Get Rich or Die Tryin'

4.9

1. 2PacGame
    Nov 11, 2005
    50 Cent is not an actor & not a RAPPER.
  2. Z
    Nov 19, 2005
    This is what you get when you let rappers touch a camera!! Go and buy a personal-sized pizza, its a much much better buy. Watch it only if its the only movie available in town, or you are a real "fanatic".
  3. LingX.
    Nov 20, 2005
    The alternative title could be "Act or DIE TRYIN' "
  4. TerranceG
    Nov 21, 2005
    Fiddy is the worst actor I have ever seen star in a movie. The studio execs who greenlighted this garbage must have been high.
  5. Savy
    Nov 11, 2005
    This is a negative movie for society. Movie promotes violence is good.
  6. Jackson
    Nov 11, 2005
    Waste of time and money.
  7. JohnB.
    Nov 10, 2005
    That was the biggest waste of my time. I also can't understand why people think they can be incredibly rude and loud in movies about rappers, I don't understand how people could be proud of such a horrible character, and no one should be surprised that someone was shot at this movie.
  8. KennethB.
    Nov 9, 2005
    50 Cent is not an actor, this movie is a charade to his career. Well i think he's over his head with himself. he's trying to win over people with this movie.
  9. NickK.
    Dec 16, 2005
    Truly dire. Should be renamed Get Rich with Bad Actin'.
  10. AlexZ.
    Jan 29, 2006
    First off: I know, I know I don't like 50 Cent that's why I'm giving it a bad rating. While this is out of the way, though I hope you noticed the sarcasm, I may be able to state my opinion on this movie. Even though I ain't a fan of him a good friend of mine is. So that day I had nothing to do and he made his best to convince me watching this movie. I went there First off: I know, I know I don't like 50 Cent that's why I'm giving it a bad rating. While this is out of the way, though I hope you noticed the sarcasm, I may be able to state my opinion on this movie. Even though I ain't a fan of him a good friend of mine is. So that day I had nothing to do and he made his best to convince me watching this movie. I went there without any prejudices because I never really cared about 50 Cent and 2Pac shown us that rappers CAN be able to act ok. Though the whole movie reminded me of a movie which my friend shown me a few weeks before and which was one of the worst I've ever seen . State Property. If you know that movie you'll understand what kind of acting and what a "deep" storyline is gonna await you. If you go there because you love his music then better listen to his CDs. All in all I have to agree with 2Pac Game. 50 Cent first made fun out of the music industry, now its the movie industry. Collapse
  11. RockstarakaCyssero
    Nov 11, 2005
    Gave it a0: Wow can this guy not act or what? What a shameless, uninspired attempt to cash in on a hot-selling music "artist." This ghetto-to-riches storyline is way too familiar, and when the lead is outacted by his medallions, well... If you want to buy this guy's songs, go for it, but if you want to watch a movie there are so many other worthwhile films in the world. This is not a Gave it a0: Wow can this guy not act or what? What a shameless, uninspired attempt to cash in on a hot-selling music "artist." This ghetto-to-riches storyline is way too familiar, and when the lead is outacted by his medallions, well... If you want to buy this guy's songs, go for it, but if you want to watch a movie there are so many other worthwhile films in the world. This is not a story someone was burning or yearning to tell, this is a bunch of managers and executives in a room trying to make money. See it for what it is and pass on this insulting attempt to make a rich man richer. DO NOT SEE THIS FILM co-sign DO NOT SEE THIS FILM. Expand
  12. TimboD
    Nov 20, 2005

Lol, no he just didn't call him Mr. Cent, lol ! The movie sux lol.
  13. RappityRapBlingHipHopYoYoGatsCristal
    Nov 8, 2005
    Wow can this guy not act or what? What a shameless, uninspired attempt to cash in on a hot-selling music "artist." This ghetto-to-riches storyline is way too familiar, and when the lead is outacted by his medallions, well... If you want to buy this guy's songs, go for it, but if you want to watch a movie there are so many other worthwhile films in the world. This is not a story Wow can this guy not act or what? What a shameless, uninspired attempt to cash in on a hot-selling music "artist." This ghetto-to-riches storyline is way too familiar, and when the lead is outacted by his medallions, well... If you want to buy this guy's songs, go for it, but if you want to watch a movie there are so many other worthwhile films in the world. This is not a story someone was burning or yearning to tell, this is a bunch of managers and executives in a room trying to make money. See it for what it is and pass on this insulting attempt to make a rich man richer. DO NOT SEE THIS FILM. Expand
  14. MartinS.
    Nov 8, 2005
    His music is decent at best, but this movie almost made me hang myself for watching it. I would rather rub myself in bloody chum and swim with sharks than go watch this so called movie again.
  15. BoydS.
    Nov 9, 2005
    How many of these "crack dealer turned rapper" movies must we endure?
  16. Chrissy
    Feb 11, 2006
    Honestly.. is it really a surprise that this movie is so terrible? The plot really only appeals to one person. And that's 50 Cent himself. The acting (especially on his part) is absolutely appauling; and there is absolutely nothing that makes this movie particularly interesting. In my opinion the only people who should go to see this movie are die-hard 50 Cent fans. However I have Honestly.. is it really a surprise that this movie is so terrible? The plot really only appeals to one person. And that's 50 Cent himself. The acting (especially on his part) is absolutely appauling; and there is absolutely nothing that makes this movie particularly interesting. In my opinion the only people who should go to see this movie are die-hard 50 Cent fans. However I have the greatest suspicion that no one who enjoys his music, will enjoy his acting quite as well. Expand
  17. JamesR.
    Oct 31, 2007
    The concept was dreadful, acting pathetic. How did this even get off the shelf?
  18. BullCent!
    Nov 14, 2005
    Cliched, dumb, and why do I want to root for him? Life is hard for everyone, but 50 cent gets to glorify his immaturity and make a movie. He still isn't a man. And worse for a movie he can't act!
  19. ToddG.
    Nov 14, 2005
    My friend bet me 20 dollars that I couldn't sit through this entire movie. Needless to say, I lost 20 dollars today. It glorifies violence in a most ungloriful way, someone should really put this 50 cents guy away. Oh look I rhymed! Now if I can get shot a few times I can star in movies like this regardless of my acting ability.
  20. 2cents
    Nov 14, 2005
    I believe 50 cent has it all wrong. He should be paying us to see his movie. And it sure as hell better be more than 50 cents.

1. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Mildly engaging but very far from being for 50 Cent what "8 Mile" was for Eminem, this lurchingly structured story of survival against the odds looks to get off to a strong start thanks to the singer's large following.
  2. For all its biographical truth, Get Rich's journey into a ghetto of hustlers, gangstas and mindless violence is all too familiar.
    Parts of Get Rich Or Die Tryin' crackle with energy, vitality, and texture, like the prison-shower fight that descends into a weird sort of slapstick farce. But 50's leaden turn drags the film down. Scenes celebrating his personal and professional triumph ring hollow, since Rich never really gets under his skin.