but I do think it was a bit shallow at times, and I did notice a few plot holes here and there. Some of the songs in this film are good but there were others that I felt where trying to hard to be like some of the more classic Disney songs but ended up not doing as well of a job. Now despite my criticisms, I do like that this film's moral is a bit different then other Disney films but really it's not enough to make me like the film anymore than I already do. Overall this film is good but I felt that it could have been much better and I really am not looking forward to this film's sequel. This film has also been called the year's "best animated film" but I would actually prefer some other animated films that came out this year over this one like Despicable Me 2, Monster's University and The Wind Rises. Despite my critical feelings towards this film, it will definitely entertain your children and some adults with the Disney charm that it has. Expand
  20. May 10, 2015
    Two Words; It Stunk!!
    :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  21. May 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BEST movie ever, I would definitely get this if I were you! I love the movie, even if it is a little sad at the end. I LUV FROZEN!!! It has everything anyone could want in a movie, so why are you still reading. go buy it. or atleast watch the trailer. blah blah blah blah blah blah. let it go, let it go. cant hold it back anymore, let it go let it go!! turn away and slam the dooooor I don't care what they are going to say, let the storm rage on the cold never bothered me anyways. I also luv the catchy songs!!! MMM, dum di dum dum dum dum dee dum de duuum, dum du m dum dumda dum dum di dumdum dum di dumdium Expand
  22. May 4, 2015
    Was I really that stupid/naive when I watched the Disney renaissance movies or the world is different? Because come on, this movie is barely passable! I got angry watching this, simply because it's so stupid it hurts. Plot holes in children's movies are ok, but this movie takes it to another level. It's not a musical, it's a 100min videoclip with no sense at all.
  23. May 2, 2015
    Disney has not lost their touch when it comes to making animated movies. Now the combination of Pixar's 3D imagery style and Disney original studio's story and character design from the original animated series brings forth a mega stellar hit known as Frozen. Amazing animation, music, characters makes this the best Disney movie so far this generation and the results and revenue they haveDisney has not lost their touch when it comes to making animated movies. Now the combination of Pixar's 3D imagery style and Disney original studio's story and character design from the original animated series brings forth a mega stellar hit known as Frozen. Amazing animation, music, characters makes this the best Disney movie so far this generation and the results and revenue they have made since its release shows how successful this movie has become. Expand
  24. Apr 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So, we watched Frozen recently, and I just have to write a review about it!!

Ken and I had some mixed feelings about this film. While it was good overall, I was kinda bummed about some aspects of it.

The good:

--Most of the music. Let It Go is an epic song, and Olaf's song is hilarious!

--Olaf!! He is HILARIOUS!! I adore his character, and his lines were epic :)

--Kristoff's conversations with Sven. I do that all the time with my pets, and it was awesome and laugh-out-loud hilarious to see it in a movie!

The disappointing:

--Hans. I mean, really?? I did not see that coming. I also did not like that twist.

--Elsa being the "I don't need a man" kind of woman. I loved the direction it was going when there were two guys and two girls - each girl gets to be with someone who loves them, and are able to be sisters again.

The bad:

--Nothing!! I didn't find anything bad with this movie. It's awesome, and while I would have changed the ending, it's just a movie ;)

Our Alternate Ending #1:

Since Elsa is Winter, Anna is Summer. Elsa had knocked Anna's powers out when she hit her with the snowball as a little girl, and Anna gets her magic back when Kristoff takes her to see the trolls. Then, she's able to stop her sister's eternal winter, by bringing summer. The sisters then find that they need each other to be balanced, and are able to be best friends again. Elsa doesn't have to fear her powers, because she has her sister to thaw everything back out again.

Anna is actually the true love of Hans, and he's not cold-hearted. Kristoff ends up being Elsa's true love, and both girls find themselves able to be close sisters again, while also each having their true loves. All 4 live happily ever after!

Our Alternate Ending #2:

Kristoff ends up being Anna's true love, and Hans ends up being Elsa's true love. Each guy balances their girl out: winter to summer and vice versa (think about it: blonds with red-heads...winters with summers). They all balance each other out, and with the help of her new love, Elsa is able to control her powers.

Overall:

This is definitely a movie I will be watching again and again, and will soon become part of our home collection, I'm sure. If you haven't seen it yet, you should!! If you're a fan of Disney movies, enjoyed Tangled, or just enjoy comedy and a good story, be sure to give Frozen a shot!
  25. Apr 11, 2015
    a lot of people hate or love this movie. I would not say I love but I liked it there are 4 good songs one is ok and the snowman song was bad but the song where good. the charters are good the story is good why go people hate this film.
  26. Apr 7, 2015
    Beautiful animation and a seemingly promising film at the start, but it still leaves me unsatisfied. The content of the film is especially great for children, which is probably why so many people recommend it, but I am 17 years old (and I'm a male) and the story just really took me away from my comfortable spot with cheesiness and childish setting. To be completely honest, the music wasn'tBeautiful animation and a seemingly promising film at the start, but it still leaves me unsatisfied. The content of the film is especially great for children, which is probably why so many people recommend it, but I am 17 years old (and I'm a male) and the story just really took me away from my comfortable spot with cheesiness and childish setting. To be completely honest, the music wasn't all that great either. "Let it Go" was the only song in the entire film that caught my entire attention. As for the others, they're not going to be songs that even I'll be sitting in my room alone singing under my breath. It's a really great film to have if you were very young and growing up watching it, but as for the older people, we might as well just stick with our Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid. Expand
  27. Mar 28, 2015
    I don't normally like these types of movies, but seeing all the acclaim I expected good things, but I was disappointed, with cheap attempts at humor, underdeveloped characters, and the fans that worship it, it is truly one of the most, no the most, overrated movie of all time, as for the positives, the animation looks nice, and the singing was tolerable.
  28. Mar 20, 2015
    'Frozen' is the 53rd feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios and the 7th Disney movie executive produced by John Lasseter (director of 'Toy Story' (1995) ).

