7.3

1. May 27, 2015
    Not one of the best movies you've seen, but this film manages to keep you elgat monitor. A beautiful story .
  2. Feb 1, 2015
    The best football (soccer) movie ever made. Although the story is pretty cliche but the visuals are actually quite good. I guess it's only really enjoyable for football fans.
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    Half believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have anyHalf believable and half not. Genuinely the plot may happen to a point but I extremely doubt it would go so far. You can spot what will happen by picking up the box. It was just far too predictable that any of the tension was sucked out of the movie. The Cameo appearances are meant to be WOW moments but really they are not. I did not care. The film was pointless and really did not have any emotional depth to it. The actors playing footballers you can see are terrible football players and the plot is as thin as paper.
    I would really not waste my time and I will not watch the second film.. Why would I? I bet I know that plot as well.
  4. Jan 19, 2011
    Nice movie... charming... is nice to see how a man go too far for his dream, and to be sincere, there's not many movies of football... so, it's even better to see this well known worlwide game from another point of view, better than watch documentals the whole time... the first movie i guess trying to put us in the mind of a football player beginnings and how long and hard is the path ofNice movie... charming... is nice to see how a man go too far for his dream, and to be sincere, there's not many movies of football... so, it's even better to see this well known worlwide game from another point of view, better than watch documentals the whole time... the first movie i guess trying to put us in the mind of a football player beginnings and how long and hard is the path of glory... job well done. Intelligent and emotional. Collapse
  5. Jan 14, 2011
    I'm a massive fan of football so I loved this movie. Not exactly funny but still a great movie for football (or soccer) fans.
  6. Myles#13
    Sep 26, 2006
    A decent soccer flick. Although it's overflowing with sports-movie cliches and acting is average in most scenes, Goal! seems quite authentic (save for Munez's practice kicks) and is genuinely fun to watch. Good to see another sports scene either than the typical American football or baseball fare. If you like soccer, you'll get a kick (bad pun I know) out of Goal!.
  7. davidvillanueva
    Aug 22, 2006
    good
  8. MichaelW.
    Jul 6, 2006
    This movie is ridiculous
  9. YolyR.
    Jun 27, 2006
    I loved this movie, Kuno is a great actor I would see him in spanish Soaps and I loved him. I love soccer too its a fun sport to watch. I cant wait for Goal! 2
  10. MattD.
    Jun 6, 2006
    You cant say this soccer movie is cliche there are only 4 soccer movies out there! Victory with Pele and Stalone, The longest yard soccer remake(the Mean Machine), Kicking and screaming, and the big green. I thought this movie was amazing how it showed Santiago work his way up through the ranks of New Castle United. And no crap they didnt put him at a top club because he wasnt good enough You cant say this soccer movie is cliche there are only 4 soccer movies out there! Victory with Pele and Stalone, The longest yard soccer remake(the Mean Machine), Kicking and screaming, and the big green. I thought this movie was amazing how it showed Santiago work his way up through the ranks of New Castle United. And no crap they didnt put him at a top club because he wasnt good enough to play for a Chelsea or Man U. Just because Man United is the only soccer team u've ever heard of doesnt mean the movie should have him play there. I think its wonderful this movie is coming out around the cup and the second movie is being shot there. Ps Beckham wasnt the only player in this movie Zizou was there as well at the party scene. Try knowing something about the worlds greatest game before you post about a movie depicting it. Expand
  11. MarcD.
    May 13, 2006
    Come on, critics! This was a fun movie. Sure, it's not the most original story, but what bildungsroman is? I dug the hell out of this thing. I was definitely coming out of my seat during the game sequences, and the illegal alien commentary at the beginning was interesting without being pandering. A heartwarming flick, and a good warm-up for the World Cup this summer. I'm sure Come on, critics! This was a fun movie. Sure, it's not the most original story, but what bildungsroman is? I dug the hell out of this thing. I was definitely coming out of my seat during the game sequences, and the illegal alien commentary at the beginning was interesting without being pandering. A heartwarming flick, and a good warm-up for the World Cup this summer. I'm sure the females are gonna be happy with Kuno Becker and Anna Friel is pretty jaw dropping for the fellas. Give it a shot if you have any love for soccer. [And the preview for the documentary on the New York Cosmos looks like a winner as well, by the way] Expand
  12. BenjaminThomasS.
    May 12, 2006
    Quite frankly one of the worst films ever. Every sports cliché ever? No thank you. Horrendous acting? No, I'm alright thanks. Becker's character is bland to the point of distraction. The only good thing about this film is that is gives us another reason to laugh at good old David Beckham: his hilariously monotonal cameo, accompanied by, you guessed it, that winning smile. Quite frankly one of the worst films ever. Every sports cliché ever? No thank you. Horrendous acting? No, I'm alright thanks. Becker's character is bland to the point of distraction. The only good thing about this film is that is gives us another reason to laugh at good old David Beckham: his hilariously monotonal cameo, accompanied by, you guessed it, that winning smile. And come on, Newcastle United? Let's grow up here, they're not exactly a top club, are they? But everyone's gotta start somewhere... The script? Well... Generic doesn't quite cover it. 2 Marks for Beckham alone though! Expand
  13. PaulK.
    May 11, 2006
    Kuno Becker scores big, but this movie was too long. Trimming 30 minutes off would solve a lot of the redundancy in the plot and get this moving.

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A slickly mounted slice of can-do nonsense.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Gallo
    The appealing young man's tribulations are predictable, his triumph inevitable; while he gets respect, we get another Rocky-style dose of emotional uplift, cloaked in the usual game-day clich├ęs.
    How much viewers care about what happens in Goal! is directly proportionate to how much they care about soccer, because decent execution aside, there's an underdog fantasy movie just like this one for every sport.