Frozen

6.4

1. Oct 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lacking and unrealistic in so many ways. One of my favorite parts is how the woman falls asleep with her bare hand on the metal safety bar so they can have her gorily rip it off the next day. Pockets, anyone? Or even more annoying is the fact that none of them actually put up their hood or zipped up their jacket all the way (presumably so they can film their faces), while they get frostbite on their faces. I could literally go on and on, but I'll stop here and save you frustration and time - don't watch this movie. Expand
  2. JBM
    Apr 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main reason I stayed with this movie was to know how the heck they could fill a whole movie with 3 idiots in a chair. What a dumb ass movie. (A) there are no wolves in New England and they almost never eat people. (b) their ski poles could have saved them lots of ways. They could have put one through the windshield of the vehicle that came by. They could have put the poles over the wires and slid down to the next pole. They could have banged on the metal with them over and over taking turns to send out a help signal. (C) they could have made a human chain from the lift with the lowest person dropping and the other two climbing back up and that person could have run for help. (D) they could have made a rope by tying their clothes together. (D) one of the boys could have gone hand over hand back to the pole with the ladder early in the evening before everything got frozen over. By the end of this movie, I was cheering for the wolves. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2010
    Resorts do not just turn of the lights and go home. All resorts do grooming at night. There would buy guys on sleds and cats all night. Also I never heard of a weekend only resort. Everything about this mountain has flaws.
  4. Oct 24, 2010
    Frozen-
    Frozen-
    It left me feeling 'cold' (I'm so sorry). Maybe it's because I've actually been mountain skiing before and I could pick out all of the gaping flaws with the writing, but the entire film just seemed stupid - it was a stupid premise, with monumentally stupid characters and lots of incredibly stupid coincidences, tied together by a few badly made events that serve no real relevance to the overall plot. Some reviewers of the film may say it will leave you thinking 'what would you have done?' - they have obviously never been skiing, or even have any common sense. Anyone with common sense would have taken a mobile phone up with them. Boom. Problem solved. No problems, no deaths. Even if this film was set in 1950 before mobile phones, who it their right mind would think 'Ooh! Let's go skiing when the man has told us about the severe weather and is about to close up, and let's take our ski gloves off for a cigarette while we're at it, while there's a snowstorm! Let's especially do this with a non-Skier with us! This all seems like a GREAT idea!'

I'm afraid this doesn't even deserve to be classified as a Z-movie. Avoid at all costs.
  5. Jan 12, 2011
    Spoilers within:

Losey, boring movie.
    Bad acting, stupid ongoing dribble/dialogue and an utterly ridiculous premise. -man eating wolves (nope, wolves do not eat living humans). -a two inch cable that's razor sharp (uh, piano wire is razor sharp, not salami sized cable)
    Could have been interesting had it been well-written, and the least bit realistic.
  6. Nov 25, 2014
    No, not that Frozen, however this Frozen was also critically acclaimed, as one of the best Horror films of 2010. After seeing that it begs the question, were we watching the same movie? 2010's Frozen takes place at a ski resort, where three very unlucky skiers are stranded on a chair lift. Somehow, none of the cameras picked them up and none of the employees at the ski resort realizedNo, not that Frozen, however this Frozen was also critically acclaimed, as one of the best Horror films of 2010. After seeing that it begs the question, were we watching the same movie? 2010's Frozen takes place at a ski resort, where three very unlucky skiers are stranded on a chair lift. Somehow, none of the cameras picked them up and none of the employees at the ski resort realized there were people stuck on their insanely high chair lift. There really isn't a whole lot you can do in a setting like this, so pretty much everything you'd expect to happen, does happen, with little in between. The setting is creepy and I'm sure that getting stuck on a ski lift is someone's worst nightmare, but a whole film just based on that? After the character introductions, this film turns into an hour of talking, with the occasional really bad idea thrown in, and that's it. The Following's Shawn Ashmore stars and he was alright, it's really hard to judge a performance when all the people do is sit in a chair and talk. I honestly don't know what the critics liked about this film and what prompted them to give it such a high rating, because unless you like watching people sitting around in a chair and talking, this film really has nothing going for it. Frozen is painfully slow and worse than that, it's predictable. If I haven't learned by now to ignore my fellow critics and just watch the films that interest me, I probably never will, but please take it from me, Frozen is a film that you can absolutely do without. Expand

1. Frozen delivers enough thrills and gory chills to satisfy the horror film crowd, but is not written, directed or acted well enough to be a first-rate thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Don't be surprised if the movie's most wince-inducing moments come not from the "disturbing images" (as the MPAA describes the sight of a leg bone sticking six inches out of one character's ski pants) but rather of the bad acting and worse dialogue.
    Green also can't maintain the suspension of disbelief necessary as we watch three charmlessly written characters bicker and attempt inane ideas. It's one thing to be scared with them, and quite another to feel trapped with them.