The people at Disney went all out with this movie, offering beautiful animation, spectacular songs, a well-written story and more colorful characters for kids to love. 'Frozen' is a loose adaptation of Hans Christian

'Frozen' is a loose adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" in which it follows the story of a Queen named Elsa (voiced by former Broadway star Idina Menzel) who was born with the ability to freeze things and make snow appear. She has a young sister named Anna (Kristen Bell) who she accidentally zapped in the head during childhood and had to have her memory erased of her sister every having powers.

In order to protect Anna, Elsa locks herself in her bedroom and avoids any kind of contact from Anna. Anna feels like that she has done something to Elsa to cause this divide, but Elsa's anxiety and depression causes her ice powers to overwhelm her. It's clever how the people at Disney changed the Snow Queen from making everybody the victim of her powers to becoming somebody who is the victim of her own powers.

During the coronation, the gates to the castle finally open after years of being locked, Elsa is crowned the Queen of her kingdom since their parents died (typical Disney). Also, Anna meets a handsome man named Prince Hans of the Southern Isles (Santino Fontana), they plan to get married and ask for Elsa's blessing, but Elsa doesn't want anybody to live in the castle, not when she has these powers that she needs to hide, and doesn't think that Anna should marry some man she just met.

Elsa accidentally exposes her powers in front of the guests at the ceremony and they all believe that she is some sorcery villain that performs witchcraft. Kind of like the Snow Queen in the original fairy tale.

Elsa runs away in exile and it's up to Anna to bring her back and make things right. Obviously, the movie is famous for that "Let it Go" sequence, while the song is great and Idina Menzel showcases her best singing talent, the animation behind it all is stunning.

This is some of the best animation I've seen since 'Beauty and the Beast' (1991) and 'Finding Nemo' (2003), we get a lot of tracking shots, establishing shots and high-angle shots as Elsa builds her ice castle. The color palette is mostly limited to blue and white...it's ice and snow, there's not many colors to use.

On the way, Anna meets an ice salesman named Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) who agrees to help Anna find her sister and they bump into a small, talking snowman named Olaf (Josh Gad) who offers plenty of laughs thanks to his perfect timing and whispering instead of shouting his jokes.

If there's one thing that this movie does, and a lot of good animated movies do this well, is making the characters believable and make you forget that you're watching an animated movie. You forget that you're watching a bunch of drawings that have celebrity voices, these characters are arguably more real than the live-action characters from the "Transformers" sequels and the "Twilight" franchise, those characters are archetypes and are one-dimensional...but not these ones.

Walt Disney's 'Frozen' is a handsome and absorbing movie that whisks you away into its magical world, the music is great, the animation is great and the characters are great. I did not know what to expect in Disney's 53rd feature, but not an experience this magical.
  29. Mar 13, 2015
    If you don't like musicals, then this movie is not for you. I was not expecting so much singing. Though the dialogue was a bit corny and not well written, it still had a warm Disney feeling. Outstanding animation, plot, and character development.
  30. Mar 5, 2015
    This is my absolute favorite movie of all time. Beautiful animation, awesome music, and a wonderful story. A perfect movie for me. If you like Disney movies, you will love this.
  31. AGN
    Feb 24, 2015
    Frozen wasn't the cup of tea that I wanted but it was good at the least. It offers a good lesson to kids, a so-so story, and has some great characters (especially you Olaf). If your kids want to watch this movie so badly, just set them up in the living room with some snacks and the DVD/Blu-ray.

Rating: 7/10
    Grade B- Decent.
  32. Feb 19, 2015
    This movie is ok, but some parts were just horrible. The worst line: Hey we just met, let's get married. I was like "bulls***!" I was like what the crap is with this we just met let's get married business?
  33. Feb 18, 2015
    This movie deserves a 10 out of 10. No, it deserves a 11 out of 10 but metacritic doesn't allow that lol. Anyway, this movie is like, leaving this world. This movie is so beautiful that i could just watch this over and over again for the rest of my life.
  34. Feb 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first act of the movie was amazing. They introduced their characters and the song weren't just there to be there. Everything had depth and you cared about the characters and their dilemma's. Then came the second half. Nothing made sense Everything was all around the place. One minute they said something and the next they said something completely different. Olaf was a terrible character and the movie was better off without him. He makes jokes at the completely wrong times. Kristoff and Hans were useless and the movie would've been better if Elsa was the villain and they would've had a better sisterly love message. Speaking of which there was no sisterly love. Anna and Elsa barely spoke to each other throughout the whole movie. There was no character growth at all, even though there had to be. They scotch taped the villain and the message to the movie, and overall the movie just got less enjoyable as we progressed. Expand
  35. Feb 4, 2015
    I agree the storyline is unique and creative the songs had original melody and the characters had original personalities however the chink in it was that olaf is a trying hard comedian at least in my opinion...
  36. Jan 23, 2015
    An updating of the Snow Queen fairytale this is a charming Disney animation that harks back to the glory days of Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Great characterisation, with two strong female leads, and catchy songs, the only way it could be improved would be with a lot more Olaf
  37. Jan 17, 2015
    This movie is god-awful. Seriously, the songs are so frigging annoying! The storyline is stupid. The characters are bad (except Olaf). The voice acting was terrible. This movie is one of the worst Disney movies of all time. It is so overrated. Don't watch it. Watch Alvin and the Chipmunks instead.
  38. Jan 11, 2015
    If you decided not to see the film after the first trailer with Olaf the snowman, this movie's much better than you probably expected it to be! Definitely a great flick that you'll genuinely enjoy! Fantastic music and great acting help it rise to the top and become one of the greatest Disney films!
  39. Jan 4, 2015
    Wonderful story and nice music
    Can't wait to see what comes out of the short film
    Hope they can make a wonderful sequel
    For me,this is the best movie i have ever watched
  40. Jan 4, 2015
    The best Disney movie since the 80's at least. Frozen brings along a new premise, that women don't need men to live. And with (in my opinion) the best ever Disney song, I am of course referring to "Let it go" it easily grabs a 10. (Plus Elsa's pretty fit)
  41. Jan 1, 2015
    Worst movie ever. Seriously. The songs are freaking annoying, the animation is bad, the storyline is quite... stupid. Most overrated movie ever. EVER.
  42. Dec 22, 2014
    This movie is one of Disney's best films of the decade. It's funny, awesome and highly entertaining for both children and adults. There are no flaws at all, just great magical things that we never have seen before.

