4.1

1. SunnyS
    Jan 19, 2008
    Seriously, people need to cut this movie some slack. For the people saying that this movie was too gross, super bad was way grosser and it still got good reviews. I watched this movie today I would laugh at all the stupid jokes Stew made I smiled and laughed half way through the whole movie. I say that people should learn to loosen up a bit.
  2. SeanM.
    Jan 21, 2008
    I think that this movie was great. It was funny, I couldn't stop laughing threw out the whole film.
  3. John
    Jan 23, 2008
    Simply put, this movie is hilarious! I laughed all the way through it. The people who gave it bad ratings need to lighten up and get a sense of humor.
  4. JulianH.
    Nov 26, 2007
    This movie was by fare one of the best i saw in the resent past. I really dont know why people would like this movei. Maybe just because there are sooo many boobies to see ^^ lol Its another great DaneCook hit!
  5. JaredA.
    Sep 18, 2007
    Very tasty, it is kind of funny, but very sexy, breathtaking, heart-pumping, very good to the range that Jessica Alba goes.
  6. THW
    Sep 20, 2007
    Not the best movie you'll see this summer, but funny, entertaining, and surprisingly enjoyable. Try as they might, there's no convincing performance of any on-screen chemistry between the two leads. So once you get past that and just enjoy the movie for the oversexed sidekick and slapstick humor (a la Superbad), it's not that bad of a "romantic" comedy. Despite the cheesy Not the best movie you'll see this summer, but funny, entertaining, and surprisingly enjoyable. Try as they might, there's no convincing performance of any on-screen chemistry between the two leads. So once you get past that and just enjoy the movie for the oversexed sidekick and slapstick humor (a la Superbad), it's not that bad of a "romantic" comedy. Despite the cheesy overdone and predictable "romantic comedy" themes, I found myself (and everybody else in the theater) laughing throughout the movie. Dane Cook is at his best when he's obviously improvising his lines. The movie lives up to its R rating with the colorful language and many bare breasts (and Cook's butt). Expand
  7. Exotic
    Apr 17, 2008
    I understand that the movie is having many flaws... it gives wrong impression about the culture and ethics.. Yes. we cannot enjoy the movie if you try to find out the good message out of it.. BUT.. really I enjoyed the performance of Jessica Alba.. and Cook.. Jessica Alba proved once again that she is the Best.
  8. vidMan
    Oct 1, 2007
    I like it. I'm not a fan of Dane Cook. Because his acting on the stage is what makes his jokes funny, his CDs suck. But I thought he did a good job with this movie. It was funny - I understood his frustration and laughed because it was like a game. The actors looked like they were having a fun time. At times this movie was also touching, at others it was down right nasty. And near I like it. I'm not a fan of Dane Cook. Because his acting on the stage is what makes his jokes funny, his CDs suck. But I thought he did a good job with this movie. It was funny - I understood his frustration and laughed because it was like a game. The actors looked like they were having a fun time. At times this movie was also touching, at others it was down right nasty. And near the end, I didn't know exactly where the story was going to flow. I didn't understand Cook's strategy, which I don't think he did either. Stu isn't as repulsive as others say. He doesn't repulse me nearly as much as the dialog in Super Bad. He's clearly a loser, but that's what makes him funny. After a while, he ends up being kind of an A-hole, but I think - maybe I've had a friend like that. Expand
  9. ChristieS
    Dec 7, 2007
    I thought this movie was hysterical. Not all movies need to have deep meaning. The best friend was a little over-the-top, but I found Cook & Alba hilarious. Lighten up!
  10. AaronB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Here is only reason I gave this movie any good rating. Well actually there are two reason: One you get to watch Jessica Alba for a good majority of this movie. Sure I would have preferred this movie had a much better story. But then the second reason is that you get to see Jessica in her underwear. This is also based solely on a machismo desire to see really beautiful women wearing pretty Here is only reason I gave this movie any good rating. Well actually there are two reason: One you get to watch Jessica Alba for a good majority of this movie. Sure I would have preferred this movie had a much better story. But then the second reason is that you get to see Jessica in her underwear. This is also based solely on a machismo desire to see really beautiful women wearing pretty hot briefs. I will not argue in any way that there is any credible reason, other than these two, to actually see this movie. Expand
  11. Jeff
    Sep 23, 2007
    Though I can understand people's aversion to raunchiness, this movie is more than that. I appreciated the style of humor, Dane Cook's acting, and more. This movie rises above most 'romantic comedies' as finally the guy has some morals.
  12. FrancisK.
    Jun 24, 2009
    I am what you may consider a stereotypical "fan of intelligent cinema", but I quite liked this film. Yes, it has crude, sexual humour (which is not everyone's cup of tea) and some slapstick comedy (but a least it knows where to stop), the plot was a bit predictable (although not dumb) and Dane Cook isn't really that interesting as an actor, but I was entertained by the I am what you may consider a stereotypical "fan of intelligent cinema", but I quite liked this film. Yes, it has crude, sexual humour (which is not everyone's cup of tea) and some slapstick comedy (but a least it knows where to stop), the plot was a bit predictable (although not dumb) and Dane Cook isn't really that interesting as an actor, but I was entertained by the film's boldness (and its jokes, of course). At first I didn't even want to see this, thanks to the reviews, but my friends thought it was hilarious and I wanted to prove them wrong. I was prepared to see a sexist, cheap and dumb film about f*cking a lot and exploiting women, but it was I that was (surprisingly) proven wrong. And during the subtitles I thought, "Why all the hate?" Maybe people need to be more open-minded sometimes. I is definitely not a masterpiece, but that doesn't make it a terrible, unfunny, male chauvinistic piece of crap, as most reviews seem to suggest. I even might say that it "has a soul". Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2011
    This movie had its funny moments. I always liked Jessica Alba but never got to see her movies since she stars in the ones I have no interest in. I'm guessing she is up for taking lame roles. Nonetheless this movie was not a complete fail especially considering it made good revenue on release.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 23 Critics

At least Jessica Alba's legion of fans will have something to smile about. If nothing else, Helfrich has shown her in the best light. If only there was something worth seeing here other than her.
  2. Good Luck Chuck is this year’s low-ender to beat.
    There's an audience out there for this kind of thing--Cook is obviously a populist, and Norbit made bushels of money--but if this is what passes for funny, what in the world of comedy DOESN'T qualify?