8.3

1. JoshH.
    Oct 4, 2006
    This is one of my all time favorite movies.
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    "By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!" After the dissapointments into the Star Trek franchise that were Voyager, Enterprise and Nemesis, I like to think that line is suitable for all trekkies. And we were avenged, with a brilliant satire known as...Galaxy Quest! This could have turned out so rubbish, been another "Date Movie" or "Meet The Spartans". So what"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!" After the dissapointments into the Star Trek franchise that were Voyager, Enterprise and Nemesis, I like to think that line is suitable for all trekkies. And we were avenged, with a brilliant satire known as...Galaxy Quest! This could have turned out so rubbish, been another "Date Movie" or "Meet The Spartans". So what happened? It had good writers, who knew to spoof Star Trek whilst keeping respect for the series and the fans. The actors play their roles brilliantly, from Allen's Shatner-esque role (complete with the attitude) to Rickman's self-hating take on Mr Spock. Sam Rockwell has a good turn also, as the terrified once-redshirt, humourously awaiting his end. The great references to original Trek ("There goes the shirt again") really make this a must see for all Star Trek fans. The battle of Jason Nesmith VS The Rock Monster had an "Amok Time" feel to it The idea is bonkers, stars of space-set TV show taken to space by aliens who believe the TV show was real. And it works, providing laughs all throughout. It also provides heart, like when Quellek is killed. There should not be a dry eye in the house when Lazarus recites his catchphrase for his dying ally. I rate this as a must see, especially for Trek fans. Expand
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    Galaxy Quest is a 1999 film directed by Dean Parisot. The story is about a group of people protagonist of a TV series of the seventies / eighties that became a cult hit and continues to thrill fans despite past 18 years by the suspension of the series. An alien people, the thermiani, asking for help to these actors so indent with the bloody Sarris who wants to subjugate the pacific aliens,Galaxy Quest is a 1999 film directed by Dean Parisot. The story is about a group of people protagonist of a TV series of the seventies / eighties that became a cult hit and continues to thrill fans despite past 18 years by the suspension of the series. An alien people, the thermiani, asking for help to these actors so indent with the bloody Sarris who wants to subjugate the pacific aliens, believing that the adventures of the characters are real. The film is a parody of the popular TV series Star Trek, but in addition it is also a huge tribute that manages to entertain fans and not with jokes and original situations that never fall into the banal or ridiculous. Great cast. Expand
  4. Jul 7, 2013
    When i first watched it i wasn't sure. So i bought it and watched it again and again and again. Absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite films of all time. The idea is perfect and the cast were perfect.
  5. JonathanF.
    Aug 9, 2003
    "You broke the ship - you broke the bloody ship!" Alan Rickman was by far the funniest character. Apart from the Galaxy Quest extra that got killed before the first commerical. Ace!
  6. Riren
    Mar 4, 2007
    Talk about a cult classic. The digs it takes at its source material and its questionable cast make this destined to be viewed more often in college dorms than anywhere else in the world. It's the sort of movie you'll be quoting or referencing to your friends to crack them up in the hallway or diner. It might score low on a scale of high concepts or Shakespearian comedies, but Talk about a cult classic. The digs it takes at its source material and its questionable cast make this destined to be viewed more often in college dorms than anywhere else in the world. It's the sort of movie you'll be quoting or referencing to your friends to crack them up in the hallway or diner. It might score low on a scale of high concepts or Shakespearian comedies, but it's nowhere below an 8 on the culty fun scale. And for the love of God, watch it with "those friends" if you've got them. If you don't have them, you might as well avoid the movie altogether. Expand
  7. StewartD.
    Feb 9, 2001
    A great no brainer movie. Just sit down and enjoy
  8. MarcJ
    May 3, 2010
    Hilarious movie. One of my all time favorites.
  9. MurgatroydK.
    Oct 18, 2002
    "In this space epic, no-one will hear you laugh." Oh, very clever. Sod off, Time Magazine. And could TNT miss the point by more? Go on, I dare you. Us nerds are quite capable of laughing at ourselves, thank you very much. Which we will, many times, upon viewing this movie.
  10. SarahJaneB.
    Jun 25, 2002
    Good acting. good storyline. alan rickman acted at his best yet again.
  11. RickJ.G.
    Sep 29, 2002
    A great satire. The funniest moment for me has to be when Allen's character finally breaks it to the aliens that the crew from "Galaxy Quest" are actors.
  12. OwenC.
    Nov 4, 2004
    I hate spoofs and only saw this because I was stuck in a snow storm - but I found it was really great on many levels. Even a friend who hates SciFi, laughed his head off!
  13. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    What a satisfying little show. The best of its kind.
  14. NickH
    Sep 4, 2005
    Perhaps one of the most underappreciated movies of all time. Really funny, a great send up of Sci-Fi television.
  15. WilliamA.
    Mar 23, 2004
    It really is a great movie.
  16. CQXie
    May 31, 2005
    It's a fun, good natured movie, with a cast clearly enjoying themselves, nicely-done (and not over the op) special effects, and a funny, engaging story that is wonderfully consistent within itself. Very satisfying movie for the family (even my 15-year-old daughter and 8-yer-old son loved it).
  17. kitty
    Jul 6, 2008
    This is one of my all time favorite movies, it is hilarious and a pretty original story. Overall no complaints.
  18. EricT.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Very underrated film. A hilarious premise supported by pitch-perfect performances from the entire cast (Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Sam Rockwell, among many others). It's beautifully shot, has great special effects, full of great lines and laugh out loud situations. One of the most rewatchable movies of all time.
  19. JoeyK.
    Dec 15, 2006
    This really is a fantastic movie. It is brilliant and laugh out loud throughout the whole thing, and there is really nothing to complain about.
  20. Feb 24, 2015
    A perfect picture of what a parody/satire movie should look like...It never milks a joke to the point where it is tired and boring, but instead keeps serving fresh and funny jokes and characters.

Funny without being flip.
  2. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    "Trek"-heads will laugh hardest, but there are plenty of yuks for the uninitiated as well.
  3. Overall it's what it aspires to be--a pleasant time-waster.