7.2

1. Apr 30, 2013
    Half believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have anyHalf believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have any emotional depth to it. The actors playing footballers you can see are terrible football players and the plot is as thin as paper.
    I would really not waste my time and I will not watch the second film.. Why would I? I bet I know that plot as well.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Nice movie... charming... is nice to see how a man go too far for his dream, and to be sincere, there's not many movies of football... so, it's even better to see this well known worlwide game from another point of view, better than watch documentals the whole time... the first movie i guess trying to put us in the mind of a football player beginnings and how long and hard is the path ofNice movie... charming... is nice to see how a man go too far for his dream, and to be sincere, there's not many movies of football... so, it's even better to see this well known worlwide game from another point of view, better than watch documentals the whole time... the first movie i guess trying to put us in the mind of a football player beginnings and how long and hard is the path of glory... job well done. Intelligent and emotional. Collapse
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    I'm a massive fan of football so I loved this movie. Not exactly funny but still a great movie for football (or soccer) fans.

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A slickly mounted slice of can-do nonsense.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Gallo
    The appealing young man's tribulations are predictable, his triumph inevitable; while he gets respect, we get another Rocky-style dose of emotional uplift, cloaked in the usual game-day clich├ęs.
    How much viewers care about what happens in Goal! is directly proportionate to how much they care about soccer, because decent execution aside, there's an underdog fantasy movie just like this one for every sport.