6.9

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Get Him to the Greek lacks the heart of Forgetting Sarah Marshall but retains the witty style of gross-out comedy. Jonah Hill is disappointing here as he is a very talented comedian and Russell Brand has become a yoga-loving L.A. bum. He's always been such an idol to me.
  2. Oct 4, 2010
    I think what's most impressive surrounding the film is the soundtrack that was prepared for it. Russell Brand can out-sing his girl, Katy Perry in spades, while at the same time managing a hilarious act throughout the film. Unfortunately, Jonah Hill still can't make me laugh.
  3. Oct 8, 2010
    watched it on a plane last week. it was funny in places. just funny though. really liked russel brand in it and that fat guy from superbad. i enjoyed it it was good :)
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    Get Him To The Greek is a brilliant film, combining outlandish behavior, regrettably nostalgic moments, and humorous emotion. Jonah Hill and Russell Brand are a hilarious duo, complimenting each other throughout this wild crazy roller coaster ride. If you want a comedy, watch this movie.
  5. Aug 11, 2010
    Everyone has dreams some people dream of being a rock star and taking the world by storm, some people dream of being huge movie stars and have fans scream there name as they walk down the carpet to the premiere of their movie. However, for some they are just dreams and Aaron Green (Jonah Hill) is no exception you see Aaron is like most people he dreams big however, his dreams never can fully come to fruition due to his place on the totem pole of life. What Aaron wants more than anything else in the world is to be just like his rock star hero Aldous Snow(Russell Brand) he wants to live like Aldous, he wants to party like Aldous, he wants the women that Aldous can get. Essentially Aaron Green wants to be Aldous Snow and he may get his chance when he comes up with an idea for his record label to put on an anniversary concert for the rock star at the Greek theater. Hoping to meet his hero and at the same time revive the long dead rockers career bringing him back into favor with the public. Now all Aaron has to do is "Get him to the Greek.â Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2010
    Get Him to the Greek is a really,really,REALLY funny and it's one of the best comedy films of the year! Jonah Hill and Russell Brand are both friggin hilarious! The scenes are way,WAY too funny! This is another raunchy movie about Snow and Green heading to Greek Theatre at L.A. for 72 hours and they both themselves with drugs,drinking,and even more hilarity way that is mind-f@#$ed around the movie. Sean Combs is in this movie and he's really funny too and I love the way when Combs plays a executive producer. This is the sequel to Forgetting Sarah Marshall,but I prefer Sarah Marshall better,because I'm happy with both of them and this is best sequel so far that is good. But you will enjoy this f@#$ing film and you will laugh so HARD that is really funny! Expand
  7. Aug 17, 2010
    A funny movie that I enjoyed watching. Could have been a bit better but it also could have been a lot worse.
  8. Oct 4, 2010
    This movie was pretty funny throughout, although it had a couple of strange twists, but I enjoyed it and would recommend seeing it if you liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall (which this movies is a spin-off of). It was not as good or funny as Sarah Marshall though. Russell Brand was not as funny as he could have been but that was a result of the script/writing. My wife did not care for this movie and thought it was stupid, but she was also in kind of a **** mood when we saw it, plus I picked it which made it easier for her not to like! Good comedies seem to be few and far between, this one is not perfect but definitely worth seeing. Expand
  9. Oct 9, 2010
    "I'm borderline here , this movie was , well you could say funny , outrageous , and extremely crude. But some of the gross out gags went to far at times for my taste , its better than Forgetting Sarah Marshall P-Diddy gave a great comedic performance" .. B+
  10. Nov 3, 2010
    The funniest movie I have seen in years. People are inclined to compare it to Forgetting Sarah Marshall, since they're both written by Segel and feature the same rockstar character, Aldous Snow (Russel Brand), but the movies should be taken separately, as they are nothing alike. Sarah Marshall thrives because of not only its comedy, but because of its heart and charm. Get Him to The Greek is all about the laughs, and at multiple points in the movie it had me laughing uncontrollably and without stopping for more than five minutes straight. Also, not to give anything away, but after all the laughs it hit me with a surprisingly touching moment at the end. 10/10 Expand
  11. Aug 11, 2011
    I pretty enjoyed the movie, although it didn't generate a lot of laughs, it still was interesting as a whole. Russel Brand is so funny and amazing and Diddy was a pleasure surprise. I loved the scene when they all get high on Jeffrey in the apartment. The funny thing was when Jonah Hill accidentally calls his girlfriend when he had sex with the **** girl. Oh, I so love this comedy.
