Gravity

7.8

1. Feb 12, 2014
    The film is about a woman astronaut that tries to survive in space when a chinese satellite explodes and destroys her spaceshuttle and kills must of her colleagues .The only other survivor, Matt Kowalsky helps her.

The movie had a lot of beatiful special effects, but for me it was quite repetitive.
  2. Apr 3, 2014
    Smoke and mirrors effects and music paired with emotionless acting and in-space impossible physics and millions of one-in-a-million mishap scenarios with no story. A thriller for no reason. How did this win so many oscars? People in this age are favoring movies that make them feel - not stories that make them change, but that doesn't mean the movie is the best of all time.
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    Gravity es una película que aunque contiene unos muy buenos efectos visuales a lo largo de la historia que abarca el film, contiene algunos fallos (no me refiero a lo técnico).

Este largometraje empieza bien, y continúa así hasta los primeros 15 minutos, luego de eso ya la película empieza a buscar soluciones para encajar bien las piezas del final, pero, esas soluciones hacen que la película se torne aburrida, simplona y fastidiosa hasta que llegan los últimos 15 minutos.

Así que, en general, Gravity es una película fastidiosa en donde si no has visto la película, solo basta con ver los primeros 15 minutos y los últimos 15 para entenderla bien.
  4. Mar 28, 2014
    Very surprised that the critics thought so highly of this film. I must have missed something. I thought it was boring, ridiculous and full of clichés. Sure, the visuals were great, but as someone else said - "why not just play or watch a video game?"
  5. Ozy
    Mar 2, 2015
    There really wasn't much of a 'movie' here. This was more like dot points to what will happen if certain events took place in space whilst you were space walking. If it were based on a true story i wouldn't have expected anything more than what it was, in fact i would have scored a lot higher. But it wasn't, it was made up. And that is my problem, there could have been a little more storyThere really wasn't much of a 'movie' here. This was more like dot points to what will happen if certain events took place in space whilst you were space walking. If it were based on a true story i wouldn't have expected anything more than what it was, in fact i would have scored a lot higher. But it wasn't, it was made up. And that is my problem, there could have been a little more story telling more feeling maybe some romance etc. I loved the visual aspect and thought the acting was great. In fact i thought it was made really well, just needed more story telling, it felt bland. Expand
  6. Jul 19, 2014
    Aunque posee efectos visuales y sonoros fantásticos, es una película fastidiosa, solo llaman la atención los primeros 15 y los últimos 15 minutos, el resto es solo relleno, pero aun así hay una buena interpretación gracias a Bullock y una buena dirección de Cuarón.
  7. Jan 21, 2015
    Visually Impressive but really that's all there is to it. Alfonso Cuaron's space opus is 90 mins of Sandra Bullock explaining the plot to herself. The film is literally devoid of ideas.
  8. Jul 21, 2014
    Hollywood Back on The Bandwagon?

Hollywood Back on The Bandwagon?

No alien in this one, this time we’re getting a somewhat Realistic look at things going wrong for space fearing Astronauts. I was a bit surprised to see Hollywood getting out to space, in this manner. Hollywood sort of gave up on the Science Fiction, long time ago, as Special Effects got way too costly. Have you seen anything new in SFX lately, chances are no. Hollywood’s love affair with Space is a cost conscious one.
    Wouldn’t want to take a slash out of those Worldwide Box Office Figs, now would we!

This movie is alright, but the banter is not very professional, this feels like some famous people popping up all of a sudden and wondering if they can handle a movie in space. Two Fabs are on hand, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, the look of the film is good, and the ending fine, but I was surprised that Gravity had suddenly ended, then I looked and saw that it was only one half hour.

Concise, was the play this time.

The Science Fiction is in the Books, that’s the Only place to find it.

--------------

First Published at STUFF (April 16, 2014) STUFF #310: Gravity
  9. Dec 1, 2014
    What a boring and predictable movie! Don't waste your time! The only good thing about this movie is the cinematography and the special effects... Way overrated!
  10. Mar 10, 2015
    I just don't understand the love of this film. The visuals are stunning and the tone is great, but I'm sorry, Gravity's a decent film in my opinion, not as great as it's been made out to be. I found this film boring, it's the first film I've fallen asleep while watching in a long time. The film bends scientific facts to keep certain characters alive, despite trying to be realistic. TheI just don't understand the love of this film. The visuals are stunning and the tone is great, but I'm sorry, Gravity's a decent film in my opinion, not as great as it's been made out to be. I found this film boring, it's the first film I've fallen asleep while watching in a long time. The film bends scientific facts to keep certain characters alive, despite trying to be realistic. The tension of the film never feels real to me, because the film constantly bends it's own rules to keep a character alive. Then 37 minutes into an approximately 90 minute movie, the film takes an unexpected turn that renders the rest of the film moot, and completely destroys any potential tension any viewer who is paying attention would have felt. Plus the dialogue, is dry and bland, and the film tries to confuse us to think there's some tension, but only confuses, with flashbacks. All of this leads me to say I didn't really like this film, and somehow it has everybody raving, I just don't know. Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2015
    Critic reviews are way too high. I admit, the effects are very real and interesting but the concept is so boring. The girl is a great actor, but the thrills of imminent death just aren't enough to make up for the emptiness of space and the movie itself.
  12. Feb 25, 2015
    I saw nothing special about this film, if I admit that the effects are great but the plot is very limited and that end is very simple, I cannot see what all they commented on it.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Nov 3, 2013
    A stunning space saga that takes off for new technical frontiers without leaving its humanity behind.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 6, 2013
    Gravity is not a film of ideas, like Kubrick's techno-mystical "2001," but it's an overwhelming physical experience -- a challenge to the senses that engages every kind of dread. [7 Oct. 2013, p.88]
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 4, 2013
    This is not to say that Gravity is a masterpiece: Unlike Cuarón’s extraordinary "Children of Men", it doesn’t quite pull off its ambitious effort to combine formal inventiveness, heart-pounding action, and intimate human storytelling. But it succeeds thrillingly at the first two of those categories, and only misses the mark on the last because it tries a little too hard — which is certainly a welcome respite from the countless sci-fi thrillers that privilege the human story not at all.