6.9

1. Jun 19, 2011
    This has to be the worst movie I've seen in a long time - good actors yes, but it was like watching paint dry. First of all the trailer is completely deceiving ... it's not a comedy and even Bill Murray doesn't bring much humor (and I love Bill Murray). It a drama ... a very very slow drama. Painfully slow. Go ahead and lean of the fast forward button ... you won't miss a thing.This has to be the worst movie I've seen in a long time - good actors yes, but it was like watching paint dry. First of all the trailer is completely deceiving ... it's not a comedy and even Bill Murray doesn't bring much humor (and I love Bill Murray). It a drama ... a very very slow drama. Painfully slow. Go ahead and lean of the fast forward button ... you won't miss a thing. Absolutely terrible!! Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2010
    Lots of Acting, Acting Acting. All all for naught. There's a mystery that we're teased with but when it's finally revealed the audience feels a "we sat through all that for that lame reveal!" Also, there's little pacing, the tempo of the film is completely flatlined. Well shot, well acted but adding up to a big waste of everyone's talents.

Though the story sometimes wanders into hazy, corny sentiment, its protagonist (called Felix Bush, which was apparently a nickname or alias of Breazeale's) is vivid, enigmatic and unpredictable.
    Get Low is deftly played, and it rarely mislays its ambling charm, but what a forbidding fable it could have been if the truth about Felix Bush, rather than emerging into sunlight, had slunk back into the woods.
  3. The period details - the cars, the clothes, the old storefronts along Main Street - are attentively described. But it's Duvall, spooky, sly, and sad, who makes all the props and the plot twists seem real.