Glitter

4.2

1. sexybob
    May 8, 2005
    Pros: Excellent soundtrack, was a movie with a heart. Cons: "eh" acting, sloppy screenplay. Overview: A movie that might have heart and a great soundtrack, but does not quite live up to Mariah's nameplate... Its like a Hyundai with a BMW nameplate!!
  2. PaulR.
    Sep 14, 2002
    I'm amazed some of the critics were so unduly harsh with this movie..what were they expecting? An Oscar performance? Good first effort for Mariah, and some of the old music brought back fond memories. Mariah isn't there yet as an actress, but she does have potential. With some acting lessons and a better script, she could do well.
  3. RobbieC
    Dec 19, 2007
    Obviously, this is a bad movie. But it's not THAT bad. The media had a lot of fun making this out to be worse than it truly is. That's because as a culture, we enjoy putting people up on pedestals and then tearing them down, (like we're doing with Britney); that's exactly what we're doing to Mariah, though she struggles incessantly against it. This movie is like Obviously, this is a bad movie. But it's not THAT bad. The media had a lot of fun making this out to be worse than it truly is. That's because as a culture, we enjoy putting people up on pedestals and then tearing them down, (like we're doing with Britney); that's exactly what we're doing to Mariah, though she struggles incessantly against it. This movie is like any made-for-tv piece of garbage. But it's better than A Perfect Storm. So it deserves at least SOMETHING. Expand
  4. Abbyl
    Jun 29, 2007
    For someone to suggest such an extreme such as death instead of watching a movie are seriously out of their minds. No movie is too bad, including this poorly written but fairly enjoyable piece, to such an extent that one must make the decision of whether they'd rather die or watch cinema.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 23 Critics

Assure Patient, who has paranoid delusions about Jennifer Lopez being molded into the new M______ C_____, to rest easy because Lopez has never made a film as bad as Glitter.
  2. "Zis is not verking! Zee glitter cannot overpower zee artist!" That, in a sentence, sums up what is wrong with this picture.
  3. A heart-wrenching debacle from the starting gun.