4.5

1. Nov 13, 2014
    "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" 10 Scale Rating: 1.0 (Horrible) ...

The Good: Well, the motorcycle was cool ...

The Bad: Nicholas Cage. The dialog. The corny action. Turning a cool badguy (Blackout) into a cheesy one line machine. I didn't think it possible, but this movie was drastically worse than the first one.
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    For every Spiderman, you have your Howard The Duck. For every Guardians Of The Galaxy, you have the first Captain America (The old one!) And for every Iron Man... you get this badly done, very stupid, and very boring film. A mess, a true mess. With only one cool scene and more devils then ever, this is a very bad movie. Avoid. The. Spirit.
  3. chw
    Aug 22, 2014
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a terrible film. Direction is horrible, the script is terrible, and the story is basically pointless. Do not see this if you were a fan of the first, this movie just makes Ghost Rider look worse.
  4. Feb 17, 2014
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is the story of a man Johnny Blaze ( Nicolas Cage ), who made ​​a deal with the devil to save his father . It now lives the spirit of Ghost Rider . Johnny comes monk Moreau ( Idris Elba ) who invites him to save the boy Danny ( Fergus Riordan ) who is the son of the devil that haunts Carrigan (Johnny Whitworth) hired by the devil. The Devil plans to use theGhost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is the story of a man Johnny Blaze ( Nicolas Cage ), who made ​​a deal with the devil to save his father . It now lives the spirit of Ghost Rider . Johnny comes monk Moreau ( Idris Elba ) who invites him to save the boy Danny ( Fergus Riordan ) who is the son of the devil that haunts Carrigan (Johnny Whitworth) hired by the devil. The Devil plans to use the body of Danny for that would plunge the earth into darkness.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance incomprehensible is a continuation of the first Ghost Rider (2007) in fact almost everything but Cage is not associated with the first film . This film is sheer madness. Compared with the first part of this film seems great. Main problem of the film itself is a racer. Nicolas Cage does not like does not look as dark servants of the devil . Ghost rider darkest character Marvel comics Comics, and here there is no gloom . Also Cage during transformation in the rider constantly hamming it is only laughter .

But here's the design of the rider has changed for the better of his skull and clothes look more realistic skull hardened by fire , charred clothing . Action scenes in the film does not quite bad, but the camera work is just awful . Almost not make out what the camera is shaking all the time .

Scenario film look very silly. Very good screenwriter David C. Goyer known for his screenplay for the film Batman Begins and Blade not tried. The film is full of blunders that not only conflict with the first part , but also with themselves .

The ending made ​​very stupid and lazy. In the end Carrigan dies and gontsik devil sends back to his home in hell. It animates and Danny becomes an angel . At the end of rider rides enveloped naked flame.

Verdict
    One of the five worst films of 2012 and the worst movie comics.
    0.5/10
  5. Feb 7, 2014
    This is, quite simply, the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. No exaggeration, no hyperbole, this is literally the worst thing my eyes have ever been forced to watch in all its unholy non-glory. The writing is so unbelievably terrible, and the "acting" is even worse. First of all, Nic Cage is at his finest - and by finest, I mean he takes things way the hell over the top. NotThis is, quite simply, the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. No exaggeration, no hyperbole, this is literally the worst thing my eyes have ever been forced to watch in all its unholy non-glory. The writing is so unbelievably terrible, and the "acting" is even worse. First of all, Nic Cage is at his finest - and by finest, I mean he takes things way the hell over the top. Not emotionally, no, that would actually be kind of cool; he goes his usual over the top weirdness. To make matters worse, even when Cage is nowhere to be seen and it's the (surprisingly awesome) CGI, it gets even stranger and yet far, far lamer somehow. The highlights of Ghost Rider's evil-fighting spree include pissing fire and instead of giving people the penance stare he, I kid you not, just sort of picks them up by the throat and waggles his head back and forth in front of them for several seconds at a time. No pain, no soul-burning, no evil-slaying, he just kind of stares at them like he's trying to seduce them with his flaming eye sockets.

The writing is the worst of it though. In addition to said fire-pee and lame soul-staring, they spend the entire movie building up how much he hates the power and wants to be rid of it (despite the fact that he declared his eternal vigilance at the end of the first movie), and then immediately after he gets rid of it, he has to get his powers back because - surprise surprise - bad stuff happens when the hero stops being a hero. I know this is the formula for every superhero movie's sequel, but come on guys; there was no emotion, no build up, no nothing. At least nothing that didn't feel like the writers were shoving the characters along down their poorly written paths for no apparent reason. He goes from accepting his fate and taking vengeance on the devil to a whiny, non-emotional yet somehow over-emotional wreck who wants nothing more than to cast his badassery away, to once again donning the mantle of Ghost Rider in the span of an hour and a half movie with no real reasons ever given for ANY of his emotions.