  12. May 10, 2011
    P Diddy's performance helps to elevate this film into watchable territory. For a comedy, Get Him to the Greek fails to deliver a great number of laughs, and also does not tell a particularly interesting story. There are some good moments in this film, usually when Diddy is on screen, yet there are a number of moments that fall flat. Nevertheless, this is a decent film, just don't go in expecting great things. Expand
  13. Jul 18, 2011
    Brand's performance is very strong here, and very likeable. Hill also gives a hilariously pitch-perfect performance as well. What I really like about the film is it's insider view of the life of a wild rockstar. It all seems so true and I found myself believing that what is depicted onscreen is probably quite similar to the real thing. Brand is also a very strong singer, and I was greatly impressed with his musical talents! Oddly enough, P. Diddy gives an excellent performance as well! Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2010
    P. Diddy was a big mistake in casting. He is a terrible actor and was painful to watch - I can't believe he had so many scenes.

The movie itself was pretty funny for the first half, but then it just got weird and stupid. Bad jokes, bad story line, and p. diddy ruined it for me.
  15. Jul 22, 2011
    this was suppose to be a commedy right? well why isnt it that funny? russel brand who isnt a bad stand up commidien and jonah hill is known to be pretty funny. yet they are out done by of all people Pdiddy who of all people i would expect to be the least funniest person to be in a commedy film . the story its self is mildly entertaining having russell brand play a washed up singer trying to make a play back into the industry and having jonah hill try to keep him in check but the commedy between the two is pretty flat . they do have a few decent funny moments but they are all out done by Pdiddy which i know if you havent seen this you are thinking thats got to a be a bunch of BS but its true , Expand
  16. Nov 6, 2010
    Don't let the fact that you may not like Russel Brand hinder you from seeing this movie. He will make you love his shtick in this film. He's hilarious.
  17. Oct 13, 2010
    I really like Jonah Hill and Russell Brand, but this movie as a complete composition wasn't as great as it could have been. I feel like the writing just didn't give them a lot to work with. There were sporadic funny parts, but overall a boring movie. Having said that, I would love to see them paired up in a movie again.
  18. Oct 30, 2010
    It resembles the movie Hangover in some ways. I love Russell Brand and his dry British cynicism. Jonah Hill is a good complement to the cast and brings some funny moments when he tries things for the first time... If you are not squeamish and you are not easily offended, you might like it too.
  19. Jul 22, 2011
    I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall so to see Jonah Hill and Russell Brand together again was something I didn't want to miss. Get Him To The Greek is on the whole a funny film. The comedy wasn't quite as funny as I perhaps thought it would be but I still love it and will watch it over and over again.
  20. Jul 22, 2011
    I watched this movie maybe a year ago and loved it. Then I watched it again today.... AND I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!! This movie is rediculously unpredictable for the first time viewer, mostly do to the improv-ious nature of the film. Most of the movie was created on the shoulders of the actors involved. That is how you know you are dealing with a great cast. A movie that can make you laugh out loud (lol) throughout on the 8th time viewing it is worth owning, which as of today, I do. Brand and Hill are such a classic duo. The antics of Brand's character Aldous Snow are beyond outrages but the way Jonah Hill's character Aaron Green deals with his antics is what makes the movie a must-see. Absolutely worth your time to check this one out! 10/10 Expand
  21. Nov 2, 2010
    A Film Review By: Sam Fragoso "Get Him To The Greek" *** Russel Brand renews his role as "Aldous Snow" from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", in the new outrageous comedy "Get Him To The Greek". Review Teamwork and chemistry. I think it's the key to most films, but in particular comedies. As you have seen the few comedies I have liked this year it had great cast's with loads of chemistry (Hot Tub Time Machine and The Other Guys).

