5.2

1. Mar 6, 2012
    One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time, don`t get sucked in to watching it! Any awards Tyler Perry received for Precious should be given to the writer and his license to direct should be revoked!
  2. May 9, 2013
    I believe that this could be one of the worst Tyler Perry movies I've ever watched. The scenarios are so consciously fabricated that it becomes very difficult to accept the premise. One just becomes so aware of it's implausibility and you, therefore, are unable to emotionally invest yourself into the characters. I am also personally uncomfortable with the portrayal of very stereotypical character back-stories. The entire formula of the movie was too predictable and not unheard of. I think that a lot more depth could have also been given to the characters. Did not enjoy this film in the least especially because it felt as if it was perpetuating some social stereotypes that I was very uncomfortable with. I found it rather unpleasant. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Feb 29, 2012
    The melodramatic film has numerous light and comical touches, and the performances are uniformly good. The film's pace, however, has the consistency of molasses, and there's hardly a scene that wouldn't be improved by judicial trimming.
  2. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Feb 27, 2012
    Good Deeds is the first of the 11 movies he's written and directed to try a one-tone-fits-all approach. Sadly, that tone is funereal, and it's always a beat out of step with the rhythms of both real life and most movies.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Humanick
    Feb 25, 2012
    Simultaneously both archetypal Tyler Perry and another step in the direction of nuance and thoughtfulness for the filmmaker.