The backup cast also brings little, if indeed anything, to the show. The characters are poorly introduced - if they even get much of an introduction at all - and most if not all of them seem incredibly lame. The entire monk society that has been protecting the vessel for a demon's eventual return to keep said return from happening is pretty much worthless at doing their jobs the second Ghost Rider becomes involved, the demon that is returning is "too weak because he's so far from hell without a proper vessel", and the rest of the enemies are pretty much normal humans, with a few exceptions later in the movie. And despite this meaning that Ghost Rider is basically the only supernatural creature... he still completely fails to come off as a badass. At least the first movie made it clear that the Ghost Rider was not to be trifled with by anyone, even the (admittedly lame) Devil himself.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was the first, and I pray only, movie I have ever wanted to walk out on in the middle of the showing. Had I not been on a date it would've surely been the first that I actually did. And to think I wondered why Stan Lee never made a cameo.
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    It's so ridiculous! And it's great! I don't follow the comics, and I have a general dislike of Cage's acting, but I actually found him tolerable in this movie(the only other movie he's marginally ok in my eyes being "Face Off"). It's not a life changing, mold-breaking piece of cinema by any means, but it's still good fun. I had my doubts after the catastrophe the first movie was, but I'mIt's so ridiculous! And it's great! I don't follow the comics, and I have a general dislike of Cage's acting, but I actually found him tolerable in this movie(the only other movie he's marginally ok in my eyes being "Face Off"). It's not a life changing, mold-breaking piece of cinema by any means, but it's still good fun. I had my doubts after the catastrophe the first movie was, but I'm glad I used my afternoon to give this version a go. Who knew insane flaming skeletons in a leather jacket could be so hot? Expand
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    Constrangedor, pior que seu antecessor da pena assistir esse desastre
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    It suffers from the same blemishes that overwhelmed the first Ghost Rider, sloppy scripting, substandard special effects, and even though it's faster and more straight to the point than the first, it has hardly improved in any other department.
  9. May 28, 2013
    Honestly, I disagree with all the rating's this film is getting. The last Ghost Rider movie was boring, this one is twice as better! Although, the plot needed more focus, same with character development. However, the Ghost Rider himself was the star of the film! He's mean, crazy, and funny in a way. Should make another one, but as a reboot, 'cause Nicholas Cage could do better than this.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    I am not sure how to react with this film, all I can say is though looking cool in some parts, it is very cheap and poorly filmed...and no viewer will understand what in the world is going on. This sequel is basically just Nicholas Cage flipping out and delivering horrible dialogue; but usually Nicholas Cage flipping out is entertaining, but now it is just downright weird. Ghost Rider:I am not sure how to react with this film, all I can say is though looking cool in some parts, it is very cheap and poorly filmed...and no viewer will understand what in the world is going on. This sequel is basically just Nicholas Cage flipping out and delivering horrible dialogue; but usually Nicholas Cage flipping out is entertaining, but now it is just downright weird. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a cheap sequel that is confusing and trashy and too strange to be fun or enjoyable...oh, and it is also a bad movie. Expand
  11. Mar 15, 2013
    The film is a mix of stupidity, incompetence and worst acting. Nicolas Cage performance is horrible. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a b******t of the worst kind.
  12. Mar 11, 2013
    THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!! IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT AVENGERS AND THE DARK KNIGHT RISES CRAP!!!!!!!! GREAT CHARACTERS,GREAT PERFORMANCES AND GREAT STORY. FINAL SCORE: 11/10
  13. Jan 31, 2013
    The accursed Ghost Rider is hired by a secret sect of religious monks in the hopes of rescuing a young boy from the devil's grasp in exchange for his soul, a battle that will rage across Eastern Europe as The Rider takes on the forces of Hell atop his fiery motorcycle! CRANK directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylorn attempt to inject the same high-energy aesthetic in to the GHOST RIDERThe accursed Ghost Rider is hired by a secret sect of religious monks in the hopes of rescuing a young boy from the devil's grasp in exchange for his soul, a battle that will rage across Eastern Europe as The Rider takes on the forces of Hell atop his fiery motorcycle! CRANK directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylorn attempt to inject the same high-energy aesthetic in to the GHOST RIDER reboot, with disastrous results. SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE comes off looking like an unscripted mess, almost as if it were shot as an amateur music video for some no-name rock group. Nicolas Cage is as awful as ever. Why even bother rebooting the series only to bring back the single worst element from the original film? SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE takes a darker approach to the material that falls more closely in line with the comics, sacrificing the kid-friendly attitude from before in lieu of the increased action and horror. Ghost Rider has received a major overhaul as well, his charred skull and blistering costume being the only welcomed changes to the character. When standing before his enemies or blazing down the highway on his hellish motorcycle, he is an awesome sight to see. The remaining effects are uneven at best, and take a dive during the ugly transformation sequences. With a pointless excuse for a plot is hard to ignore, GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE offers little more than the occasional eye-candy. Expand
