Games People Play: New York

7.0

1. ConcernedCitizen
    Mar 17, 2004
    There are only two redeeming qualities in this movie. First, the actual premise is interesting, a fake game show that parodies reality TV. Beyond that it is crap. The story line is barely there, the actors are horrible, the crapy mini-DV is not tolerable, the interviews are boring, and on and on and on. The second redeeming quality is seeing Dani Marco fully naked.
  2. JoshH.
    Apr 1, 2004
    I didn't know much about the film going in and I'm glad I didn't. The film plays like a soft core version of survivor, candid camera, with little Dr. Phil thrown in for good measure. But what makes it pretty good entertainment is seeing the lengths actors will go to for an opportunity to be in a movie.
  3. LauraS.
    Apr 7, 2004
    Any movie with Josh Coleman showing up naked gets a high ratring in my book.

1. It isn't entirely clear if Games People Play is a spot-on but longwinded and excessively campy spoof of those TV "reality" game shows... or just a particularly ingenious and sleazy example of the genre.
    Part documentary, part parody, and part something indefinable, the film manages to succeed on its own terms and entertain on just about anyone's.
    There's no denying the freak-show appeal and you don't see frontal nudity like this on TV, but otherwise it's all as contrived and artificial as "Survivor."