This film is wonderful and touching, no need to say more!

Frozen gets an 8.5/10.
  43. Dec 22, 2014
    Disney's Frozen is Fantastic,Nice Animation,cute and adorable characters combine it with an amazing soundtrack or songs that may stuck in your head for a long time! frozen has some plot holes and some nitpicks But you don't care..
  44. Dec 18, 2014
    Disney's Frozen is by far the best Disney musical film since The Lion King and The Jungle Book, it has stunning animation, great characters, good storyline but can be weak at times, great music, fantastically catchy and memorable songs and terrific voice acting, hands down. I really think that Frozen deserves a sequel later on in the future someday. The film makes Toy Story look like theDisney's Frozen is by far the best Disney musical film since The Lion King and The Jungle Book, it has stunning animation, great characters, good storyline but can be weak at times, great music, fantastically catchy and memorable songs and terrific voice acting, hands down. I really think that Frozen deserves a sequel later on in the future someday. The film makes Toy Story look like the first three Wallace and Gromit short films. The only flaws in this film are slightly weak storyline but not too bad and lack of strong villain, but Hans is the main antagonist of this film later on in the progress. Final words; Great movie, I can still watch it all over again whatever I wanted to. I gave it a 9.2/10. Expand
  45. Dec 7, 2014
    Another DISGUSTING film by Disney.
    Another DISGUSTING film by Disney.
    Prepare to let your Sanity go by listening to "Let It Go"! Prepare to listen to your kids scream these songs at you on Winter, by them screaming the song "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman" in a satanic tone. This terrible movie gave me headaches and made me want to f***ing jump off a cliff with its over the top annoying as hell actors and songs. Screw disney, I have hated them for so long! Don't watch this unless you dont give a f*ck about your mental health.
  46. Dec 6, 2014
    Started off really rocky. I didn't really like the songs, and I kept thinking that it might have been better as live action instead of CGI. Later on as the plot thickens they stop doing so many songs and I took a better liking to it. Despite being a Disney film, they didn't go to heavily on the humor, which made it work really well when they landed a joke.
  47. Dec 5, 2014
    Very good movie, greats songs and the real meaning of love. Lots of humour and excitement in a great film. The only problem is, is that some parts of the movie don't make sense. But it is still so fun to watch, and it deserves good feedback
  48. Dec 3, 2014
    This is one of those movies you have trouble with to review it.
    You know that there will be people who hate you because you give it a incredibly high score, and then you have the opposite of that.
    Frozen has really some good elements. The presentation of Frozen is just great. Everything has been made into detail and the characters look believable. Everything is very well animated. The
    This is one of those movies you have trouble with to review it.
    Frozen has really some good elements.
    The story is good but not great. I undersand that they want to create something totally new but i didn't had the feels on the ending. It could have been a good ending, but its sadly too much cliché...
    The voice acting is again great and believable. The singing voice of Idina Menzel is great and "Let it go" gave me a goosebumps moment.
    The villain is probably the worst part in this. You don't know who the villain is. I was confused at some twists, but i thought that we could get an amazing villain.
    I would give this game a solid 8/10. I know that most of the adults and kids like this movie because of the music... but i liked the movie because of its beautifull setting and great animation.
  49. Nov 30, 2014
    F this movie. No, seriously. I hate this movie, with a burning. passion! I would rather kiss my dog on the lips then proceed to wash my mouth with toilet water, than watch this movie again. The songs are intolerable, WAAAAAAYYYY too overrated,, and the YTPs and song parodies are better than the movie itself. The only thing redeeming about this movie is Olaf.
  50. Nov 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disney certainly made up for "The Princess and the Frog" with their movie Frozen, which has unforgettable songs that you can't help but sing along with, dynamic characters (especially Elsa), and a wicked plot twist in the end. "Frozen" strays off the usual "Boy Saves Girl" path and instead strolls down the "Girl Saves Girl" path. We're talking two sisters who have been isolated from each other almost their entire life. Drama galore, Right? Anyways, the songs are just magical. "Let it Go" is just over the top, and obviously deserved it's well-earned Oscar. Don't even get me started on "For the First Time in Forever: Reprise", which really shows the changing mood in the movie, and shows us basically what happens when somebody shuts another person out. Olaf the snowman is really annoying, however, which is why I gave this movie an eight out of ten, and I rather disliked "In Summer". Kristoff and Sven are cute. Oh man, I almost forgot Hans. He is a suckish piece of smelly poop! Overall, I love the movie, especially the plot twist at the end. Expand
  51. Nov 25, 2014
    Okay let me say this. This movie is a guilty pleasure to me but I will explain why. I did enjoy the movie and BUT still, there are a couple of things that bothered me while watching. I think the visuals are really stunning. It feels like they put a lot of effort, time and even magic into the graphic designs of this movie. Kristen Bell is awesome as Anna and has a wonderful singing voice. IOkay let me say this. This movie is a guilty pleasure to me but I will explain why. I did enjoy the movie and BUT still, there are a couple of things that bothered me while watching. I think the visuals are really stunning. It feels like they put a lot of effort, time and even magic into the graphic designs of this movie. Kristen Bell is awesome as Anna and has a wonderful singing voice. I think the problem I have with this movie is on the story level.
    It feels like the writers didn't quite know where to go with this movie. It has no clear direction and purpose from the start. Of course, it is difficult to have a story with two main characters so it does not really 'work' that way. Although I really LOVE Anna as a character, maybe focusing on Elsa controlling her powers would have been better. Most of the characters are well done but it takes more than good characters to make a good story and I thought this animation was an example of that.

I'm somewhat disappointed in the way they handle (or don't handle) pay-offs in this movie. Like Kristoff's obsession with ice should wind him up with Elsa, you would think... And there's the cool love song between Anna and Hans before... all of a sudden he turns out to be evil. I love a good twist in a movie but a twist should be traceable if you watch the movie again. There's absolutely no reason why Hans should have been a bad guy since Anna met him completely by accident. And she's not even the crown princess. So how do you motivate it to be premeditated foul play then? This felt a bit like lazy writing to me. "Let's make him evil all of a sudden so she can date the other guy without remorse." And why would Hans lock Elsa up if he could have killed her. He must have been planning to anyway as he always intended to become king and had no knowledge of Elsa's powers or what would happen. Why lock her up and let her escape? Why lock Anna up and tell everyone she's dead too soon. Everybody knows that's bound to lead to troubles. If one of the themes of the movie is True Love, then true love should be celebrated by cool songs, not false love. Also, there is little romantic tension between Anna and Kristoff, other than her rational consideration that he might love her because the frozen puppet tells her so (based on what actually? And what's the function of the puppet other than obvious 'comic' relief and potential for expensive children's toys?).

