5.7

1. AndrewM.
    Jan 20, 2010
    Terrible. just terrible. and it gave me a migraine, with all the strobing and odd, jerky camera movements and switches. Maybe worse than Crank 2
  2. AlfonsoC.
    Sep 6, 2009
    The worst film I've ever seen.
  3. RyanS
    Jan 20, 2010
    Big, dumb, and boring. A bunch of bad ideas about video games of the future taking concepts from video games of today.
  4. Michael
    Sep 10, 2009
    This was the worst movie I have ever seen. PS-I am an old man and have seen lots of movies. PPS-Popcorn was OK.
  5. BlakeR.
    Sep 4, 2009
    Literally the worst movie I've ever seen. A confusing mixed bag of things the movie was obviously trying to appeal to the public. Tits, violence, pointless language, terrible dialogue. I mean really...no wonder the theater was empty on opening night. Don't waste your money.
  6. Jan 4, 2012
    Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I wish everyday that I could get those two hours of my life back to do something more productive then watching this awful, awful movie. It made no sense, the premise was dull, the acting terrible, and the action scenes were awful. This is by far the worst Gerard Butler film I have seen and definitely in the top 10Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I wish everyday that I could get those two hours of my life back to do something more productive then watching this awful, awful movie. It made no sense, the premise was dull, the acting terrible, and the action scenes were awful. This is by far the worst Gerard Butler film I have seen and definitely in the top 10 (getting into the top 5) of the worst movies I have ever seen. Expand
  7. Philip
    Nov 15, 2009
    Avoid! It's sad that a movie like this was even conceived, not to mention funded and actually produced.
  8. rb
    Sep 8, 2009
    This was one of the worst movies I have seen. The movie was watchable until we saw the guy behind the avatar...he was wierd perverted and those scenes just ruined the movie.
  9. FraserV.
    Sep 4, 2009
    This is without a doubt one of the worst movies I've seen so far this year. Acting, Script/Story, Editing....all less than 'B' movie quality. Take a pass unless you're a 15 year old nOOb, hopped up on to much Pepsi.
  10. Kenny
    Nov 4, 2009
    It was a matter of time before someone were to have this story which is not original, to be honest, but I have a little message to give to Butler: "Let it before you upload your career. Gerard Butler is a good actor, but making these films is auto catalloge collapses and the public began to mold himself into this kind of action movies and honestly I think this man can reach more. The It was a matter of time before someone were to have this story which is not original, to be honest, but I have a little message to give to Butler: "Let it before you upload your career. Gerard Butler is a good actor, but making these films is auto catalloge collapses and the public began to mold himself into this kind of action movies and honestly I think this man can reach more. The story is stupid, his characters come and go will die, resurrect, they put them out, they bore me. The script is awful and the dialogues are to be tortured, because they intend to put a sentence at all times. "Gamer" is a waste of time. Expand
  11. OliverW
    Nov 8, 2009
    As a teen gamer, you'd imagine that this movie would be perfect for me! Sadly, everybody seems to assume that every male teen is a horny sex maniac who will disregard an utter lack of story and terrible acting just to see some tits and guns. Reviewers, please don't try and speak for the audience that you think this is intended for when you obviously don't understand them.
  12. Oct 22, 2010
    I am sure this would a great film if you were Stevie Wonder. Actually that isn't true because you would still need to listen to the actors and the really bad script. It is like the writers watched The Running Man and decided it would be cool to mix it with Facebook and a FPS. I hope the writers now work in McDonalds or milk goats for a living. Go watch American Ninja instead
  13. Oct 15, 2011
    One of the worst movies of all time, don't watch this at all, the plot and characters are awful, the action scenes suck, and it just an awful movie all around, there is nothing good about it at all, avoid at all costs.
  14. Dec 9, 2011
    Great concept but bad realization. It's damn boring. I can't mention a good part of it. Nobody is recommended to watch this. Avoid it, it's a waste of time.
  15. DustinC
    Sep 9, 2009
    Mike R. gave it a10: Its not so serious like you think And NY Times doesn't like none movie. if you're as eloquent and intellectual as this reviewer, you'll surely love this movie!
  16. AMovieCritic
    Sep 9, 2009
    Gamer; F------ One of the worst, if not THE worst, movies I've ever seen. I went in expecting a goofy good time but left feeling totally disgusted with myself for agreeing to be dragged along to see it. The concept sounds interesting on paper but (aside from a very stylishly shot, but totally pointless futuristic rave scene) the movie just looks terrible, the whole thing lacking much Gamer; F------ One of the worst, if not THE worst, movies I've ever seen. I went in expecting a goofy good time but left feeling totally disgusted with myself for agreeing to be dragged along to see it. The concept sounds interesting on paper but (aside from a very stylishly shot, but totally pointless futuristic rave scene) the movie just looks terrible, the whole thing lacking much in the way of color, the plot takes itself way too seriously and makes no sense, the violence/sexual themes are gratuitous and unnecessary, and it just grossed me out. There's one point when a huge, mentally ill killer kills two people and is contemplating stabbing to death a girl in an elevator (who is being "controlled" by an obese man in a wheelchair, who is pleasuring himself to the images,) and during this scene I began to wonder what I was doing in this terrible movie. The plot felt thrown together with no sort of thought put into it, no characters are developed, no characters are likable, and half the cast is literally killed off in the blink of an eye with no sort of farewell or mention afterwards. Awful, awful movie. It's not even trashy fun like violent movies like Snakes on a Plane, this is just unpleasant. Expand
  17. ClintonR.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Its all boobs, blood, bullets and brainless. Ironically enough the only thing not "executed" in this sci-fi re-tread was the awesome concept of the script.
