6.9

1. Jun 22, 2012
    A sports comedy not just for sports fans. From beginning to end you will be laughing, and the laughs are consistent throughout the film. It has directing and awesome fight scenes. And amazing writing. But the stand out for me would be the acting. Especially Seann William Scott, who is just a loveable naive fighting machine. He plays Doug Glatt so well that you actually forget that the character he is famous for is Stifler. The supporting cast is also great, some stand outs are the Rusian brothers, David Lawrence, Liev Schreiber, Kim Coates and Alison Pill. This really is a great comedy. Collapse
  2. Apr 22, 2013
    A very funny movie that's crude, vulgar, and violent but has a huge heart. They did an excellent job with the casting, Seann William Scott is flawless as the main character and the supporting cast does an outstanding job. Despite all the blood and f-bombs there's a sweet side to this movie that makes it all worth while. So if your a hockey fan or just like a good comedy this is a must watch.
  3. May 2, 2012
    Awesome movie. The highlight of this film has to be Seann William Scott's portrayal of the protagonist Doug Glatt. His character is so loveable, charming, and honorable that you can't help but root for him. The rest of the supporting cast is hilarious, especially Doug's foul-mouthed teammates. Of special note is Doug's rival, the aging enforcer Ross Rhea who plays his role like an old western gunslinger. Their final showdown is so freaking epic, it had me cheering. I don't even like watching hockey and I still loved this movie. See it! Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2013
    Seann William Scott plays a former bar security guard who is enlisted to join a minor league hockey team as someone to beat the living hell out of other opposing team fighters, a 'goon' as the title would state. Definitely something to check out if you have free time. A great sports comedy that isn't a 'Slap Shot', but instead a one-of-a-kind.
  5. Aug 4, 2014
    This is one of the smartest, funniest sports films I've seen in a very long time. Its not perfect, but for what it is, and for how little it cost to make, it is pretty close.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 25, 2012
    When a film's clich├ęs are so obvious that its cast points them out for you, you've got to wonder how hard it's really trying.
  2. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Apr 26, 2012
    Goon is a hoot.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Apr 25, 2012
    Put on your best Southie accent and say it with me: This film is wicked fahwkin' retahded and I loved it.