5.4

1. Aug 23, 2014
    Goodbye World crutches heavily on it's actors making the best of a bland apocalypse script that avoids any serious confrontation with the real world, leaving them to carry-on living their meaningless self-righteous lives in an isolated utopia.
  2. Aug 18, 2014
    I saw the first 45 minutes and and shut this off – reading the ending in the plot section of Wikipedia. It's a shame these folks weren't killed off in this supposed apocalypse. I think the part that utterly had me pissed, were the characters' apathetic POVs to what was going on outside their space. The ultimate in narcissism where the world is coming to an end and all they can do is kvetch about their pitiful
    relationships. Reminds me of those Goth kids in South Park....

Some people found the story well-written; I think they they didn't
    understand the story and tried to cover it up by saying it was
    well-written. I've even taken five minutes and my FIRST review on Metacritic
    to let people know to not waste their time. BTW, "living off the grid"
    with a WiFi code of "Spaced360"?? Sounds like grid living to me.

1. Reviewed by: Katie Walsh
    Apr 4, 2014
    The strength of Goodbye World is that it understands the foibles of these characters and lets them be as flawed as they are while they are also trying to survive not just the apocalypse but each other.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Kenny
    Apr 4, 2014
    I am probably indulging in a rather obnoxious form of criticism-as-parlor-game-psychotherapy by positing that each of the three main white male characters in director Denis Henry Hennelly's Goodbye World is meant to represent a facet of the director himself. Unfortunately, such activity is about all the movie is any good for.
  3. Reviewed by: Nicolas Rapold
    Apr 3, 2014
    As these overwritten characters cope and make fresh romantic missteps, the movie cruises obliviously along, littered with glib dialogue and howler developments.