7.7

1. Nathan
    Oct 26, 2007
    Awesome flick. Great movie about right and wrong and what one has to go through to make the right choices. Awesome performances from all and Casey Affleck (despite some critics views) is perfect for the lead. Gritty, powerful, and thought provoking. Well done.
  2. FromtheNorth
    Oct 20, 2007
    Oscar-worthy.High five to a talented filmmaker.
  3. KarenW.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Powerful! A mystery that twist and turns, compelling ethical dilemma, and really exciting! The best movie I've seen this year.
  4. JohnB.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Quite powerful and thought provoking. Exactly what a film like this should be.
  5. BillB
    Feb 20, 2008
    Being from the Boston area, I can truly say that Gone Baby Gone really captures the true essence of the city and it's slums.
  6. AndrewA
    Jan 18, 2010
    Very good movie, one of the best endings that i can remember. Definitely recommend watching.
  7. VirgilQ.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Great film of 2007!
  8. LesleyW.
    Oct 20, 2007
    One of the best this year! Casey Affleck is a star.
  9. DiannaS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    I loved the movie. Simple as that. It made me think - a Hollywood movie hasn't done that in a long time. I really couldn't tell this was a first-time director's work. Kudos all around.
  10. NickA.
    Oct 22, 2007
    The return of Ben Affleck has come, hard. Never acknowledged as a great actor, Ben Affleck did, once, contribute something of quality to the world of Hollywood cinema: he co-wrote 'Good Will Hunting'
  11. AngelicaH.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Ben Afflect should stay where he truly belongs: behind the camera. Great story, characters are multi-faceted. All you want from a movie.
  12. Chris
    Mar 21, 2008
    People who reacted negatively to Gone Baby Gone are probably missing the point. It's not about plot twists, or predictability, or the fact that the story is dark. It's about the fact that this compelling film deftly leads viewers to the moral dilemma at the end and evokes an emotional response. So many "important" films end without creating any sort of discussion, let alone People who reacted negatively to Gone Baby Gone are probably missing the point. It's not about plot twists, or predictability, or the fact that the story is dark. It's about the fact that this compelling film deftly leads viewers to the moral dilemma at the end and evokes an emotional response. So many "important" films end without creating any sort of discussion, let alone debate. Whatever structural flaws the movie has, there is no debate over the fact that the ending will be one of the most talked about of the year. Expand
  13. DallinP
    Jul 13, 2009
    This movie has great characters, great plot twists, and many other features that make it resemble a literary classic more than a movie. It's really no surprise to find it was adapted from a book. It left me and everyone who watched it with me discussing for almost an hour, and few movies are able to accomplish that.
  14. RussL
    Oct 28, 2007
    I think many critics were harsh to the film because Affleck directed it. If Eastwood made this people would be hailing it as another masterpiece. It was much better than 's "Mystic River" which relied on the high-octane acting but ultimately fell apart as mystery. (What did Kevin Bacon's character do again?) Everything in Gone Baby Gone is there for a reason, making it a hell of I think many critics were harsh to the film because Affleck directed it. If Eastwood made this people would be hailing it as another masterpiece. It was much better than 's "Mystic River" which relied on the high-octane acting but ultimately fell apart as mystery. (What did Kevin Bacon's character do again?) Everything in Gone Baby Gone is there for a reason, making it a hell of a thriller with an terrific final act that stays with you for days. Expand
  15. KateP.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Way more insightful and philosophical than I had been expecting. Depressing but very real, I'd see it again.
  16. Aug 14, 2010
    Gone Baby Gone is a scary and haunting film with great performances and intense suspense and tension. Who would know Ben Affleck could direct a film.

A movie dealing with child abduction and how it surrounds the people involved. A child is kidnapped and the family hires two private detectives because they can talk to people in the neighborhood that won't talk to the cops. Things start going out of the ordinary when multiple secretes are reveled. It leads more to dangerous situations.

One of my favorite movies and a big surprise from Affleck.
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    Questions of moral and doing the right thing are all brought up in this wonderfully twisted and surprising tale from Director and co-writer Ben Affleck. Perhaps it was unfortunate that the UK audience wouldn't have fully appreciated this excellent and thoughtful film due to the disappearance of Madeline McCann in the same year of the film's release, a girl around the same age andQuestions of moral and doing the right thing are all brought up in this wonderfully twisted and surprising tale from Director and co-writer Ben Affleck. Perhaps it was unfortunate that the UK audience wouldn't have fully appreciated this excellent and thoughtful film due to the disappearance of Madeline McCann in the same year of the film's release, a girl around the same age and appearance of the the girl this film centres around.
