8.1

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Wow. GREASE is atrociously overrated and mis-praised. And, yes, I say that after the airing of TV's worldwide annoyance "Glee". GREASE just can't be stood by me.
  2. Oct 6, 2010
    This is surely one of the few 'cool' musicals. Travolta, the model of a man. Newton-John the model of a woman. Dance sequences that are so fluid you think they could melt at any moment. Classic Lines, cult cast, the heaven of musicals. 'Tell Me more, Tell Me more'. I can't, just watch the bloody film.
  3. Dec 4, 2010
    'Grease' has got all the elements of a fantastic musical - stunning choreography, hilarious humour, and impressive singing - all rolled into one explosive (and really addictive) film
  4. Aug 23, 2010
    Couple have Summer romance, she goes back to Australia, School starts, she didn't go to Australia, they meet up again, singing & mayhem ensue.
    It really is hard not to like this & it's been parodied a million times. The story is silly, acting pretty dodgy (Stockard Channing is great though) & it's camper than a row of tents.
    The songs though are brilliant & you just get sucked into the
    whole thing & you can't help singing along & enjoying it. Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2010
    Travolta and Newton-John has got some skills!
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    I am usually a horror film kind of guy but I found this film to be pretty good actually. A little corny and stupid at times but still it was good and worth the watch.
  7. Dec 14, 2011
    A very overrated movie. It's also wrongly praised. The acting was so horrible that it couldn't keep me interested. Grease 2 may be worst then the first but at least it has way better acting. The plot was decent but with all the music numbers there was no real plot build up. The girl falls for the bad boy during high school and they live happily ever after. I think I'm going to barf. I like movies with love stories but not like this one. This film will probably not appeal only to teenagers but to old moms. Moms who miss high school would love this. A word of advice to them is to get a psychiatrist, your holding something back. I did enjoy the costume design but I't didn't look accurate for the time period. For everyone reading this that loves this movie, hate all you want it wont stop you from being a spoiled American that doesn't know what a good movie is. Expand
  8. Dec 30, 2012
    Well, I was born in 1999, so the movie is old for me, but I Love It. I have some kind of admiration to oldies (music, films, artworks, tv shows). I like the movie because it's simple but funny and great. I love the songs and I am willing to play Danny at a Grease musical at School, someday. I will give the movie 9 out of 10 marks.
  9. Apr 5, 2012
    A classic...I hated some of the songs (two or three) , but overall, it was fantastic...a movie to remember! A movie for a nice late afternoon with cheese, wine, and friends!
  10. Oct 12, 2013
    Horrible movie, with people trying to hard to be cool. If they took the singing away it might be watchable.It is one of the most cheesy movies ever.I hate movies that break out into a song after every little thing.
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    The songs are what make this feel-good musical work, and while it is corny as long as you can enjoy it for what it is then it won't matter. Lead by a great cast and full of great performances, Grease is definitely up there as one of my favourite musicals :) Both Travolta and N-J are great together and really stand-out in this film. The dancing and ensemble also really impressed me, and there are some good laughs in there too. Overall an enjoyable film that any musical lover should enjoy! Expand
  12. Jan 14, 2013
    This movie just had catchy tunes with a c list acting ensemble. It was soooo bad. I guess it was a hit because it was different then all the other movies' endings but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Just because it was old doesn't mean that it was a classic.
  13. Nov 16, 2013
    I've seen Les Misreables, Haispray, Chicago and Mamma Mia. All of them are great but none of them can touch the magic of Grease. My heart arranged a melody while i was watching that movie. It was the greatest movie musical ever. My big brother thinks it stupid, but in my opinion he's just jealous. It's the one that i want, it takes back those summer nights, and it goes together like rama rama rama kadinga da dinga dong. I'll remember it forever like hoo-bop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom
    Chang chang changitty chang sha-bop That's the way it should be Wah-oooh, yeah!
  14. May 9, 2014
    Fantastically upbeat musical. Love the 50s theming, makes for a refreshing change for a modern musical. Characters are funny and lovable. Great Cast. A must-see!
  15. Jun 1, 2014
    Olivia-Newton and John makes the perfect and most memorable duet from the 70s. The best of feel-good films are ones which reminds you of your past, and 'Grease' has truly earned the title to be one of the best feel-good films ever made.
  16. Sep 30, 2014
    pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

No revival, however joyously promoted, can conceal the fact that this is just an average musical, pleasant and upbeat and plastic.
    Grease works as a musical, a comedy, a light romance, and a gentle satire of teenage life during the '50s. In part because of its persistent high spirits, it's a delight to watch, even 20 years after it first appeared on the screen.
  3. Grease isn't a four-star musical. It's fluffy and unimportant, and it gets tedious toward the end with the car-racing sequence that Kleiser staged in the paved-in-concrete Los Angeles River. The friskiness of the performers, the choreography by Patricia Birch and most of all Travolta's phenomenal charm give it its value.