6.4

1. Nov 26, 2011
    It was pretty terrible. The movie hasnt all the funny and while the acting was good, It never was interesting. Also the insanely long run time drags the film on long then what it should have ended it. I didnt like it all.
  2. Mar 7, 2011
    Wow this movie was terrible, don't let the name fool you it's not funny, it's not even entertaining, a huge let down for fans of Adam Sandler, an absolutely terrible movie.
  3. Dec 31, 2011
    This was the worst "comedy" I have ever seen. First of all, Apatow should stay the heck out of drama from now on. Second, Sandler sucks as a dramatic comedy actor (history has shown us this plenty of times before). I expected it to be good but the entire film was simply trash that I had to suffer through 2 hours of because my family sadly paid money to rent it.
  4. Aug 19, 2012
    This movie may be called 'Funny People' but it is anything but funny. I have always been a big fan of Adam Sandler and with the cast that this film has I was expecting a lot more from it. I'd go so far as to say I would never watch it again. Life is precious, don't waste it watching this.

1. Gets old fast.
    It's the work of a major talent. Apatow scores by crafting the film equivalent of a stand-up routine that encompasses the joy, pain, anger, loneliness and aching doubt that go into making an audience laugh.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Apatow answers to no one. His worst enemy as a director is his unwillingness to linger in the dark places from which his comedy springs.