8.0

1. Sep 26, 2011
    Magnificent movie, one of Jarmush's best. And if you happen to be into Zen philosophy, hiphop music, and gangster flicks like me, you'll give it a 10 as well.
  2. StevenS.
    Apr 16, 2007
    Great philosophical dialogue, honorable characters, intriguing plot line among Samurai-Warriors, and was I believe Forest Whittaker's finest acting performance prior to his recent Award win. His breathtaking performance had me convinced that someday he would win an Oscar for best actor, and it all starts in the beginning. Also, props to Rza for being in this film and for producing Great philosophical dialogue, honorable characters, intriguing plot line among Samurai-Warriors, and was I believe Forest Whittaker's finest acting performance prior to his recent Award win. His breathtaking performance had me convinced that someday he would win an Oscar for best actor, and it all starts in the beginning. Also, props to Rza for being in this film and for producing such a killer soundtrack. One of the better underrated indy films I have seen, and is better than most over-produced studio films. Expand
  3. MarkK.
    Apr 27, 2001
    Go see it. Enough said.
  4. WannesD.
    Jul 9, 2002
    One of my favourite movies of all time, together with Truffaut's 'Shoot the pianist' and Godard's 'Le Week-end'.
  5. JackthePicker
    Oct 1, 2002
    Better than all the crap big budget piece of sh.t no substance f....d up actors who think their life means something.
  6. JustasM.
    Apr 8, 2002
    It tells the truth. It is good.
  7. GabhanC.
    Feb 4, 2001
    Extremely good.
  8. RicoP.
    Aug 5, 2002
    Smooth, Kewl, Classic.
  9. ClaudeL.
    Mar 19, 2003
    Like all Jarmusch movies, the caracters are so attractives. the mood of the movie is metaphysic, cool, violent and very bizarre. Another gift from Jarmusch.
  10. ReygeesR.
    Aug 23, 2003
    Ce film est une reelle turie ... je l ai touvé extraordinaire !
  11. MarkK.
    Apr 27, 2001
    Go see it. Enough said.
  12. PaulsS.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Most of Ya give 1, becaus it isnt a typical yankee movie, for those who give 10 its filosophy, which cant be understood by them who give 1. So simply it is. RZA is in the right place.
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    Nothing to say...just see and learn the samurai's lessons! sometime a real japonease samurai shows that way,in other fantastic cas a black guy shows the way out,thank you jim jarmush

A movie as laconic as its hero, Ghost Dog is nonetheless diminished by its most un-Zen-like attachment to this underlying sentimentality.
  2. It's the kind of movie you wish you had more time to absorb and could see more than once before reviewing.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Am I the only one who finds the substance of this movie repulsive?