    Little Amanda has been abducted from her home in Boston, desperate for her return, the family hire outside help in the form of PI Patrick (Casey Affleck) and Angie (Michelle Monaghan), much to the displeasure of local law enforcement.
    But as the two dig deeper into the case, a case involving drug lords, family members and even corrupt cops, Patrick begins to realise there is something much bigger going on than a standard abduction, with every hour ticking past looking less likely that the young girl will be found alive, or found at all.
    The film works to open the eyes of close-minded and one shot people who perceive everything at first glance, as the film takes viewers hopes and expectations and dashes or turns them upside down when each corner is turned, twist after twist has made this wonderful filmmaking impossible to call first time.
    Not to say it was made to surprise, it was made to broaden your scope, ask people just where you may call home and just who exactly you may be better off with, but also bringing in the other side of maintaining the law, even if the law itself doesn't.
    Casey Affleck is truly on top of his game, he delivers an unforgettable turn as Patrick, a man dedicated to finding the truth, even when he is frowned upon for his age, style and his apparent lack of experience. Morgan Freeman plays a cop who is unfortunately reliving something that he himself had to go through, and we are immediately drawn in to his insistence and promise that this girl will be found.
    Amy Ryan puts in the most surprising and best performances, she has us convinced that her daughter was indeed kidnapped and she wants her back, but her actions and life make it questionable whether this young girl should be with her or not.
    Easily one of the best and most intriguing films of 2007, an emotional journey of morality and disbelief will come along with Gone Baby Gone, it will leave many questioning its decisions but ultimately prove a wonderful story in slow-paced style has been told.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Gone Baby Gone is a movie that takes you for a very exciting ride from beginning to end. It is based on the Dennis Lehane novel. Gone Baby Gone takes place in Boston and is about a 4-year-old girl that goes missing and her aunt hires two private detectives to augment the investigation. The two private detectives that she hires are Patrick Kenzie (Casey Affleck) and Angie GennaroGone Baby Gone is a movie that takes you for a very exciting ride from beginning to end. It is based on the Dennis Lehane novel. Gone Baby Gone takes place in Boston and is about a 4-year-old girl that goes missing and her aunt hires two private detectives to augment the investigation. The two private detectives that she hires are Patrick Kenzie (Casey Affleck) and Angie Gennaro (Michelle Monaghan). As the movie progress, Kenzie and Gennaro unravel all of the twists and turns where nothing is what it seems. Between the drug dealers, crooked cops and gun fights, this movie gives you all the excitement you could ask for. This movie is very good, but it is also extremely sad. This movie shows how some people live and how they would choose drugs and money over their own children. I would definitely recommend people to go and see this movie.

The cast is great in this movie. The connection between Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan is incredible. The two of them complement each other extremely well. Patrick Kenzie (Affleck) narrates the movie. In the opening scene he says: â
  19. IanR
    Jan 2, 2008
    There is a compelling ethical question raised skillfully that will haunt viewers.
  20. CharlesG.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Thought-provoking with an excellent cast even down to the extras who looked 100% authentic -probably because they were. This movie deserves more credit than the critics have given it. Ben Affleck has more than made up for Gigli.
  21. JustinF.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Great plot twists that keep you on the edge, in the beginning and end. The middle gets a little slow, but overall, this is one of the best movies of 2007. Raises great ethical questions that leave you thinking. These are the kinds of films that America needs!