Nicholas Stoller who directed "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is really good at balancing comedic moments and genuine romantic scenes. With that being said, "Get Him To The Greek" does what a lot of comedies do these days, which is it's funny for half of the film then towards last quarter of the the movie it gets really repetitive and drawn out.

However the last ten minutes of the movie were extremely funny and honestly most of that credit goes to Jonah Hill (Superbad and Funny People) and surprisingly P-Diddy. "Get Him To Greek" is not nearly as audacious and unforgettable as "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but it's still a good mix of slap-stick comedy and good story telling from Stoller and Segel. B for "Get Him To The Greek"
  22. Nov 10, 2010
    Very very funny, right there along the lines of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Diddy kills it, he steals the movie, w/o him it wouldn't have been nearly as good.
  23. Nov 30, 2010
    Hilarious. Battle for funniest movie of the year is between this and "Hot Tub Time Machine." If you have a personality and sense of humor, you'll love this movie. If you're in the church choir, never rolled a joint and married the girl (or guy) that took your virginity, it's not for you. Just that simple.
  24. Nov 29, 2010
    Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, and Diddy. You put all three of them into a movie and you get this hilarious and raunchy comedy. This is probably one of the good comedies of the year 2010. Talk about a bad year in movies, there is practically no good comedies these days. Comedies like Killers, Sex and the City 2, Cop Out, and Furry Vengeance all bombed in the box office and critics hated them. Although Get Him to the Greek is raunchy and full of sex jokes, it still got me laughing my ass off. I enjoyed this very much and writing a long review for a comedy like this isn't my style. Expand
  25. Nov 30, 2010
    While it was funny and it bowed into the humor of today it seemed to much. Trying to hard to be funny and being funny are to very different things. Jonah Hill and Russel Brand are very funny and do great together but i think it lacked the proper script for these two. they needed more off the script stuff to make it flow together and not so written.
  26. May 8, 2011
    The movie was alright. If I had to pick the best actor, it would be P Diddy. Jonah Hill was quite good as well and so was Russell Brand. Very good humour as well.
  27. Jan 24, 2011
    P. Diddy was the only funny thing about this movie. Rest of the movie was pretty much pointless and boring. Jonah Hill and Russell Brand were retarded as always, unfunny dull characters.
  28. Apr 17, 2011
    The trailers of this movie were so misleading as they indicated that this movie may actually be funny. Russell Brand and Jonah Hill seemed like a dynamite pair to put in a comedy film, but they are accompanied by a terrible story and a mediocre script, filled with a few funny parts. This movie should be renamed "Get Me The Hell Out Of This Cinema So That I Don't Need To Watch This Junk Anymore". Harsh, but true. Expand
  29. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    P. Diddy steals the show, Russel Brand's character wears thin fast. Where in Forgetting Sarah Marshall he's hilarious in small doses.
  30. Aug 7, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie. Russel Brand, Rose Byrne and P.Diddy make this film. Character and joke driven, this is what a light comedy should be. The plot is simple: Get Him to The Greek, everything else is free range. A riot. Can be watched multiple times and still be enjoyed. The soundtrack (that was done by the actual cast for a change) was great. Aldious Snow is larger than life and yet Russel brand is able to take this and build him into a ridiculous and yet very human and flawed character. 1 point deduction because Jonah Hill throws up too much. Expand
  31. Aug 25, 2011
    This movie is hilarious at all times and because of that, it is entertaing at all times. Russel Brand's performance is right up with his Forgetting Sarah Marshall one.
  32. Aug 27, 2011
    There's not much to analyze in Get Him to the Greek. All you need to know is that it is a very funny film, due to Russell Brand's tactic to make his ridiculous character seem like he could exist in real life. And, come to think of it, he probably did.
  33. Nov 16, 2011
    GET HIM TO THE GREEK is a good comedy film, even though there are many funny moments, I felt disappointed after I watched it.
  34. Aug 18, 2012
    Funny, exaggerated and unfair, laughs roll naturally and this film manages to make something positive from the excesses, the jokes are great and the acting is not far behind, a great option for anyone laugh.
  35. Jan 28, 2012
    Some top-notch direction and an interesting, original story help to make Get Him to the Greek more watchable than the script would allow on its own. The gags are all centred around drugs, alcohol and sex, which are mostly handled crudely; allowing for little variety, even in the many farcical situations the two leads find themselves in. The cast put up an acceptable performance, though Jonah Hill's awkward deadpan can become a little tiring. As stated, the direction is excellent -- especially for a comedy -- but the writing is just too dependent on the audience's tolerance of Brand's ego to be consistently enjoyable. Expand
  36. Nov 30, 2012
    This was actually the worst movie I've ever seen. I didn't find any of the jokes funny and in fact a lot of the jokes just made me angry. I had moderate hopes for this being the sort of sequel for "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but this movie just left me feeling angry. I sat through the whole movie thinking "This has to get better, right?" but it didn't. If you like a movie with mindless swearing and crude stupid humor then maybe you'll find this movie funny but I most certainly didn't have a good time at all. Expand
  37. Aug 25, 2012
    A very watchable film, but it just doesn't reach the heights set by its predecessor Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I also find it extremely strange that Jonah Hill plays two completely different characters in the two films. However this film does have its funny points, especially Brand who has another stormer. However Jonah Hill would perhaps be more comfortable in a similar-ish role to Brand's rather than the more serious role that he played. I think he struggled a little. Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2012
    It isn't terrible, but it needed better writing. It was hit-or-miss humor. Example: the african child bit is hilarious, the jamming drugs up one's ass in the middle of an airport is silly and sophomoric. The character played by Russel Brand is more annoying this time around. He might be best as a supporting character.
  39. Nov 7, 2012
    I keep saying it over and over, but I do because it's worth saying. Jonah Hill will do very well as an actor. I've seen him master comedy, now I'd like to see him take a shot at drama.
  40. Nov 28, 2012
    It's surprisingly good acting and worthwhile thematic elements make up for some undoubtedly awkward moments.
  41. Feb 18, 2013
    Decent comedy but at the end of the day there isn't much here that I haven't seen before from the genre or the film's main stars so it tends to blend in with the rest of them. Hill Brand are good together don't get me wrong, but both can get annoying at times as funny as they can be. Storyline was decent, but again noting special. A few good laughs here and there but nothing compared to the better works we have seen from this team before, so its good but not the best. Expand
  42. Aug 2, 2013
    I could have a few of these tracks saved on my phone. If I'm honest: I could easily brush my teeth to African child. Russell Brand is at his comic and simple best as Aldous Snow while Jonah Hill leaves something to be desired. I expected Jonah to pull material from 'Superbad' or 'Knocked Up' to shape his character but while the guy looks older he loses his comedic edge to Brand and P-Diddy. The plot isn't fantastic, nor is it expected to be. However, 'Get Him To The Greek' with its rocking soundtrack is quite enjoyable. Expand

1. What transpires gives fresh meaning to ‘sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.'
  2. Never achieves the propulsive traction and outrageous/endearing balance that made "The Hangover" such a smash this time last year.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Barring a few lapses, the gags fly by in rapid-fire fashion, and enough of them connect -- thanks in part to the amusing mix of Hill's hang-dog demeanor with Brand's lanky, relentless hedonism.