8.5

1. Sep 4, 2010
    This movie has one of the most interesting main characters I have seen in a very long time, and if it didn't have that it would have gotten a much lower score from me. Eastwood's performance is amazing.
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    Gran Torino is maybe the best movie I have ever seen. It is full of everything to pleasure both genders. I watched at my father's apartment with my sister. We all had a great time with this awesome movie. 10 out of 10 is not enough, so I will cheat and say 12 out of 10 :P
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    One of his best movies yet.We need more movies like this its action and a few funny parts.As of always eastwood is a perfect actor he always gets the job done.
  4. Nov 24, 2011
    I thought it was a really good film. Eastwood has shown us all once again why he is still relivent in acting by giving a great performance that is a typical style that Eastwood has given us in the past.
  5. May 12, 2011
    dude. whoever the hell gave this movie a bad review must be the dumbest **** i have may ever know. this movie was perfect in every way. and pete, **** u!! u have no idea wut ur talking about. u should walk right up to clint eastwood and tell him what u just said,. and he will be sure to **** u up, u ****
  6. Jun 2, 2011
    An Eastwood Tour de Force! The best performance of his career, followed closely by Unforgiven. This film is completely driven by Eastwood's performance, but unfortunately the supporting cast is especially weak, even bad at times. However, with such a robust character like Walt, you can't help but love this film only for his contribution. Too bad he was completely and utterly overlooked by the Academy. Expand
  7. May 28, 2011
    I love this movie. It's direct, simple and old fashioned. I don't even want to waste time writing about "Oh I liked this and that and blah blah". Just watch the film.
  8. Jan 30, 2012
    One great street gang film. It's funny. It's sad. It got great character. Clint is such a fascinating actor and his role is one of the best I have seen.
  9. Jun 14, 2012
    Clint Eastwood's performance was very memorable here. With a great story and a fantastic moral that comes with it, its a tragic but very entertaining film.
  10. Apr 12, 2012
    Clint Eastwood's work on imaging Asian culture and overcoming racism is surprisingly amusing. Its also surprisingly captivating on entering and overcoming racism against Asians and their cultures. The dialogue was also very impressive between protagonists and antagonists. Honestly, this should have received Academy Award-nominations for best picture and best director; Clint Eastwood.
  11. Jan 17, 2013
    Gran Torino is a dramatic film of 2008 directed by Clint Eastwood. The plot is about Walt Kowalski, Polish veteran of the Vietnam War and retired worker in a car factory, who lives in a neighborhood inhabited by Eastern that he did not look kindly on. Especially his neighbors who have immigrated Hmong of Southeast Asia. But when a young group will begin to take it against them, Walt will have to come to their defense. The film manages to have a huge emotional impact on the viewer and also manages to make you laugh and cry at the same time. Fantastic interpretation of Clint Eastwood manages to make us know his character, grotesque but never overdo it. Expand
  12. Apr 7, 2012
    There is beauty in this movie, there is soul, and feeling. Clint Eastwood's performance is formidable! For those who argue that he is better as a director than an actor, I think here he proves that he can be great as both. I too, believe that this movie is a solid 9, and I am disappointed about the fact that many didn't grasp the message of this movie. It is not a presumptuos film; on the opposite, it is simple, pleasurable, touching. It has character. It is not pompous; it is real, it is human, It is life. Expand
  13. Sep 30, 2012
    Critics got thsi film totally wrong. It was frecking amazin. Clint Eastwood gives an untouchable performance. This is one film that is definently worth watching.
  14. Mar 31, 2012
    Grand Torino is a wonderful movie. It is a film that speaks to the tensions humans face in the most significant way, and does so with such poise and audacity that the viewer can't help but adore.
  15. Mar 31, 2012
    A very good film, that evolves wonderfully with its story. It enticing to watch and is fearless in its script. Everybody was very good. I thought Clint should have won some kind of an award.
  16. Nov 17, 2012
    Eastwood's bracing and heart-wrenching human drama will get to you. The effect is overwhelming.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    Has Clint Eastwood played similar characters before? Yes. But with such mesmerizing abilities as a director, and a powerful hand at story telling...who cares? Underrated film. Great.
  18. Dec 7, 2013
    Gran Torino is a movie you must see. The PC police will almost certainly lambaste it, attempt to dismiss it as clumsy and cry out in shock at Eastwood’s willingness to portray a man so filled with hate and intolerance. Spike Lee, after publicly calling out Clint for leaving black men out of Flags of our Fathers, may have an actual coronary. Hey Spike, this time he’s surrounded himself with brown people and decided to scream ethnic slurs. Ignore the naysayers, they won’t be able to see past their own prejudices to what lies beneath. Gran Torino is smarter than it seems and it’s broader, funnier, and more straightforward than you’d expect. This is the Clint Eastwood we all remember in a perfect final performance. He’s riding off into the sunset scowling, snarling, and spitting blood. Expand
  19. Jul 18, 2013
    Buena pelicula de drama de Clint Eastwood, me gusto mucho, tuvo buen argumento y estuvo muy bien desarrollada, yo veo esta pelicula como una obra maestra de Clint Eastwood; muy buena la pelicula, la recomiendo.

1. Eastwood has always had the gift for comedy in his acting repertoire, but he indulges in it only rarely. His fans might embrace this return to comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Highlighted by the star's vastly entertaining performance, this funny, broad but ultimately serious-minded drama about an old-timer driven to put things right in his deteriorating neighborhood looks to be a big audience-pleaser.
  3. A movie at once understated and radical, deceptively unremarkable in presentation and ballsy in its earnestness. Don't let the star's overly familiar squint fool you: This is subtle, perceptive stuff.