Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 16, 2006
5.7
Mixed or average reviews based on 69 Ratings
WATCH NOW
GerronK.Jul 17, 2006
"A Tail Of Two Kitties" surprised me. It was actually a tolerable movie. The jokes are barely there, and the performances are all wooden, but I seemed to somewhat enjoy this comedy. Garfield moves and looks a bit better than the first movie. "A Tail Of Two Kitties" surprised me. It was actually a tolerable movie. The jokes are barely there, and the performances are all wooden, but I seemed to somewhat enjoy this comedy. Garfield moves and looks a bit better than the first movie. I won't say it was a good movie, but it was a pleasant surprise. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
oxanaAug 28, 2014
Garfield is back. But this time, in double: it just so happens that in London, there lives another fat yellow cat, called Prince, and although he doesn't hate Mondays, he is quite pampered as well.

Back home, Garfield's owner Jon is

Back home, Garfield's owner Jon is mustering the courage to ask the love of his life, Liz, to marry him. His pet cat doesn't feel like this should happen, and to aid Garfield in his quest to stop the inevitable from happening, something fortunate occurs: Liz is invited to London as a speaker.

Unfortunately Jon takes off after her to pop the question, and of course Garfield tags along - Odie in tow.

In the meanwhile, in London, Prince inherits the entire castle and estate of his late owner, and to get what is rightfully his, the late owner's closest human relative, Lord Dargis, plans on getting rid of the cat that is standing between him and his future plans for the estate.

Garfield and Prince get mixed up, of course, and neither of them is too much in their element in their new lives at first. Prince eventually falls in love with lasagna and Jon's affection for his pets, and Garfield finds that being real royalty has its perks.

The movie isn't all that funny, and especially near the end the humor is over the top, bordering to ridiculous.

Garfield and Prince stand out from the rest, being the animated cats in the middle of the real animals.

All in all the movie isn't bad, but they put a bit too much into it, especially when it comes to the animals and the chaos they create.
FranzHcriticAug 20, 2014
I recently watched it on TV, right after the first. Not as sophomoric as the first one, nor as campy, but still lacks what makes the comics funny: a brain. The parody is long dated, and lacks any satire that the comics possess. The acting isI recently watched it on TV, right after the first. Not as sophomoric as the first one, nor as campy, but still lacks what makes the comics funny: a brain. The parody is long dated, and lacks any satire that the comics possess. The acting is retarded at best. Especially Jennifer Love Hewitt. The romance is supposed to be tumultuous and funny. Instead it makes me want to s**t and vomit at the same time. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJan 18, 2016
In Garfield, all we had was a CGI Garfield and real animals. In this one, Garfield is doubled by another CGI cat that looks similar to him named Prince. If A Tail of Two Kitties can at least entertain you, then it's only best to say have funIn Garfield, all we had was a CGI Garfield and real animals. In this one, Garfield is doubled by another CGI cat that looks similar to him named Prince. If A Tail of Two Kitties can at least entertain you, then it's only best to say have fun watching this movie. Expand