They want to put so many perspectives in this movie, so many stories, that they lose track of the main story. And what is the main story anyway? Is it a classic love story? Is it the story of two sisters who care about each other? Or is it about Elsa trying to manage her powers and a kingdom? I would say it's mainly about those last two and in that case, focusing on Elsa would probably have made more sense. What if she had run away and had ended up traveling with Kristoff? What if in the meanwhile, Anna, who was never meant to become queen was having trouble handling an entire kingdom with the product of a day-long relationship? That would have made an interesting story. Having some match-making trolls sing a forced relationship into being doesn't quite do the trick for me.

But hey, maybe I'm too critical. I notice a lot of people simply loved this story and that's a good thing! For me, though, there were a lot of loose ends in this story that made it difficult to really feel for the characters. If I compare this movie to Tangled, I think it doesn't match that level of storytelling by far. The story of Rapunzel was strikingly better written (even improved the original a lot), the lyrics were awesome while the songs in Frozen were rather forgettable. I noticed Alan Menken did not compose the music for Frozen only after I watched it and I thought: "Yeah, that makes sense". You have this fairy tale frozen wasteland that could have had a soundtrack like Edward Scissorhands or Narnia and yet you don't quite feel the magic. I watched Enchanted the day before, another one that remains great after many times. The music of Enchanted is witty and wonderful and the story is full of great humor and has a perfect pacing and structure. Frozen made me discover once again that great narrative build-up and Alan Menken make an unforgettable Disney movie. Without those ingredients, you get a fun Disney movie that does not even closely compare to the others when it comes to emotional impact and music. Also, I think the message this movie sends (if that is important at all) is a rather cynical one. Sure, it's great that true love is that between sisters for once (no big original surprise for me while watching). But basically it votes for love forced by shared experience and silly troll songs and states that love on first sight doesn't exist.

Still, Frozen is definitely a 'to watch' because it looks gorgeous! Although I wonder if the makers used subliminal messages or hypnosis to cause this fan hysteria. Best Disney ever? Definitely NOT for me.
  52. Nov 24, 2014
    As a 25 year old male, it's fair to say I didn't want to watch this movie in the first place. Being the sweet boyfriend I am, I did however and sadly wish I had stuck with my original instincts. There is enough there to make you keep watching, but it doesn't have any of the lure or charm of true Disney classics of old. A good round the board kids movie I suppose, but if your a grown adultAs a 25 year old male, it's fair to say I didn't want to watch this movie in the first place. Being the sweet boyfriend I am, I did however and sadly wish I had stuck with my original instincts. There is enough there to make you keep watching, but it doesn't have any of the lure or charm of true Disney classics of old. A good round the board kids movie I suppose, but if your a grown adult with no children - what the hell are you doing? Expand
  53. Nov 23, 2014
    Frozen es una película que aunque tiene buena animación, es muy infiel a la verdadera historia, por lo tanto no logra cumplir un buen estándar y deja algo que desear.
  54. Nov 17, 2014
    Frozen is Disney's best film in over a decade (excluding Pixar & Marvel releases). Initially I wasn't overly intrigued or interested in watching this film, but following the long running world wide box office success, I grew curious and decided to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised and with each and every viewing I've grown to love this film more and more. At last Disney seem toFrozen is Disney's best film in over a decade (excluding Pixar & Marvel releases). Initially I wasn't overly intrigued or interested in watching this film, but following the long running world wide box office success, I grew curious and decided to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised and with each and every viewing I've grown to love this film more and more. At last Disney seem to have found the balance of mixing the old with the new. It revives the traditional princess fairy tale but with the addition of humour, fun characters and sing along songs that will entertain both children and adults alike. The overall animation is absolutely stunning and the quality of the story telling is Disney at their best. Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2014
    Despite its conclusion which doesn't reach its potential,Frozen remains a rock solid addition to the Disney canon with a handful of memorable songs, interesting characters and a refreshing tale of love.
  56. Nov 8, 2014
    Visualmente encantadora y acompañada de espléndidas canciones sing-along. Pero, sinceramente, Frozen es algo más que visto y más que predecible. Siguiendo así, la interminable y tediosa esencia de Disney.
  57. Nov 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is a great family movie that gives the audience a witty and funny script, great sing along songs, and an unique story. Frozen differs from the typical Disney movie by making the good guy the bad guy. Overall Frozen is another great Disney classic! Expand
  58. TSW
    Oct 28, 2014
    How do people like this film?! The character for Disney standard are abysmal. The humour is gross and trashy! And Let it go isn't good, it's incredibly annoying and teaches kids nothing!
  59. Oct 27, 2014
    Amazing movie for both children and adults. It combines great characters with a great story and very catchy broadway style songs. I seriously can't understand why anyone wouldn't love this movie!
  60. Oct 14, 2014
    A bit boring and pointless, the songs were sort of annoying. Although, the voices and the animation: brilliant! I would say this is an Okay movie! A great role model for kids, too!
  61. Oct 12, 2014
    Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level.Frozen has surpassed the audience’s expectations of a cliché Disney movie. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee transformed the typical love story into a love between sisters. This is one of many reasons why this movie has done so well in the box offices, as well as in the eyes of the viewers. Frozen’s incorporation of memorable songs only brought this animated film to another level. Unlike most musicals, there was not an overuse of songs. In fact, they were strategically placed to evenly break up the movie. Also, it was easy to follow the plot line, without being predictable. Through out the entire movie, your interest is captured. Although Frozen had an intended audience for children, when people saw the movie it was hard not to fall in love with the characters and the message of sisterhood.