  22. R.Lopez
    Sep 25, 2009
    This movie is what you call a can't miss movie it has all the makings of a great film and let me be say that it is a great crime film at that, probably one of the best since Street Kings and Narc. It's execution and style almost borders on Noir and it does so with oh so much style and grace. Ben Affleck proves that he's as good an actor and screenplay writer(Good Will This movie is what you call a can't miss movie it has all the makings of a great film and let me be say that it is a great crime film at that, probably one of the best since Street Kings and Narc. It's execution and style almost borders on Noir and it does so with oh so much style and grace. Ben Affleck proves that he's as good an actor and screenplay writer(Good Will Hunting) as he is a director. Ben Affleck surpasses his previous screenplay which he won the Oscar for( which was just as good here) and creates an intricately woven and malicious Crime Mystery. When I first heard about this movie I had absolutely no interest in crime films I was more into Sci-Fi then crime. But now after almost three years and finally deciding to see this film I'm glad I did. This crime drama is powerful in it's execution and sinister in it's play on words and scenarios. It moves along like a wicked little machine taking you here and there and everywhere in it's story all the while keeping you totally in tune with the plot and the going on's of the film. It's so wrapped up in it's story that when you start watching it your slowly but surely drawn in and to tell you the truth this movie won't let you out until it's over and done with. This movie has a very well rounded cast of actors that all display there talents above there normal status quot, Casey Affleck is one who stood out in this film his strong performance drove this film and made it something more than just your run of the mill crime film, his performance stole the show him and Ed Harris blew away anything they've done in the past and have made a strong stand here and came out on top. Michelle Monaghan was beautiful as always but she got sandwiched by Cast Affleck and Ed Harris' strong performances and is almost a throw away in the film(which her character was anyways.) Morgan Freeman who's small but pivotal role was not a scene stealer but he did exceptionally well for the time he was on screen. All in all this film is something you can't miss, it's a study in the devious corrupt nature of man and the true meaning of justice for children. It's a film that you can see over and over again and it will still have the same affect as the first time you watched it. It's a devious ride of sin, lies , love and making the right choices even if they affect those around you. Gone Baby Gone is a movie that is going down in the crime section as one of the best of all time, and it rightfully deserves it this films delivers non-stop mystery and deceit that is hypnotizing and engrossing, All in all this is a can't miss thought provoking Crime drama that must be seen to be believed. Gone Baby Gone delivers. Expand
  23. KenP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Slow at first but picks up speed and leaves you really thinking about whats best for children
  24. DebbieK
    Oct 21, 2007
    Definitely not a feel-good movie, but it's an excellent film. One of the most realistic pictures I've seen in a long time. Kudos to Ben and his little brother. Honestly, I went to see this because of Morgan Freeman, but Casey caught my attention more than Morgan did! Hard to outshine the great MF, but I feel like Casey did it here.
  25. susang.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Best ending to a moral thriller ever!!! The script and acting were top notch!!!
  26. LeeB.
    Feb 24, 2008
    The finest directorial debut that I can remember. I can't wait to see what Ben Affleck does in the future. Superb cast!
  27. ChadB.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Every once in a while I see a movie and not know anything about it. Well, this movie grabbed me from the beginning and I enjoyed the thrill ride the whole way through. The moral choice at the end leaves you thinking. I would recommend this movie highly!
  28. TerriF.
    Jan 28, 2009
    While I hate the way the main character resolved the movie's conflict, I love the movie. I think that is suppose to be the whole point. THerefore, I say kudos to Ben Affleck.
  29. CydneyB.
    Oct 19, 2007
    The Affleck boys sure know their Boston. Loved the book.. but this is even better. We'll be owning this one when it comes out on DVD. Wowie!
  30. VernonM.
    Nov 16, 2007
    With the exception of Ed Harris' hairpiece the movie seemed authentic in every aspect. Casey Affleck nailed the role of Patrick McKenzie, demonstrating a toughness that barely belied is youthful, innocent appearance. The story line may have been a bit forced but the overall grittiness and realism to the surroundings and the actors was a credit to Ben Affleck's direction. Any With the exception of Ed Harris' hairpiece the movie seemed authentic in every aspect. Casey Affleck nailed the role of Patrick McKenzie, demonstrating a toughness that barely belied is youthful, innocent appearance. The story line may have been a bit forced but the overall grittiness and realism to the surroundings and the actors was a credit to Ben Affleck's direction. Any movie that can have you discussing moral decisions upon its conclusion is worth the price of admission. Although I realize that this will in no way be a franchise I would not mind sitting through another McKenzie/Gennaro adventure in the future-as long as the same quality is maintained that was achieved in this outing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    It's a tribute to this thoughtful, deeply poignant, splendidly executed film that we replay the conclusion in our minds long after the lights come on.
  2. Reviewed by: Lisa Nesselson
    Moral ambiguity is the real star of Ben Affleck's helming debut, Gone Baby Gone, an involving Boston-set tale of mixed motives, selflessness and perfidy in the wake of a 4-year-old girl's disappearance.
  3. Casey Affleck has never had a pedestal like the one his brother provides him, and he earns it. His Patrick is pale and raspy, with a slight grogginess that gives him an astounding vulnerability--and makes his bursts of temper shocking.