7.9

1. Aug 14, 2014
    This is seriously overrated. Some plot points leave questions to the audience but the movie itself is visually ravishing and the cast is, undoubtedly, artistic.
  2. Aug 13, 2014
    Not the best story and acting, but futuristic, innovative and perfect directing of Cuaron make this movie worth watching. There are a lot of modern movies that use the safe way of film making, imitating classics and not trying something new. But this movie is not one of them. It's a modern landmark in film making, it tried and succeeded.
  3. Aug 4, 2014
    I like this movie, not just because of the plot twists and turns, but also because it delivers a fine Sandra Bullok performance. It lacked character backgrounds though.
  4. Jul 28, 2014
    Gravity will have you reaching for anything you can grab, so you don`t float into space. I went in thinking this movie would be boring, but the found a way to keep it interesting until the very end. Made me feel like I was there,and wishing to be back on Earth.It also has a good message about life in the middle of the chaos.
  5. Jul 26, 2014
    One HELL of an adventure! I was positively enthralled by every electrifying second of it. My immersion in the intense action scenes made my palms start sweating profusely. Lubezki once again proves that he's the cherry on top of the cream of the crop of cinematographers. I blinked rarely and only reluctantly during his long takes. A masterpiece of staging and technical innovation, 'Gravity' is nothing short of sublime. And, luckily, *plot spoiler* Sandra Bullock only imitates a dog in one scene. Expand
  6. Jul 25, 2014
    Gravity es un film que aunque tiene buenos efectos visuales, después de un tiempo la película se torna simplona y aburrida hasta los últimos 15 minutos del film.
  7. Jul 25, 2014
    Insanely refreshing to see a movie that manages to not only get the proper science and physics down right into everything but also manages to overfill it's inspirational quota beyond expectations.
  8. Jul 21, 2014
    Hollywood's two most benign actors (Clooney, Bullock) carry no weight and from the outset I so wished the main characters would be sucked into the vacuum of space and obliterated by the black hole that so richly represents their talent.

The infinite depths of space as a back drop to the limited range of the actors and the simpleton script makes for great irony ....Television's 'Lost In
    Space' opening credit sequence had more to say. Expand
  9. Jul 21, 2014
    Hollywood Back on The Bandwagon?

No alien in this one, this time we’re getting a somewhat Realistic look at things going wrong for space fearing Astronauts. I was a bit surprised to see Hollywood getting out to space, in this manner. Hollywood sort of gave up on the Science Fiction, long time ago, as Special Effects got way too costly. Have you seen anything new in SFX lately,
    chances are no. Hollywood’s love affair with Space is a cost conscious one.
    Wouldn’t want to take a slash out of those Worldwide Box Office Figs, now would we!

This movie is alright, but the banter is not very professional, this feels like some famous people popping up all of a sudden and wondering if they can handle a movie in space. Two Fabs are on hand, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, the look of the film is good, and the ending fine, but I was surprised that Gravity had suddenly ended, then I looked and saw that it was only one half hour.

Concise, was the play this time.

The Science Fiction is in the Books, that’s the Only place to find it.

--------------

First Published at STUFF (April 16, 2014) STUFF #310: Gravity
  10. Jul 19, 2014
    Aunque posee efectos visuales y sonoros fantásticos, es una película fastidiosa, solo llaman la atención los primeros 15 y los últimos 15 minutos, el resto es solo relleno, pero aun así hay una buena interpretación gracias a Bullock y una buena dirección de Cuarón.
  11. Jul 15, 2014
    Of course it's well made, but one of the great triumphs of Gravity is that it is a non-violent, scientific and enlightening action drama. I challenge you to find an equally exciting, bombastic movie with as much love for humanity's abilities.
  12. Jul 15, 2014
    As a space travel enthusiast I found this movie to not be correct at all. The likelyhood of the events happening in the movie is completely impossible. The odds of the space station that broke apart being just a few miles away from the I.S.S is completely improbable. Sandra Bullock also used up almost all of her oxygen in a minuted and was left with just 3% of it left and you expect me to believe that she survived for another hour in space before she got to the International Space Station on just that. I think not. The script writers should have payed more attention to the facts before writing these impossible ways Sandra could have survived. Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2014
    Beautiful. Gripping. Stellar. Riveting. An artful masterpiece of a film; the best space film of all-time; will become a timeless classic. This film IS Sandra Bullock.
  14. Jul 12, 2014
    Rating this a 10 just to balance out the negative reviews from the people who just don't get it. If any movie warrants this kind of fandom loyalty which I usually don't care for, its this movie.
  15. Jul 9, 2014
    A great film with stunning visuals. It is a great watch in 3D on the big screen as you get the full effect and makes you feel like you are there. Average acting with some great dialogue. Bullock does a great job as she is alone for most of the movie and she makes the movie not boring and enjoyable to watch. Some of the best effects I have ever seen.
  16. Jul 6, 2014
    This movies does not deserve a overall score of 96. This movie is nothing more than a pretty roller coaster ride. Outside of the visuals, the script is terrible. C+ movie AT BEST
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    Now "Gravity" is truly amazing, but it is only worth watching in 3D and on the biggest screen available. Otherwise, non of its cinematic magic and brilliance will reach You.
  18. Jul 1, 2014
    Some scenes look beautiful, but that's about all I can say that's positive. The laws of physics are broken several times, in the first collision, the guy who was exposed to the vacuum of space should have exploded due to the pressure difference, in the process of docking with the several space stations it's highly unlikely that the difference in velocities would be anything less than the speed of a bullet.

For a 91 minute movie one would not expect to be bored and wishing for it's termination, but that is how I felt about this movie. The story of this movie consists solely on a series of extremely unlikely and seemingly inescapable impasses, that 'somehow' are overcome.
  19. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I was considering watching the film in 3D. Didn't do it. Left wondering if I should have.
    Review:
    Pros: Great action and CGI.
    Cons: Very little story. It was as if the characters were desperately trying to tell their backstory and they fail. There are many plot holes and many (astro)physical errors. Left me feeling unfullfilled at the end due to lack of story.
    Definitely does not deserve full points and definitely not best film of that year.
    4/5 - It's worth paying to watch it in the cinema.
  20. Jun 17, 2014
    A thrilling roller coaster ride made out of diamonds; a gorgeously detailed disaster/survival movie. Stoic themes: learn to detach, let go, etc. Superior acting performance from Bullock as the mission specialist. A few improbabilities and cliches buried underneath literal awesomeness, an awe that feels grounded in an ocean of reality.
  21. Jun 13, 2014
    Worst Movie of the Decade. Why was it nominated for Oscars in the first place? In understand why they won best visual effects in a motion picture. But Really who enjoys this stuff?
  22. Jun 12, 2014
    Visually Impressive but ridiculously overrated. It literally has no plot. Have people the films are a medium to tell stories using images rather than simply showing intriguing images with stunning visual effects?
  23. Jun 9, 2014
    Consensus: Gravity is stressful, entertaining, visually stunning, very well acted and consistently frightening despite its thin storyline. 91/100 [A-]

The film takes you into a suffocating atmosphere and sometimes plays with your mind, the special effects are impressive and it doesn't matter if you see it in 3D or 2D, the experience is great. The narrative is thin, there's not substance
    here but it's curious because the film doesn't need it, Gravity has enough visuals and excellent performances to succeed. I saw this movie with very high expectations, i saw it too for its high ratings in Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (96/100 and 97% respectively) and this film didn't disappoint me, it was awesome.

It's probably the best thriller of the year because keeps you on the edge, this isn't boring and overrated, is one of the best films of the year and it's worth it, though the film isn't perfect at all, not much narrative as i said and this can be easily noticed in the script of the film, is full of jokes and more jokes, this film is already one of the favorites, definitely deserves its awards it's a fantastic film full of surprises and as i said, visually stunning and highly recommended.

Thumbs up for everything! Gravity is entertaining, tense, 100% stressful , full of epic scenes, incredible special effects and a nice ending, all! Thumbs down for its thin narrative but it's curious because the film doesn't need it. Watch this film if you have high expectations or if you're fan of the horror genre, also if you like some other films of this director like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, also if you expect some bizarre and traumatizing scenes. Don't watch this movie if... nothing! you have to see it, is one of the best films of the year and just maybe i don't recommend it to people who are not fans of the genre. [A-]
  24. Jun 9, 2014
    Oh God I got so bored while watching this movie! I mean like stale dialogues and heavy breathing constitutes almost 80% of the film. There were a few good scenes but apart from that it was painful to watch. And no I'm not talking about sympathising with the characters, I mean like real mental pain that I suffered while watching this movie. Performances are so poor that it perfectly complements the overall movie :P Expand
  25. Jun 9, 2014
    96/100 for this movie? No way. The movie is highly overrated. I mean, it has a lot of good thing, the acting, effect is not bad. The story honestly really isn't something impressing. Personally I think the story is a little boring, but overall It is a good movie, but it is not a masterpiece.
  26. Jun 3, 2014
    This main girl character must be the dumbest and most stupidest human ever sent to space. If this is the best and brightest what NASA can muster then we are all doomed.
    Should i say that she is irritating as ****
  27. May 29, 2014
    What we have here is a movie with beautiful visuals; however, the plot attempts to be profound similar to Kubric's films and just cannot hold up.

I still find myself trying to figure out how this movie has won critical acclaim when there are so many holes in the plot line, that it is distracting to think logically while watching the film. This is especially true for science buffs. To
    sum it up, the movie offers cool visuals while functioning on the level of self-importance. If you truly want to see a great space movie, turn to Kubric's Space Odyssey; it is breathtaking. Expand
  28. May 27, 2014
    Far and away the best film of 2013, and maybe even one of the greatest space films of all time. Alfonso Cuaron shows that he is a brilliant filmmaker, by directing one of the best directed film in a long time. Sandra Bullock gives an amazing performance. And overall, a very good must see film
  29. May 26, 2014
    Probably the worst movie I've ever seen. It was so boring and horrible acting. I honestly just wanted them to die the entire time, that's how bad this movie was.
  30. May 25, 2014
    "I wake up go to work and i just drive"

Gravity is by far the best movie of the year so far beating out both Before Midnight and Mud. I had Chills from start to finish the movie felt more like a ride and it left me on the edge of my set the whole time. Though the movie is only 90 minutes it feels more like a two hour movie the way it paces itself.

Alfonso Cuarón has done some great
    movies in the past with Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. This film is by far the best he has done everything from the Actors to the CGI was perfect. Watching this in IMAX format was definitely worth the hour drive in the rain and the $20 dollars for the ticket.

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are amazing actors i love them both but Sandra Bullock was on another level in this film. Sure The Blind Side was a good movie but i think if she won Best Actress for that movie then then she should definitely win for Gravity it's a WAY WAY! better movie if she doesn't ill be pretty upset. George Clooney is an amazing actor and he proves it again in this with his performance. His dialog really hits you in the heart especially there at the end.

The CGI was on just amazing beating out everything i watched at the theaters this year it feels like you are there in space. The realism was on another level also beating out Europa Report which was another film that was high on realism. The moment when i seen the Airglow in the film i felt Bliss hit my body.

Overall i give it a Perfect 10 Truly an amazing film i knew this was going to AMAZING and i CAN'T WAIT for the blu-ray. I'm just in love with space and this movie was just another one i will add to my collection now onto the next great sci-fi Interstellar.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Nov 3, 2013
    A stunning space saga that takes off for new technical frontiers without leaving its humanity behind.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 6, 2013
    Gravity is not a film of ideas, like Kubrick's techno-mystical "2001," but it's an overwhelming physical experience -- a challenge to the senses that engages every kind of dread. [7 Oct. 2013, p.88]
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 4, 2013
    This is not to say that Gravity is a masterpiece: Unlike Cuarón’s extraordinary "Children of Men", it doesn’t quite pull off its ambitious effort to combine formal inventiveness, heart-pounding action, and intimate human storytelling. But it succeeds thrillingly at the first two of those categories, and only misses the mark on the last because it tries a little too hard — which is certainly a welcome respite from the countless sci-fi thrillers that privilege the human story not at all.