This movie revamped the term “princess” by giving us two independent and headstrong young ladies. Sisters Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel, were in conflict for a majority of the movie. By making the journey of these two princesses the main focus, Buck and Lee made the movie less about the romantic aspect between Elsa and Hans, voiced by Santino Fontana, which I think puts a refreshing spin on Disney movies. Instead of creating another movie about a princess needing a hero to rescue her, we have been given an animated film where the princess saves not only herself, but her sister and the city of Arendelle as well.

While Frozen did teach the audience about the love between sisters, it also sent out an important message about self-acceptance. Throughout the movie, Elsa struggled to come to terms with who she truly was. She was so afraid of anyone knowing the truth about her icy powers that she shut out her friends and family. Anna strived to prove to Elsa that she can conquer what she thinks is impossible. She made Elsa feel like she had someone on her side no matter what happened. This sent a very powerful message to the audience, especially for children at an impressionable age; everyone should learn to accept who they truly are because to live a life in hiding is not a good one.

People of any age could enjoy Frozen. The intended audience for this film was for children, but many teenagers and adults have found this move in their hearts. For the children in the audience, Frozen was a magical movie with fun songs to sing along to and clumsy characters, like Olaf, to laugh at. This movie also taped into the older generations’ childhood and their love for Disney movies. Anyone who loved Disney movies as a child could have seen this movie and been brought back to that time in their life. As for the adults with children, it was hard not to love a movie that taught the importance of family and self-acceptance.

Major criticism for this movie was that the songs were not inspiring and did not leave a memorable impression. I disagree. I found that the songs were catchy, fun, and easy to sing along to. The songs varied in topics, moods, and messages. Some songs rhymed, others did not, but all contained remarkable lyrics. With such a wide variety, at least one song could of found its way stuck inside someone’s head. Going beyond what the songs were about, the placement of these songs played a huge role in the success of them. Each song was carefully placed in order to break up key moments in the movie. Without any of these memorable songs, especially “Let It Go” by Idina Menzel, this movie would not have reached it’s full potential.

Another major criticism for this movie was that Olaf, the talking snowman voiced by Josh Grad, was an extraneous character and did not add to the plot and was therefor useless. Olaf’s role in the movie was very legitimate and necessary. When Anna first came across Olaf, she was looking for her sister in the mountains. Since Olaf was a native of the land, he helped her find the way. For the rest of the movie he was her friend and helped her save Arendelle. He was no more important that Rajah for Jasmine or Flounder for Ariel; they were characters that became the princess’ companion and helped guide them along. Olaf also added a humorous element to the movie; he was by far the most comical character and brought a necessary element that none of the other characters could provide- innocence. He was childish at heart, and therefor had a major impact in the mood of the story. Whenever something started to become too serious, Olaf jumped in and automatically brought the story back to what the audience can relate to. Without Olaf, the movie would of felt very incomplete.

Overall, the directors and the voices behind the characters did a great job with this Disney film. The fact that this was a non-traditional princess movie is what set it apart from the rest. This movie can bring a smile to anyone’s face, regardless of age. Frozen had all of the qualities of a 5-star movie: catchy songs, powerful messages, and personable characters.
  62. Oct 12, 2014
    This thing is a muddled mess with no cohesive plot, and a collection of overall likable but forgettable characters, and some catchy songs. But if you're looking for a descent animated film hit up Wreck It Ralph. However, if you just need something to keep your kids quiet so you and your spouse can drink a bottle of wine and share some alone time, this movie is for you.
  63. Oct 9, 2014
    I watched this movie after hearing so much hype about it. I went into it honestly not expecting it to live up to the hype, because a lot of the times, something hyped up that much fails my expectations.

The animation is spot on of course. The storyline was pretty good. It never really gives any explanation as to why Elsa has her powers which is a bit of a let down. Maybe in a sequel?

The characters are well written, especially Olaf and Sven, my two personal favorites. I had a lot of laughs from those two.

The only gripe I had was the singing in the first half of the movie. It was over kill. I get that the movie was trying to be like the Disney titles of old, but beating us over the head with "Hey, we got songs in this movie!" was ridiculous. Thankfully after the titular "Let It Go" which was the best song in the film, the songs died way down for the very serious second half of the movie.

All in all, it was enjoyable!
  64. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen é um filme bom, criativo, chamativo e sucesso de bilheteria, mas eu pensei que seria melhor. Tem algumas coisas interessantes, como Olaf, mas o tempo de duração de Frozen é longuíssimo, fato ruim. E a Elsa não é o protagonista? Como assim? Expand
  65. Sep 29, 2014
    While I do think that, in my opinion, "Wreck-It-Ralph" is a bit of a better film, "Frozen" is still a very great film to watch because of its wonderful story, great characters, fantastic animation, and great songs.
  66. Sep 21, 2014
    not bad, may be good enough to produce a blockbuster. but nothing great or extraordinary. over-rated frankly speaking.
    And seriously this wins Academy Award over 'The Wind Rises'. Oscar has just became a joke with this.

Typical disney princess story. The ost 'Let it go' was good though. I would give it 5 or 6 out of 10. [5-6/10]
  67. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is going to end up as one of Disney's movies that's really big for a good while it first comes out...then it will disappear into obscurity. Once the Let It Go flames die out it will too. Of course with that I will say it's not the worst of the worst, but it's not grand either. It's actually soooooo bad in the beginning that it's painfully bad. The first 20 minutes of the movie made me want to die a death so bad that Diablo himself can come and skip rope with my god damned intestines then make me suffer those beginning 20 minutes again.

The only way Frozen got a 4 is that at least (when everyone is singing like morons and generally out of tune) it's at least enjoyable. Anna isn't enjoyable though...ever...ever...never. She is full of derp. Of course suffering through her complete inability to use her brain there is something under the surface of the ice.

The story is at least intriguing. Given I don't see why you'd force your child to hide her super awesome ice control abilities. Especially when the rest of the kingdom seems completely fine with it by the end of the film. (No freaking clue there.) Also it did get hit by the generic Disney story of..."Ey, yo!! Yo parents done died foo'!!" Which of course leads into exposition, which then leads into fourteen more pointless songs from people who can't sing and this is what drags down any fun you can have with Frozen. As stated before however...when everyone shuts the **** up, the story moves on and the movie feels fun. Until the next song.

