8.2

1. Jan 25, 2014
    This is a car movie, a heist movie, and a Nicolas Cage movie. If you understand and accept these things about it ahead of time you'll be okay with this movie. However, even from that perspective, this movie isn't that great. There's better car movies, there's better heist movies, and there's even better Nicolas Cage movies.

A lot of the characters are a little flat and samey. A lot of

A lot of the characters are a little flat and samey. A lot of the cars they talk about don't get much screen time; since they need to deal with 50 car car thefts in one night they don't have enough time to really show any particular car. The action sequences are good but nothing phenomenal.

This is the kind of movie you should maybe watch once just to have seen it, but that's about it.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    Laughably bad, brain-melting action goo.
  3. Feb 25, 2012
    a stupid movie about criminals doing horrible things. It is not about the love of cars, it is about some bastard criminals stealing them. Horrible movie in my opinion. It's also a bad influence on young people, glorifying criminals. Always the same **** Horrible disgusting action scenes involving criminal activities. Doesn't interest me a bit. Why always the same nonsense?
  4. PatC.
    Jan 8, 2004
    OK, I can accept that I'm stupid, but if this movie is that good, why can't we all just become car thieves. In a lot of ways this is a well done film, but not good enough for me to lose my disgust over the portrayal of what these people do as cool.
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    A laughably poor pass for an action flick.
    I was literally Gone in 60 Seconds with a horribly simplistic and terribly unrealistic plot with poor acting, and despicable slothfulness from the screenplay.
  6. AndrewM
    Nov 21, 2004
    This film has moments of unreal, escapist fun... but seriously, what has become of taste in Hollywood? And if this is now how we define 'innovation' in filmmaking, I'll be looking for a new hobby soon! Fun? Occasionally. Cheap, superficial and immoral? Yes, yes, yes.

1. I found it more pleasurable as a time waster than either "Mission: Impossible."
    This is the kind of movie that ends up playing on the TV set over the bar in a better movie.
  3. The story is unbelievable and phenomenally silly, not a good combination.