  14. Jan 19, 2013
    I love "superhero" movies, so it was good. I liked the actors, and action, but it was not that great overall.When it ended, It didn`t have me asking for more.
  15. Jan 12, 2013
    A sequel that seems to be made ​​just to raise money.
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    An unbearable experience. You will literally want to rip your own eyeballs out before its over.
  17. Nov 4, 2012
    Big fan of the first Ghost Rider movie, so I was really looking forward to this one. The trailers made it look like an awesome, crazy, and over the top action movie with some hilarious moments, however the movie failed to deliver that. It seems to me like the people behind this movie couldn't decide what they wanted to do with this movie. It couldn't decide whether to be some super seriousBig fan of the first Ghost Rider movie, so I was really looking forward to this one. The trailers made it look like an awesome, crazy, and over the top action movie with some hilarious moments, however the movie failed to deliver that. It seems to me like the people behind this movie couldn't decide what they wanted to do with this movie. It couldn't decide whether to be some super serious movie, or the zany over the top, humorous movie the trailers showed. When it's trying to be serious it ends up being super boring, and when it's trying to be over the top it's like the director didn't know how to make it happen so it falls flat, and because of this the action scenes are really boring. It's got some funny moments, some intentional most not, but that's mostly do Nicolas Cage's performance, although I think most of my laughs were at his poor performance rather than genuine humor in the script. Actually just about every performance in this was poor. There are so many things wrong with this movie that I couldn't fit them all into this review, but by far the worst flaw this movie has it that at times you can see hints of a great movie in there. You'll only see them for a second, but their there and that's what makes it so sad. Even sadder is that most of the movies hints of greatness are also in the trailer. Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2012
    epic film, i swear all the critics who reviewed this must have been lobotomized, they think that cinema should be realistic, logical, and humane, which defeats the purpose, as films serve as an escape from reality, why, unless they're based on true historical events, must they conform to the laws of reality, again, it defeats the purpose, just keep this in mind the next time you seeepic film, i swear all the critics who reviewed this must have been lobotomized, they think that cinema should be realistic, logical, and humane, which defeats the purpose, as films serve as an escape from reality, why, unless they're based on true historical events, must they conform to the laws of reality, again, it defeats the purpose, just keep this in mind the next time you see someone hate a film because it's 'unrealistic' and if the whim takes you, SLAP THEM. Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2012
    Great ridiculous fun, that's all it is, no more, no less, the boring parts do overstay their welcome, and the film doesn't really end, it stops, but problems aside, it is the epitome of an insane, chaotic popcorn flick.
  20. Sep 19, 2012
    A fun, stylish, well shot film, the action is infinitely better than the first film, and it's outlandishness makes it quite enjoyable to sit through, though it does drag, it is a great time to be had, 7/10
  21. Sep 18, 2012
    Wow, people on here either love it or hate it, me, i just enjoyed it, it was rather fun in 3D, i haven't read the comics that this is apparently based on, so i can't say anything on, you know, that sort of stuff, but it was pretty cool to see a burning skeleton guy kill people with a bagger, if you feel the same way, you might get a kick out of it.
  22. Sep 18, 2012
    Phenomenal movie, everyone that doesn't like it can kiss my arse, i loved it, my friends loved it, and everyone i've talked to loves it, how is this rating so damn low???
  23. Sep 18, 2012
    watching this is an absolute blast, those who don't like this film probably haven't enjoyed some dumb fun in their lives, they really need to lighten up, i can't understand how they could criticize the special effects either, they are better than the first film by miles, i enjoy both of them because they're campy, simple action flicks, if you are the same, you probably will too (can'twatching this is an absolute blast, those who don't like this film probably haven't enjoyed some dumb fun in their lives, they really need to lighten up, i can't understand how they could criticize the special effects either, they are better than the first film by miles, i enjoy both of them because they're campy, simple action flicks, if you are the same, you probably will too (can't believe the rating either) Expand
  24. Sep 18, 2012
    Coolest movie, i've ever seen, screw everyone who doesn't like this
  25. Sep 18, 2012
    Neveldine/Taylor kick ass with this movie, i love crank, crank 2, even jonah hex, they have a crazy directional style that benifits anything they do.
  26. Sep 18, 2012
    i love this movie, i don't care what anyone else says, i f**king love it, it's more faithful to the comics than the first one, so nobody here, userwise, who says that, has any real credibility

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Feb 23, 2012
    This time out, the action is in 3-D, which amounts to a few shots of flaming motorcycle parts comin' at ya, but little else.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Feb 23, 2012
    This doesn't lack for crazy charm, particularly when Nicolas Cage (in his go-for-broke Bad Lieutenant mode) and Ciaran Hinds (playing the devil) try to out-weird each other with broad, even cartoonish performances.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Barker
    Feb 20, 2012
    The picture is still much too rickety, slapdash and surprisingly dull to qualify as a good barrel-bottom pleasure.