  18. Jul 14, 2012
    Gamer is the biggest insult to gamers since the Super Mario Bros movie. It assumes we're all ultra-violence loving COD fanatics who get our jollies watching other people get eviscerated... And even if a few of us are like that, we still demand much, much better quality entertainment than this stinking pile of B-movie toss. If you're interested in this because of the title, avoid completelyGamer is the biggest insult to gamers since the Super Mario Bros movie. It assumes we're all ultra-violence loving COD fanatics who get our jollies watching other people get eviscerated... And even if a few of us are like that, we still demand much, much better quality entertainment than this stinking pile of B-movie toss. If you're interested in this because of the title, avoid completely and watch Scott Pilgrim vs. the World instead. Expand
  19. Mar 31, 2013
    this movie have a huge lack of imagination and the result was a horrible movie with an awful picture and acting wasn't in the place and Gerard Butler to go from 300 to this movie is just plain wrong. after all it seems like a gamer wanted to make a successful movie but his imagination betrayed him.
  20. Sep 28, 2011
    "The Gamer" is a game you will NEVER want to play, especially with Gerald Butler starring in it.
  21. CodyT.
    Jan 22, 2010
    Michael C. Hall should get a slap, no, SEVERAL slaps on the wrist for this bomb. I HATE movies like this. The one movie with an absurd over the top futuristic plot that was actually decent is Minority Report. This is just...wow.
  22. EllisB
    Dec 4, 2009
    Infuriating... This movie is the iconic monument to what is currently wrong with the world. All the technicalities aside - bad camera work, incessant screen flashing and uncalled transitions; this movie depicts an anti utopia of ludicrous proportions. Lions gate studios have created another DO NOT WATCH title. Gamer promotes technophobia, defeatism and attempts to capitalize on shock Infuriating... This movie is the iconic monument to what is currently wrong with the world. All the technicalities aside - bad camera work, incessant screen flashing and uncalled transitions; this movie depicts an anti utopia of ludicrous proportions. Lions gate studios have created another DO NOT WATCH title. Gamer promotes technophobia, defeatism and attempts to capitalize on shock value, way past the appropriate amounts. This horrendous picture should be banned on the basis of obscenity. Even if you let assume all the what ifs; you will find that it will never make any logical sense. Sure it's got action, it's got drama, it's got excitement but watching this movie is like eating cherry twizzlers blended with 0 percent yogurt, and a healthy dose of number 7 recycled plastic as a whipped topping. It takes away from sci-fi; it gives bad impression about any human-technology interfacing. This movie reeks of artificial engineering by some forces interested in lowering human-wide IQ levels, it decreased my attention span by 10%; while watching this movie, I have lost 134,586 brain cells; anybody pregnant would instantly give premature birth after watching this atrocity. Please note the trend of all filmmakers to fill the logical voids with irrelevant conversation during which the camera view will shift at least 70 times. It is NOT OK for me to watch something which makes no sense, why would anybody do that? Starring at the wall is better for our psyche than to look at this crap. Would everybody please stand up and say that no matter how much or how little money is spent on a film, what really matters is the ingenuity of the story and the essential soul of the motion picture. Gamer has no soul, no intrigue, it is meant to play with your basic feelings; but at the end you feel like you got raped. Expand
  23. EliJ.
    Sep 11, 2009
    The first hint that this movie was going to be horrible was the fact that the plot is pretty much taken straight from death race, but spiced up a bit of coarse. So i wasn't surprised in the least that the movie was horrible when i saw it. Just the fact that the 80's are over and there are still completely awful and worthless movies being made kills me a little inside.
  24. Nov 18, 2012
    I got two words for Gerald Butler: GAME OVER. As good as "300" goes, the next time he'll be facing is a computer virus and he wished if he's the one getting trapped in a video game for a very long time. It's not a video game adapted movie, but a terrible movie that it is a video game.
  25. Apr 6, 2013
    I gave Gamer a second chance because I thought I gave up on it too soon when it came out. The camera angles are horrible, the acting is amateuristic and the premise is ludacris. Pun intended. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be social commentary or just gratuitous violence and nudity for the sake of violence and nudity but even if it were to be the former (or the latter, for thatI gave Gamer a second chance because I thought I gave up on it too soon when it came out. The camera angles are horrible, the acting is amateuristic and the premise is ludacris. Pun intended. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be social commentary or just gratuitous violence and nudity for the sake of violence and nudity but even if it were to be the former (or the latter, for that matter) it just isn't interesting enough to keep watching as it's just immature and an assault on the senses with its horribly drab colour scheme and flashy camera action. Expand
  26. Aug 14, 2012
    Yet another interesting and promising concept got wasted on a lazy mess of a movie that really doesn't have anything good going for it. The violence is pretty strong, but I could care less about action and brutality when I don't care about the story or characters at all.

1. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    The audience gets played in Gamer. This latest eye-scraper from writer-directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor is as hopped up as their "Crank" pics, but with dour Gerard Butler as a soldier commandeered by a teenage gamer, it's considerably less interactive.
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Modell
    The trouble with Gamer is that it’s weird, but not weird enough for the long haul.
  3. What the movie needs more than anything else is a fast-forward button.