The songs in this movie suck. All of them...end of this segment.

The characters are all derpy idiots, the worst being Anna by far. I'm most assured she just recently learned how to breath through her mouth as previously she did not breath at all. The lame, generic, bad guy prince that Disney has been shoveling out like it's going out of style is just that. Lame...annnnd generic. Sven and his reindeer sex partner are also...pretty derp. Sven is less derpy then Anna and Prince Whatshisface but not by much. The only characters I honestly liked were Elza and the damned snowman. I liked...the stupid talking snowman more then the humans. That's pretty bad. There is a reason for this however.

It is, to me, near impossible to ever get connected to a character who can only speak...IN SONG!!! Therefore since the snowman has 1 song, and the rest of the time is him being funny, I kinda like him. I think I only like Elza for cool character design and the fact that Let It Go was in fact the best song in the entire movie, and it's not even that amazing of a song. The characters are near impossible to make any sort of human connection to.

In the end when everyone is not singing terrible songs and being cliche as **** it's enjoyable. When they're doing what was previously stated, it's agonizing. Sadly most of the time they're being the former which just leaves for one big let down. Therefore I think for this movie we should just...let it go. (Punny...I know.)
  68. Sep 5, 2014
    I didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie itsI didn't believe the hype this was probably the most praised movie I've ever seen and amazingly it wasn't disappointing I loved the characters and the music that there's a lot of in this movie the story wasn't anything new but then again everything new has already been done it managed to have a completely unexpected twist which did surprise me and as for the animation of this movie its probably the best I've ever seen this movie would be worth watching just to see how visually impressive it is Elsa is probably the prettiest of all the Disney princesses and the most unique making her my favorite of the Disney female characters overall Frozen is my favorite animated film and gets a very rare 10. Expand
  69. Sep 4, 2014
    Good points about this title is the indepth character design paired with a massive 64 multiplayer experience.
    However there are weak points such as the stale singleplayer and a badly optimised graphics engine that requires the best hardware to run.
    Overall 9/10 great multiplayer experience.
  70. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Frozen is the biggest-earning animated film of all time. It is full of excellent songs, great animation, and a plot more mature than the usual family flick. Put simply, it is honest, enjoyable, and beautiful to watch. But it falls short of its highly regarded reputation in quite a few areas.
    You can really sense the effort that the filmmakers at Disney have put into this movie, however it doesn't always seem like they've focused it in the right areas. Frozen is frankly better at starting plot and character arcs than it is at tying up all the loose ends left over. The characters seem more distant and less involving than those of past Disney hits. And for a movie called "the most feminist and progressive", the more major of the two heroines (Anna) spends a lot of time relying on the men to help her.
    But Frozen is by no means a bad movie. Olaf and Sven are hilarious to watch. The songs are superb, especially Let It Go. And the movie successfully challenges the old Disney formula of true love at first sight. Frozen is not the biggest or the best animated movie, but it is certainly good quality family entertainment for all.
  71. Sep 2, 2014
    Frozen has already become a winter classic--this Disney tale is much more than a children's story. To know that Frozen may never have been completed is devastating to think about.
  72. Aug 20, 2014
    People have so over rated it. It's just another movie which is easily forgettable ..!!
    Music was good(not the starting 10 min.), story was different but not great, characters were good but not well built.
    The only character i really loved in the movie is that cute little talking snowman, he was the best built character in movie..!!
    I give it 5, one extra for snowman..!!
  73. Aug 19, 2014
    Ok, so i'm 15. I play lots of games with killing in them. I get that i'm not the movies target audience. That being said, I like Disney movies. I watched that one with the little Irish girl, the one with the Indian girl, the one with the Lion. Anyway, the movie. Its ok, I guess...I mean, there isn't anything really good here. I forgot the soundtrack already, keep in mind i watched it aboutOk, so i'm 15. I play lots of games with killing in them. I get that i'm not the movies target audience. That being said, I like Disney movies. I watched that one with the little Irish girl, the one with the Indian girl, the one with the Lion. Anyway, the movie. Its ok, I guess...I mean, there isn't anything really good here. I forgot the soundtrack already, keep in mind i watched it about 12 hours ago, and well...em...the story is Disney, the voices are good...and well...meh...not good, not bad. Its kinda just...there... Expand
  74. Aug 18, 2014
    Okay so I went in with low expectations because the commercials just gave me that feeling it wasn't going to be good. Granted it did say musical so when I finally sat down to watch it I forced myself to be optimistic thinking it might be like a typical disney musical which end up good (ex: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc) but I was let down and if I could give a negative score IOkay so I went in with low expectations because the commercials just gave me that feeling it wasn't going to be good. Granted it did say musical so when I finally sat down to watch it I forced myself to be optimistic thinking it might be like a typical disney musical which end up good (ex: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc) but I was let down and if I could give a negative score I would. I have no idea how so many people like it but whatever.

Although the animation is decent (it's pixar) and the scenery is nice those are its only saving graces and it's not enough. The constant singing by people who can't sing and the songs about nothing important are grating and annoying. In the opening sequence of about 20 minutes (there are three dramatic moments in this amount of time btw) into the movie there are 4 songs and only one of them should have been there. Due to being annoyed I can't find myself able to care about the characters and although I ended up turning it off after 20 minutes I am going to force myself to watch it until the end. I can tell right now however that the characters will be severely under-developed due to all the singing which will prevent you from getting to know them and feel for them. As for the story.... from what I've heard it's very bland and the supporting characters that have been introduced already are forgettable....

