7.3

Jul 6, 2006
    This movie is ridiculous
  2. BenjaminThomasS.
    May 12, 2006
    Quite frankly one of the worst films ever. Every sports cliché ever? No thank you. Horrendous acting? No, I'm alright thanks. Becker's character is bland to the point of distraction. The only good thing about this film is that is gives us another reason to laugh at good old David Beckham: his hilariously monotonal cameo, accompanied by, you guessed it, that winning smile. Quite frankly one of the worst films ever. Every sports cliché ever? No thank you. Horrendous acting? No, I'm alright thanks. Becker's character is bland to the point of distraction. The only good thing about this film is that is gives us another reason to laugh at good old David Beckham: his hilariously monotonal cameo, accompanied by, you guessed it, that winning smile. And come on, Newcastle United? Let's grow up here, they're not exactly a top club, are they? But everyone's gotta start somewhere... The script? Well... Generic doesn't quite cover it. 2 Marks for Beckham alone though! Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    Half believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have anyHalf believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have any emotional depth to it. The actors playing footballers you can see are terrible football players and the plot is as thin as paper.
    I would really not waste my time and I will not watch the second film.. Why would I? I bet I know that plot as well.

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A slickly mounted slice of can-do nonsense.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Gallo
    The appealing young man's tribulations are predictable, his triumph inevitable; while he gets respect, we get another Rocky-style dose of emotional uplift, cloaked in the usual game-day clich├ęs.
    How much viewers care about what happens in Goal! is directly proportionate to how much they care about soccer, because decent execution aside, there's an underdog fantasy movie just like this one for every sport.