5.1

1. Feb 27, 2012
    I saw the new Good Deeds movie on Friday, and I was thought it was gonna be a great non-Madea movie in the series, but I'm really disappointed. This is not exactly what Tyler meant to star in, but the cast looks decent. It's more of the same movies like Meet The Browns and Why Did I Get Married? without the schlock jokes and I think Good Deeds is a mere melodrama than All My Children. II saw the new Good Deeds movie on Friday, and I was thought it was gonna be a great non-Madea movie in the series, but I'm really disappointed. This is not exactly what Tyler meant to star in, but the cast looks decent. It's more of the same movies like Meet The Browns and Why Did I Get Married? without the schlock jokes and I think Good Deeds is a mere melodrama than All My Children. I still can't believe they still didn't bring a new Madea trailer for her new movie "Witness Protection" coming soon. But nothing new this weekend and probably I'll wait for Good Deeds to rent on DVD. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Feb 29, 2012
    The melodramatic film has numerous light and comical touches, and the performances are uniformly good. The film's pace, however, has the consistency of molasses, and there's hardly a scene that wouldn't be improved by judicial trimming.
  2. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Feb 27, 2012
    Good Deeds is the first of the 11 movies he's written and directed to try a one-tone-fits-all approach. Sadly, that tone is funereal, and it's always a beat out of step with the rhythms of both real life and most movies.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Humanick
    Feb 25, 2012
    Simultaneously both archetypal Tyler Perry and another step in the direction of nuance and thoughtfulness for the filmmaker.