5.4

1. Apr 6, 2013
    I gave Gamer a second chance because I thought I gave up on it too soon when it came out. The camera angles are horrible, the acting is amateuristic and the premise is ludacris. Pun intended. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be social commentary or just gratuitous violence and nudity for the sake of violence and nudity but even if it were to be the former (or the latter, for that matter) it just isn't interesting enough to keep watching as it's just immature and an assault on the senses with its horribly drab colour scheme and flashy camera action. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    this movie have a huge lack of imagination and the result was a horrible movie with an awful picture and acting wasn't in the place and Gerard Butler to go from 300 to this movie is just plain wrong. after all it seems like a gamer wanted to make a successful movie but his imagination betrayed him.
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    I got two words for Gerald Butler: GAME OVER. As good as "300" goes, the next time he'll be facing is a computer virus and he wished if he's the one getting trapped in a video game for a very long time. It's not a video game adapted movie, but a terrible movie that it is a video game.
  4. Aug 14, 2012
    Yet another interesting and promising concept got wasted on a lazy mess of a movie that really doesn't have anything good going for it. The violence is pretty strong, but I could care less about action and brutality when I don't care about the story or characters at all.
  5. Jul 14, 2012
    Gamer is the biggest insult to gamers since the Super Mario Bros movie. It assumes we're all ultra-violence loving COD fanatics who get our jollies watching other people get eviscerated... And even if a few of us are like that, we still demand much, much better quality entertainment than this stinking pile of B-movie toss. If you're interested in this because of the title, avoid completely and watch Scott Pilgrim vs. the World instead. Expand
  6. Jan 4, 2012
    Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I wish everyday that I could get those two hours of my life back to do something more productive then watching this awful, awful movie. It made no sense, the premise was dull, the acting terrible, and the action scenes were awful. This is by far the worst Gerard Butler film I have seen and definitely in the top 10 (getting into the top 5) of the worst movies I have ever seen. Expand
  7. Dec 9, 2011
    Great concept but bad realization. It's damn boring. I can't mention a good part of it. Nobody is recommended to watch this. Avoid it, it's a waste of time.
  8. Oct 15, 2011
    One of the worst movies of all time, don't watch this at all, the plot and characters are awful, the action scenes suck, and it just an awful movie all around, there is nothing good about it at all, avoid at all costs.
  9. Sep 28, 2011
    "The Gamer" is a game you will NEVER want to play, especially with Gerald Butler starring in it.
  10. Oct 22, 2010
    I am sure this would a great film if you were Stevie Wonder. Actually that isn't true because you would still need to listen to the actors and the really bad script. It is like the writers watched The Running Man and decided it would be cool to mix it with Facebook and a FPS. I hope the writers now work in McDonalds or milk goats for a living. Go watch American Ninja instead

1. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    The audience gets played in Gamer. This latest eye-scraper from writer-directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor is as hopped up as their "Crank" pics, but with dour Gerard Butler as a soldier commandeered by a teenage gamer, it's considerably less interactive.
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Modell
    The trouble with Gamer is that it’s weird, but not weird enough for the long haul.
  3. What the movie needs more than anything else is a fast-forward button.