In short, I would not recommend this movie to anyone unless they're up for a bit of torture...especially if they're a musician as the songs compared to the normal quality of Disney songs are very poor and a major step backwards. Of course the whole thing seems like a major step backwards for Disney.
  75. Aug 14, 2014
    This movie is so overrated. The pilot make me confuse. I just don't get it: how did Elsa get her power, how can the rocky -thingies talk and have magical power , why can Olaf talk. This movie is all about the music.
  76. Aug 5, 2014
    Frozen has great music,superb animation,a horrible story,horrible character stories(If there was any that is),and of course horrid Characters.Disney desperately tries to make another classic musical,succeeded on the music department,but fails in everything else.How Frozen won an Academy Award is beyond me. One thing is clear though,Frozen would of made a good Fantasia(without theFrozen has great music,superb animation,a horrible story,horrible character stories(If there was any that is),and of course horrid Characters.Disney desperately tries to make another classic musical,succeeded on the music department,but fails in everything else.How Frozen won an Academy Award is beyond me. One thing is clear though,Frozen would of made a good Fantasia(without the ridiculous story and characters that is). Expand
  77. Jul 26, 2014
    This movie is just boring i love Disney and their classic character's like Mickey Mouse Donald Duck and Goofy and the rest but this is just **** torture.
  78. Jul 26, 2014
    I love Frozen so much its the best movie ever besides wreak it ralph is my fav moie whats yours mine is wreak it ralph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye !!!
  79. Jul 22, 2014
    All I got to say, watch this movie. You will not regret it. The songs are great, the characters are great, the story is one of Disney's best and the animation in smooth and nicely styled like Pixar movies. It sure teaches little girls not to be blind about love and such. Not going to spoil anything though. And for the first time in forever, you should watch this movie.
  80. chw
    Jul 19, 2014
    Frozen was an alright children's film. It's also a musical, and I'm not to fond of them, but Frozen did have a good story, although there were too many songs.
  81. Jul 19, 2014
    Gracias a esta obra, se confirma que a Disney le gusta arruinar las historias divertidas y entretenidas de los hermanos Grim, aunque posee una buena banda sonora y animación, escuchar tantas canciones tontas fastidia, solo puedo rescatar algunas que me gustan, ya estoy arto de su Let It Go.
  82. Jul 15, 2014
    Very overrated. Sure, the animation and visuals are great; but it's not as funny as it should be (there is like only one scene when i actually laughed), the characters and plot are nothing original (love conquers and stuff like that), and most of the songs are pretty boring (i only liked the one by the trolls).

I was expecting something worthy of all the critical and commercial success

I was expecting something worthy of all the critical and commercial success this movie has enjoyed, but i didn't.
  83. Jul 12, 2014
    This is a good story that is focused on a sibling relationship first and a romance second, which I find refreshing. The two lead female characters are unique and strong (no dainty princess tripe), and the music is great. Overall, I found this to be a very good animated movie...
  84. Jul 10, 2014
    Great story, greats songs, Great characters, Great message. Great animation movie.Disney has added another classic to it`s collection of great movies.
  85. Jul 8, 2014
    By now, if you aren’t a three-year-old – in which case I would be puzzled to see you reading this –, you know what to bargain for when watching a Disney production: ravishing animations, a feel good story teaching morals, more or less fun for the whole family, but also a rather unoriginal script abounding with clichés. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee’s Frozen preserves the modus operandi, butBy now, if you aren’t a three-year-old – in which case I would be puzzled to see you reading this –, you know what to bargain for when watching a Disney production: ravishing animations, a feel good story teaching morals, more or less fun for the whole family, but also a rather unoriginal script abounding with clichés. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee’s Frozen preserves the modus operandi, but is one of the most exciting and entertaining features the film studio has forged in recent years nevertheless. Expand
  86. Jul 6, 2014
    This is probably the best Disney animated film for the last 20 years, since "The Lion King"! I must say that I'm very impressed. The songs are lovely and memorable, the music is great, the plot is interesting and quite unusual for Disney, the characters are very nice. I'm really looking forward for a sequel.
  87. Jul 4, 2014
    I do admit that Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" was powerful and amazing, but maybe it was too powerful and amazing, because after that sequence, everything seemed a little less exiting. Nevertheless, "Frozen" as a whole is still fun and entertaining, so I don't see why You shouldn't give it a try.
  88. Jun 29, 2014
    I thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since TheI thought that this was one of the best Disney movies in a long time. I think if Walt Disney came back to life Frozen would be the only thing that made him think about maybe not killing himself. Frankly, everything from Walt Disney since The Lion King has sucked ass! Meaning, The Lion King was the last good movie for a long time. Frozen is the first, at least, slightly good movie since The Lion King! Elsa and Anna were all true to there selves. It wouldn't be a the movie it was without the silly snowman, Olaf. I give this movie a 9 out of 10! Expand
  89. Jun 28, 2014
    The movie was different from what I was expecting - although at the start it felt rushed, in a sense, everything was happening too fast without much back story, later on it eventually continued in a normal pace. As a whole, the movie has a few ignorant mistakes such as constant and overwhelming musical numbers, which are fairly common. It's not that they themselves are bad in terms ofThe movie was different from what I was expecting - although at the start it felt rushed, in a sense, everything was happening too fast without much back story, later on it eventually continued in a normal pace. As a whole, the movie has a few ignorant mistakes such as constant and overwhelming musical numbers, which are fairly common. It's not that they themselves are bad in terms of quality, however their quantity easily averts attention away from the plot/scene at hand. Another let-down for me is how short the film felt. Don't get me wrong - there's enough to go on, but it still felt as if something could be something more added. People tend to dislike the film because it doesn't meet the standards of a Disney tittle, which is not in any way fair - the entire project should be considered as a whole, that is, Frozen is a wonderful film for people of all ages and will most certainly leave you misty-eyed at the end. I would definitely recommend watching it. Expand
  90. Jun 28, 2014
    Generally bad, predictable, unoriginal storyline. After the brilliance of Tangled, Frozen really disappointed me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it was over-hyped and wasn't good enough for many. However, I think that everyone who pretends to like this film is only doing it because they expected it to be better.
  91. Jun 20, 2014
    Ok first off let me get one thing straight, people really need to shut the f***k up about this movie! It's really not as "amazing" as almost everyone is making it out to be. I mean the Animation is incredible, the songs are indeed good, and the characters are likable, but people are not realizing how many problems there were with the story and plot. Was it an amazing movie?: no. Was it aOk first off let me get one thing straight, people really need to shut the f***k up about this movie! It's really not as "amazing" as almost everyone is making it out to be. I mean the Animation is incredible, the songs are indeed good, and the characters are likable, but people are not realizing how many problems there were with the story and plot. Was it an amazing movie?: no. Was it a terrible movie?: no. The most the movie really was was just "good." Expand
  92. Jun 12, 2014
    Though the animation is arguably Disney's best yet, the story falls short of its expected standard. The characters are stock and hollow with no real personality. The story is heartfelt at times but is overshadowed by the plot's lack of logic. Fun and enjoyable, but not a Disney classic despite its inexplicable box office success.
  93. Jun 10, 2014
    This film made 1.2 Billion? I'm not into musicals, so I thought hey maybe the storyline is great which is why its so popular... But no. The film has the most typical boring cliché storyline, and you know whats going to happen 30-40 mins into the film. I wasn't expecting the best storyline in the entire world on a scale of The Matrix or anything like that. But they could have done a lotThis film made 1.2 Billion? I'm not into musicals, so I thought hey maybe the storyline is great which is why its so popular... But no. The film has the most typical boring cliché storyline, and you know whats going to happen 30-40 mins into the film. I wasn't expecting the best storyline in the entire world on a scale of The Matrix or anything like that. But they could have done a lot more. Not to mention the overall animation could had been a slightly better as well.

