7.4

1. Aug 27, 2010
    Michael Haneke gets his point across, but has to sacrifice all semblance of entertainment to do so. It's a shame because there was a lot of talent behind this film.
  2. Mar 13, 2011
    ... its not enough to make a movie mix every kind of violence possible and find that - because violence tends to be shocking - the movie itself will have some impact ...

the plot of this film is an empty sequence. No point is madeâ
  3. Apr 5, 2011
    Haneke's attempt at creating "unbearable cinema" ultimately failed with this film, in my opinion. I found it quite boring because it is overly focused at trying to provoke emotions from the audience and in doing so lost all meaning. There was no plot, no build up, nothing. I quicker recommend that one watched paint dry before I recommend this film for anyone.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Mar 20, 2013
    The film is merciless in its depiction of death and suffering, Pitt and Corbet are perfectly cast, and Watts, who also served as executive producer, gives a disturbingly raw performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Mar 19, 2013
    Brutal, sadistic yet well-made statement about how violence is portrayed in media and our reaction to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Mar 19, 2013
    In the end, the difference between "Funny Games" and Hollywood schlock horror may only be a matter of breeding. Funny Games is "Saw IV" with a PhD.