7.1

1. Jul 22, 2011
    ghostbusters 2 comes out 5 years after the first one did which by the way why isnt it up on metecritic for us to review? its a 10 by the way. the second one isn t near as good as the original and after 5 years its not like it was a rushed sequel like alot of movies are theese days . its still entertaining with some good humor and when i was a kid i went to see this at the movies like 4 times and loved it. but that was 22 years ago and im older i may have game it a 10 then but its a 6 now. it borrows to much it feels like from the first and the comedy isnt as funny as what the original was nor is the action which GB1 blended both so well together. still its a ok film that could have been far worse. Expand
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    I saw this movie years before seeing the first one, which is probably why I liked this sequel better than the original. Still, I love it because it was the one that made me a huge Ghostbusters fan.
  3. Jan 19, 2014
    Ghostbusters II was a movie I absolutely adored as a child. As an adult I can definitely see some cracks, especially when compared to the original. Nether-the-less, this sequel still has it's moments. Whether it's laughing out loud at an alien with a room at the Paramus Holiday Inn or getting a chill from that creepy painting, Ghostbusters II offers a lot of nostalgic good times.
  4. Jun 23, 2013
    The sequel to the mid-80's hit is just that little bit better than the first thanks to just having a little more action and laughs as well as just being a bit more updated also. Again, because its from the 80's I was late seeing it until probably the late 90's and while I liked it, it's just sitting in that average stage for me. Great to see all the main players from the first film back of course with the addition of a few newbies. Overall a decent sequel that manages to top the first, just Expand
  5. May 25, 2014
    Ghostbusters II is a good sequel but its not on the level of the first movie. Granted i still enjoy the hell out of this movie even to this day. The cast is amazing with all the main characters returning from the previous installment so that was nice. My problem with it though is that for most of the first half of the movie it felt disjointed and it seemed like there was a lack of comedy which is a shame becuase thats what makes these movies so great i know compared to the first film i barely laughed. Also Bill Murray was rarely helping out the Ghostbusters and spent most of his time with Sigourney Weaver i understand that it was about building a relationship between them but it gave off the feel that the Ghostbusters dont really even need him anymore.

Overall i give it a 7.0 If Ghostbusters III ever gets made it will be cool to see how it turns out also i would LOVE To see Rick Moranis in it.
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    II is not nearly as good or funny as the original, but little bits and pieces are amusing, especially Dana's boss that doesn't ever utter a coherent word.
  7. Jan 11, 2014
    Not a bad follow-up to the original. Though there are some typical sequel staples, like more characters, more special effects and a similar plot line, this film fares well.
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    Not nearly as good as the first film in the Ghostbusters series, but like the first still manages to capture the viewer in the strange world of the paranormal--In a comedic way.

1. Even the special effects are more to the point of the comedy than they were in the first film. For some reason, this appears to leave more room for the sort of random funny business that Mr. Murray and his friends do best, or to which they react with most aplomb.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Ghostbusters II is babyboomer silliness. Kids will find the oozing slime and ghastly, ghostly apparitions to their liking and adults will enjoy the preposterously clever dialog.
  3. Reviewed by: Desson Howe
    Everything and everyone you liked in the original are there. But GB II often seems like "Ghostbusters: The Preview Reel, Extended Mix," with its rather see-through buffet of special effects, comic bits and music-video transitions.