The characters aren't interesting either, nothing really appeals to me about this film. But hey, if you like musicals then you'll love this film to death I guess.
  94. Jun 5, 2014
    to all the people that think frozen is bad. you are all very bad people. frozen is awesome...........................................................
  95. Jun 5, 2014
    Many of the movies I saw in 2013 were epic Sci-Fi adventures, with battles and stuff. Even though I saw Frozen in April (and have been obsessed with it ever since), I still count it as 2013. But anyway, the music was amazing, Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel were beautiful, and...yeah, that concludes it.

By the way, did I mention I loved Kristen Bell's performances?
  96. Jun 3, 2014
    A good but SUPER-OVERRATED movie! The story is the same as other Disney movies. Something tragic happens to their family and then they grow up to be princesses. But, the animation is top Notch and the characters, especially Olaf, are heartwarming.
  97. Jun 2, 2014
    This was a fairly average movie. The animation was beautiful, but the plot and pacing weren't quite up to snuff. However, the biggest detracting feature was probably the songs, oddly enough - there were a LOT of them, especially towards the start of the movie, but they weren't especially good by and large, with only two which were really any good. It was a very nice idea for a movie, butThis was a fairly average movie. The animation was beautiful, but the plot and pacing weren't quite up to snuff. However, the biggest detracting feature was probably the songs, oddly enough - there were a LOT of them, especially towards the start of the movie, but they weren't especially good by and large, with only two which were really any good. It was a very nice idea for a movie, but the execution just wasn't there on it, and the first half of the movie kind of dragged. Only towards the end did it really start to pick up, but the fact that I never really identified with the characters in the movie at all kept me from really enjoying the ending all that much.

Definitely not Disney's best, and I'm quite confused why people were so blown away by it - it was pretty, but nothing special. The LEGO movie, for all its silliness, was far better.
  98. Jun 1, 2014
    Frozen was definitely a cute and well made movie. The voice animations were fantastic and Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel did an incredible job as Anna and Elsa. I thought some of the spontaneous outbursts of song were a bit forced and took away from the moments a bit and I thought they could've made some of the emotional elements a bit deeper. That last part is what tends to separate PixarFrozen was definitely a cute and well made movie. The voice animations were fantastic and Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel did an incredible job as Anna and Elsa. I thought some of the spontaneous outbursts of song were a bit forced and took away from the moments a bit and I thought they could've made some of the emotional elements a bit deeper. That last part is what tends to separate Pixar from the rest of the bunch but Frozen still mostly delivered. I thought it was a bit overhyped because I don't think it's the greatest animated film ever but it's still a great film and definitely the best of the past year or two. Expand
  99. May 30, 2014
    Let It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updatesLet It Go...one of the infectious movie soundtrack since 'My Heart will Go On', of Titanic fame, buoyed this picture...the best Walt Disney animated film, outside of Pixar, since the Lion King. After more than months, it's still a hit in Japan. People will get sick of it, but it is a great film..filled with great characters, TWO princesses of all things, and great songs. It also updates the Disney formula to the modern age..the princesses are definetelly more independent, not relying on their Prince Charming to save the day. Great entertainment. Expand
  100. May 27, 2014
    Frozen is overrated, yes, but two things I've seen it's bugging some people. 1) Why would you watch a musical if you don't like musicals and then say "I didn't like it because it has many songs? I mean... Does MUSICAL says anything to you? and 2) Many people say it's a "copy" from the Lion King don't realize that if we compare all the movies the way they do, 99% of the movies ever madeFrozen is overrated, yes, but two things I've seen it's bugging some people. 1) Why would you watch a musical if you don't like musicals and then say "I didn't like it because it has many songs? I mean... Does MUSICAL says anything to you? and 2) Many people say it's a "copy" from the Lion King don't realize that if we compare all the movies the way they do, 99% of the movies ever made will be a "Copy". Please don't use that argument, it's just dumb.

Let's be critical here. I liked the movie, it's not awesome, but it's good, you can't say it isn't good or else you'll not be objective. Disney follows their predictable formula on story telling, yes, it has a nice final and different touch in message when the "charming prince" turns out to be the "bad guy" so that is new for Disney.

In characters, Elsa, it's probably one of the best characters ever created in a Disney movie (I'm talking about her as an individual character) and, as I said before, the Charming Prince being not so charming is a good addition. The characters I really dislike were the trolls, the design is just plain, they could have done something better with their story and design, I personally hated them, specially their song, it gives nothing to the storyline, the lyrics are not good, nor the composition, it's just basic.

Overall the songs are not iconic, except for the obvious two "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and "Let it Go", this last one having a great composition, you should listen to it with your best headphones to discover the greatness of this song and of course, the kinda cheesy, but empowering lyrics.

So if you like musicals and animated movies with good visual effects, watch Frozen. If you don't like musicals and Disney, just stay away from it.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 13, 2013
    The film transcends its various borrowings and occasional stumblings with a modern, exuberant spirit that draws heat from Broadway-style musical numbers and, before and after everything else, from marvelous 3-D animation
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Dec 9, 2013
    Not quite up there with "Tangled," but a solid addition to the canon. Catchy tunes will have you humming, but the hunt for the next "The Little Mermaid" continues...
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin