6.9

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Get Him to the Greek lacks the heart of Forgetting Sarah Marshall but retains the witty style of gross-out comedy. Jonah Hill is disappointing here as he is a very talented comedian and Russell Brand has become a yoga-loving L.A. bum. He's always been such an idol to me.
  2. Oct 10, 2010
    Get Him To The Greek is a brilliant film, combining outlandish behavior, regrettably nostalgic moments, and humorous emotion. Jonah Hill and Russell Brand are a hilarious duo, complimenting each other throughout this wild crazy roller coaster ride. If you want a comedy, watch this movie.
  3. Aug 11, 2010
    Everyone has dreams some people dream of being a rock star and taking the world by storm, some people dream of being huge movie stars and have fans scream there name as they walk down the carpet to the premiere of their movie. However, for some they are just dreams and Aaron Green (Jonah Hill) is no exception you see Aaron is like most people he dreams big however, his dreams never can fully come to fruition due to his place on the totem pole of life. What Aaron wants more than anything else in the world is to be just like his rock star hero Aldous Snow(Russell Brand) he wants to live like Aldous, he wants to party like Aldous, he wants the women that Aldous can get. Essentially Aaron Green wants to be Aldous Snow and he may get his chance when he comes up with an idea for his record label to put on an anniversary concert for the rock star at the Greek theater. Hoping to meet his hero and at the same time revive the long dead rockers career bringing him back into favor with the public. Now all Aaron has to do is "Get him to the Greek.â Expand
  4. Nov 3, 2010
    The funniest movie I have seen in years. People are inclined to compare it to Forgetting Sarah Marshall, since they're both written by Segel and feature the same rockstar character, Aldous Snow (Russel Brand), but the movies should be taken separately, as they are nothing alike. Sarah Marshall thrives because of not only its comedy, but because of its heart and charm. Get Him to The Greek is all about the laughs, and at multiple points in the movie it had me laughing uncontrollably and without stopping for more than five minutes straight. Also, not to give anything away, but after all the laughs it hit me with a surprisingly touching moment at the end. 10/10 Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2010
    Don't let the fact that you may not like Russel Brand hinder you from seeing this movie. He will make you love his shtick in this film. He's hilarious.
  6. Jul 22, 2011
    I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall so to see Jonah Hill and Russell Brand together again was something I didn't want to miss. Get Him To The Greek is on the whole a funny film. The comedy wasn't quite as funny as I perhaps thought it would be but I still love it and will watch it over and over again.
  7. Jul 22, 2011
    I watched this movie maybe a year ago and loved it. Then I watched it again today.... AND I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!! This movie is rediculously unpredictable for the first time viewer, mostly do to the improv-ious nature of the film. Most of the movie was created on the shoulders of the actors involved. That is how you know you are dealing with a great cast. A movie that can make you laugh out loud (lol) throughout on the 8th time viewing it is worth owning, which as of today, I do. Brand and Hill are such a classic duo. The antics of Brand's character Aldous Snow are beyond outrages but the way Jonah Hill's character Aaron Green deals with his antics is what makes the movie a must-see. Absolutely worth your time to check this one out! 10/10 Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2010
    Very very funny, right there along the lines of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Diddy kills it, he steals the movie, w/o him it wouldn't have been nearly as good.
  9. Nov 30, 2010
    Hilarious. Battle for funniest movie of the year is between this and "Hot Tub Time Machine." If you have a personality and sense of humor, you'll love this movie. If you're in the church choir, never rolled a joint and married the girl (or guy) that took your virginity, it's not for you. Just that simple.
  10. Aug 7, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie. Russel Brand, Rose Byrne and P.Diddy make this film. Character and joke driven, this is what a light comedy should be. The plot is simple: Get Him to The Greek, everything else is free range. A riot. Can be watched multiple times and still be enjoyed. The soundtrack (that was done by the actual cast for a change) was great. Aldious Snow is larger than life and yet Russel brand is able to take this and build him into a ridiculous and yet very human and flawed character. 1 point deduction because Jonah Hill throws up too much. Expand

1. What transpires gives fresh meaning to ‘sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.'
  2. Never achieves the propulsive traction and outrageous/endearing balance that made "The Hangover" such a smash this time last year.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Barring a few lapses, the gags fly by in rapid-fire fashion, and enough of them connect -- thanks in part to the amusing mix of Hill's hang-dog demeanor with Brand's lanky, relentless hedonism.