4.0

1. Jul 18, 2014
    Oh dear. The only thing worse than an unfunny rom-com is by trying to make the film more appealing by adding in pointless, sexist nudity scenes and more unfunny but puerile gags. It gets two more points than it deserves because I smiled three times and Dane Cook, Jessica Alba and Dan Fogler at least tried (a bit). Still, you'd think that Jessica Alba is too good for these types of filmsOh dear. The only thing worse than an unfunny rom-com is by trying to make the film more appealing by adding in pointless, sexist nudity scenes and more unfunny but puerile gags. It gets two more points than it deserves because I smiled three times and Dane Cook, Jessica Alba and Dan Fogler at least tried (a bit). Still, you'd think that Jessica Alba is too good for these types of films by now, but no.

Avoid at all costs.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    A sparingly funny film with some truly revolting characters.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    Though its about a romance between Alba and Cook, you can almost feel an epic tug-of-war going on between the two of them; Cook trying to make the film dreadful, Alba trying to make it just bearable.
  4. Feb 21, 2012
    Dane Cook has never been funny once in his entire life and Jessica Alba is just here to be looked at like always. Yawn.
  5. Jan 4, 2012
    i never hated dane cook untill i seen this filth. this has to be one of the worst commedy's ever made. even sexy jessica alba in her underware isnt worth seeing this even for free...hell even if you paid me. if you find a copy of this film burn it .
  6. Sep 16, 2011
    In DC comics lore, there exists an Anti-Life Equation, which serves as proof of mathematical certainty that life, hope, and freedom, are all pointless. Good Luck Chuck is the Anti-Funny Movie; it proves that even in a modern world where we get to see films like Superbad and Knocked Up, the idea of laughing is not worth it.
  7. Jul 26, 2011
    This movie had its funny moments. I always liked Jessica Alba but never got to see her movies since she stars in the ones I have no interest in. I'm guessing she is up for taking lame roles. Nonetheless this movie was not a complete fail especially considering it made good revenue on release.
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    despite the movie being a cheaply made, mean spirited gross out comedy, I can't say i didn't get my fill of rauchy jokes and gags.I can say i was mighty satisfied.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 23 Critics

At least Jessica Alba's legion of fans will have something to smile about. If nothing else, Helfrich has shown her in the best light. If only there was something worth seeing here other than her.
  2. Good Luck Chuck is this year’s low-ender to beat.
    There's an audience out there for this kind of thing--Cook is obviously a populist, and Norbit made bushels of money--but if this is what passes for funny, what in the world of comedy DOESN'T qualify?